Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM
BubbleFis Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: groudon or kyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga1000 View Post
Ok, Dude let me tell you that you/No one can argue over the fact that Kyogre has a higher chance of defeating Groudon whatsoever... Bulking up???...mehh... Kyogre can 1-Hit KO Groudon at its first strike EVEN IF GROUDON"S DROUGHT IS IN EFFECT INSTEAD OF KYOGRE"S DRIZZLE!! gorudon Lacks Sp.Def and Kyogre's Sp.Attk is way too high... then Combining this Sp.Attk with a single dose of Hydro Pump/Surf.. Groudon Pulls up Daisies before he can start Bulking Up (Why would Kyogre Use Thunder..It has Water moves at its disposal..lmao)
shut up you're a dunce leave it at the
first off it is a preference of which pokemon is better it is an opinion just because kyogre has High sp atk and is usually slower doesn't prove which is a better pokemon, groudongs EQ's do massive damage no matter what, and the 3rd gen games are screwed in phys and sp.atk's

No WiFi available ATM
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Thumbs down Re: groudon or kyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrazor View Post
shut up you're a dunce leave it at the
first off it is a preference of which pokemon is better it is an opinion just because kyogre has High sp atk and is usually slower doesn't prove which is a better pokemon, groudongs EQ's do massive damage no matter what, and the 3rd gen games are screwed in phys and sp.atk's
OH..So you like dissing people??,well I'd suggest that first you learn how to spell & read, you NOOB, watch carefully, I quoted this to a person who was comparing Groudon and Kyogre, I did not answer the question asked by the person who made this thread, YOU NOOB How the hell do you know about this game's PHYS?? you designed it or something?? and who told you that "Kyogre is Usually Slower"?? I never said that you idiot, its GROUDON not groudong, go diss someone having an IQ similar to your own.. dope. ..LMAO

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 04-30-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
scalec Offline

This thread is so gonna get locked.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Team_Cerberus Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
OH..So you like dissing people??,well I'd suggest that first you learn how to spell & read, you NOOB, watch carefully, I quoted this to a person who was comparing Groudon and Kyogre, I did not answer the question asked by the person who made this thread, YOU NOOB How the hell do you know about this game's PHYS?? you designed it or something?? and who told you that Kyogre is Slower?? I never said that you idiot, its GROUDON not groudong dope..Diamond/Pearl belongs to the 4th Gen...SO THINK BEFORE YOU POST...NOOB ..LMAO
Now THAT is funny...

Feh, Kyogre is wayyy stronger than that feeble Groudon. Water vs. Ground? For my sake, I think Water wins. Kyogre is also faster and has a much larger range of attacks it can use. And Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquazza (might be spelled wrong) are indeed 3rd Generation legendary pokemon.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Cerberus View Post
Now THAT is funny...

Feh, Kyogre is wayyy stronger than that feeble Groudon. Water vs. Ground? For my sake, I think Water wins. Kyogre is also faster and has a much larger range of attacks it can use. And Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquazza (might be spelled wrong) are indeed 3rd Generation legendary pokemon.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying Kyogre is stronger than Groudon if compared.

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 04-30-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

i really like kyogre better.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
pkmn trainer Vincent Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent

Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying Kyogre is stronger than Groudon if compared.
Hahaha man nice burn with that other NOOB! Oh just so ya know, it all depends on the nature and stats of both pokemon that would determine the victor.

I personally think Groudon would win, although his weakness is Water.

Why you ask?

Well think about it. Do you think Groudon is really that stupid as to have a world shattering battle with Kyogre, if it knows it's gonna get hammered into the ground y Kyogre?

Groudon has attributes that help it where it lacks in other aspects, like all pokemon.

BUT, to concluse my statement....

I say Each to their own.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Cool Re: groudon or kyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn trainer Vincent View Post
Hahaha man nice burn with that other NOOB! Oh just so ya know, it all depends on the nature and stats of both pokemon that would determine the victor.

I personally think Groudon would win, although his weakness is Water.

Why you ask?

Well think about it. Do you think Groudon is really that stupid as to have a world shattering battle with Kyogre, if it knows it's gonna get hammered into the ground y Kyogre?

Groudon has attributes that help it where it lacks in other aspects, like all pokemon.

BUT, to concluse my statement....

I say Each to their own.

Heh heh Yeah, NOOBs like this one just don’t know when to quit, this one especially compelled me to take action, so I had to put the hack down on him ten-twenty…lol.. Impertinent fools, they just talk crap and think as if they have really outdone themselves, anyway, I have no time for such noobs, lets get to business, Ok, yes dude I totally agree with on the fact that both, Kyogre as well as Groudon have the tendency to defeat each other, but there’s more, you see the legend might say that both Kyogre & Groudon had a cataclysmic battle and were equally powerful, but when we talk of “IN-GAME Mechanics” , they simply deny this fact; Both might be equally strong, but the probability of Kyogre defeating Groudon in an “IN GAME” battle is still greater, I skipped something I had in mind before, but now I guess I’ll have to use it to prove this fact:
Now, here’s the Equation that is used to calculate damage done by any pokemon using any specific move with a fixed base damage:
Given, LET:

Y = Magnitude of Damage Inflicted

L = Level of the pokemon who is attacking

B.A.S = Base Attack Strength (e.g. Ember’s B.A.S = 40)

D = Defense of the pokemon being attacked (Special/Physical, both respectively)
A.S = Attack STAT (Special/Physical both)

STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus (Increase Base attack power by 50%, If pokemon has type advantage)

E = Effectiveness Constant

Y = {[(2 × (L ÷ 5) + 2) × A.S × (B.A.S ÷ D )) ÷ 50] + 2} × STAB × E

Effectiveness = 1 (If move is neither Super effective nor effective below standard)

Effectiveness = 0.5 (If move does below normal damage, damage decreased by 50%, (NOTE: It might even do only 25% normal damage so in that case it’ll be = 0.25, in this case it’s N/A)

Effectiveness = 2 (If it does two times normal damage, this could be 4 but in this case it’s N/A)

Now in order to determine the probability of winning a battle for Kyogre & Groudon, we assume that their abilities are absent and they have similar STATS (According to their Respective Base STATS)(i.e if Kyogre’s SP.ATTCK = 350, then Groudon’s ATTCK = 350 & Both are at Level 100.

Kyogre’s STATS:
HP: 350
Attack: 230
Defense: 220
Sp.Attack: 350
Sp.Defense: 300
Speed: 250

Groudon’s STATS:
Attack: 350
Defense: 300
Sp.Attack: 230
Sp.Defense: 220

Now, We must also assume that Neither Kyogre nor Groudon Attacks first; they have no advantages/disadvantages due to nature etc (We must take into account an ideal condition, ignoring any external matters)
CASE 1: Kyogre Uses SURF,

Y = {[(2 × (100 ÷ 5) + 2) × 350 × (95 ÷ 220 )) ÷ 50] + 2} × 1.5 × 2
≈ 387 (Groudon loses this amount of HP)

CASE 2: Groudon Uses Earthquake (which all the people speak about..),

Y = {[(2 × (100 ÷ 5) + 2) × 350 × (100 ÷ 220)) ÷ 50] + 2} × 1.5 × 1
≈ 204 (Kyogre loses this amount of HP)

SO from the above equations it can clearly be seen that Kyogre has done a significant amount of damage which is much greater than the damage done by Groudon (keep in mind the fact that EARTHQUAKE is Groudon’s BEST move) and that the probability of Kyogre defeating Groudon is greater whatsoever, I think I’ve done enough to explain what I’m saying and there’s no doubt about it,the fact that Kyogre is strongerif compared to groudon & Definitely other pokemon as well,that's what I've learn't and I have proven this through mathematical equations and they can't lie, if someone differs from this, then may the force be with him, GOOD LUCK DUDE!!

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 04-30-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 PM
pkmn trainer Vincent Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent

Quote:
Heh heh Yeah, NOOBs like this one just don’t know when to quit, this one especially compelled me to take action, so I had to put the hack down on him ten-twenty…lol.. Impertinent fools, they just talk crap and think as if they have really outdone themselves, anyway, I have no time for such noobs, lets get to business, Ok, yes dude I totally agree with on the fact that both, Kyogre as well as Groudon have the tendency to defeat each other, but there’s more, you see the legend might say that both Kyogre & Groudon had a cataclysmic battle and were equally powerful, but when we talk of “IN-GAME Mechanics” , they simply deny this fact; Both might be equally strong, but the probability of Kyogre defeating Groudon in an “IN GAME” battle is still greater, I skipped something I had in mind before, but now I guess I’ll have to use it to prove this fact:
Now, here’s the Equation that is used to calculate damage done by any pokemon using any specific move with a fixed base damage:
Given, LET:

Y = Magnitude of Damage Inflicted

L = Level of the pokemon who is attacking

B.A.S = Base Attack Strength (e.g. Ember’s B.A.S = 40)

D = Defense of the pokemon being attacked (Special/Physical, both respectively)
A.S = Attack STAT (Special/Physical both)

STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus (Increase Base attack power by 50%, If pokemon has type advantage)

E = Effectiveness Constant

Y = {[(2 × (L ÷ 5) + 2) × A.S × (B.A.S ÷ D )) ÷ 50] + 2} × STAB × E

Effectiveness = 1 (If move is neither Super effective nor effective below standard)

Effectiveness = 0.5 (If move does below normal damage, damage decreased by 50%, (NOTE: It might even do only 25% normal damage so in that case it’ll be = 0.25, in this case it’s N/A)

Effectiveness = 2 (If it does two times normal damage, this could be 4 but in this case it’s N/A)

Now in order to determine the probability of winning a battle for Kyogre & Groudon, we assume that their abilities are absent and they have similar STATS (According to their Respective Base STATS)(i.e if Kyogre’s SP.ATTCK = 350, then Groudon’s ATTCK = 350 & Both are at Level 100.

Kyogre’s STATS:
Attack: 230
Defense: 220
Sp.Attack: 350
Sp.Defense: 300

Groudon’s STATS:
Attack: 350
Defense: 300
Sp.Attack: 230
Sp.Defense: 220

Now, We must also assume that Neither Kyogre nor Groudon Attacks first; they have no advantages/disadvantages due to nature etc (We must take into account an ideal condition, ignoring any external matters)
CASE 1: Kyogre Uses SURF,

Y = {[(2 × (100 ÷ 5) + 2) × 350 × (95 ÷ 220 )) ÷ 50] + 2} × 1.5 × 2
≈ 387 (Groudon loses this amount of HP)

CASE 2: Groudon Uses Earthquake (which all the people speak about..),

Y = {[(2 × (100 ÷ 5) + 2) × 350 × (100 ÷ 220)) ÷ 50] + 2} × 1.5 × 1
≈ 204 (Kyogre loses this amount of HP)

SO from the above equations it can clearly be seen that Kyogre has done a significant amount of damage which is much greater than the damage done by Groudon (keep in mind the fact that EARTHQUAKE is Groudon’s BEST move) and that the probability of Kyogre defeating Groudon is greater whatsoever, I think I’ve done enough to explain what I’m saying and there’s no doubt about it,the fact that Kyogre is strongerif compared to groudon & Definitely other pokemon as well,that's what I've learn't and I have proven this through mathematical equations and they can't lie, if someone differs from this, then may the force be with him, GOOD LUCK DUDE!!
How'd you come up with those equatios, man? thats some serious work you've done!
Im impressed by your knowledge!

I agree that Kyogre has the upper hand, but wouldn't that only be a problem if Kyogre had perfect accuracy?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Ok, Dude let me tell you that you/No one can argue over the fact that Kyogre has a higher chance of defeating Groudon whatsoever... Bulking up???...mehh... Kyogre can 1-Hit KO Groudon at its first strike EVEN IF GROUDON"S DROUGHT IS IN EFFECT INSTEAD OF KYOGRE"S DRIZZLE!! gorudon Lacks Sp.Def and Kyogre's Sp.Attk is way too high... then Combining this Sp.Attk with a single dose of Hydro Pump/Surf.. Groudon Pulls up Daisies before he can start Bulking Up (Why would Kyogre Use Thunder..It has Water moves at its disposal..lmao)
438 Attack taking into account STABed Earthquake - 150 Power - against the aforementioned Kyogre's 279 Defense AT BEST - in reality, it's typically about 216 or a little higher for some bulk - ...So, even without Bulk Up nor Drought in effect, Groudon can probably either kill a non Defensive Kyogre or seriously slam the hurt on a different kind.

Of course, it is obvious that if Kyogre so much is allowed to touch Groudon, it's probably going to die no matter what.

My Battle Log
Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Abram Offline
Amateur Trainer

alltogether they are equel in stats so moves are what make them better.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:15 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
OH..So you like dissing people??,well I'd suggest that first you learn how to spell & read, you NOOB, watch carefully, I quoted this to a person who was comparing Groudon and Kyogre, I did not answer the question asked by the person who made this thread, YOU NOOB How the hell do you know about this game's PHYS?? you designed it or something?? and who told you that "Kyogre is Usually Slower"?? I never said that you idiot, its GROUDON not groudong, go diss someone having an IQ similar to your own.. dope. ..LMAO
This is a late response to this, but whatever.

Look dude, I don't care how right you may be in terms of the raw calculations and derivations of attack proportions, but the fact that this is how you respond to simple argumentative opposition makes you look as if you bray like a mule when you actually talk to people. Also, the fact that you used the word "noob" even more than once in your paragraph alone makes me feel as if I have just read the one single most inert pabulum of garbage to have passed through my eyes. Moreover, the fact that you simply took all that space to insult the guy rather than prove him wrong like a normal person diminishes whatever respect anyone should have for you here. Remain inobtrusive unless your planning on incorporating your facts to support what you have to say.

My Battle Log
Old 05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
This is a late response to this, but whatever.

Look dude, I don't care how right you may be in terms of the raw calculations and derivations of attack proportions, but the fact that this is how you respond to simple argumentative opposition makes you look as if you bray like a mule when you actually talk to people. Also, the fact that you used the word "noob" even more than once in your paragraph alone makes me feel as if I have just read the one single most inert pabulum of garbage to have passed through my eyes. Moreover, the fact that you simply took all that space to insult the guy rather than prove him wrong like a normal person diminishes whatever respect anyone should have for you here. Remain inobtrusive unless your planning on incorporating your facts to support what you have to say.
First of all, who the hell are you to tell me what a post should look like?? So you read my post which made you feel as if you read the one single most inert pabulum of garbage to have passed through your eyes, SO??? I can't help that & I don't give a damn to what you feel about that , THAT GUY REPLIED TO MY POST IN A VERY RUDE manner, Yes, I intentionally used the word"noob" to insult him simply because the way he started his quote (Recall: shut up your a dunce) is not how you talk to someone, ergo,. I had to be offensive(If he simply did not use the word "dunce" I never would have said all that, besides whatever he said was mostly incorrect),"Bray like a mule"?? ..EH.. let me get this straight: you may have the patience to take bullcrap from others, you're most welcome to remain polite, I don't, especially not noobs, I always try to be as helpful & polite as I can but when some one insults me (by saying: Shut up you're a dunce for instance, that really fries me) and I do not expect any didactic lectures from you in future, so keep them to yourself, get it??

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 12-19-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Lugia-TheOceansGuardian Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, strength wise, I don't really know who would be better, but I personally like Groudon better.

Carlee 5198-1133-8010 - My IGN and FC
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
First of all, who the hell are you to tell me what a post should look like??So you read my post which made you feel as if you read the one single most inert pabulum of garbage to have passed through your eyes, SO??? I can't help that & I don't give a damn to what you feel about that , THAT GUY REPLIED TO MY POST IN A VERY RUDE manner, Yes, I intentionally used the word"noob" to insult him simply because the way he started his quote (Recall: shut up your a dunce) is not how you talk to someone, ergo,. I had to be offensive(If he simply did not use the word "dunce" I never would have said all that, besides whatever he said was mostly incorrect),"Bray like a mule"?? ..EH.. let me get this straight: you may have the patience to take bullcrap from others, you're most welcome to remain polite, I don't, especially not noobs, I always try to be as helpful & polite as I can but when some one insults me (by saying: SHut up you're a dunce for instance, that really fries me) and I do not expect any didactic lectures from you in future, so keep them to yourself, get it??
Well, I could have remained standoffish and said "don't be mean", which is really all I was saying. Besides, much like him insulting you really grinds your gears, you initiating a blunt retaliation grinds mine, because all it really does is make you look like an argumentative jerk. Now, I'll be frank and say that - now that you've given some rationale -, there's a more benign air to you, but still, you really shouldn't go off and push back twice as hard as your aggressor pushed you. And, I really don't care if I come off as patronizing or lecturing; your primarily ghastly ethics don't look too well in much anyone's eyes, especially when it's all in spite of your parasitic acquisition of some paltry pride. Forgive my harshness if uncalled for, but that's honestly what it looked like. I understand being angered at an insult, but the nasty response is unnecessary, and to use improper grammar ("noob"?) when prelecting another on the subject is more or less a contradiction of whatever authority you tried to establish there.

Anyway, if you have anything else to say, just PM me or something, because this little altercation isn't helping this topic much.

My Battle Log