Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:10 AM
katiekitten Offline

Default Shiver.

Shiver

[And they say that the single beat of a Butterfly's wing can spark a hurricane]

It was rare that Archie was ever surprised; indeed, he rarely found anything worth being surprised about - the world, for the most part, being all too full of odd quirks and happenings for him to bother taking surprise at, instead just taking them all in his stride with a pinch of salt to be soon dismissed as yet another interesting, but altogether unimportant fact that he’d near-to-never stumble across again. That was, after all, how the human world worked: about as predictable as the environment around it, and as quick to throw itself into a squall as it was to crest calmly onto a soft pebbled beach.

But for all of his cynical views on the world and the people in it, there was not a bit of his partner that did not surprise him; the fact that her pink hair color was, in fact, natural, (as he’d learnt after being pummelled for half an hour by a flurry of confused Goldeen,) that as a child she’d been so shy that she didn’t speak until she was four, (the thought of his self-confident partner keeping quiet for over a week, let alone several years, slightly disturbing in his mind) as well as just how stubborn she could be, the sheer strength of her will when bent on a single view or option so nearly overwhelming that he’d long since given up on arguing with her when she entered that particular mind set, preferring to watch with slight perturbed awe as she decimated all who stood in her path. In this way each and every day was a new adventure, an expedition into unknown waters that slipped forever from under his feet.

But he wouldn’t have it any other way.

They stood by the side of a dirt road in no-mans land, the rain falling in a slowing sprinkle over the surrounding ploughed fields and countryside and gradually diluting the blood that seeped into the steadily forming mud in beautiful, scarlet streamers. He surveyed their work with a satisfied air as the final body thumped to the ground, his partner knealing beside it as she swiped the blood away from her withdrawn knife. Water dripped from her sodden bandanna across her vision as she raised her head, but she paid it no heed, eyes burning like flaring coals into his own.

“Ready?” She asked, a slight teasing note to her tone as she slowly straightened, a blood-stained hand raising absently to adjust a necklace at her throat and leaving slight scarlet finger prints on her pale skin. He nodded and stepped silently over the corpses to join her, a slight smile playing on his lips.

“Where to now?” He asked, voice rumbling deeply in his chest as he closed the distance between them and offered her his arm. Her gaze flicked to his with faint amusement as she accepted his offer by placing a delicate hand on his forearm and started forward, feet sinking slightly into the mud with her ever step.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?”

He raised an eyebrow and glanced at her, matching her pace casually as they left the massacre behind them.

“Would you consider anything I’d have to suggest?”

She smiled and turned back to the road, eyelashes lowering and casting half shadows across her cheek bones.

“No.”

He lowered his head slightly, the movement barely noticeable in the fading light. “Then where to now?”

She considered that for a moment, gaze slipping to the distant horizon where the dying sun threw its final rays over the mountains, the golden daggers spearing through the low-lying clouds. He waited patiently for her answer, forever quick mind calculating her reply. To Lilycove? That was the most obvious answer, for as they were so close to accomplishing their goals the thought never strayed far from their minds. But he would not put it past her to wish to visit one of the other towns, infiltrating them swiftly and effectively and seeing for themselves the effect of Aqua’s influence. It delighted her to see the fear flash in hardened training’s eyes at the mere mention of the organisation, and she never ceased to seek it out, revelling in the sensation.

But he should have known that nothing, let alone her, was that predictable.

He watched as she slowed to a stop, a sly smile flickering over her lips as she returned her gaze to his; an unreadable emotion glittering in those heavy lidded eyes.

“Catch me.”

His eyes widened imperceptibly as she winked, a delighted smile teasing her lips as a slim fingered hand raised, fingers flexing in a mockery of a wave before she was gone, a small breeze carrying her soft laughter as she raced down the road, a pink smudge against the dampened landscape. He blinked in surprise and started forward again, a wry smile tweaking his lips as he was reminded once more of why she, in a dying world filled with corruption and lies, had the ability to ensnare him so completely, so finally with her sheer purity - so wise and yet so innocent - that until his dying breath he’d decimate entire mountains to ensure that she’d live to laugh so freely once more.

She surprised him, indeed.

End.

Oneshot, by the way. x3 And a free doodle for whoever guesses who the characters are. *cracks knuckles then winces* xD

A hint: They feature partially in the third generation of the Pokemon gameboy games. x3

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 AM
katiekitten Offline

Default Re: Shiver.

xP As if I'll let my come-back thread die. Sincerely.

I have a lot on unfinished/short story pieces on my computer. Beware. >D

And besides. I happen to like the title of the next piece. xD *shot*

Document 1 (recovered)

It wasn’t often he got to spend time alone.

–But what’s so great about that anyway?

He eased back onto the grass, eyes closing as he settled onto his back, shivering slightly at the feel of the dew-covered fronds brushing gently against the sides of his neck.

The hectic, never-ending, pure energy of the world always seemed to crest in shimmering waves around him, flowing and ebbing; a constant swirl that threatened to drag him under, tearing apart any calm and tranquillity that remained in his life.

(Semblance, mask, façade-)

Singing, breaking, dancing, falling- everything that life was supposed to be, but wasn’t falling about his ears, rumbling in a roaring crescendo that contrived to drive him over the edge of insanity if he didn’t just bowl over and succumb like so many others did.

But what is life without its various pitfalls? The bad times are what make the ‘good times good’ and he stood stoutly by the view, always there to promptly ignore anyone who spoke a word against him.

-and life spins, unhindered, in its never-ending dance between chaos and harmony-

And so he sat.

-content.

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 PM
katiekitten Offline

“Oh shi*t.”

This was not happening. This was seriously not happening. After all the time she’d spent preparing for this, after all of the cajoling with her father to let her leave their house in Scotland, after all of the da*mn lunches she missed saving up for this and this was what she was met with?

Teal eyes narrowed and glared at the sign pasted bluntly above the entrance of the small stall, the blond avidly wishing that the overly cheerful message, happily repeated in what had to be five different languages, would just spontaneously combust under her glare.

“Euros Only.”

What the heck was that? This stall was one of the first things you met once you’d struggled your way out of the Euro Tunnel, most certainly the first thing providing food, and therefore is the welcome point, providing the first experience of both food and courtesy that their tourists would encounter. It was supposed to be open, welcoming, a pleasant happy place that would give visitors nice, happy memories that popped up whenever they gazed at the small pieces of shite that passed themselves for souvenirs.

And what a way to make an impression.

Dragging her eyes irritably from the sign, she started to scan the room, searching for anything that resembled a cash point. Christ, was this irritating. She’d already exchanged the majority of her money before she came - it wasn’t as if she was clueless or anything - but as she’d only transferred it into a spending account a few hours ago (the less warning her father had that his darling daughter was not going to a sleepover with her friends as she’d claimed the better), she’d hadn’t had the time to collect it before she’d had to rush to catch the coach that would remove her from The Life That Wasn’t for a week before she was forced to implode.

And she was so hungry.

Cursing under her breath as her search revealed nothing more than a mass of tourists, her school group included, milling around the assorted souvenir stores, (where the heck was the bank?) she adjusted her purse strap higher up her shoulder, checking as she did so that she still had all of the necessities: mobile, wallet, passport, ID Card that identified her as a student, pepper spray, etcetera, before striding purposefully into the crowd. Maybe, maybe if she was diligent enough she’d manage to find a cash point before she practically wasted away with hunger, but she couldn’t count on it. She gritted her teeth as her stomach chose that moment to growl loudly. If the worst came to worst she’d just have to ask someone.

Delightful.

She hated France.

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 09-26-2008, 09:02 PM
katiekitten Offline

x3

Quynh

“Just as tall trees are known by their shadows, so are good men known by their enemies.”

Mortality was not a word he liked.

An end of existence. The abyss and the light, the hypnotic dance of the hellfire- all explanations for what lay beyond, all contradicting the other. The finality of The End; the answerless question!

What human would not give it all to know that final truth? Who does not, if only for a single moment in their lives, simply ponder? The path they tread, so short compared to his, so little trod – they squander, shredding miles with their relentless questions, always, always and always- simply wondering.

To find what they most wish the moment they lose it all.

The fools.

e n v y

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 09-28-2008, 01:52 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Do I still get a doodle if I say that the first one was about Archie and Shelly from Team Aqua? ^^

Actually, I just had to post a comment. You have some excellent shorts. I enjoyed reading all of them.
I really liked the one about the Euros. It sounded as if you were describing something that happened to you. ^^
I'd love to read more, so don't stop posting!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:39 AM
katiekitten Offline

:o Someone has read these? *glomps and covers in cookies* Thank you, dear. x3 I really appreciate it.

xD And yes, it is Shelly and Archie. x3 What would you like doooodled?

And on the Euro one... >.>;; I may have found myself in a similar situation at one point. :x Except there wasn't a sign - I was turned away at the till. xD;;

And there'll be more, no worries. *hugs* Thanks again, k pop! :3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
katiekitten Offline

K-pop: I'll be getting to your next doodle soon, no worries. xD

ému

I think she smokes pot?

He could still hear the screams.

They followed him through the miles across the deserted evening landscape, twisted tendrils chasing his tattered tail - the terrified bugels slipping even into his dreams as he tossed beneath the cover of a bowed oak.

- motherbrothersisterfatheruncleauntcousintornasunde r -

He was alone, alone with himself, and smoke clung to the delicate hairs on his muzzle. To think- To think! A luxury he'd been too long denied- that only a year ago he'd struggled onto his feet for the first time!

Perhaps, dear heart, perhaps, for the last he settled now.

Heavy eyelashes blinking one futile time against the salty mist created by the nearby spray, he took one last, shaky step through the cloying sand before he allowed his legs to fold beneath his once more.

enmity

My apologies for the grammatical incorrect-ness of his name - I know it's an adjective, but call me shallow - it sounded better and less obvious than the noun. :x

And Ben Folds Five = <3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 10-07-2008, 11:08 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Fun! thanks! I like tight snapshots like these, shows how fast you can build embiance and characters.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 PM
katiekitten Offline

Oh lordy, another one! Bloomin' heck, thank you! *smothers in cookies* I really didn't think anyone read these. x3 I'm really glad you like them.

And small pieces = win. x3

Thanks again, dear!

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
LugiaAeroBlast Offline
Banned

this fanfic=EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:56 PM
LugiaAeroBlast Offline
Banned

i think its very well written and descriptive, like my english teacher would say
p.s. soz for 2 post