Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

Default Ninjask & Marowak

Ok, Ive been spending some time on serebi and I have to say I think this set up could be very deadly.

First I would send out Ninjask with 31 IV's in speed, jolly natured, with 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP.

Here would be his moveset:

Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

First move he would use protect for the speed boost, giving him speed, then he would use sword dance, then protect, etc... until he is maxed on stats or is in danger of dying, he would then use substitute if HP allowed, then baton pass to Marowak.

Marowak @ Thick Club, Adamant, 31 IV's in attack and Defense, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 defense. Ability: Rock Head

With this set up before the baton pass with the swords dance, marowak would have a 568 base attack stat. With the speed boosts and swords dance he is basically going to 1 hit KO everyone. His movesets would be as follows:

EarthQuake

Rock Slide/stone edge (For the flying types)

Focus Punch (had fire punch before but I don't want to go through the trouble of beating emerald again to get it to him, with focus punch and ninjasks speed boosts he should always hit first, making that move connect with a huge 150 base power, stack that with his insane attack stat and he should kill whatever he pleases.)

Double Edge (120 base attack with rock head and his insane attack gives him some uber damage to most anything.)

What do you think?

Last edited by Bitoko; 06-21-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Vengeance Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Ninjask & Marowak

I'm not real good with this stuff, but the Swords Dance and Speed Boosts would disappear when you Baton Pass, wouldn't it? Or they'd stay on Ninjask.

♥unpaired. pm me.♥

My song is Don't Trust me - 3Oh!3 ♦ Previously known as Deoxy
Old 06-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

No, with baton pass they are transfered to Marowak. :)
Old 06-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Vengeance Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Ok. See? I told you I wasn't that good with this stuff. But, it looks like a pretty good strategy.

♥unpaired. pm me.♥

My song is Don't Trust me - 3Oh!3 ♦ Previously known as Deoxy
Old 06-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

Haha, its ok. But yeah, I like this set a lot. Now comes all the work of breeding for some good IV'd pokemon
Old 06-21-2008, 09:16 PM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitoko View Post
Ok, Ive been spending some time on serebi and I have to say I think this set up could be very deadly.

First I would send out Ninjask with 31 IV's in speed, jolly natured, with 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP.

Here would be his moveset:

Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

First move he would use protect for the speed boost, giving him speed, then he would use sword dance, then protect, etc... until he is maxed on stats or is in danger of dying, he would then use substitute if HP allowed, then baton pass to Marowak.

@ Ninjask: EV's for Defense are workable together with its Attack EV's. Up to you.

Marowak @ Thick Club, Adamant, 31 IV's in attack and Defense, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 defense. Ability: Rock Head

With this set up before the baton pass with the swords dance, marowak would have a 568 base attack stat. With the speed boosts and swords dance he is basically going to 1 hit KO everyone. His movesets would be as follows:

EarthQuake
Rock Slide/stone edge (For the flying types)
Fire Punch (For skarmory brozong etc...)
Double Edge (120 base attack with rock head and his insane attack gives him some uber damage to most anything.)

What do you think?
If going FIRE PUNCH, try an ICE PUNCH as a second or alternate. You may also not, uh, see too many flyer's sticking around. Also, "ouchies" may be a new edit to a dictionary, if not already. Uber damage indeed...
Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah I was thinking about it and Ninjask wouldn't need attack EV's with no attack moves, so I'm either going to put them in defense or HP. But yeah, good suggestion. And as for fire punch, it also helps against the grass/steel types, while ice punch only protects against grass. (And dragon, but most dragon types have flying so the rock attack covers that.)

So yeah, I can't wait to get this done and ready. It should be fun to watch all the teams go to waste to my marowak :)
Old 06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking about it and Ninjask wouldn't need attack EV's with no attack moves, so I'm either going to put them in defense or HP. But yeah, good suggestion. And as for fire punch, it also helps against the grass/steel types, while ice punch only protects against grass. (And dragon, but most dragon types have flying so the rock attack covers that.)

So yeah, I can't wait to get this done and ready. It should be fun to watch all the teams go to waste to my marowak :)
Also worth mentioning is successful prediction.

Should, uh, your lead be "different" and your opponent 'understands' in your favor, a successful switch to YOUR Ninjask when your opponent switches should mostly equal a free SPEED BOOST + BP.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah.. Can marowak learn Fire Punch through the DP move tutor? Or am I going to have to raise it in emerald?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Yeah.. Can marowak learn Fire Punch through the DP move tutor? Or am I going to have to raise it in emerald?
Emerald Battle Frontier.
Or a trade with a tentacled Trainer (Suction Cups).

I know Oblivious...
Trainers with "abilities" for the laughs.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

How does that help me? Lol, are you saying i need to do it in emerald?

EDIT: I now know that fire punch really isn't an option for me.

However, what if I were to replace it with focus punch? With the huge speed boosts from Ninjask, he should hit first making him connect with a 150 power fighting move. Bye bye almost everything.

Last edited by Bitoko; 06-21-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Shun Goku Satsu Offline
Master Trainer

It's not an unknown strategy to baton pass a swords dance to an already super physically powered pokemon (Or nasty plot to a special sweeper). It requires prediction and to a certain extent luck.

Your oponent will likley predict he can't touch ninjask through substitutes and bring in his hazer/Phazer while you swords dance.

Providing you pull it off, his given move-set looks extremely solid. Coupled with the speed and attack boosts i doubt there is much who will stand in his way. I would run some damage calculations on some of the OU walls like Gyarados, Hippowdon, Gliscor, T-tar, Cresselia and possibley bulky dragons.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Bitoko Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah, it does need some luck. I don't know if I will be using it as a start to my battle, I may just switch him after I lure out a hazer and kill it. But yeah, I think it should be a fairly good set and with some luck could win a lot of battles for me.

On a side note, I Patent this strategy .... so don't steal it
Old 06-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Its acctually already existed for a while. :x Sorry to burst your bubble. :(

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Why woud you do 252 Attack EVs on Jask when it has SD/Sub/Protect/BP, stick them in HP or something.