Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:15 AM
pkmn trainer Vincent Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent
Default Re: groudon or kyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga1000 View Post
First of all, who the hell are you to tell me what a post should look like??So you read my post which made you feel as if you read the one single most inert pabulum of garbage to have passed through your eyes, SO??? I can't help that & I don't give a damn to what you feel about that , THAT GUY REPLIED TO MY POST IN A VERY RUDE manner, Yes, I intentionally used the word"noob" to insult him simply because the way he started his quote (Recall: shut up your a dunce) is not how you talk to someone, ergo,. I had to be offensive(If he simply did not use the word "dunce" I never would have said all that, besides whatever he said was mostly incorrect),"Bray like a mule"?? ..EH.. let me get this straight: you may have the patience to take bullcrap from others, you're most welcome to remain polite, I don't, especially not noobs, I always try to be as helpful & polite as I can but when some one insults me (by saying: SHut up you're a dunce for instance, that really fries me) and I do not expect any didactic lectures from you in future, so keep them to yourself, get it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
Well, I could have remained standoffish and said "don't be mean", which is really all I was saying. Besides, much like him insulting you really grinds your gears, you initiating a blunt retaliation grinds mine, because all it really does is make you look like an argumentative jerk. Now, I'll be frank and say that - now that you've given some rationale -, there's a more benign air to you, but still, you really shouldn't go off and push back twice as hard as your aggressor pushed you. And, I really don't care if I come off as patronizing or lecturing; your primarily ghastly ethics don't look too well in much anyone's eyes, especially when it's all in spite of your parasitic acquisition of some paltry pride. Forgive my harshness if uncalled for, but that's honestly what it looked like. I understand being angered at an insult, but the nasty response is unnecessary, and to use improper grammar ("noob"?) when prelecting another on the subject is more or less a contradiction of whatever authority you tried to establish there.

Anyway, if you have anything else to say, just PM me or something, because this little altercation isn't helping this topic much.
Alright how about the both of you just chill....you both don't want to get banned for starting and argument and going off topic now, do you?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Red face Re: groudon or kyogre

Quote:
Well, I could have remained standoffish and said "don't be mean", which is really all I was saying. Besides, much like him insulting you really grinds your gears, you initiating a blunt retaliation grinds mine, because all it really does is make you look like an argumentative jerk. Now, I'll be frank and say that - now that you've given some rationale -, there's a more benign air to you, but still, you really shouldn't go off and push back twice as hard as your aggressor pushed you. And, I really don't care if I come off as patronizing or lecturing; your primarily ghastly ethics don't look too well in much anyone's eyes, especially when it's all in spite of your parasitic acquisition of some paltry pride. Forgive my harshness if uncalled for, but that's honestly what it looked like. I understand being angered at an insult, but the nasty response is unnecessary, and to use improper grammar ("noob"?) when prelecting another on the subject is more or less a contradiction of whatever authority you tried to establish there.

Anyway, if you have anything else to say, just PM me or something, because this little altercation isn't helping this topic much.
Please mind your language, I have no time to PM you over this futile discussion, well if you had been standoffish, I would have agreed to you 100%, there's something I'd like to tell you, I did not like the way you tried to explain me what I did wrong, I don't know I simply didn't like that, if you simply said : "you were being too mean" , I definitely would have agreed with you but the way you conveyed this seemed as if you're trying to boss me around. Talking of grammar, I'd suggest that you try to use words which are easily understood by others because these barbaric words (prelecting, rationale, benign air) that you use often really don't make your post look good, neither do all these fancy expressions you come up with which are hardly used in daily life by most people; most people here would be annoyed if they read them, trust me. I suggest that now we stop this and become friends, I'm ready to forget all that happened, so lets burry the hatchet, shall we Diarago?

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 05-02-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent

Hehehe, bout time, eh?

i'd say this topic sparked some major controversy....
Old 05-03-2008, 03:46 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Please mind your language, I have no time to PM you over this futile discussion, well if you had been standoffish, I would have agreed to you 100%, there's something I'd like to tell you, I did not like the way you tried to explain me what I did wrong, I don't know I simply didn't like that, if you simply said : "you were being too mean" , I definitely would have agreed with you but the way you conveyed this seemed as if you're trying to boss me around. Talking of grammar, I'd suggest that you try to use words which are easily understood by others because these barbaric words (prelecting, rationale, benign air) that you use often really don't make your post look good, neither do all these fancy expressions you come up with which are hardly used in daily life by most people; most people here would be annoyed if they read them, trust me. I suggest that now we stop this and become friends, I'm ready to forget all that happened, so lets burry the hatchet, shall we Diarago?
Fair enough. There's little reason to squabble over this, and obviously, we both know it. Agreed, my friend.

My Battle Log
Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Fair enough. There's little reason to squabble over this, and obviously, we both know it. Agreed, my friend.
I'm glad that now we're friends mate, you saw my harsh side in my previous posts, now I'll show you how good I can be as a friend! Good Luck my friend & if you need any help, especially regarding math, I'm always there for you

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 05-03-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Elite Trainer

Quote:
I'm glad that now we're friends mate, you saw my harsh side in my previous posts, now I'll show you how good I can be as a friend! Good Luck my friend & if you need any help, especially regarding math, I'm always there for you
Lol ok now kiss and make up :P
Old 05-03-2008, 07:03 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn trainer Vincent View Post
Um, yeah, it's high time we got back on topic...

My Battle Log
Old 05-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn trainer Vincent View Post
Good One muhahahahah..lol
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
xXPrimalDialgaXx Offline
Banned

Well, Groudon learns SolarBeam that can cause problems to Kyogre, but Kyogre in another hand learns Hydro Pump and Blizzard. But I always liked Groudon.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPrimalDialgaXx View Post
Well, Groudon learns SolarBeam that can cause problems to Kyogre, but Kyogre in another hand learns Hydro Pump and Blizzard. But I always liked Groudon.
Groudon's main strength is its Attack not Special Attack plus its Solar beam is not influenced by STAB, besides this Kyogre's main strength is its Special attack, Hydro pump/surf are special attacks and are backed up by STAB so that gives Kyogre a pretty decent advantage against Groudon (Groudon's chances of wining are almost non-existent against Kyogre, trust me...).

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 05-09-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:43 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Groudon's main strength is its Attack not Special Attack plus its Solar beam is not influenced by STAB, besides this Kyogre's main strength is its Special attack, Hydro pump/surf are special attacks and are backed up by STAB so that gives Kyogre a pretty decent advantage against Groudon (Groudon's chances of wining are almost non-existent against Kyogre, trust me...).
Kyogre really gets lucky in this instance because of its typing and also the Pokemon company's intent to tell a story. One had to be Ground and the other Water. I mean, yeah, Kyogre wins here, but...

Hm...Holy crap. If you think about it, Groudon is just as advantageous or just as screwed as Kyogre against almost ever other Uber legendary. I mean, maybe Groudon gets the upper hand on Jirachi or Celebi or something, but Kyogre can take something like Lugia or Ho-Oh with no trouble at all; even Mewtwo, actually.

Still, though, Groudon works. I guess Kyogre outdoes him, but he has a gihugic Attack power that still hammers just about anything pretty badly, even if it doesn't KO.

I guess on a competitive scale, Kyogre wins almost by default, but Groudon is still a great Pokemon, and I will actually have a predominant preference to him in terms of anything otherwise, particularly because Ruby was my very next game following up on Gold (I always go for the color better associated with Red; Red, Gold, Ruby, Pearl...)...and so, I just think Groudon is cooler.

But among all, RaYqUaZa Iz TeH pWnZoRdZ.

(I'm just kidding about that last part...Well, the way it's said, anyway. Black Rayquaza is super-awesome.)

My Battle Log
Old 05-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Groudon is pretty cool, because his ability+SolarBeam is good. Groudon has pretty high attack, which I like.

I can't really say anything about Kyogre, cause I haven't caught him yet (Stupid Double-Edge).

So I'm gonna have to say Groudon. :P

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 05-18-2008, 03:21 AM
scalec Offline

If they battle each other, it's all just a matter of who comes out first and who has the best strategy.
But either one of them battled a different Pokemon, Groudon would totally be the best. It has the best moveset.
It's all debatable.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
If they battle each other, it's all just a matter of who comes out first and who has the best strategy.
But either one of them battled a different Pokemon, Groudon would totally be the best. It has the best moveset.
It's all debatable.
Kyogre does have more potential to sweep IMO. 100 Base Speed, which is plenty high enough, and OMG look at that Water Spout.

150 x 1.5 (STAB) = 225
225 x 1.5 (Rain Bonus) = 375.5

Fire that off a massive Special Attack stat and we have a winner. Even Explosion users usually only get 250 Base Power, the exception being Lickylicky.

Even with Surf:

95 x 1.5 (STAB) = 142.5
95 x 1.5 (Rain Bonus) = 213.75

Again, fire that off a massive Special Attack stat and we have a winner.

But Kyogre vs Groundon is difficult. It's a matter of which Pokemon comes out first. Whoever gets their preferable weather condition will win. But in normal battles, Groudon can't really 1-up too many things, since Ice Beams and Grass Knots are gonna hit it from all directions and kill it from its weaker Special Defense stat before it can so much as retaliate. Base 100 Speed really loves Kyogre.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 05-18-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Kyogre does have more potential to sweep IMO. 100 Base Speed, which is plenty high enough, and OMG look at that Water Spout.

150 x 1.5 (STAB) = 225
225 x 1.5 (Rain Bonus) = 375.5

Fire that off a massive Special Attack stat and we have a winner. Even Explosion users usually only get 250 Base Power, the exception being Lickylicky.

Even with Surf:

95 x 1.5 (STAB) = 142.5
95 x 1.5 (Rain Bonus) = 213.75

Again, fire that off a massive Special Attack stat and we have a winner.

But Kyogre vs Groundon is difficult. It's a matter of which Pokemon comes out first. Whoever gets their preferable weather condition will win. But in normal battles, Groudon can't really 1-up too many things, since Ice Beams and Grass Knots are gonna hit it from all directions and kill it from its weaker Special Defense stat before it can so much as retaliate. Base 100 Speed really loves Kyogre.
Kyogre & Groudon's Base speed stat is 90 not 100.