Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: The Metal Legion: A Heavy Metal Club

"Twilight Of The Thunder Gods" by Amon Amarth and "Shogun" by Trivium are out now, and I will have both in my hands within the hour. F*CK YES.

And apparently "Shogun" was recorded live, one-take for each instrument. There's a making-of DVD and if this is true, they just ass-rammed the "no talent" cynics. I really suggest that everyone here at least youtube a few songs and give it a shot.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
And apparently "Shogun" was recorded live, one-take for each instrument. There's a making-of DVD and if this is true, they just ass-rammed the "no talent" cynics. I really suggest that everyone here at least youtube a few songs and give it a shot.
The problem with that is we'll never know IF IT'S ENTIRELY TRUE. They'll obviously shoot the footage of the track they DID use, but it's near impossible to actually prove there weren't a dozen takes of it before that. The thought "well WHY would they do that?" might come to mind, but it's simple: to try and make themselves look better.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
"Twilight Of The Thunder Gods" by Amon Amarth and "Shogun" by Trivium are out now, and I will have both in my hands within the hour. F*CK YES.

I've never liked Trivium. Over-rated and they never live up to expectations.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:14 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

I haven't ever mentioned anything about Anime here, but I am going to now. I feel that since everyone here likes SOME Death Metal band, that everyone would be interested in Detroit Metal City. It takes a jab at Death Metal and Black Metal in a far more original way than Americas Metalocalypse ever has. Where the fictional band Dethklok just dicks around, fictional band Detroit Metal City jabs at Death Metal and Black Metal constantly throughout the show.

The episodes are easy to come by. Just check btjunkie and download the ones by [Triad]. They're higher quality than the other set you'll see on there.

I think everyone would like it.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
I haven't ever mentioned anything about Anime here, but I am going to now. I feel that since everyone here likes SOME Death Metal band, that everyone would be interested in Detroit Metal City. It takes a jab at Death Metal and Black Metal in a far more original way than Americas Metalocalypse ever has. Where the fictional band Dethklok just dicks around, fictional band Detroit Metal City jabs at Death Metal and Black Metal constantly throughout the show.

The episodes are easy to come by. Just check btjunkie and download the ones by [Triad]. They're higher quality than the other set you'll see on there.

I think everyone would like it.
It had some nice things going for it, but I still have to be loyal to my beloved Dethklok.

:P

Another Yngwie Malmsteen's Perpetual Flame release date has been announced, after it was supposed to be today. Now it's scheduled for October 14th, and I am beginning to get very annoyed.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Mhnph, I'm addicted to Finntroll lately. xD

And now I'm confused. I'm getting advice left right and centre. What album should I buy? The new Metallica, Trivium, Dragonforce or Slipknot? >>

Why do they all come out at the same time? D< We're not all rich, y'know!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:37 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Mhnph, I'm addicted to Finntroll lately. xD

And now I'm confused. I'm getting advice left right and centre. What album should I buy? The new Metallica, Trivium, Dragonforce or Slipknot? >>

Why do they all come out at the same time? D< We're not all rich, y'know!
Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the Slapknut album.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the Slapknut album.
Yeah, ShitKnot is a waste of money, as is Trivium.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Raine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Raine Send a message via Yahoo to Raine

Okay, guys, this is it for the club.

I find myself growing less and less interested in this club because the members have completely different taste from me, and not only because I'm into Japanese bands like X Japan and Dancer, which is a difference I commonly have among metal friends. I didn't intend for this club to be mostly about death metal and debates about bands such as Metallica, Slipknot, and Trivium, but to seriously discuss the more underground genres such as avant-garde, black metal, and doom metal. The club has been a disappointment, and I should have expected it to be such. Thank you for the time you spent here, it was decent at times.

Our mission....was simple....beat the.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Frankly, I'm much the same as Raine. I'm mostly into Doom Metal, and you guys are into bands and genres which I really couldn't care less about. Up until really now, we've just let it go on because of the amusing things that would occasionally happen: greensnakes, the stupid and somewhat one sided debates, Masami trying to get in twice and acting like he doesn't care when rejected (rofl)... all of it was amusing, but obviously not the point or intended goal of this club.

I'll continue to give out bands to people over AIM, although I've doubts many of you will ask. I'll also continue to write reviews when I feel like it on my livejournal.

SO LONG, SUCKERS.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Our mission....was simple....beat the.
Mission Accomplished.

It was nice getting to know you guys, and now I am no longer arch-enemies with Red and Raine, so I guess that's a plus.

So long fellows, good morrow to you.
Closed Thread