Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default {WAR VII} How I can touch a person's Heart

Name: May Norman

Team: One Against All

Entry: How I can touch someone's Heart

Randomly put together, I know. x_X But it's the best I can do, I'm not good at descriptions. D:

-----------------------------------------------------------

The evening breeze blew gently into my face.

I smiled as a Hummingbird perched on my hand and started pecking on the bird seed that I had on my palm. I especially loved it when birds did that, and they seemed to trust me. I spent evenings beeding them, and little by little, they started to recognize me, and now were tame enough to even perch on my shoulder or head. Now, they had even started perching on my hands and eating right out of them.

As they pecked bird seed, I was filled with a desire to sing softly. Ever since I was a small child, I was jealous of how birds could sing...and touch our hearts with their singing. Propelled by a desire, and thanks to a little bit of natural talent, I had somehow managed to get somewhere.

Suddenly, I was filled with an urge to sing. I took a deep breath, quickly glanced around- I'm a really shy kind of person, I hate it when someone laughs at me and closed my eyes.

One Song
I have but one song
One song
Only for you

One heart
Tenderly beating
Ever entreating
Constant and true

One love
That has possessed me
One love
Thrilling me through

One song
My heart keeps singing
Of one love
Only for you

I'm wishing..I'm wishing
For the one I love
To find me..to find me
Today..today
I'm hoping..I'm hoping-

Suddenly, a hastily stifled sneeze brought me out of my world. I whipped around blushing, to find myself looking at Rich Hunter, his hands over his mouth.

Normally, I would be pleased to see Rich Hunter. Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, a strong, muscular body and a cute smile. However, I was not exactly pleased to see him at the moment. For some reason, his eyes were wide open and bulging, and he slowly let his hands drop.

"What's so funny?" I asked, embarrassed and defiant.

"You're...it's just.."

"What?" I asked, placing my hands on his hips and glaring at him. What was he doing here?

"Mayyourawesomeatsinging!" He gulped.

"Sorry?" I asked, confused. What did he just say? Did I hear right?

He looked sheepish and swallowed. "May, you're awesome at singing..." he whispered.

I stared at him incredulously. "Excuse me?" I asked, skeptically.

"It is true," he replied quietly. "May, are you entering in the High School Fest?"

"Not a chance," I replied, and stalked off angrily. The nerve of him to tease me like that! I thought. I wish I knew how serious he was, two days later.

------------------------------------------------

There are two bells in my High School that induce any sort of stampede. The Lunch Bell and The Leaving Bell. Currently, the latter of the two had rung, and there was a mad rush to leave the school.

However, I was focused on locating only one person...just one single person.

I saw his silhouette near the parking lot. That jerk, thinking he could escape from me...

"Rich Hunter!" I screamed, loud enough for everyone to cast startled glances at me.

"Hmm?" He asked, turning around, and smiling calmly, while I glared at him.

"Rich Hunter," I inhaled sharply. "You entered me into that competition! Why?" I asked, angrily. "So you can show off that you've found some new talent?" I asked sarcastically, trying to keep up with him, but he suddenly stopped.

"May, have you ever heard yourself singing?"

"Well, no, not really," I admitted, although this was quite far away from the topic. "Why?"

"The way you sing...it's true talent," he whispered, his eyes misty. "You have the ability to touch people's hearts with your singing. You should not throw it away so casually..." he trailed off.

I was stunned. He definitely sounded sincere...from then on, I decided to go for it myself, determined. And I finally understood what he meant, one week later.

-----------------------------------------------

I finished singing, and took a deep breath. The audience stood still and started to clap deafeningly. Embarrassed, I smiled and I walked off the stage and went to my friends who were seated on the back rows of the auditorium. But most importantly, I wanted to thank Rich.

Speaking of Rich...

Where was he?

"You were awesome, May!" My best friend Rachel patted me on her back, her cheeks flushed, her brown eyes shining and hair her messy, as always.

"Thanks," I smiled embarrassed, as all around, students started to congratulate me.

"Rachel, have you seen Rich?" I asked her, unable to bear it any longer.

"Oh Rich? No clue," she replied. "He just went towards the Basketball Courts when you finished singing. He seemed pleased, too."

"Oh okay," I replied, and took the side exit to the Basketball court.

The basketball court, for the first time in living memory, was thorougly empty, except for a lone silhouette trying to throw a Basketball through the hoop. I recognized that frame as Rich's. Somehow he seemed...tense, I thought, incredulous.

"Rich..?" I began hesitantly, when he turned around and smiled. "Congratulations, May."

"Yeah, thanks...also, thank you for making me understand," I whispered, a couple of tears rolling down my cheeks.

"May, c'mon don't cry-hey!" He blurted out as I threw myself into his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," I whimpered, crying into his T-shirt, while his hands hung loose at his sides. "Thanks for teaching me this gift...although..."

"Although what?" he asked, a little apprehensively.

"You owe me a performance on the stage, too," I giggled through my tears.

"You're kidding!" he objected.

"No I'm not," I replied, crying and laughing at the same time. "You must. Please?"

After a few moments, he sighed. "Alright, I give in. Maybe in about a Week."
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996
Default Re: {WAR VII} How I can touch a person's Heart

That was awesome!!

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~