Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Extremely Early EV training

Basically I am playing an MMO based on firered. It is exactly te same except online, and some things aren't implemented yet eg elite four, legendaries, double battles, breeding, Sevii islands etc since its still in beta. Anyway since I bet all the gyms, I started again. This time I am playing with a squirtle as my starter, and not using a pokemon until I have completely maxed out it EVs.
For my squirtle I want to EV train in speed, attack and special attack. Speed and attack are easy but special attack is hard. Where are some good places to EV train special attack BEFORE the first gym? Thanks

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Extremely Early EV training

I couldn't find any wild Pokemon which give out Sp. Atk EVs before the first gym, so it's probably not possible, unless you only wanted a few EVs in which case there may be some specific trainers you could battle. The earliest Sp. Atk EV Pokemon I found were Oddish and Abra on Route 24 (north of Cerulean, towards Bill's House).
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Extremely Early EV training

Hmm, well that sucks. I have only got 65 out of 510 EVs and am at level 15. By the time I max out the EVs for speed and attack it will be a high level. I think I will catch another pokemon to use instead of squirtle until I get to lavender town. Squirtle should be an average level by then.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me