Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
charmedward Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: [Fan fic of the year 2008 Runner up] The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Amazing! Just what I needed to feel better!

Did I mention I have a friend called Alex who behaves in exactlly the same way? He's not annoying for me though, just constantly hyper!

And I agree with Grassy_Aggron, there is going to be more to it then just finding Articuno. Like the Justin and Katey tracking Snowcrystal thing, and finding homes for each pokemon.

Poor Articuno, is it not simpley possible he found a pretty lady Articuno and is with her???....Lol that would be a twist!

Last thing, do you have set birthdays and ages in your head for each pokemon character?

Locke Flame
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Thanks! I'm glad I posted it then then! =D

Haha, that's a funny coincidence. xD

And well, you'll find out more about the Articuno thing soon. *says no more on the subject*

And no, I don't have set birthdays for them (wild pokemon have no way of keeping track) but they all have relative ages (adult, child, teenager, young adult, etc.)

Maybe the humans could give the pokemon birthdays. xD

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
charmedward Offline
Amateur Trainer

So I suppose most of the main characters are teenage/ boardering on young adult?

Nightshade seems to be older then the others from the way he is shown (knowing so much and being smart!!)

Locke Flame

Last edited by charmedward; 11-02-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: I wrote Nightclaw not Nightshade ^.^'
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yeah, characters like Snowcrystal and Rosie are teenagers (Rosie a bit younger), while Spark, Stormblade and Thunder are young adults.

And yep, Nightshade is older than the others. ^^

-My Links-
Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 PM
charmedward Offline
Amateur Trainer

So I said to Scytherwolf a few days ago, do you think you'd do a competition involving one-shots?

Heres the idea:
Everyone who enters writes a one-shot involving Scy's characters. Scyther could set a theme each time and would of course choose the winner.

Themes:
Holiday events? Christams for example, easter and hallowe'en.

Prize:
The winner would get their own (small) character added into the story whenever Scyther needs an outsider to help further the plot.

What do you all think?

Locke Flame
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

That does sound like fun! If Scy doesn't mind. =D I'd be a bit scared to use one of her main characters, but I might like to, if it's alright, write about one of the side characters. Maybe one of the themes could be something like expanding on a particular character's story. Like, what really happened to the Mightyena who helped Rosie escape? Did she really die? And what about the Houndoom who also helped rescue Pokemon? And what happens to Star the Sneasel? *wants to write about that*
Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yeah, I'm still thinking about this contest thing. I'd love to read the stories, but I need to think about it a bit more, and I'd like to see what everyone thinks first and how many people would be interested.

-My Links-
Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
Yeah, I'm still thinking about this contest thing. I'd love to read the stories, but I need to think about it a bit more, and I'd like to see what everyone thinks first and how many people would be interested.
I'm interested! O.O =D I would love to try that! ... But I'd fail miserably... I'm not worthy to write for your characters! *throws self off cliff*

Anywho, do it! Make a contest! But not Christmas stories... *pukes* /
Old 11-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard13007 View Post
I'm interested! O.O =D I would love to try that! ... But I'd fail miserably... I'm not worthy to write for your characters! *throws self off cliff*

Anywho, do it! Make a contest! But not Christmas stories... *pukes* /
Don't worry, the only TPoD characters who actually know what Christmas is are Katie and Justin, so that wouldn't work.

I'll wait to see what the other readers think...and I'm sure you wouldn't fail miserably. ^^

-My Links-
Old 11-07-2009, 06:53 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Yay! Read the new chapter! ^^
Boy, that was tense when Katie was trying to explain things to Justin.

*glares at Justin* He better stop yelling at her.

I was really half-expecting a fight to break out. oO I'm glad that it didn't, but I certainly don't blame Stormblade for glaring at Justin. *shakes head* Dumb kid.
And I'm also surprised that Blazefang would confide in Snow like that. He mostly has seemed rather reluctant to share anything with anyone, even Wildflame.
Keep it going, Scy. ^^
Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Golden_Ray Offline
Experienced Trainer

I hope Katie didn't make a huge mistake when she told Justin about Stormblade. He might see that Stormblade isn't a bad pokemon that way, though. Also, I liked how Snowcrystal was determined to keep on with her journey even though I hope the group will consider what Blazefang said. A crazy Articuno is really dangerous!

Can't wait for the next one!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

A contest, eh? That would be interesting. Lol.

Heh, crazy Articuno...That made me laugh. Huzzah XD Can't wait for the next chapter ;)

I can't say I approve of Stormblade glaring at Justin...It only proves Justin's theory right (in his mind).
Old 11-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Yay! Read the new chapter! ^^
Boy, that was tense when Katie was trying to explain things to Justin.

*glares at Justin* He better stop yelling at her.

I was really half-expecting a fight to break out. oO I'm glad that it didn't, but I certainly don't blame Stormblade for glaring at Justin. *shakes head* Dumb kid.
And I'm also surprised that Blazefang would confide in Snow like that. He mostly has seemed rather reluctant to share anything with anyone, even Wildflame.
Keep it going, Scy. ^^
Thanks! Yeah, Blazefang chose to talk to Snowcrystal because he saw her as the 'leader' due to being the reason they were looking for Articuno, and Wildflame was so hopeful at finding him that he didn't really want to talk to her first.

And things still won't be easy for Stormblade with Justin around...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Ray View Post
I hope Katie didn't make a huge mistake when she told Justin about Stormblade. He might see that Stormblade isn't a bad pokemon that way, though. Also, I liked how Snowcrystal was determined to keep on with her journey even though I hope the group will consider what Blazefang said. A crazy Articuno is really dangerous!

Can't wait for the next one!
Thanks! And at the moment, Katie's wondering whether or not she made a mistake... And of course, Snowcrystal at least has to find out for herself whether or not Articuno does have Deathfreeze before she's ready to fully believe Blazefang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
A contest, eh? That would be interesting. Lol.

Heh, crazy Articuno...That made me laugh. Huzzah XD Can't wait for the next chapter ;)

I can't say I approve of Stormblade glaring at Justin...It only proves Justin's theory right (in his mind).
Next chapter will hopefully be soon-ish...I'm working on it and it may be a bit long. xD

Yeah, it does reinforce the "evil scyther" idea, but at that point, Stormblade was pretty beyond caring...

-My Links-
Old 11-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Quote:
...and I'm sure you wouldn't fail miserably. ^^
Yes, I would. *cries in a corner*

Quote:
And things still won't be easy for Stormblade with Justin around...

Next chapter will hopefully be soon-ish...I'm working on it and it may be a bit long. xD

Yeah, it does reinforce the "evil scyther" idea, but at that point, Stormblade was pretty beyond caring...
Dang, yay! Things should be at least a little easier for the poor Scyther...

Yay! New chapter!

Maybe I should have Sasha "talk" to Justin in CC again. XD
Sasha: Not unless he does something...Worse...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard13007 View Post
Yes, I would. *cries in a corner*

Dang, yay! Things should be at least a little easier for the poor Scyther...

Yay! New chapter!

Maybe I should have Sasha "talk" to Justin in CC again. XD
Sasha: Not unless he does something...Worse...
Nah, you wouldn't. And hey, at least things are a bit better for him now-he doesn't have to walk anymore.

Okay, new chapter. This one took a long time to write, but for a chapter with little involvement from the scyther characters, I had a whole lot of inspiration for this!

The Path of Destiny

Chapter 45-Articuno

Darkfang watched from a clump of bushes as Justin stormed back into the human’s camp, looking furious. The scyther didn’t know or care what was making the human angry-he was too busy focusing on more important matters. The female (he guessed; he wasn’t quite sure how to tell) human had left a little while ago, but he had stayed put, watching the other one, not sure which of them had captured Stormblade but knowing that this was where they had made their temporary home. When the two humans had left together, he had waited for them to come back, not wanting to risk being seen. Only one had returned so far, but now that one was back, he waited to see if it would let Stormblade out of a pokéball.

The human in the camp seemed distressed-he was pacing back and forth, looking somewhat terrified as well as angry. Darkfang jumped a bit as the human suddenly kicked over a pile of trainer stuff at the edge of the clearing.

The human stood staring at the items in silence for a moment before he heard the sound of pawsteps and turned to see a persian running toward him. Darkfang held still in the shelter of the bushes as the cat pokémon walked up to the human…and then suddenly turned its head right toward him.

Darkfang locked eyes with the other pokémon for a split second before he swiftly backed away, careful not to rustle the leaves too much. The persian was still staring in his direction, its fur standing on end. Then without warning, it leapt forward with a yowl.

Darkfang barely heard the human gasp in surprise before the persian landed in the middle of the bushes-missing Darkfang only due to the scyther’s speed. She darted around frantically as the bug type quickly exited the bush, to be met by a terrified scream from the human.

“PERSIAN, THUNDER!”

The cat paused, as if taking a moment to realize that the human had given it an order, then fired a powerful blast of electricity at the retreating scyther. Darkfang cried out and stumbled to the ground, jerking and shaking as the electric attack surged through him and then slowly stopped. He tried getting to his feet, but his limbs did not want to move. They felt unnaturally stiff-in fact, his whole body did. He found it hard to get any of his muscles to work at all.

The human in the clearing was screaming, and the confused persian was following his orders as well as she could. Darkfang heard the pokémon running toward him, and realizing that he was paralyzed, could only mentally brace himself for the attack.

“Power gem!” the trainer shouted.

The persian paused, her eyes narrowed in concentration as the gem on her head started to glow with a bright light-it hurt Darkfang’s eyes to look at it, yet he couldn’t turn his head and look away.

A large, bright beam suddenly made its way toward him, and at such a close range Darkfang only glimpsed it for a split second before it slammed into his body, sending him flying backward until his momentum was stopped when he slammed into a tree. That jolted him out of the paralysis for a moment, however, and he quickly got up and limped off, but he could hear the trainer’s indistinct shouts and the sound of the persian running closer to him. He felt the cat pokémon deliver a night slash to his back and felt it tear one of his wings, but before the pokémon could do any more damage he sprinted ahead of it, not pausing to look back although he could soon tell that it was no longer following him.

Once in the shelter of the forest’s outskirts, he paused to catch his breath and rest. He now understood that not all humans were the nice, caring ones he had known back at Stonedust City. The wounds from the battle might take a while to heal if he wasn’t careful, and he knew that he wouldn’t be hunting for a while. As soon as he felt strong enough, he stood up and limped back to the swarm. He didn’t want to cross those humans again, but one thought stuck in his mind. If that’s how the human treated him, how would it treat Stormblade?

“Nothing…nothing at all…” the man muttered, kicking the dirt at his feet disdainfully. “I would have sworn there’d be something out here worth catching, or at least battling,” he added, sneering at his surroundings-a field of sparse grass with no trees or pokémon in sight. “Still, we’re not giving up on the chance that there’ll be strong or at least rare pokémon around here, seeing as not many venture this far, eh, Volco?” He cast a backward glance at his typhlosion, a powerful looking pokémon with a jagged scar across his face and a missing eye.

The pokémon said nothing but merely scraped his claws across the dry ground, seeming just as displeased with the area as his trainer. He knew as well as the human did that were it not for the police discovering the abandoned town and Master’s training facility, they wouldn’t be wandering about in the wilderness with half of Master’s pokémon left to be kept safe by another trainer in the first place. They had little food apart from what Volco could kill or Master could shoot, and pokémon weren’t easy to find out in this wilderness. Already they had had to resort to killing and eating some of the weaker pokémon Master had brought along.

Volco looked up as his master gave another angry cry and started walking forward. The typhlosion followed him obediently. As the two carried on, Volco’s thoughts drifted back to the last encounter with Thunder-for a while, Master had tried to search for and recapture her, as she was one of his strongest pokémon, though he had eventually given up. Volco had been, and still was, incredibly disappointed; he longed to get revenge on the scyther that had torn out his eye, though he knew by now that that was no longer a possibility. Thunder was far from where either of them would be able to find her, if she hadn’t starved to death already.

Volco paused as his master stopped, still looking angry and tired. “Go on ahead,” he told his pokémon, “see if you can find a spot to rest. Maybe some fresh water too.”

Volco nodded slowly, knowing that the human would understand the message, and turned and ran off. After a short while, he noticed that the ground didn’t seem as flat and dry as before. He stared ahead as he loped over a small hill, suddenly realizing that the horizon seemed…odd, somehow. He wasn’t able to see very far or very clearly, but it did look unusual to him. Curious, he ran faster, and as he got further, he realized what it was he had been looking at.

Ahead of him was a cliff. A cliff, he realized as he got closer to it, that dropped into a canyon and extended far in either direction. What was more important to him though, was the steady flow of water at the bottom of the canyon and the lush vegetation within it. The steep cliffs made Volco nervous, and he wasn’t about to go down there and check it out. Turning around, he headed back to his master. Steep cliffs or not, this was certainly better that what he’d been hoping to find.

Snowcrystal never thought she would miss the feeling of snow between her paws so much until she was standing in a small patch of it quite a ways, it seemed, from the base of the mountain. The feeling of the cold substance on her paws brought back memories of her old home far more vividly than they had been in a while.

“Hey, Snowcrystal, what’s the hold up?” Spark shouted from up ahead.

“Huh? Oh, uh, nothing!” she called back to the jolteon, flicking snow off her paws as she rejoined the group, most of which had passed her while she had been standing alone in the snow.

Nearby, Rosie craned her neck to look up toward the mountain’s peak, the wind tugging at her long fur. “Let’s hope the Articuno we meet isn’t some insane psycho,” she muttered, though Snowcrystal couldn’t tell if she really was worried or just being sarcastic.

“Look at it this way,” Alex told her. “If he is, at least it’ll be interesting to see!”

“This isn’t some sort of game!” Blazefang growled at her. “If you find the prospect of getting torn apart exciting, why don’t you go use aqua jet on Thunder?”

Snowcrystal didn’t hear Alex’s reply-she had turned around and glanced at Thunder. The scyther was still trailing at the back of the group, using her scythes to support her. Snowcrystal heard the sound of the blade tips scraping against rock as Thunder hauled herself over a steep slope…and then collapsed at the top of it.

“Oh dear…” Spark sighed, sounding more worried about anyone about to try to help the scyther than about Thunder herself.

“I knew that was going to happen!” Alex cried, a little too loudly.

“Think we should just leave her there?” Snowcrystal heard Blazefang ask.

Redclaw ignored him, walking carefully over the rocks toward Thunder. The arcanine leaned his head down, and Snowcrystal expected him to get his nose slashed, but Thunder didn’t move. Nightshade and Wildflame walked closer to the two, and after a moment of hesitating, Snowcrystal followed them.

“She passed out,” Redclaw sighed as they approached.

“Alex was right,” Wildflame muttered. “It was bound to happen. What are we supposed to do now? She’s not strong enough to make this journey!”

“Maybe she should stay here…” Nightshade began. “It’ll only get colder and harder to climb the further we go.”

Most of the other pokémon in the group were gathering around Thunder, looking nervous, as if worried they would be forced to slow down. “Maybe Redclaw can carry her!” Alex suggested, not seeming to notice that the looks the others gave her made it clear that that was a bad idea.

“Nightshade’s right,” Redclaw told the others. “She won’t get much farther.” He nudged Thunder gently away from the rocky slope, onto smoother ground. “Someone will need to stay behind and watch over her.”

“How about Nightshade?” Rosie suggested. “He’s practically the only one she doesn’t want to kill…”

“Or Redclaw,” Wildflame added. “He’s a fire type…he could keep her warm.”

Snowcrystal suddenly pictured Thunder lying against Redclaw with the arcanine’s tail wrapped around her, and had to resist the urge to laugh, despite the situation.

“I’ll stay,” Nightshade sighed. He took a glance up at the mountain’s peak, as if he was disappointed that he wouldn’t get to travel the whole way, but the look quickly vanished as he turned to the others again. “I’ll wait for you at this spot.”

“Rosie…” Wildflame began, pausing once the ninetales turned to look at her. “I think you ought to stay behind too. I mean, your leg’s not fully healed.”

“My leg’s fine,” Rosie replied with a scowl.

“You still limp whenever you walk, and if there’s any danger, you won’t be able to get away as fast.”

Rosie’s crimson eyes narrowed as she glared at the houndoom, but she didn’t say anything. Snowcrystal suspected that deep down, Rosie knew she was right-and climbing the mountain now would take a huge toll on her.

“Look, we’ll tell you all about what’s happened right when we get back,” Snowcrystal told her. “In the meantime, you can rest.”

Rosie looked upward at the distance they still had to climb, and sighed in defeat. “All right,” she muttered. “But you better be back quick.”

“Thanks, Rosie,” Snowcrystal told her, relieved that the ninetales hadn’t tried to argue much. Snowcrystal didn’t blame her-she looked exhausted, and her stubbornness had probably only come from not wanting to seem weak. “We’ll be back soon,” she told her and Nightshade.

“Well, hurry up,” Rosie replied, still not sounding happy. “You’re wasting daylight.”

Snowcrystal gave her friend one last smile and turned around with the others, heading up a rocky slope.

“We’ll bring you back an articuno feather!” Alex shouted over her shoulder as she bounded after Snowcrystal on all fours.

As Snowcrystal climbed up the slope, she glanced back to see Nightshade watching them from down below. She paused for a moment before turning and climbing up onto another wide ledge, hoping that the three pokémon left behind would be all right.

As the group traveled further up the mountain, small flakes of snow drifted down on them. There were patches of snow all around them now, and every so often Redclaw or Wildflame would have to reprimand Alex or Spark for leaping in the piles and scattering snow over everyone else. Snowcrystal also noticed that the sky seemed unusually darker the further they went, and she figured it must be the thick clouds that had begun to gather over the mountain’s peak.

“So this is it,” she heard Wildflame whisper from beside her. The houndoom was shivering, but it seemed to be more a result of anticipation than of cold. Why was Wildflame so excited? Did she still want Articuno to help her clan, even if they were against houndoom?

Blazefang seemed just the opposite of excited. It seemed as if every step they took closer to the mountain’s peak, Blazefang became more and more nervous. Spark and Redclaw, however, seemed uncertain and curious, yet calm, as they followed Snowcrystal up the mountain slopes.

In one place quite a ways ahead, the going became much rockier. Snowcrystal found it easy to leap from boulder to boulder up a steep slope, but the others were finding it much more difficult. Blazefang whimpered slightly as he tried to haul himself up using his front legs. Redclaw had to carefully decide where to place his paws in case he slipped off. Alex, on the other hand, did fall off-she had attempted to copy Snowcrystal’s jumps and slipped on an icy rock, tumbling into a snowdrift below. Spark had burst out laughing, so much that he nearly fell off himself. It took a while for everyone to reach the top, but Snowcrystal was relieved that when they did, the going looked like it would be much easier. There was a lot more snow up in this place, but the ground sloped gently, and there were no sharp rocky paths or slick ice.

“Look at all the snow!” Spark shouted, running through it and leaving deep pawprints. “Reminds me of being back in Justin’s town during the winter!”

Snowcrystal was relieved to hear that he didn’t sound sad about the memory, and it was nice to see someone having fun now that she thought about it, especially when her mind was filled with conflicting emotions about how near to them Articuno was. She could see larger snowflakes falling more frequently around her now, and paused to look up once again at the dark gray sky before turning back toward Spark.

All of a sudden her fur began to bristle as she was struck with some strange, yet strong impression that there was something bad nearby. The snow made it difficult to pinpoint any exact scents, and she couldn’t see anything…

“Spark, look out!” Redclaw cried as the jolteon wandered toward a clump of pine trees that stood near an almost vertical slope of gray rock.

Just as Snowcrystal was about to ask the arcanine what had made him shout, a massive pokémon stepped out from behind the tall trees. Even from a distance, it looked taller than even Redclaw. The beast was covered in long, white hair, with green coloring on its massive arms and stubby-looking legs. Its small eyes glared menacingly at first the jolteon, then the rest of the group-the eyes were the only feature visible on its otherwise expressionless face.

For a moment, no one moved. Even Spark and the strange pokémon had frozen in surprise. It was in this moment that Snowcrystal recognized what it was. She hadn’t at first because this was the first time she had ever set eyes on one, but although it didn’t live on her mountain, she had heard about it. It was an abomasnow.

As Snowcrystal stared on in surprise, the tall pokémon lifted one of its massive arms, getting ready to swipe at the much smaller jolteon. “Spark!” she cried, but the electric type had already jumped out of the way as the ice pokemon’s arm swung toward him. Knowing that he was no match for a much stronger creature in its own habitat, Spark turned and ran.

Yet the deep snow was slowing him down. After a few leaps, he tumbled, rolling over in the powdery snow before struggling to his feet again. The abomasnow, although much slower than Spark, moved with ease through the snow, catching up quickly as Spark struggled to move faster.

Without thinking, Snowcrystal bolted forward, going over the flame wheel tactic she had practiced again and again in her mind. Redclaw and Wildflame had rushed to the rescue as well, but it was Alex who moved quicker than all the others. Racing ahead of the three canines, her paws seeming to glide over the snow, she bared her fangs and headed straight for the ice type who was gaining on Spark.

“Wait!” Snowcrystal tried to yell, but either the wind had gotten stronger and drowned out her voice, or Alex wasn’t listening. “You have a type disadvantage!” the growlithe screamed. “Wait!”

Ignoring the growlithe’s shouts, Alex ran on, bounding through the snow at a speed the others had not thought possible. White powder flew from her paws as the distance between her and her quarry shortened with every bound. She reached Spark just as the enemy pokémon was almost upon him, and flung herself at it with all her might.

Disregarding all normal attacks, the floatzel clawed and bit frantically at the creature as she latched her forepaws onto its shoulder; the abomasnow stumbled backward, swiping at her frantically.

Spark, who had fallen again, struggled to pull himself out of a deep snow pit, sliding along the ice on his belly until he managed to scramble out onto more solid ground.

Snowcrystal arrived on the scene quicker than Redclaw and Wildflame, who were not used to running through snow, to see Alex still clinging onto the abomasnow’s side, her teeth digging firmly into its arm. Snowcrystal wanted to fire an attack, but the two were moving so quickly that she was afraid of hitting Alex; water type or not, she did not need any distraction from an injury right now.

The abomasnow roared in frustration as it stumbled backward into another pit of deep snow, then with another roar-a cry of anger this time, he grabbed one of Alex’s tails in his free arm and wrenched her away. Alex’s eyes widened in pain a moment before she was forced to release her hold. She then found herself hanging upside down, the abomasnow glaring at her as he held her by the tail.

(Continued in next post...)

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 11-19-2009 at 10:48 AM.