Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 05-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness
Default Re: The Music Scene

Probably the greatest song of all time.
Creeping in my soul.
Two awesome Vids.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9WNcwIRsx8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sZRQFEbSyN4&feature=related
WATCH THE SECOND ONE IF YOU LIKE KINGDOM HEARTS!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 AM
FallOutBoy Offline
New Trainer

Heavy Metal is overrated. Making a catchy melodic song full of hooks takes a lot more songwriting skills than wanking a guitar with arpeggios and turning the volume up to max.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Forretress Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallOutBoy View Post
Heavy Metal is overrated. Making a catchy melodic song full of hooks takes a lot more songwriting skills than wanking a guitar with arpeggios and turning the volume up to max.
off topic but I take it that you like Fall Out Boy/ Patrick Stump? :D
Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forretress View Post
off topic but I take it that you like Fall Out Boy/ Patrick Stump? :D
Who wouldn't? Stump is made of win, and his voice is just...<3

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

Who wouldn't? Stump is made of win, and his voice is just...<3

Deathspector
He's good, but not the best. He might be the best in the genre however.

@ FallOutBoy: Epic critical fail. I'm not even gonna try you.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I can't remember whether I posted this here or on another forum, so I'm going to post this anyway, just in case. :P

I'd personally like the recommend the band RED, www.myspace.com/dropofred
They're a Christian Rock band and they sound slightly like Linkin Park without the rap and a bit more strings. Every single one of their songs is memorable and worth listening to, even the 60 second opening, which is beautiful. Don't be put off by the Christian Rock genre, as none of their lyrics are preachy, nor do they even say they're singing about anything religious at all, it's left completely up to the listener's interpretation.
As I said, all of the songs on their album, they only have one at the moment, are memorable and, um, 'epic', if that's a good way of describing it. The lyrics are good, the singer has a very good voice range, and in some songs he even screams, but not in a screamo/scene way. It's usually accompanied by some heavy-ish guitars, strings and even soem beautifully composed piano sections.
RED = WIN P:

I also want to make a special mention for the piano piece Le Onde and the INstrumental song Requiem for a Dream. <3

These songs give masses of inspiration.

Oh, and Mr Stump is an amazing singer . I'm just not too fond of the band these days, apart from the occasional winning song.

In case anyone is interested in my own personal preference when it comes to music, I genuinely like it all. I'm not just saying that to seem uber, like some people do. :P
You'll find me listening to 50 Cent one day, Napalm Death and Nile the next, then some mass craze on Beethoven. I love every style of music, in any language (I really like Japanese vocals, my friends call me crazy), but my favorite types of songs are the ones that I like to call 'epic', that really get your imagination going.
Actually, scrap that a little, there is one type of music I don't like, that's Minimalism, it kills me. ¬___¬
Music is one of my all time favorite things, and I'm taking many exams in it, just because I'm great. (H)
Umbreon
Done @ 1380

Last edited by WorkThoseStripes; 09-08-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
He's good, but not the best. He might be the best in the genre however.
I think he's brilliant. Not many singers who can do what he can with his voice. I understand some people don't like FOB or emo/indie music, but there's no denying that he's good.

Also, WTS, I composed a minimalist piece once for my IGCSEs, and it didn't sound half bad. But yeah, they're very...well, pissing off. I can't stand classical twentieth century music, though. It's just noise.

Deathspector

Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkThoseStripes View Post
I can't remember whether I posted this here or on another forum, so I'm going to post this anyway, just in case. :P

I'd personally like the recommend the band RED, www.myspace.com/dropofred
They're a Christian Rock band and they sound slightly like Linkin Park without the rap and a bit more strings. Every single one of their songs is memorable and worth listening to, even the 60 second opening, which is beautiful. Don't be put off by the Christian Rock genre, as none of their lyrics are preachy, nor do they even say they're singing about anything religious at all, it's left completely up to the listener's interpretation.
As I said, all of the songs on their album, they only have one at the moment, are memorable and, um, 'epic', if that's a good way of describing it. The lyrics are good, the singer has a very good voice range, and in some songs he even screams, but not in a screamo/scene way. It's usually accompanied by some heavy-ish guitars, strings and even soem beautifully composed piano sections.
RED = WIN P:

I also want to make a special mention for the piano piece Le Onde and the INstrumental song Requiem for a Dream. <3

These songs give masses of inspiration.

Oh, and Mr Stump is an amazing singer . I'm just not too fond of the band these days, apart from the occasional winning song.

In case anyone is interested in my own personal preference when it comes to music, I genuinely like it all. I'm not just saying that to seem uber, like some people do. :P
You'll find me listening to 50 Cent one day, Napalm Death and Nile the next, then some mass craze on Beethoven. I love every style of music, in any language (I really like Japanese vocals, my friends call me crazy), but my favorite types of songs are the ones that I like to call 'epic', that really get your imagination going.
Actually, scrap that a little, there is one type of music I don't like, that's Minimalism, it kills me. ¬___¬
Music is one of my all time favorite things, and I'm taking many exams in it, just because I'm great. (H)
RED, ftw!

Hah, it's always cool to see fans of bands I know on random forums.

And noooo, they don't sound like Linkin Park. Don't tell me that! I hateee LP.

Actually, the beginning of Already Over sort of does, but that's it.

Oh yeah, anyone else heard FOB's new single? It's pretty patheic, compared to some of their old stuff.

I'm dissapointed.

paired with kimmi.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast the Stereo View Post
Oh yeah, anyone else heard FOB's new single? It's pretty patheic, compared to some of their old stuff.

I'm dissapointed.
I'm quite disappointed as well. They get worse with each album, and I'm upset, 'cause they were so good way back when. Maybe fame's getting to their heads and screwing with their music-making skill? Meh

Oh, an curse you for hating LP. *cursecurse*

xP

Deathspector

Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

I'm quite disappointed as well. They get worse with each album, and I'm upset, 'cause they were so good way back when. Maybe fame's getting to their heads and screwing with their music-making skill? Meh

Oh, an curse you for hating LP. *cursecurse*

xP

Deathspector
Heh.

I think I don't like LP because back when they first came out, my brother and I would listen to them EVERY day going to school, for like a year.

Same thing with Sum41, but just the year earlier, so I don't like them either.

So now their songs sicken me. Plus, I just don't like the mix of rap, and sometimes the singer's voice is just obnoxious.

But Bleed it Out is really good, I'll admit. :]

paired with kimmi.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Damien Grey Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Damien Grey Send a message via MSN to Damien Grey

Yea, my taste isn't really "scene", compared to most people on here.

I hate Fall Out Boy, the only good song they've ever sung is "Dance, Dance", and I only like that 'coz of the music vid.

I love RED, but I've only ever heard two or three of their songs. Any good ones other thatn "Hide" and "Let Go"? I really need to buy End Of Silence.

I'm gonna throw a name out, and see if anyone here knows Skillet.

They. Rock. Christian Metal-ish Rock.

Or Hoobastank? They're a little old compared to some of the other names, but they're good. Except "Same Direction". I hate that song.

hawknelsonhawknelsonhawknelson!

EDIT: LP rox ur sox, and u kno it.

...as my veins turn to wires, my friends turn to liars
Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast the Stereo View Post
Heh.

I think I don't like LP because back when they first came out, my brother and I would listen to them EVERY day going to school, for like a year.

Same thing with Sum41, but just the year earlier, so I don't like them either.

So now their songs sicken me. Plus, I just don't like the mix of rap, and sometimes the singer's voice is just obnoxious.

But Bleed it Out is really good, I'll admit. :]
I actually love Chester's voice. I prefer their songs where Shinoda doesn't rap, but I have nothing against him. But of course, it's your preference and all that...xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Of Twilight View Post
I'm gonna throw a name out, and see if anyone here knows Skillet.

They. Rock. Christian Metal-ish Rock.

Or Hoobastank? They're a little old compared to some of the other names, but they're good. Except "Same Direction". I hate that song.

hawknelsonhawknelsonhawknelson!

EDIT: LP rox ur sox, and u kno it.
SKILLET = ZOMFG!

I've only heard Whsipers In The Dark, though, but was obsessed with it for weeks.

Deathspector

Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Does anyone know how this video can get 110,613 veiws when it was literally released three hours ago?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-23EToh43M

ORIGHTITSBRITNEY
Old 10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Does anyone know how this video can get 110,613 veiws when it was literally released three hours ago?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-23EToh43M

ORIGHTITSBRITNEY
'Cause kids like you are posting the link everywhere? x3

A Rocket to the Moon = Amazing music. It's one person, but I guess you would still call it a band? But his songs are just so incredible, and if I were ever to produce an album, it would be like his... Sort of a techno-ish alternative-ish Mayday Parade/Owl City sound... That's the best I can describe it. x]

BRYCExKAT
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Frozen_in_Time Offline