Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Spartan91 Offline

Default Grass Special Sweeper?

The title speaks for itself. I need to know what is the best grass s.s. I know it's kind of annoying. I was looking and I saw a good amount of physical s. and s.s. with crap movepools. So what should I do? It would also be helpful if anyone could include a nature and moveset. Thanks in advance!

If you want to battle or trade i'm always up for it. Just PM me with the details.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:12 AM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Grass Special Sweeper?

Venusaur or Roserade might fit the bill. Exeggutor has high special, but I dunno its movepool well. Exeggutor is also kinda slow.

Roserade can get Weather Ball, Leaf Storm, some Hidden Power, Sludge Bomb, Hyper Beam (haha), ExtraSensory (a Budew Egg move from Nuzleaf).
Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Spartan91 Offline

Thanks. I was tempting the idea of Roserade. I'm going to take a look at it's movepool.

If you want to battle or trade i'm always up for it. Just PM me with the details.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan91 View Post
Thanks. I was tempting the idea of Roserade. I'm going to take a look at it's movepool.
Exeggutor is obscene once you get the sun to come out. Exeggutor has obscene Speed after Sunny Day and kills things with either Solarbeam, Psychic, or what not. Alternatively, you can go Specs and Leaf Storm things to death. Hidden Power and other moves as needed for coverage. Also, Exeggutor has Sleep Powder to shut down some counters and OMGTFBBQ it has Explosion to rape Blissey so another Special Sweeper to come in and finish the job. :3

Roserade is a fair alternative though.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 07-05-2008, 08:42 AM
-Felix- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to -Felix-

I had a Roserade with Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, and Razor Leaf and it turned out awesome.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario8 View Post
I had a Roserade with Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, and Razor Leaf and it turned out awesome.
Then a steel type comes in and goes OLOL!

But yeah, I've been through the list and the best candidates for a grass-type special sweeper are:
*Exegutor (Needs Sunny Day Support)
*Celebi
*Sceptile
*Shiftry
*Roserade
*Cherrim (Needs Sunny Day Support)
*Shaymin (When it arrives)

Your best bets are gonna be roserade, sceptile and celebi. Sunny day abuse is viable but all it does is strap on an even bigger fire weakness. The main problem with grass-type special sweepers is that they have massive problems dealing with steel types, so you're going to need to invest in some IV breeding for HP Ground or fire. If you want any sets for the pokes, drop me a PM and I'll find you the standards :)
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Sceptile and Celebi are my best options. Sceptile has good Special Attack, is insanely fast, and can pull off a Choice Specs set fairly well, but you may need to IV Breed for special Hidden powers in order to make him effective. However, Celebi has great defensive stats and HP, and thus he pulls off Calm Minding between STAB Psychic and STAB Grass Knot very well, even though damn Heatran may wall his attacks unless he's gotten like 3-4 Calm Minds in. Moreover, he's a much better tank sweeper than Suicune given that he has instant recovery in Recover, much like how Slowbro gets Slack Off; of course, Celebi has the advantage of being faster than Gyarados with a little EV investment to avoid nasty Taunts, and shrugs off Gliscor's Aerial Aces when Bold natured and can just pound him to the ground with Psychics and wait out the Taunt (If Gliscor has it) in the process if he has to. So...all in all, I prefer Celebi, but Sceptile is very capable, and, given a Choice Scarf, Roserade can be a great asset to your team, throwing out Leaf Storms and Sleep Powders when you need it to.

My Battle Log
Old 07-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Jigglehpuff Offline
Experienced Trainer

Sunflora has good stats, but no movepool.

Roserade and Exeggutor are really awesome for the job though.

DP FC: 1118-1309-7742
Old 07-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Spartan91 Offline

Thanks for all the tips people. I'm probably going to go with executor, i just need a good moveset for him...Any takers ?

Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan91 View Post
Thanks for all the tips people. I'm probably going to go with executor, i just need a good moveset for him...Any takers ?
Standard Eggy:

Eggy@Lefties/Heat Rock
Modest
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Sunny Day
Sleep Powder/HP Ground
Solar Beam/Grass Knot
Explosion
Standard Clorophyll set. As i've said, they get raped by fire types and steel types, so HP Ground is preferable.

If you have sunny day support, specs Eggy becomes viable too:

Eggy@Choice Specs
Modest
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Leaf Storm/Solar Beam
Psychic
HP Fire/Sludge Bomb
Explosion/Grass Knot/Energy Ball
Being already set up leaves you more options for move use. Again, HP fire is preferable so steels dont give you a slap in the face.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Spartan91 Offline

hmmm... I'm liking the Choice Spec Egg. I think I'll go with that, thanks again.