Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad
Default Re: The Music Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Sweet Jesus. I had no clue someone else on this forum actually listen to good indie!

If you like those three bands, try out The Cribs. Easy rock with some groove. Also, the 1990s are cool. And the Decemberists. You also have try Of Montreal and Minus The Bear!

Good to see someone not-mainstream here. (:
Thank you so much. I sometimes feel like no one understands my taste in music. Also thanks for showing me those bands. Thats some pretty good stuff there.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 PM
SpaceUnicorn Offline
Banned

Minus The Bear is an okay band, but I just don't find their stuff catchy enough for me to listen to longer. I've recently gotten back into Rage Against The Machine, I grew up listening to them and I forgot how good they were.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:10 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceUnicorn View Post
Minus The Bear is an okay band, but I just don't find their stuff catchy enough for me to listen to longer. I've recently gotten back into Rage Against The Machine, I grew up listening to them and I forgot how good they were.
Dude, Minus The Bear like defines catchy! But I can understand how someone could get bored with them. After all, they have quite a few similar songs on every album.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
bottles_are_hollow Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Yesterday my dad bought Carrie Underwood's new c.d. (my family are HUGE country music fans, living in GA and everything)

it is an amazing c.d. her song: "I know you won't" is outstanding & one of the best vocals of the past decade or so IMO.... you should really check it out, it wont be a waste

i have a really odd choice in music: Country/Punk... hehe
Dude, Hanson will always be amazing. If you don't know who they are, check them out. And no, they are not dead, not gay, not girls, and they are still recording and touring.

Fall Out Boy is pretty awesome as well. The All-American Rejects, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, The Academy Is..., Ben Jelen, Motion City Soundtrack, Paramore, The Rocket Summer, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottles_are_hollow View Post
Dude, Hanson will always be amazing. If you don't know who they are, check them out. And no, they are not dead, not gay, not girls, and they are still recording and touring.

Fall Out Boy is pretty awesome as well. The All-American Rejects, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, The Academy Is..., Ben Jelen, Motion City Soundtrack, Paramore, The Rocket Summer, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc.
Wow I just saw Paramore's video on Fuse, they are awesome!
The first 3 bands you mentioned, I love them.

Has anone heard Tila Tequila's new songs, honestly she's hot, and I loved shot at love, and the new years masquerade, but her music isn't really as good as I though it would be, I like one her songs though.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Manly Blissey Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Manly Blissey

I'm a big metalhead myself. Anyone else?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Im Mostly Pop/R&b/Dance/Comedy.SOMETIME'S Hip-Hop.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Hazmat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Hazmat

Well, I seem to have a different taste in music.

I don't know anyone IRL who listens to the same bands as me.

Mainly, I'm a huge [and I mean HUGE] Fueled by Ramen fan [it's a record label, not a band].

Paramore, The Academy Is..., Powerspace, Cobra Starship and others pretty much define my music taste.

I also love a good female alternative singer - Such as Hayley Williams of Paramore.

[Plus, she's frickin' hottt XD].

- VPP - URPG - Comatose - ROFL -

- Paired with Bulletangel Forever -
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

I think that the title of this thread should be changed as people aren't really talking about the current music scene, but rather posting their favorites in a casual music discussion.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 AM
TheDarkHunter Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TheDarkHunter

I am not big on what is hot verses what is not... To tell you the truth I don't care. I think it is ashame that people dismiss certain things because it is not "cool".... It shows how shallow and ignorant are society can be.

I mainly listen to Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Symphonic Metal, Gothic Metal, Doom Metal, Black Metal and almost all the metal genres. I also like Goth Rock, Death Rock, Darkwave, EBM, Industrial, Future Pop, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, and so on.

Current favorite band is Nightwish, Symphony X and Blind Guardian (three of my favorites).

I like the works of David Bowie, Lou Reed, Nico, Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, The Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and so on.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:18 AM
iamanalog Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkHunter View Post
I am not big on what is hot verses what is not... To tell you the truth I don't care. I think it is ashame that people dismiss certain things because it is not "cool".... It shows how shallow and ignorant are society can be.

I mainly listen to Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Symphonic Metal, Gothic Metal, Doom Metal, Black Metal and almost all the metal genres. I also like Goth Rock, Death Rock, Darkwave, EBM, Industrial, Future Pop, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, and so on.

Current favorite band is Nightwish, Symphony X and Blind Guardian (three of my favorites).

I like the works of David Bowie, Lou Reed, Nico, Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, The Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and so on.
Hey, do you have any suggestions for some futurepop groups?
Ive been digging some stuff from And One, De/Vision, frozen plasma and i absolutely love covenant.

Or if not specifically futurepop, anything with synth just about rocks my mind.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 AM
iamanalog Offline

Since this thread is basically about the music people like ill post what im in to i guess.

I would like to think i have a unique taste in music. Growing up i often felt the need to limit myself to certain genres, only to realize im missing out on tons of great music. Currently i find my self listening to a grand scale of music, over the course of a day i can easily listen to 5 different genres.

Basically what i listen to is anything that is electronic or synth based with alot of rock/indie/punk mixed in. I started out with just alot of rock bands like any of the 90's grunge bands then i got more in to electronic stuff.

A few bands that are in my current playlist are, 30 seconds to mars, black sun empire, boysetsfire, carbon-based lifeforms, coheed and cambia, covenant, death from above 1979, killswitch engage, KJ sawka, maldroid, orgy, secret lives of free masons, shiny toy guns, wideband network and then usually a random various artist type complicaion cd for ambient/synthpop/electro groups.

As you can see i enjoy my music quite a bit.

Last edited by iamanalog; 01-27-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

Daft punk ftw.

That is all.

As for music types, I like them all really =/

Stardy = awesome
Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

Rock and punk is what is "cool"
here now, I prefer rock.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Ah, I was on youtube and looked for Jully Black songs. Still great. Same with Choclair and Maestro. :3