Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: The Pokemon Passion

Honestly, there will be a day when, yes, you will still enjoy some parts of it, but on the whole, you will have more on your mind. And stick up for what you believe in. Don't let people talk down on you just because you enjoy something, but then again, don't let what you enjoy control your every aspect of life. Moderate it, and you will enjoy things a lot more, and you'll hopefully have more friends ;-)
Old 03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Wow, you're absolutely right, Jeikobu... I can especially relate to being sad and using Pokemon as something to cheer you up. I was having kind of a hard time over the summer, and I hadn't played the games or watched the show in ages. Anyway, I started it up again, one day, and it helped me out a lot. It got my mind off of everything and it's just such a great hobby, IMO. I dunno, it seems weird that it's so important to me and everyone else here, but it just is.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Well, a long while ago, even before the Anime came out, i had never heard of Pokemon, until a friend borrowed me the game. I played it for hours, and by the end, i wanted a copy of the game myself... i went out and got Pokemon Red, along with a GBC, and started raising my Pokemon. After that, i heard everyone was playing the Game, and collecting the cards too, plus there was a cartoon of it coming out. To think, back then i didn't know anything about Anime... Eitherway, i didn't get into Pokemon because it was popular, or cool at the time; i liked Pokemon from the first time i played the game. A few months later, (After Yellow came out) i nearly completed my Pokedex on Red, also being the owner of a Mew, via the cloning trick. But, as i was using the cloning trick for a friend, so he'd also have Mew. I only needed a Magmar to complete the Dex of 150 Pokemon... Then my game reset, and the data mysteriously erased... I had no idea why; the cloning trick doesnt involve a Gameshark or anything, so i was pretty annoyed. I had to restart the entire game, and catch all the Pokemon again, which i did without hesitation. This time i was careful though, and i managed to trade someone for a Magmar, thus completing the Pokedex of 151 Pokemon. It took a long time to do that, but i still completed it.
Then i started playing Yellow, which i had bought, and had been playing alongside Pokemon Red a few months earlier. Not much else to say really, except that GSC rocked, and my Silver/Crystal games were imports from America, so i had them before alot of people in the UK. I was a little angry with Crystal though. Nintendo repeatedly said that Celebi was unobtainable, when that was a blind lie. Not only was the G/S ball a real item within the game (Only known to be obtainable through Gameshark), but there was also a code, that would give you the real, usable G/S ball: You enter the code, and talk to Kurt. The code tricks the game into thinking you gave Kurt the G/S ball 24 hours earlier, thus Kurt gives you back the G/S ball. Kurt then goes outside, and if you go out and talk to him, he says something is happening in the forest or w/e. If you then go in the forest, and put the GS ball in the shrine, Celebi would appear.

How did Nintendo lie, you ask? The fact that Kurts text about the G/S ball was translated, and it surely wouldnt be, if the G/S ball was supposed to be unobtainable (Plus it doesnt work if you shark a GS ball into your bag). I tried this code myself, and it did work, so if anyone doubts me, i can try to find the code for you.

Well, whether Nintendo lies or not, just to promote special Nintendo events, or to get more tourism in certain places (Pokemon Center, etc), Pokemon is a great game, and always has been. Anyone who thinks we're immature for playing the game, or watching the Anime, must seriously be a jerk.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 03-23-2004, 07:39 PM
|}{|Seph|}{| Offline
New Trainer

for me pokemon is a game i can play with my little bro although i can never admit to it i never really liked it for me it is just a road trip game to play or a boredom gameboy game when i cant go boarding or running.

i dont mind it its just those weird obsessed can name all 150 in percise order people who annoy me, or the ones who wont shut up about it.

Death is the Ultimate Fairness
Old 03-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer

Talking Re: The Pokemon Passion

I don't consider myself has a pokemon greatest fan, I like playing the games, they distract me , the games I really like is Final Fantasy of course .
I watch the anime, but it isn't my favorite, my all time favorite show is Escaflowne. I'm simply a anime fan, but my country TV stations don't bet enough in anime .

Last edited by Tidus24; 03-23-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Interesting comments. And I admire all of you who are not afraid to stand up for what you like. I think that's part of what makes you a fan.
I also admire those of you who like Pokemon regardless of its popularity. I think it's ridiculous myself, to get into something just because everyone else says it's cool, then drop it off like a bag of cement once it dies down a little and something else has taken the spotlight. I think you should find what you really like, and stick with it.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

I really hate to say it, but for me, I just play it because it's a good game.

It used to be more than that, however. I remember I used to get up early to watch the shows, I used to tape the shows when I had to be somewhere else at the time, I bought LOADS of cards, etc. But now, everything except for the video game itself has become too repetitive.

I do still have some pride though. I hate Pokemon haters, those people that just hate on Pokemon for the heck of it without even trying it out. You know, the ones that hate it just because they think it's cool to say "Pokemon sucks" and uncool to say "Pokemon rocks."

I really, really, loathe those people.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

I agree with what shael says. I put in about $3,000 of my own money in the cards. After awhile, though, the game did get repetitive and less strategy based, so I started Magic. The thing with Magic is, the metagame changes ALL THE TIME, so having a good deck would require buying a whole shitload of new boosters. I just don't have that kind of financing. So I stick to free online gaming that changes for free, but still gives me options.

I'd be a little more open about playing the game, not that me playing it is a big deal, but everyone else seems to think so. If Pokemon didn't get the big hype from the younger kids, it wouldn't be "loathed" by the "cool" people and liked by the "morons", "dorks", etc. While I am no longer part of that whole fad, the game has stuck on me, but its a great game, and a great concept. I'm not gonna stop playing it just because ******** can't keep their mouths shut.