Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:37 AM
weavile_tyks Offline

Default Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlepix View Post
Iv are a set value thaat determin a pokemons stats
how do you know what IV's a pokemon has?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
nummynoisesforhire Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavile_tyks View Post
how do you know what IV's a pokemon has?
This is actually one of the most annoying things to find out. It is a complex math function involving stats. Serebii.net has a good calculator you can find pretty easily on the main page. To get an accurate reading you have to go into a singles LV. 100 battle on wifi and write down all of your pokemon's stats. You also have to know the EV's you have on the pokemon. Then enter the stats into the calculator on serebii. You do it otherwise, but you will not get very accurate readings on your IV's. This is the most uncontrollable aspect of Pokemon training. Sometimes it is just better to forget about it.
Clauses: species, ubers, evasion, Hacks, Hax, Sleep, OH KO
RECORD: 19-12
Current streak: +5
Member of Team Ultimate Nightmare
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 AM
weavile_tyks Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummynoisesforhire View Post
This is actually one of the most annoying things to find out. It is a complex math function involving stats. Serebii.net has a good calculator you can find pretty easily on the main page. To get an accurate reading you have to go into a singles LV. 100 battle on wifi and write down all of your pokemon's stats. You also have to know the EV's you have on the pokemon. Then enter the stats into the calculator on serebii. You do it otherwise, but you will not get very accurate readings on your IV's. This is the most uncontrollable aspect of Pokemon training. Sometimes it is just better to forget about it.
Ok
Old 07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Sigh...Another newcomer who apparently can't read the word "competative" or "READ FIRST" or "Rules". TBH (finally learned what that means!!), battling against your friends doesn't fall under competative battling in any standard, even PE2K. Please please read the rules. Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but everyday, one of these is posted, and there are very few actually good and well thought out teams on this site. Again, sorry.

And about EV/IV training, you will not understand it from anybody here, no matter how much they know about the subject. Its just to confusing to just understand immediatly. Read Serebii's guide on EV training first, and once you've mastered that, focus on IV's. Its alot of work but its worth it. It took me at least a few months to finally understand everything.

FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~

Done:1144

Last edited by Flygon Ruler; 07-10-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
weavile_tyks Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
Sigh...Another newcomer who apparently can't read the word "competative" or "READ FIRST" or "Rules". TBH (finally learned what that means!!), battling against your friends doesn't fall under competative battling in any standard, even PE2K. Please please read the rules. Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but everyday, one of these is posted, and there are very few actually good and well thought out teams on this site. Again, sorry.

And about EV/IV training, you will not understand it from anybody here, no matter how much they know about the subject. Its just to confusing to just understand immediatly. Read Serebii's guide on EV training first, and once you've mastered that, focus on IV's. Its alot of work but its worth it. It took me at least a few months to finally understand everything.
Everything you said is ok but keep in mind I only started to play diamond or pokemon over all about 4 months ago, sorry I'm not so good at pokemon.

and my friend has a lucario, the blissy got ko'ed realy quickly so I went with arcanine.