Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 AM
scalec Offline

Default Re: Jack's Quest

Good one! But I did notice a few typos.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to miler567
Post Re: Jack's Quest

Ch. 5) The Return

Jack entered the lab with Chikorita by his side. “Professor are the healing machines up and running? Houndour is a little banged up.”

“Yes the two next to the wall are on,” The professor beckoned to two rather large machines against his lab wall “I see you have a Chikorita with you. Did you figure out what was happening?”

“Yes some group called Team Alpha had kidnapped them and was using them for scientific experiments. I guess the Chikorita are caged up outside of Viridian City. You may want to send your aide to retrieve them.”

Professor Oak looked up with concern in his eyes. “That sounds suspiciously like something Team Rocket would have attempted, but they haven’t been in operation in 15 years…” Professor Oak looked out a nearby window “I wonder if the two groups are somehow related…”

Jack walked over to the machines and placed Houndour’s pokeball on it. The machine began to whir and Jack walked with Chikorita over to Professor Oak. “Team Rocket? Didn’t Ash Ketchum help bring them down?”

“Yes that was years ago. Twenty years actually. Your father played a vital role in helping finish what Ketchum started.”

“Yea…” Jack looked up with a grin “I bet they weren’t expecting that an Indigo League semi-finalist was also a police officer. I guess he pretty much tore them up.” Jack picked up the newly healed Houndour’s pokeball and then clipped the ball to his belt.

“I wouldn’t doubt it. He was quite the formidable trainer in his heyday. I’m sure all of his battling skills were passed down to you. It’s a shame you gave up being a trainer so soon.”

“Erm…that’s kinda what I wanted to talk with you about…” Jack looked down at Chikorita and stroked its leaf “This morning when I was battling the Alpha Elite I realized that even though my journey didn’t start off so well, I am destined to be a pokemon trainer. If you don’t mind Professor I would like to leave my work as an aide and become a trainer once again.”

Professor Oak beamed “I knew eventually you would realize your true calling.” Professor Oak pulled out some papers “Of course I will need you to re-register as a Pokemon trainer. It won’t take much time but I do need you to be authorized.”

Jack took the stack of papers over to a desk in the corner and began filling them out. As he was just finishing up his signature at the bottom of the last page the lab doors opened up.
A young boy walked in. He had on a beanie over his long, curly brown hair. He was average height and very skinny. He was wearing a t-shirt and khaki shorts.

“Ahhh Brandon! I’ve been expecting you!” Professor Oak walked over and guided the boy into the room where Jack had first received his Charmander.

“Must be starting his journey today…” Thought Jack “I guess technically I am too…” Jack looked down and saw Chikorita sleeping next to the Professor’s Lab equipment. It felt odd to Jack not to have Houndour by his side so he decided to switch the Pokemon out. “Return Chikorita. You can sleep in your pokeball.” Jack shot a beam of red light out from his pokeball which enveloped Chikorita and then sucked it back into Jack’s hand. “Go Houndour!” The white light exploded in the lab and then dissipated. In its place stood the little black pokemon.

“Hey buddy…” Jack leaned down and rubbed Houndour’s ears “You feeling okay?” Houndour gave Jack a small lick on his cheek and then went off to smell around the lab.

“Thanks so much Professor Oak!” Brandon and the Professor were walking out of the room. Brandon had a sparkling red and white pokeball in his hand. Jack caught the boy’s eye and nodded. The boy looked at him curiously. “Are you a pokemon trainer?” Brandon seemed eager to know.

“Well yea actually I am. I’m assuming your wanting to battle?” Brandon nodded furiously. “Alright. The lab probably wouldn’t be the best place to battle so perhaps we should go outside to do this.”

“Sounds good. See you there in a few minutes. I have to finish some paperwork for Professor Oak before I’m official.”

Jack nodded. “Come on Houndour.” The little black dog sprinted over to Jack’s side and followed him out of the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack stood across the field from Brandon. “This will be a one-on-one battle with no boundaries. Is that okay?”

Brandon nodded and threw his pokeball out onto the field. The red and white ball flew open and out came Brandon’s new pokemon. It was a small blue dinosaur with a plant on its back. A Bulbasaur. Jack pulled out his pokedex to scan the pokemon:

Bulbasaur, the seed pokemon. For some time after its birth, it grows by gaining nourishment from the seed on its back. It is a good choice for beginner trainers.

“Seems like I’m going to a need a tough pokemon for this battle…” Jack didn't think using Houndour would be fair since he had the type advantage and Brandon only had one pokemon. There was only one logical choice. “Go Chikorita!”

The leaf pokemon exploded out of its pokeball. It swung the leaf on its head around twice and then got ready to battle.

“Bulbasaur start this off with a tackle!” Bulbasaur took off full speed at Chikorita.

“Chikorita dodge it and then pepper it with razor leaf!” Chikorita waited until the last moment and then deftly jumped out of the way. Bulbasaur skidded to a stop and then turned around in time to see multiple razor sharp leaves flying at it.

“Bulbasaur knock them away with your vine whip!” Two vines shot out of the bulb on Bulbasaur’s back. They were able to wipe away the first wave of leaves that Chikorita sent but the leaves were coming in much too fast. The leaves tore across Bulbasaur causing damage to Brandon’s only pokemon.

“Great Job Chikorita! Now finish this with a body slam!” Chikorita took off at a run towards Bulbasaur then jumped in the air to body slam it.

“Bulbasaur use sleep powder!” A light blue mist wafted out of Bulbasaur’s bulb and covered Chikorita. Chikorita feel asleep but still slammed into Bulbasaur with full momentum. Both were out cold.

“Wow…” Jack shook his head in disbelief “Can’t say I saw that coming.”

“Yea. Great battle though.” Brandon returned Bulbasaur to his pokeball. “Well I’m going to head towards Viridian City. Hopefully we’ll see each other again.” With that Brandon took off on a brisk walk north to route 1.

Jack returned Chikorita to its pokeball and then looked down at Houndour. “Looks like we’ve got ourselves a little bit of competition don’t we Houndour?” Houndour barked happily and then jumped on Jack. “Well I see you’re ready to get going.” Jack peered out over the horizon. “Tomorrow,” he thought “Tomorrow I’ll officially start my journey as a pokemon trainer.”
Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 PM
AipomnFriends Offline

This has to be one of my fav stories out right now

Sometimes the best looking people are the meanest.....

Don't judge a book by its cover
Old 04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
scalec Offline

This has a certain flair for being so captivating!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. New chapters should be up sometime by Friday. Thanks for the support
Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch. 6

Jack and Houndour were just entering Viridian City. The bright sunlight glinted off the dark pokemon’s glossy black fur. “We should probably stop and get some supplies before we head into the Viridian Forest. It could be a pretty rough journey.”

Jack entered the city and was shocked by the sheer size of it. He had lived in Pallet for the last six months of his life and grown accustomed to the flat plains and small, plain townhouses. Viridian City was a massive cityscape with large buildings everywhere. Jack was a little overwhelmed by it all.

“How are we ever going to find the pokemart in this?” Jack rubbed the back of his neck. “Suppose we should’ve brought a map…”

Jack looked all around looking for anything that might tip him off. It was nothing but a concrete jungle. Rows and rows of buildings and roads as far as the eye could see and no notable landmarks to speak of. Jack decided he would simply continue north through the city and see if he passed anything.

Jack and Houndour trucked up the road for a few minutes until they came upon a large round building. It was made of brown stone and had a black shingled roof. A sign hung above the lone entrance:

Trainer’s Hall

“I figure it can’t hurt for us to get a bit more training, could it Houndour?” Jack was itching to get some more battles under his belt.

Jack entered a lobby with several comfortable looking chairs scattered along the walls. In the middle sat a young looking woman with light brown hair and green eyes.

“Excuse me but is this where I can battle?” Jack gestured toward Houndour to emphasize the fact that he was a trainer.

“Regrettably today is a league qualifying day. Unless you signed up last week you won’t be able to battle. You can watch if you please. Unfortunately your Houndour can’t be outside of his pokeball in the arena. You will have to return him.” The lady gestured toward a heavy steel door to her left. “I believe it is the final battle.”

Jack wasn’t wanting miss the championship bout so he quickly returned his Houndour and scurried through the door. Once he found his seat he was finally able to scan the arena. From what he could tell the two challengers only had one pokemon left apiece.

On one side stood a fat blue and white bear and on the other stood a shiny red bug like pokemon. Jack took out his pokedex and scanned the two:

Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokemon. It will eat nearly anything and even things considered inedible by humans. It is extraordinarily lazy, and is usually only eating or sleeping. Although docile in the wild, Snorlax proves to be a formidable opponent.

Scizor, the Pincer Pokemon. Its wings are not used for flying and instead flapped at high speeds to maintain body temperature. Its pincers, which are concentrated steel, can crush any object to bits.

“Well this should be interesting…” Jack thought to himself “If only I hadn’t come in late…my seat is so bad that I can’t even hear the trainer’s commands…”

Snorlax’s trainer had short blonde hair and was wearing what appeared to be a brown dress suit. The trainer of Scizor was wearing a safari outfit.

The safari kid yelled an inaudible command and suddenly the Scizor’s claws grew bright white. The Scizor flew at Snorlax with astounding speed and cleanly uppercut the sleeping pokemon. Snorlax seemed to brush the attack off and countered with a punch.

Scizor skidded to a stop feet away from Snorlax. The steel pokemon sat down and crossed its legs. “Scizor’s meditating to boost its attack power.” Jack thought to himself. Snorlax appeared to be sleeping again.

Suddenly Snorlax seemed to have snapped out of his reverie. The gigantic pokemon vaulted itself into the air and attempted to slam his body onto the Scizor. The Scizor countered with agility and zoomed to the opposing side of the arena.

Safari Boy appeared to have an ace up his sleeve. He was grinning ear to ear and gave a triumphant yell. Suddenly Scizor pointed both claws at the Snorlax. A glaring, golden light began to form between the two pincers. After letting it charge for a few seconds Scizor cut loose with a huge golden beam of light.

“A hyper beam…” Jack whispered in awe.

The poor Snorlax made a valiant effort to evade the massive attack but wasn’t quite up to the task. The golden wave slammed into the beast’s back and knocked it cleanly to the ground.

Jack looked down at Snorlax’s trainer expecting to see a look of horror or at the least defeat but instead saw something entirely different. The suited trainer was still giving Snorlax commands.

Jack quickly looked over at the Snorlax he thought had fainted. He quickly realized it was actually sleeping. Snorlax was using rest to replenish some health lost from the hyper beam assault.

A man sitting next to Jack leaned over “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to disturb you but why is the Scizor not taking advantage and attacking?”

“From what I know of hyper beam it takes almost all the offensive firepower a pokemon has to unleash it. I assume Scizor is simply too drained to do much more.”

Not to long after Jack had said this Snorlax awoke. The pokemon stretched and then stood up and waddled over to Scizor. He grabbed the pincer pokemon by the shoulders and lifted it into the air. Scizor had a look of grim determination on his face as he was ready to succumb to the Snorlax’s power. The Snorlax reared its head back and then brought it forward with great force and head butted Scizor.

“It’s over…” Jack watched as the Scizor slumped in the Snorlax's hands. It was unconscious and the battle ended.

“Wow…I have a lot of work to do if I want to catch up to either one of those two trainers…” and with that thought Jack grabbed his things and walked out of the door to continue his journey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack had finally found the pokemart and was browsing for items he would need while traveling Kanto.

“Hmmmm…I’ll definitely need a tent, several potions, pokeballs, and some antidotes…” Jack swept the items off the shelves and into his shopping basket and then walked to the counter to pay for his items.

“Ah a young trainer I see?” A kind looking old man beamed at Jack from behind the counter “Did you happen to see the final of the trainer hall championship today? I hear a young man by the name of Randy Quick won. Ever heard of him?”

Jack thought the name sounded familiar but couldn’t put his finger on it. “Can’t say I have sir.”

“Oh well I didn’t know if you had. He’s special though. He was Stan Tripper’s ward and prodigy.”

Jack suddenly got a funny look on his face. He quickly paid for his things and then hurried out of the store.

“That was my father’s apprentice?”

Last edited by miler567; 05-27-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch.7)

Jack was sprinting as fast as possible to finally catch someone who knew his father’s whereabouts. He made a quick right and saw the Trainer’s Hall come into view. Jack burst through the door and said a little excessively loud to the woman at the front desk “Has a trainer named Randy Quick left yet?”

The brown haired woman looked up “The champion? I believe he went back to Saffron City an hour ago. I’m sorry.”

“No its fine…” Jack trudged out of the trainer hall. “At least I know where he’s at I guess.” Jack decided to let Houndour out of his pokeball. The little black dog happily shook its hair out and yipped at Jack. "I guess we'll meet him in Saffron buddy."

Jack went over to a bench and sat down. He needed some time to think. Ever since his dad had finished off Team Rocket and double crossed Giovanni things had been rough. Jack and his mother had been forced to move from Vermilion City and enter the witness protection program and Jack’s father was forbidden from seeing his family until there was no longer a threat from Team Rocket. It was all very complicated.

Jack stood up “Well Houndour I assume we might as well head towards Pewter City. We’ll be able to get our first badge there.” Jack pulled his bag over his shoulder and headed north toward the Viridian Forest.

Just as Jack had exited the city he saw a trainer heading his way. “This is a good chance to get some training in, Houndour.” Jack hurried over the young trainer and got a look at him. He was short and skinny and wearing a baseball cap. He had light brown hair and funnily enough was covered in dust. “Hey there! Would you like to battle?”

The boy looked up and smiled meekly. “No thanks. My team and I were wiped out by the Rogue and now I need to heal. Thanks anyway.”

“The Rogue? Is that some sort of super powerful trainer?” Jack would love to get to battle against someone of that caliber.

“No it’s actually a super powerful pokemon. Rumor has it that its original trainer couldn’t quite handle it and released it. Any trainer that’s able to catch it will reap some major rewards.” The boy then shook some dust off and began his trek back to Viridian City.

“Nice talking to you!” Jack yelled at the boy’s back. The boy turned and waved to him as he walked off into the golden sunset. “Houndour sounds like me and you have a powerful pokemon to go catch!” Jack and Houndour tore off up the road toward the forest.

Jack was crouched down behind the gigantic sap trees waiting for movement in the forest. He and Houndour had been laying low for about 2 hours anticipating the “Rogue”.

Jack scanned along the dark ground for any tell-tale signs about where a pokemon might be. He saw some bright yellow flowers and a discarded Ekans skin but couldn’t see anything to tip him off.

“There has to be some way to lure a wild pokemon into view…” Jack thought to himself. Jack ran his thumb along the two pokeballs on his belt and finally had an idea. Jack plucked one of the pokeballs off his belt and released his Chikorita onto the shadowy forest floor.

“Chikorita I need you to use Sweet Scent. There’s a pokemon we’ve got to capture.” Chikorita gave a nod and then lifted its head to the air. A misty pink powder flowed out of Chikorita’s leaf and drifted along the forest floor. Now it was only up to Jack to sit and wait for the Rogue to come.

After a few minutes a couple pokemon wandered onto the scene. A small orange worm pokemon and a large blue butterfly came across Jack’s clearing. Neither were the Rogue and so Jack decided to give up on catching the infamous pokemon and just continue on his journey.

As Jack, Chikorita, and Houndour got out from behind the tree Jack noticed a barely audible whistling sound. Jack turned to see what it was and saw a stark white object flying through the air on a collision course with his face.

THWAP! Chikorita had shot a vine whip into the air and caught the object just before it decimated Jack’s face. “Nice work Chikorita. Now we have to find what threw that.” Jack looked over at the object Chikorita had caught. It was a large bone. “We better be fast guys. We don’t wanna lose whatever this is.”

Jack and his pokemon sprinted into the weeds and bushes too catch the Rogue. Jack temporarily lost it but then saw a brown blur scurry up a large oak tree. “Well I guess our only hope is for me to follow it. You guys stay down here and attack the pokemon if you see it.”

Jack scurried up the broad tree and then settled onto a thick branch. The trees in this forest were so dense they had grown together to essentially form a natural bridge though the canopy of the forest. Jack could see a small brown pokemon with a skull on its head hopping from branch to branch.

“Oh no…you’re not going to get away that easy…” Jack tore off through the branches in hot pursuit of the pokemon. Houndour and Chikorita were peppering the bone pokemon with attacks in an effort to knock it out of the tree.

Jack was gaining ground on the pokemon and tried to throw a pokeball at it. The pokemon tore a branch from the tree and knocked the ball away baseball like. “Well this could be a problem…” Jack continued his mad sprint after the Rogue and came within inches when suddenly a huge spurt of fire shot up and almost hit Jack.

“Good Lord! Houndour is gonna kill me if I’m not careful!” Jack thought to himself. Jack pulled Houndour’s ball off his belt and quickly returned the fire pokemon to avoid any further possible bodily harm.

“I’m going to have to end this quickly…I’m not in shape to run this much…” Jack’s lungs were burning and his legs were going numb. “Chikorita see if you can tangle it with your vines!” Two green cords shot up between tree branches and attempted to entangle themselves around the little pokemon’s legs.

The pokemon jumped and grabbed onto a branch just above it. It vaulted itself higher into the tangled tree branches to avoid the vines and then continued its mad dash.

“I’ve come too far and ran waaaaaayyyy too much to quit now…” Jack sprinted right under where the Rogue had vaulted and then flipped himself up to the same level. The sprint ensued.

Jack began to notice something very troubling. His chase had brought him all the way to the edge off the forest and the branches were beginning to thin out. Footing was hard to find and the branches were mossy anyway. It was only a matter of time until Jack was sent crashing to the forest floor below. He had to end this now.

The pokemon was hopping form branch and Jack was struggling to find an opening where he could finally catch the thing. The Rogue suddenly hit a knot hole and stumbled. To regain its balance it jumped up and grabbed a higher branch. This was the opening Jack was looking for.

Jack leapt and got to a slightly higher branch and began sprinting across it until he was just above the pokemon. Jack dropped and put all his weight into a drop kick. His tennis shoes collided with the top of the Rogue's head and knocked it out of the canopy and onto the ground. It was out cold.

“Easy catch I guess…” Jack dropped down to the forest floor to join Chikorita and the unconscious pokemon. He threw out a pokeball and it collided with the pokemon. The ball rocked once…twice…PING! The Rogue was finally captured.

Jack was going to get out pokedex to scan it when he felt for his pocket. His stomach dropped. Where his pokedex should have been was pocket full of broken glass. He had destroyed it during the chase.

“I guess I’ll have to consult professor Oak on this one…Oh well.” Jack set out to set up camp. He was too tired to walk any farther. As he began to set up the tent he thought to himself slightly bemused. “For once I’d like to catch a pokemon the easy way…”

Last edited by miler567; 05-27-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:18 PM
scalec Offline

That was a good chapter. It explained things, gave more mystery, and had good action.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch.8)

Jack’s eyes fluttered open and he was staring at the green roof of his canvas tent. He had slept surprisingly well and it appeared Houndour had also. The dark pokemon was snoozing peacefully at Jack’s feet. Jack was trying to figure out what had finally stirred him when he realized it was a faint buzzing.

Jack walked out of the tent and a freshly roused Houndour was not far behind. Jack was shocked at what he saw. All around the tent in every direction were gigantic bee pokemon. Jack had seen these before from his mom’s garden. They were Beedril and could be highly dangerous.

Before Jack could even give a command to Houndour a Beedril swooped in and hit the dog-like pokemon with its stinger. “Return Houndour.” Jack couldn’t risk losing his pokemon before he even got to Pewter City. He needed some pure fire power. “Go Rogue!”

The pokeball exploded open in a flash of white light and there stood the small brown pokemon with the skull on its head. “Throw your bone at the Beedril!” The Rogue looked over at Jack and then snorted. The pokemon laid down and took a nap. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” Jack was literally jumping up and down in anger.

The group of Beedril became bored with the situation and flew off. They could tell that there was no battle to be fought here.

“I can’t believe this! Had those Beedril attacked us we would’ve been screwed!” Jack was fuming. He looked over at the Rogue hoping it looked slightly embarrassed but instead it was snoring. “Return…”

He would have to figure out what to do with the Rogue later but for now he needed to get to Pewter City.

“Well Jack, that appears to be a Cubone.” Professor Oak said matter-of-factly. Jack had called the professor via video phone at the Pewter City Pokecenter.

“Oh okay…so what are we going to do about my pokedex?”

“Well it could be a while before we are able to get you a new Pokedex.” Professor Oak smiled sheepishly from the other side of the videocam. “It seems I’ve been neglecting my work Jack.”

“That’s fine…but how do you propose I go about filling up my entries?” Jack wasn’t truly concerned about missing the entries but more about the effect it would have on his battling. He had come to rely on the information it could give him.

“Well I’m going to send you what is called the Pokecamera. All you have to do is get a snapshot of the pokemon. Once you receive your new ‘dex you can upload the pictures and your information will be stored. Simple enough?”

Jack nodded. “Where am I going to get the camera?” Suddenly a slot opened up at the base of the Pokecenter’s PC. A bright yellow light glowed and then in its place stood a small red box. The Pokecamera. “Thanks Professor!”

“Not a problem. Well I guess I’d better get to work on your new Pokedex. Take care Jack.” Professor Oak smiled warmly and then the screen went blank.

Jack picked up his new gadget and dropped it in his knapsack. “Come on Houndour. Let’s go explore the town.” Jack and Houndour strolled through the squeaky clean waiting room and out of the automatic doors.

“We hope to see you again!” Nurse Joy called after the duo.

Pewter City lived up to its name. It was stony, gray, and quiet. “Boy, for such a large city there’s not much going on around here.” There was a row of buildings to the north of town including one that looked like a museum. As he looked around there wasn’t much else. An old man was yelling at some Pidgey in his garden and that was about it.

Jack figured he should seek out the gym so he pulled his bag over his shoulder and whistled for Houndour to follow him. The dark pokemon playfully tromped after his trainer.

Finally after several minutes of searching, Jack found what could only be the gym. A large rock dome with two heavy stone doors sat at the back of the rows of buildings. Jack approached the building and saw a sign next to it:

Pewter City Gym: Leader Lawrence. The Rock Pokemon Prodigy.

“Excellent! We’re definitely in the right place buddy!” Houndour wagged his stubby little tail. He was ready to battle.

As Jack started to push the door open a hefty man with little hair bustled out. He started to hurry by but then noticed Jack. He was gasping for breath.

Jack looked the man up and down and couldn’t help but chuckle at his appearance. He was a large man, balding, with thin brown hair. He was beet red, had watery eyes, and glasses that appeared much too small for his corpulent face. It was all topped of by his lime green pinstripe suit that was busting at the seams.

“Are you going to battle the gym leader?” the man wheezed.

“Yes. I was planning on it anyway.”

“Well I’m afraid that’s not possible.” The man wiped his brow. “Lawrence has left the gym. I believe he may be at The Breeder’s home however.”

“Oh okay. Well thanks…I guess. By the way, are you like the gym leader’s father or something?”

“Heaven’s no. I am the gym assistant. My 7 brother’s and I offer trainer’s advice and help whenever needed. You should stop by and see us sometime.” And with that the assistant bustled off and out of sight.

“Well I guess we need to go find this “Breeder’s” home, don’t we Houndour?” Houndour cocked his head.

Jack figured a breeder would need plenty of land so he walked away from the buildings and began to search for what could possibly the Breeder’s home.

After searching for several minutes Jack noticed Houndour began to act funny. The dog pokemon got a dazed look in his eyes and began to stumble towards a farm house.

“Hey what are you doing?” Houndour was picking up his pace and began to run towards the barn. “Come back here!” Jack pursued Houndour and finally caught him just as he reached the barn.

Houndour struggled to get out of Jack’s arms so Jack let him out and decided to follow him. The dog sniffed at the air and then walked around to the back of the barn. He finally came upon a dark man with spiky black hair and slits for eyes.

“Sorry I don’t mean to disturb you but I can’t keep my Houndour away from here.”

The man looked up and smiled. “Oh it’s no problem. I’m simply preparing some soup for my pokemon. I’m sure Houndour just caught the scent.” The man reached down and stroked Houndour’s soft black ears. “I’m Brock by the way.”

Jack looked behind the man and saw some extremely rare pokemon. Inside the barn was a gigantic Steelix coiled up and sleeping, a Crobat was flying around the roof of the barn, and a Ninetales was cleaning itself.

Suddenly Houndour started growling at something behind Jack. Before he could turn around, Jack heard the unmistakable cock of a gun and felt something cold and metallic against the back of his head. “You will all hand over your pokemon or else I splatter this guy’s brains.”
Old 05-24-2008, 11:49 PM
scalec Offline

I'm scared...
That was a nice chapter. I just have to ask one thing. Who's Lawrence?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
I'm scared...
That was a nice chapter. I just have to ask one thing. Who's Lawrence?
All in good time Scalec
Old 05-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Nice story! Can't wait to find out what Lawrence is like!

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch. 9)

I’m not kidding!” The gunman forced Jack’s head down with the gun. “Hand ‘em over!”

Suddenly a voice rang out from behind Jack “Calm down! No one needs to get hurt over this!”

The gunman had obviously been caught off guard by the unexpected visitor because Jack felt the gun leave the back of his head. This was the opportunity Jack needed. He brought his elbow back full force and it slammed into the gunman’s chest.

POW! The man’s gun went off and the noise rang through the valley. Jack’s ears exploded in pain from the explosion but he had to get out of the way. He nimbly rolled over to where Brock was sitting and finally turned to see the thug. It was not a man as Jack had expected but instead a boy of Jack’s age.

He was a Team Alpha member but instead of the standard trench coat, he was wearing a silver jacket with a stark white A across the chest. He had a black belt on, lined with the trademark jet black pokeballs. White hair with a crimson streak fell over the boy’s eyes. Jack couldn’t see the boy’s eyes but he didn’t need to. He already knew that they were a piercing ice blue. The boy’s name was Damien and he had once been Jack’s best friend.

As Jack was soaking in the shock of seeing a former friend allied with Team Alpha, the man that had seemingly saved his life dropped from the roof of the barn down to the ground near Brock and Jack.

“Nice to see you Lawrence…” Brock clasped the man on the shoulder. “Obviously you got here just in time.”

The man looked identical to Brock except he was bald and slightly younger. “You know how I enjoy being fashionably late, bro.” He flashed Brock a toothy smile and then gestured toward the Alpha member. “Now who do we have here?”

Jack spoke up. “His name is Damien and he was formerly a friend of mine.”

Damien looked at Jack with malice. “Like I would ever cohort with a weakling such as you!” he spat. He held the gun back up at Jack. “Now that there’s no one left to save you I highly recommend you turn over your pokemon!” Damien turned his gun down at Houndour and cocked it. “Actually you don’t have an option here Jacky-boy. If I don’t get your pokemon no one will.”

Jack had a flashback to Charmander’s death. “Damien isn’t kidding,” he thought to himself, sadly “If I don’t comply I’ll lose Houndour just the same.”

“Ha! You’re delusional if you think we’ll hand them over that easy!” Lawrence pulled a pokeball out from underneath a brown suede jacket he was wearing.

“No Lawrence … Damien isn’t kidding here. I understand your doing what you see is most valiant but it’s not worth it. I’d rather lose them then be responsible for their death so I’m going to turn mine over…”

Jack returned a confused and sad Houndour to its pokeball and then handed all three of his pokeballs over to the Alpha member. Brock and a scowling Lawrence in turn copied Jack’s actions until Damien had a bag full of Pokeballs.

“Thanks. I’m sure Giovanni will be highly pleased.” Damien flipped the bag over his shoulder and then walked over to Jack. In a whisper that was inaudible to everyone but Jack, Damien hissed “Your father only thought he put him away for good. Guess daddy wasn’t as good as everyone says.”

Jack had reached his boiling point. He swung at Damien with intent to kill. “TAKE IT BACK!” Damien ducked and then crushed Jack’s diaphragm. The young trainer fell to the ground gasping for breath.

“Now I hope the rest of you will let me leave undeterred.” Damien looked down at Jack with disdain. “Including you. What you did there was not bravery but extreme stupidity.”

As Damien strutted off, Jack rose to his feet beside Lawrence and Brock. “I’m sorry guys but Team Alpha already killed one of my pokemon for not complying…”

Brock clasped Jack’s shoulder. "I understand. I'm sure the police will get our pokemon back for us..."

Lawrence meanwhile was silent. The loss of his pokemon had hit him hard and he wasn’t easily going to come to grips with it.

Jack looked down the road at Damien but something else caught his eye. What looked like transparent fire was flying up the road and on a collision course with the Team Alpha member. Damien was oblivious up until the energy smashed into his chest. Damien was sent flying 10 feet backwards and his gun soared into the air.

As Damien hit the ground the pokeballs scattered and Jack picked up the nearest one. He threw it at the ground and a white light exploded and there stood Chikorita. “Alright perfect! Tie that kid up with vinewhip!”

Two snake like green vines erupted form the bead-like projections on the leaf pokemon’s neck. They arched over to Damien but he was slightly to fast. He pulled a pokeball from his belt and released a Scizor much like the one Jack had seen in Viridian City.

The mysterious energy had knocked Dmaien out of breath so was forced to wheeze out the command "Snap the vines." Scizor reached up and closed his steel claws around Chikorita’s vines. He closed down and they snapped in his hands. Chikorita cried out in pain.

Scizor flew over to the hurt Chikorita and easily batted her away and then closed in on Jack. Suddenly the transparent flames appeared again and slammed into Scizor’s back knocking him into the ground. The mysterious energy had knocked him out.

“I’M SICK OF THIS!” The loss of Scizor had caused Damien to lose his cool. He took off to pick up his handgun. Just as he was about to pick up the chrome weapon the infamous energy claimed another victim. No longer did it look like transparent flames but more like a dagger. It came up and hit Damien in the face. He was knocked backward and then looked up a Jack with a deep gash that started above his eye and extended down to his chin.

“I’ll let you live for now…” Damien looked crazed and his eyes began to take on a red tone. “But someday I’ll kill you Tripper…” Damien pulled a pokeball off his belt and released an Abra. He touched its head and disappeared in a flash.

“What was that?” Jack scanned the ground looking for whatever had saved him. “Did you guys see that?”

“Hmmm… I can’t explain it myself…” Brock was deep in thought. “Legends speak of ghosts of pokemon helping humans in times of need but I doubt that is what it really was.”

“Well whatever it was, I owe it one.” said Lawrence as he walked over and picked up his pokeballs. He tossed Brock each of his pokeballs and then handed Jack three more. “I recommend healing that Chikorita. It will be useful when you battle me.” Lawrence turned on his heel and began to walk back toward the city.

“Heh…right” Jack held out the pokeball and returned Chikorita. “Well Brock it was nice meeting you but now I need to heal and then take on Lawrence from there. See you around.”

“Well okay. Come see me after the battle. I want to know how you fared against my brother. Don’t take him too lightly for he does have some of my genes after all.”

Jack smiled and shook Brock’s hand and followed Lawrence back towards Pewter City. He was feeling good and then thought about what Damien had said:

“I’m sure Giovanni will be highly pleased… Your father only thought he put him away for good…”

“This was not good. Giovanni was highly dangerous and it appeared he could’ve created a team more powerful than the Rockets.” Jack had lost all of his feeling of elation. ‘Dad’s life is still in danger…,”

“But someday I’ll kill you Tripper…”

“And I guess mine is too.”

Last edited by miler567; 05-27-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Wow! That was good with description.

We finally see more of Jack's past.

I still found some grammar and formatting problems, but it was much better than when you started.

Keep it up! ^_^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch. 10)

Jack’s palms were sweaty as he decided what pokeball to throw out onto the field. Lawrence stood across the rocky battlefield with arms crossed. He was the epitome of confidence. “This is a rock gym…” Jack thought aloud. “So I’ll take the advantage. Go Chikorita!”

Chikorita exploded out of its pokeball and the gym lights glinted off its prominent leaf. Chikorita pawed at the sandy battlefield ready to battle.

“Ahhh a grass type…” Lawrence smirked. “You’re going to have to depend on more than type advantage here!” Lawrence removed a pokeball from under his coat and then flung it at the ground. It appeared that a boulder had come out of the pokeball until Jack noticed two muscular arms jutting out from its sides.

Jack pulled out the Pokecamera and took a quick snapshot. The screen on the back of the Pokecamera flashed the picture of the pokemon and then to Jack’s surprise gave him a brief description:

Geodude, a rock-type. It swings its fists around if angered.

“Well that’s not exactly what I was hoping for…” Jack had no more knowledge on Geodude now than he did before the battle.

“Geodude tackle!” Geodude used its arms and pushed off a nearby rock and flung itself at Chikorita.

“Chikorita counter with a tackle of your own!” The leaf pokemon sprung into the air and collided with Geodude full force. Chikorita hit first and shakily got to its feet, while Geodude sprung right up ready for some more.

“Jack you should know better than to attack a rock-type with a tackle. You’re going to have to step up your game if you want to beat me.”

Jack was going to have to make up for that move. “Chikorita razor leaf!” The leaf pokemon swung its leaf around its head rapidly until hundreds of razor sharp leaves flew out and were on a collision course with Geodude.

“Defense curl!” Geodude rolled into a tight ball as the leaves ripped across its rocky exterior. Jack could hear muffled grunts of pain but once again Geodude had sustained no serious damage.

“Now use rock throw!” Geodude ripped some of the boulders out of the field and hurled them at Chikorita.

“Use reflect Chikorita then counter with vinewhip!” Chikorita’s eyes changed from their normal color to bright gold. A golden wall soon appeared between Chikorita and Geodude. Three rocks smashed into the wall and harmlessly fell to the ground. Chikorita then shot vines out if its neck and whipped Geodude into one of the rocks on the battlefield. Finally Geodude had sustained some damage.

“Well played Jack. I’ll give you some credit because you are tougher then I initially thought. I am however going to have to end this match now. Geodude magnitude!” Geodude punched the sand and then what appeared to be waves began to travel throughout the gym floor. The walls began to shake and small rock fragments fell from the ceiling.

Four waves rocked Chikorita and sent it flying across the floor. When the waves finally subsided Chikorita was left sprawled out against a rock.

“Only a magnitude of four, Geodude? I figured you could go higher…” Lawrence looked over at Chikorita’s unmoving form. “Look like that did the trick anyway.”

“You’re not giving Chikorita enough credit as a battler.” Jack gestured toward a battered Chikorita who was standing on its feet once again. “It’s not over yet. Chikorita we can’t risk withstanding another attack like that you have to get close!”

Chikorita shot out two snakelike vines and then snaked them around Geodude’s body. The grass pokemon reeled Geodude in like a fish.

“Geodude use mega punch now that you’re close!” Geodude attempted to bring its fist back but Chikorita’s vines had tied its arms to its side. The ball was in Jack’s court now.

“Chikorita use stun spore!” A faint yellow powder floated out of Chikorita’s leaf and onto Geodude.

“Geodude get out of there!” The poor pokemon was attempting to wriggle out of Chikorita’s grip but its joints were becoming stiffer by the second. Soon Geodude was frozen by paralysis and couldn’t move.

The judge held up a green flag on Jack’s side. “Geodude is unable to battle. The bout goes to Chikorita.”

“Hmmmm…I obviously can’t toy around with you much longer, Jack…So I guess I’ll use the pride of my collection, Rhyhorn!”

A gigantic gray pokemon appeared on the field. It looked like a rhinoceros except it was covered in spiky armor. The Rhyhorn gave a loud bellow which shook the foundation of the gym.

Jack’s camera flashed:

Rhyhorn, a rock/ ground type. It can only charge and run in one direction.

Jack sighed. “Once again useless information… I guess I still have to use Chikorita though!”

“Rhyhorn that Chikorita is already weak! Use take down!”

Rhyhorn took off at a full speed toward the battered Chikorita and had no intention of slowing down.

“Chikorita dodge it!” Jack watched in horror as the leaf pokemon feebly jumped to dodge and was slammed by the Rhyhorn. Chikorita was tossed several feet through the air before crashing into one of the many rocks on the floor. Chikorita was just inches away from going out of bounds and losing the battle.

“Chikorita I need you to stand up and finish this!” Chikorita shakily stood on its four legs. Both eyes were squeezed shut from pain and exhaustion.

“Rhyhorn use magnitude!” Rhyhorn roared, mouth agape, and then stomped on the ground releasing a devastating earthquake. Ten waves ripped out from under Rhyhorn’s foot. The lights around the gym flickered and pieces of the gym’s ceiling were beginning to fall out.

Chikorita was hit by the wave and sent soaring through the air. Jack ran underneath and caught the Chikorita before she could smash into the ground. Jack returned the grass pokemon to its pokeball.

“Chikorita is unable to battle. The bout goes to Rhyhorn.”

‘His Rhyhorn is strong…almost too strong.” Jack faced a dilemma. “Houndour is at a type disadvantage but I can’t trust Cubone. Better safe than sorry I guess… Go Houndour!”

Houndour barked in compliance and then ran out onto the field to face the spiked behemoth. “Houndour use ember!” A series of white hot flames flew out of Houndour’s mouth and onto Rhyhorn’s face. Rhyhorn didn’t even blink. “Oh no… this could end up bad…”

“Rhyhorn use take down!” Lawrence was obviously going to end this battle as quickly as possible.

“Houndour use agility!” Houndour disappeared and only left a plume of dust behind. Rhyhorn kept running and had to skid to a stop to avoid falling out of bounds. Suddenly Jack remembered the Pokecamera’s information.
“Houndour go stand by the out of bounds line!” Houndour bounded over to the white line on the edge of the gym and sat down.

“HA! You think I’d fall for that? Rhyhorn use magnitude again!” Rhyhorn began to bellow again ready to rip off another powerful magnitude.

Without missing a beat Jack commanded “Use agility and then shoot a flamethrower down its throat!” Houndour disappeared once again and then appeared in front of the ground pokemon. A short, sharp blast of fire down Rhyhorn’s throat and a quick kick off of its face sent the spiked pokemon into a relentless rage.

“Run toward the out of bounds line Houndour!” Houndour was running just fast enough to keep Rhyhorn at his heels. The little pokemon had already figured out Jack’s plan.

“Rhyhorn you’ve got to stop!” Lawrence would’ve been pulling his hair out if there was any to pull.

When it was just inches away from the line Houndour dropped and rolled out of the way. Rhyhorn threw its head attempting to catch the dark pokemon but missed and careened out of bounds.

“Rhyhorn has exited the arena. The bout goes go to Houndour. Jack Tripper from Cinnabar has defeated Leader Lawrence.”

“YES! Way to go Houndour!” The dog-like pokemon jumped up into Jack’s arms and happily lapped at his face. “I’m so proud of you buddy!”

“Looks like we still have some work to do…” Lawrence said under his breath as he returned Rhyhorn. The defeated leader then walked over to Jack and held out his hand. Something small and shiny fell into Jack’s open palm. “That’s the Boulder Badge. You’ve earned it.”

Jack shook Lawrence’s hand. “Thank you for the great battle, Lawrence.”

“Not a problem. Now carry on throughout the world and continue to grow. I look forward to seeing you again.”

Jack gave a few more good-byes and then went out the door. “Well Houndour, One down. Seven to go.”
Closed Thread