Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 PM
nummynoisesforhire Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default I've got this problem...

Allright, so my team is working really well for me, but it has a serious problem with stuff like rest shuckle and suicune.

My team is:
Staraptor 252 speed, 252 attack, Jolly
Toxic orb
Uturn
close combat
facade
brave bird

Infernape 252 speed, 100 sp. attack, 152 attack
flamethrower
closecombat
stone edge
grass knot

spiritomb 20 attack, 232 hp, 252 sp. def. impish
protect
sucker punch
pain split
WoW

sceptile 252 hp, 114 def. 132 sp. def. careful
protect
toxic
leech seed
substitute

starmie 252 speed 252 sp. attack timid
thunderbolt
ice beam
surf
rapid spin

bronzong 252 hp. 252 sp. def., impish
protect
trick room
extrasensory
toxic

I think staraptor is the weak link on my team, and I rely heavily on status effects that results in a hit or miss match if they can deal with it or not. My bronzong probably needs to replace trick room with something, and extrasensory maybe as well. I was thinking of gliscour for an opener, but My problem is that too many other sweepers are faster than mine. What do I do?
Clauses: species, ubers, evasion, Hacks, Hax, Sleep, OH KO
RECORD: 19-12
Current streak: +5
Member of Team Ultimate Nightmare
Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: I've got this problem...

A lot of things have a problem with Rest Shuckle. You're better off just pHazing it out to deal with the rest of the team.

Speaking of which, your only wall is Spiritomb. I suggest making Starmie a defensive mon. Go to smogon for sets.

Staraptor is fine as a opener. I prefer it with Choice Band/Life Orb and Double Edge/Return over Facade if you can. 140 base Power Facade isn't worth it without Guts IMO. If you're honestly worried about Speed, go Choice Scarf.

You seriously need a hazer or phazer. Consider replacing Sceptile with Vaporeon for Wish support, pHazing and Hazing, as well as being a wall in general.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
A lot of things have a problem with Rest Shuckle. You're better off just pHazing it out to deal with the rest of the team.

Speaking of which, your only wall is Spiritomb. I suggest making Starmie a defensive mon. Go to smogon for sets.

Staraptor is fine as a opener. I prefer it with Choice Band/Life Orb and Double Edge/Return over Facade if you can. 140 base Power Facade isn't worth it without Guts IMO. If you're honestly worried about Speed, go Choice Scarf.

You seriously need a hazer or phazer. Consider replacing Sceptile with Vaporeon for Wish support, pHazing and Hazing, as well as being a wall in general.
Vaporeon's very good at taking Water and Ice attacks, especially from Suicune trying to kill Infernape or Staraptor, and subsequently Yawning or Roaring as one might see fit. But, you know, your problem with those two Pokemon can easily be solved by the presence of Taunt. In that respect, Gliscor is a great physical wall that can nullify Earthquake and Thunderbolt, and he can use Taunt to eliminate the use of Calm Mind or Rest. Moreover, since Gliscor doesn;t take special hits too well from Suicune, Gyarados is a great alternative, who will just eat up Suicune's attacks, and is usually faster so that he can Taunt him into not doing anything else...Just watch out to see if it has HP Electric, though; it will 2HKO, but Gyarados needs some serious Dragon Dancing to take him down with Stone Edge. Thus, with that in mind, you might as well squeeze Taunt into Spiritomb's moveset if you want to, seeing that Protect will save him in minute situations at best; the only problem with which is that Spiritomb may get Taunted first if you don't play your cards well. But, yeah...basically, my solution to your problem is a good Taunt user. Believe it or not, Gengar is very good at it if you bring him in on the right Pokemon and if you can predict very well.

My Battle Log
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Amateur Trainer

Thanks for the help. I knew a phazer would help. (Bronzong isn't a wall?). I have a yawn hippowdon, but he has type weaknesses i don't like. I can't decide on which to use, though. I like the idea of Gengar as a phaser, he has so many movesets that no one can predict him very well.

One on one my sceptile can beat both suicune and rest shuckle, it is just that I need a little more dependable answers. I really don't like the idea of chasing down a Gengar, though. I think I will change my trick room to confuse ray.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummynoisesforhire View Post
Thanks for the help. I knew a phazer would help. (Bronzong isn't a wall?). I have a yawn hippowdon, but he has type weaknesses i don't like. I can't decide on which to use, though. I like the idea of Gengar as a phaser, he has so many movesets that no one can predict him very well.

One on one my sceptile can beat both suicune and rest shuckle, it is just that I need a little more dependable answers. I really don't like the idea of chasing down a Gengar, though. I think I will change my trick room to confuse ray.
Oh, Bronzong's definitely a wall.

Also, if you want to use Gengar, he learns Taunt as well; it's not in the standard movesets - but who cares - and he can become a great support Pokemon if you can defend him well. But, you know, my answer to you problem here is pretty much Taunt; it eliminates Suicune's use of Calm Mind and Roar, and it will render Shuckle's Encore and/or Rest useless.

My Battle Log
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I disagree with Gengar being a good support Pokemon, because you said yourself that you had to "defend him well"...well, if you have to support your own support Pokemon, how good is he, really, at supporting the team?

The closest Gengar comes to being a support Pokemon is double status, which is a very viable set but still has Gengar in a position of offense.

IMO the best Taunt user, currently, is Deoxys-Speed, running a set of Cosmic Power/Recover/Taunt/Night Shade, however, he's not allowed in all sects and can be difficult to obtain (assuming this is for Wi-Fi).

Looking at your team, the best place to put Taunt would, atm, be Spiritomb, probably over Protect. Typically speaking, you're going to be switching Spiritomb in to threats, making Protect's main purpose (scouting) relatively useless.

Hi

Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
Oh, Bronzong's definitely a wall.

Also, if you want to use Gengar, he learns Taunt as well; it's not in the standard movesets - but who cares - and he can become a great support Pokemon if you can defend him well. But, you know, my answer to you problem here is pretty much Taunt; it eliminates Suicune's use of Calm Mind and Roar, and it will render Shuckle's Encore and/or Rest useless.
I think I will go with Gyrados in the end. He has EQ coverage and his special def. helps with some of my problems with weakness fire.