Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Shiny pokemon breeding

Can someone tell me what the best/quickest way is to breed shiny pokemon?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Shiny pokemon breeding

There is no best/quickest way to breed Shiny Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl. The chances are 1 in 8192, the same chances as running into a Shiny Pokemon in the wild. Sorry.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer

I hoped there was a quicker way.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

There is no quicker way, but if you get into 8191 battles (with Wild Pokemon) save, and hatch a few eggs, you may get a Shiny a lot quicker that way. Remember, it's a 1/2 chance. So save and keep hatching the egg till it is a Shiny. You'll have to count all your battles, though.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer

But you doesn't have battled 8191 wild pokemon quickly. What if you get a shiny pokemon you don't want? it isn't really an option I think.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

What? It's an 8191 chance, once you have battled them, save, fly to Solaceon, pick the Pokemon you want to breed (the one you want to be shiny), save in front of the old lady, breed them, hatch the egg and like I said, 1/2 chance of it being shiny. If it isn't, just try again.

It takes a ton of patience. And no, like I said, there is no way in D/P to make a Pokemon breed shiny unless you do the above. It's a 8192 chance, that or pure luck/coincidence.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyK View Post
What? It's an 8191 chance, once you have battled them, save, fly to Solaceon, pick the Pokemon you want to breed (the one you want to be shiny), save in front of the old lady, breed them, hatch the egg and like I said, 1/2 chance of it being shiny. If it isn't, just try again.

It takes a ton of patience. And no, like I said, there is no way in D/P to make a Pokemon breed shiny unless you do the above. It's a 8192 chance, that or pure luck/coincidence.
It takes too long to do that.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah, well there is no quick way in D/P. In Crystal, however, you were guranteed a Shiny baby when both the parents were Shiny. They changed it in 3rd gen/FR/LG and 4th gen. Too bad, huh?

Either that, or get an AR and a code to make the babies shiny.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM
pixlepix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

No that trick wont work.The game doesn't count 8191 and make the next one shiny. edit here is an article that explanes it better.

The fact is that Pokemon are all generated from a base ID, called a Pokemon Identification #, or just PID.

The random number generator chooses PIDs from the database, and then every PID has a nature, gender value (different from gender), IV spread, and ability value attached, so every Pokemon's attributes are all based on this one number.

If you change only one of those attributes (this is talking about caught Pokemon, not bred ones those are different) then the PID becomes incongruous with the attributes, and of course on every game 8 out of 65536 PIDs (there are millions of PIDs) is shiny, but which PIDs show up as shiny is determined by your player ID and secret ID.

Because of this, I could breed an egg that would hatch and be shiny on my game, but if I traded the same egg to another game and hatched it there, chances are it wouldn't be shiny at all. The same is with wild pokemon, certain PID/ID/SID combinations are shiny.
Heroscape
Heroscape rules
What to buy in heroscape

Last edited by pixlepix; 03-12-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
kalamadae Offline

Send a message via MSN to kalamadae

hm u could always use a hacking device like an AR if you want quick results lol ^^ but of course they'll be hacked

what pixelpix said is about as accurate as ur gonna get with leaving it up to chance encounters and breeding. unfortunately its totally random. however perhaps if there is a pokemon you would like as a baby and it can also be caught wild then chaining with the pokeradar might be a better option
Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlepix View Post
No that trick wont work.The game doesn't count 8191 and make the next one shiny. edit here is an article that explanes it better.

The fact is that Pokemon are all generated from a base ID, called a Pokemon Identification #, or just PID.

The random number generator chooses PIDs from the database, and then every PID has a nature, gender value (different from gender), IV spread, and ability value attached, so every Pokemon's attributes are all based on this one number.

If you change only one of those attributes (this is talking about caught Pokemon, not bred ones those are different) then the PID becomes incongruous with the attributes, and of course on every game 8 out of 65536 PIDs (there are millions of PIDs) is shiny, but which PIDs show up as shiny is determined by your player ID and secret ID.

Because of this, I could breed an egg that would hatch and be shiny on my game, but if I traded the same egg to another game and hatched it there, chances are it wouldn't be shiny at all. The same is with wild pokemon, certain PID/ID/SID combinations are shiny.
Ah, I see. But then you'd have to hack your game to find out how many shinies you're going to run into, right?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
MasterBallz Offline
Experienced Trainer

As someone who has both hatched a shiny and used the pokeradar extensively if you want to get a shiny the quickest way then definately go with the pokeradar as I've gotten 3shiny pokemon that way. However, it's still not easy and the standard rules of using it can be somewhat inconsistent in breaking your chains. I don't like chaining because of that and the fact that many times you can chain for a long time and still come up empty or your shiny can have a crappy nature or really poor IVs. I myself like breeding better because I don't breed for shinies, I breed for high IVs and egg moves. Sometimes you are surprised by a shiny in the process and luckily it may end up having cool egg moves and great IVs in the process. Besides you can take your non-shiny high IV, good natured and egg moves pokes you breed and trade them for other people's shinies.

FC for trading Events: Crip 2879 0986 9684
FC for trading Fan Events: Kelly 1805 3480 6387
FC for trading shines and IV pokemon: Lokheed 3308 5876 9777

Link to my trade thread....
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=76928
Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer

I think it is better to not search to shiny's. If you doesn't do it. It is a very good suprising if you finally find one random!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Toxic Soup Offline
New Trainer

Okay, I'll set everybody straight.

All Pokemon have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny, whether it be from an egg, wild encounter, SR-ing, etc. That does not mean that after 8192 battles, the Pokemon will be shiny.

Think of it as a big bag of 8192 balls. 8191 balls are green and one is red. Green balls represent non-shiny Pokemon and the red ball represents shiny Pokemon. Everytime you encounter a Pokemon, it's like reaching into the bag and taking a ball. However, you have to put it back into the bag after the battle. Eventually, you will grab that coveted red one.

As for eggs, everything about that Pokemon (IV's, nature, shinyness, gender, etc.) is decided once you pick up the egg from the daycare. It doesn't matter if you trade it to another game or not, it will still be shiny. Also, saving one step before the egg hatches and SR-ing does nothing.

I hope that clears everything up.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

I would adice the fast hatch code for quick results and possible instant egg code.