Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
napoleonn 4 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Best and worst pokemon openings

i think jotho journeys is the best opening the one that starts out
saying pokemon 3 times.
the worst opening i think is the battle frontier one its preety gay and fruity
and the first dp one isnt even a song, its like a guy talking

treasure life
for you only have one
but really when you think about it
what is life?
why are we here?
to just live and die?
never the less where here
and we must treasure that.
for there is a reason
its out there
some where

Last edited by napoleonn 4; 03-17-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Raging-Banebou Offline

Default Re: Best and worst pokemon openings

I like ALL Japanese openings better...the 1st english opening sucks HARD and makes me want to vomit.

Marina is MY bishoujou...NO TOUCHIE!!!

"I've got a better idea...let's play swallow the stuff under the sink." -Stewie Griffin, "Family Guy"
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Worst was the English Battle Frontier.

Best was 'OK!', opening number 3 (Johto)/the Japanese one.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Cherry Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonn 4 View Post
I think Jotho Journeys is the best opening because of the way it starts out.
Saying pokemon 3 times.
The worst opening, I think, is the battle frontier one because it's preaty gay and fruity.
And the first d/p one isn't even a song its like a guy talking.
I know your new but that was hard to understand...

I think the best opening was in the first season. Ash caught Pikachu, and everything was great. The worst was the Battle Frontier. I would have to agree with you.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 PM
napoleonn 4 Offline
Amateur Trainer

how am i knew look at my join date.

alright ill reprase it, the best was the jotho journeys .
battle frontier and the dp are
both gay.

treasure life
for you only have one
but really when you think about it
what is life?
why are we here?
to just live and die?
never the less where here
and we must treasure that.
for there is a reason
its out there
some where
Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 AM
frdakisa02468 Offline
Amateur Trainer

I dont think the battle frontier was that bad but it was ok.
I like the masterquest and the johto one that went ♪♫♪"It's a whole new world we live in" ♪♫♪
Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 AM
No1Inparticular Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to No1Inparticular

Worst Is D/P, The First D/P One.

Best Is The One That Goes. "It's A Whole New World We Live In, It's An All New Way To See" Or Something Like That.

Link ; Courage Signiture Made By Me.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 AM
inyi Offline

The 1st English Opening is the Best...

Worst? not worse, but a bit bad was the 9th opening (Battle Frontier) but its japaneese ver. was the greatest! (Pokemon Spurt) coz Ash's Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Pokemon are all shown, even butterfree and Pidgeot!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 AM
BLAZIKEN_EMY Offline
Banned

I THINK ALL EPISODE OPENINGS WERE KINDA GREAT BUT BATTLE FRONTIER......<NOT GOOD, I WOULD KINDA AGREE WITH U<

I THINK HERES A RUN DOWN OF THE OTHER EPS:

First aired: 9/8/2006 Production Code: Special 3
A boy wakes up to find that he's been turned into a Squirtle and can now understand the Pokémon Language. He learns that disasters have been happening lately and rescue teams have been formed. He joins his friends Charmander and Chikorita on Team Go-Getters. They get an assignment where they must go to the Sinister Cave to find the older brother of a Pichu. However, they have rivals on the mission – Team Meanie, a team of mean Pokémon Ekans, Medicham, and Gengar. Will they be able to rescue Pikachu and beat Team Meanies?

Guest star: Ken Gates (Whiscash), Kayzie Rogers (Squirtle), Michelle Knotz (Chikorita), Jimmy Zoppi (Gengar), Sarah Natochenny (Medicham/Baby Kangaskhan), Emily Jenness (Skarmory), Emily Williams (Charmander), Craig Blair (Pikachu), Hilary Thomas (Aunty Kangaskhan)

420. Fear Factor Phony

Good 7
reviews
First aired: 9/8/2006 Production Code: 901
On their way to the Battle Arena, Ash and friends arrive in a Ghost Town where there are a group of Ghost Pokémon scaring anyone who comes by. After being scared, they find a group of Psychic Pokémon, who after being abandoned, have been playing loud music all day and night. While Ash and friends try to cheer up the Psychic Pokémon, Team Rocket team-up with the Ghost Pokémon and try to stop the Psychic Pokémon for good!

421. Sweet Baby James

Superb 12
reviews
First aired: 9/9/2006 Production Code: 902
On the way to the Battle Arena, both James' Chimecho and May's Munchlax fall sick. They bring them to James' old summer mansion where they are attended to by James' Nanny and Pop-Pop. James has everyone play along with him when he says he is the leader of a major business. Meanwhile, even though they promised James they would stay out of trouble, Jessie and Meowth decide to steal all the Pokémon in the garden as well as Nanny and Pop-Pop's friend Mime Jr!

Guest star: Ken Gates (Pop-Pop) , Sondra James (Nanny)

422. A Chip Off the Old Brock
Community Score8.3
Great 2
reviews
First aired: 9/16/2006 Production Code: 903
During a training match against Ash's Grovyle, Brock's Mudkip evolves into Marshtomp and with its new power injures a nearby Flaaffy. They offer to help Flaaffy, but it turns out the girl, Mariah, has a Grandma that owns a pharmacy nearby. At the pharmacy, Flaaffy is healed. Ash and the others then learn that Grandma Katie has a student named McCauley that is learning the secrets behind medicine. Meanwhile, Team Rocket decides to steal all of Katie's medicine.

Guest star: Billy Regan (McCauley), Kayzie Rogers (Grandma Katie) , Ellen Shanman (Mariah)

423. Wheel of Frontier
Community Score8.9
Great 2
reviews
First aired: 9/16/2006 Production Code: 904
At the Pokémon Center Ash recieves his Snorlax from Professor Oak. He learns about the Arena Tycoon Greta from Scott, who tells him that she battles with Fighting Pokémon. At the Battle Arena, Ash ends up with a two-on-two battle with Greta. Greta chooses Hariyama and Medicham while Ash chooses Grovyle and Snorlax. In the first round Greta quickly overwhelms Grovyle. Can Ash and Snorlax pull through and beat Greta?

Guest star: Sonny Dey (Greta), Bill Rogers (Scott)

424. May’s Egg-Cellent Adventure
Community Score8.6
Great 4
reviews
First aired: 9/23/2006 Production Code: 905
On the way to the Battle Dome, Ash and friends stumble upon a Pokémon Breeding Farm. On the farm, a girl named Nicolet dreams of entering Pokémon Contests, but doesn't want to leave the Farm. May tries to encourage her but instead she challenges May to a battle a launches attack after attack at Munchlax. Munchlax, using its new attack Focus Punch, wins the battle. Meanwhile, Team Rocket comes up with a plan to steal all the eggs!

Guest star: Hilary Thomas (Jeannie) , Emily Williams (Nicolette), Robert O'Gorman (Christopher)

Special. The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon
Community Score7.2
Good 17
reviews
First aired: 4/29/2006 Production Code: Special 2
Ash is personally invited to the lab of Dr. Yung to test out his new battle system. When arriving there he meets up with Misty and Professor Oak who were also invited. Dr. Yung appears and challenges both Misty and Ash to a battle. He easily defeats Misty, but his match with Ash is interrupted by a cloaked figure named Mirage Master. Mirage Master turns Dr. Yung’s experiments against him and captures him and Professor Oak! As Brock goes for help (and to get a date), Ash and Misty sneak into the castle to rescue the Professor while May and Max wait outside. However, Mirage Master seems strikingly familiar, is he possibly hiding something?

Guest star: Michelle Knotz (Misty), Jimmy Zoppi (Professor Oak), Michelle Knotz (Nurse Joy) , Kayzie Rogers (Officer Jenny/Ash (Original Version)), Billy Regan (Dr. Yung/Mirage Master), Diane Stillwell (Nurse Joy (Original Version))

425. Weekend Warrior
Community Score7.8
Good 1
review
First aired: 9/23/2006 Production Code: 906
May arrives in Silver Town for her second Pokémon Contest. As the contest begins a guy named Jeremy enters the contest much to his wife and son's protest. Jeremy tries to tell his wife why he loves contests but she doesn't want to listen so May steps in to help Jeremy. As the final round arrives, it is a battle between May and Jeremy.

Guest star: Craig Blair (Jeremy), Kayzie Rogers (Lillian) , Ellen Shanman (Mandy)

426. On Olden Pond
Community Score6.6
Fair
First aired: 9/30/2006 Production Code: 907
On the way to the Battle Dome, Ash and the others decide to stop at a famous fishing spot for the day. However, the lake is deserted. They find out from the owner of a fishing house, Tiffany, that a company wants to buy the lake and turn the land into a resort. In order to scare people away from the land so Tifanny and her Grandma get no business, the leader of the comapny uses his Crawdaunt to terrorize the lake. When Tiffany fins out, she challenges his to a battle. The next day Ash prepares to fight him for the future of the lake.

Guest star: Kayzie Rogers (Grandma Galea), Annie Silver (Tiffany), Ken Gates (Saridakis)

427. Tactics Theatrics!!
Community Score7.4
Good 2
reviews
First aired: 9/30/2006 Production Code: 908
Ash finally arrives at the Battle Dome ready for his next Frontier Battle. After a little press conference Ash finally begins his battle against the Frontier Brain, Tucker. The battle will be a double battle, which Tucker uses Swampert and Arcanine for. Ash chooses Swellow and Corphish and the battle begins. The battle quickly goes in Tucker's favor as his Pokémon are very skilled at combinations together.

Guest star: Bill Rogers (Scott), Bill Rogers (Tucker) , Tracy Friedman (Reporter)

428. Reversing The Charges
Community Score8.5
Great 4
reviews
First aired: 10/7/2006 Production Code: 909
On their way to the Battle Pike, Ash and friends encounter an Elekid with an attitude problem. Lately, the mountains where Elekid lives have been struck by tons of lightning, which has caused Elekid to absorb it and go crazy. Following an attack, May's Egg becomes stuck in Elekid's antenna and it runs off. Now they must get the egg back! However, Elekid attacks Team Rocket and separates James from Mime Jr! Now, May's egg is with Team Rocket and Mime Jr is with May! Can Ash and the others stop Elekid from attacking more Pokémon and save May's Egg?

429. The Green Guardian
Community Score7.4
Good 1
review
First aired: 10/7/2006 Production Code: 910
On their way to the Battle Pike, Ash and friends decide to ride along Cycling Road. However it is closed and they must go through the forest below. After hearing a noise, Pikachu wanders away and finds an injured Celebi under some thick vines. Ash and the others then meet up with the Pokémon Ranger Solana who agrees to help them find Pikachu. When they finally find Pikachu and Celebi, the reunion is short-lived as Team Rocket attacks wanting Celebi for themselves!

Guest star: Rhonda Krempa (Solana) , Maya Rosewood (Officer Jenny)

430. From Cradle to Save!
Community Score7.5
Good 1
review
First aired: 10/14/2006 Production Code: 911
On the way to the Battle Pike, Ash and friends stumble across a ninja school. However, there have been thefts around the school lately and they are told to be alert. On one of their tasks, which is to find the teacher's Kecleon, Ash and another Ninja stumble across a Bonsly. Bonsly is quickly blamed for all of the recent thefts at the school but Brock quickly proves them wrong. Soon after, the real thieves, which is none-other than Team Rocket, show up to steal all of the Pokémon at the Ninja School!

Guest star: Annie Silver (Lead Ninja), Jimmy Zoppi (Cool Ninja)

431. Time Warp Heals All Wounds!
Community Score7.9
Good 3
reviews
First aired: 10/14/2006 Production Code: 912
Ash and friends finally arrive in Fuchsia City with the Battle Pike only a day away. May's egg then begins to glow signaling that it is ready to hatch. However, before she can celebrate her Squirtle runs off. May finds Squirtle at the train station with an old lady named Edna. Meanwhile, Team Rocket decides to divide and conquer to capture everyone's Pokémon. Back at the train station, Edna explains that she is waiting for her husband to return. Then Edna's granddaughter, Katrina, shows up and gets her Grandma to go home. Katrina tells May that many years ago Edna's husband, Jonathan, left for the big city in order to become a Pokemon Doctor. Edna tried to reach the station but the train left before she got there and she wishes it had just been snowing that day so she could have told Jonathan they were going to have a baby. One year later, he died in an accident but she refuses to believe it. She also tells May that Edna lost her pendant that day. When May and Squritle find the pendant, they, along with Meowth (who was following and listening to them), get transported back in time to that exact day, and decide to fix Edna's future by fixing the past by making sure that it starts to snow.

Guest star: Jimmy Zoppi (Train Guard), Bill Rogers (Train Guard), Ken Gates (Train Announcer), Annie Silver (Edna), Eric Schussler (Jonathan) , Ami Shukla (Katrina)

432. Queen of the Serpentine!
Community Score8.8
Great 4
reviews
First aired: 10/21/2006 Production Code: 913
Ash finally arrives at the location of the Battle Pike ready to battle. Team Rocket tricks him into coming into their own fake Battle Pike where they capture Pikachu. With the help of the real Frontier Brain - Pike Queen Lucy, they save Pikachu. Ash challenges Lucy to a battle, and even though it is her day off, she accepts as she has a crush on Brock. As the two begin their battle, Ash realizes Lucy is no pushover. Can Ash win? And who will Brock cheer for!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

best one is johto and the worst one is battle frontier
Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Giratina Offline

I liked Battle Frontier. It was good. Johto's opening was awesome. D/P was mostly rap, which I don't really like.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 03-22-2008, 04:47 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

They need to seriously play the Japanese theme! They have Good, Good Smile for Diamond and Pearl, and we get the crap rap or whatever they call it for our opening theme. I'm embarrassed as I think the Japanese theme RULES!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I like the "Advanced Battle", " Master Quest"and "Pokemon Jhoto"( Or whatever it is called)
I hated Season nine altogether because the voices had changed( They had changed in the earlier seasons as well but it was hard to notice) and I hate d/p and chronicles theme song. It was cool howerver in the movies how the redid the songs so they sounded better like in 4ever.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Wingull

Pokemon Advanced, I think it was something like that... was the best opening.
I hated Battle Frontier, it was... cheesy.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
bekah_the_pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to bekah_the_pikachu

Best is either the 1st season or Advance battle. DP sucks. Alot. I seriously have to cover my ears.
Closed Thread