Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Default Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
Oh really now? I haven't seen a reasonable refutation.
You can only reasonably refute a reasonable argument.
Quote:
Why should we further damage the sanctity of marriage? Haha, if ya get a little on the seat, you might as well **** on the entire floor?.
Sanctity of marriage. Sanctity... of... marriage.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Sanctity of marriage. Sanctity... of... marriage.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I have noticed the irony. Let me join you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH A
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
I never said they were inferior. Way to be a typical liberal and shove words in my mouth.
Ah, another one of your wonderful non-religious argmuents, right?

Please. Disagreeing with you doesn't make a person a liberal.

Quote:
Why should we further damage the sanctity of marriage? Haha, if ya get a little on the seat, you might as well piss on the entire floor?
If you piss on the seat, maybe you should accept that something needs to change, and get a better seat. That's a more suitable metaphor. If straight people destroy marraige, maybe gay people will improve it.. =) By, y'know, not being adulterous and just plain messing things up to the point of needing a divorce.

Quote:
Oh really now? I haven't seen a reasonable refutation.
I also haven't seen a refutation of the "Earth is flat!" belief. That doesn't mean that the earth is flat. It means the argument is too obviously flawed to be worth debunking.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Master Debation Offline
Banned

Poke Poke, Pokol DaErran, get out if you cannot debate like normal human beings.

Wunschkind, where should I begin?

There is no saving the sanctity of marriage, for it was lost when marriage became a legal matter rather than religion and family. People get married for the most ridiculous reasons, hardly ever for the reason it was originally meant to be. Marriage is not what we think of it, it's not a happily ever after like it's portrayed in the movies and on TV.

It's no longer a religious matter, but a legal matter. Legal has nothing to do with your God or anyone elses, especially in the states.

Onto your "non-religious" reasons, they're ridiculous prejudices based on rumor and lies spread by, guess what, religious asshats who disprove of it. Homosexuals do not spread disease, on the contrary, more women spread it to men these days than men to men or women to women.

Further more, to say ALL homosexuals(if any) are horrible enough to molest children is ridiculous, especially since you have no proof. I do, however, have proof that Catholics(yes, a very popular sect of christianity) molest children! So if you use this as an argument against homosexuals and homosexuality, you should use it against catholics as well, among others. =)
Old 08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
windbladeicepuppy Offline

Send a message via AIM to windbladeicepuppy

hey people, as much as I dislike Wunshkind, let's keep this a discussion, not an insult-fest.

I'll note that no one's taken me up on my offer to have a nice, peaceful discussion off-site, on either thread. Hrm.

The whole idea of "santity of marriage" doesn't work this well. Most religions, yeah, even those with more Gods than you can shake a stick at, including those who don't really care if you're gay or not, have a concept of "marriage". Even if it's temporary, even if it includes more than two partners, even if it allows creepy old men to take ten year old girls as their bride. "Marriage" wasn't invented by monotheistic religions. Dude, my parents are both atheists and they're married.

(and dang, I should've typed faster, this thread got two replies while I was writing this up!)

Last edited by windbladeicepuppy; 08-24-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Poke Poke, Pokol DaErran, get out if you cannot debate like normal human beings.
This whole thread has been Wunschkind vs everybody. We have done our best. We have proven our points.

Why not poke some fun at him?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke View Post
This whole thread has been Wunschkind vs everybody. We have done our best. We have proven our points.

Because you don't win an arguement by insulting the other side. It's a matter of civility and respect. If you're not prepared to debate politely, maybe it's better if you don't do it at all. I'd rather have someone who's mature and polite against me than ten people on my side trying to make the other one look bad. (Sure, Wunshkind was not exactly mature and polite either, but you're not gaining anything by acting like him)

I'd like to know what's so bad about being a liberal anyway? I mean, other than the liberals in Canada are actually conservative capitalists and I will never vote for them, you know, because they're not actually LIBERALS.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Master Debation Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke View Post

Your best is horrible, and because it's a debate, not a flamefest. Don't sit there and say "lol thats stupid" get some facts together and refute it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_C...ex_abuse_cases

Quote:
HIV spreads readily through heterosexual sex in Africa, but less so elsewhere. One possibility being researched is that schistosomiasis, which affects up to 50 per cent of women in parts of Africa, damages the lining of the ******.[48][49]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS

For the win and complete destruction of the "gays spread disease and raise child molestation rates" crap.

EDIT: Oh and Firefly, it's round. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

Last edited by Master Debation; 08-24-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokol DaErran View Post
Wow dude, I don't think I can beat that. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke
I have noticed the irony. Let me join you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH A
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mudkip lieks you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbladeicepuppy (what the hell is that?)
I dislike Wunshkind
Why? Is it because I'm not a flaming liberal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFlyK
If you piss on the seat, maybe you should accept that something needs to change, and get a better seat.
What good would a better seat do when the toilet's the same size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFlyK
I also haven't seen a refutation of the "Earth is flat!" belief. That doesn't mean that the earth is flat. It means the argument is too obviously flawed to be worth debunking.
Epic fail. Do I really need to say why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke

I love the tough girl routine, I really do. Do you climb trees too? How about change your own oil in your car? Can you crush a beer can on your forehead? You've got my vote for "Mr. Man of the Year" (message board-style). Please tell the Board about your sexual exploits--that would put you over the top!!!

Hide the women and children, Internet Tough Guy Alert!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation (I love that name)
Onto your "non-religious" reasons, they're ridiculous prejudices based on rumor and lies spread by, guess what, religious asshats who disprove of it. Homosexuals do not spread disease, on the contrary, more women spread it to men these days than men to men or women to women.
Why is the life expectancy of a homosexual about half that of a straight person?

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...full/30/6/1499

Last edited by MaskedJackal; 08-24-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Cute, Wunshkind. As far as I'm concerned, you've lost this debate. You didn't come here for a discussion, you just came to make fun of others. Since I have the feeling that you'll just go back to name-calling whenever anyone replies to you, I'm going to ignore you from now on. I do urge the others to follow my example. Don't feed the troll!

Anyway... anyone else has any reasons why gay marriage should or shouldn't be forbidden?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbladeicepuppy View Post
Cute, Wunshkind. As far as I'm concerned, you've lost this debate. You didn't come here for a discussion, you just came to make fun of others. Since I have the feeling that you'll just go back to name-calling whenever anyone replies to you, I'm going to ignore you from now on. I do urge the others to follow my example. Don't feed the troll!

Anyway... anyone else has any reasons why gay marriage should or shouldn't be forbidden?
I never got aggressive until others did so.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Why is the life expectancy of a homosexual about half that of a straight person?

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...full/30/6/1499
You know what Wunschkind, enough. I'm tired of the back and forth with you. So, here's the deal. I'm going to ignore every single word you type that doesn't have to do with the subject at hand. I'm going to ignore your whining and your banter and I'm only going to adress your "arguments". Now, on the subject of this, I'm going to tell you for the hundred and eighty second time (and I mean that literally), you can't stop people from being gay by forbidding them from getting married. Let's assume that everything in that article is true (I'm not going to even bother reading it. Post it in the Homosexuality thread and then I'll read it). If it is true, and gay people have a lower life expectancy than straight people (which I highly doubt, because there are plenty of older gay couples. Just look at the lesbian grannies who got married in California). How will stopping them from getting married prevent that? Does misery increase a person's life expectancy? Because last I checked, it decreased it. I think you're confusing the threads again.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation
Your best is horrible, and because it's a debate, not a flamefest. Don't sit there and say "lol thats stupid" get some facts together and refute it.
We have done that. Many many many many many many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind
Because you don't win an arguement by insulting the other side. It's a matter of civility and respect. If you're not prepared to debate politely, maybe it's better if you don't do it at all. I'd rather have someone who's mature and polite against me than ten people on my side trying to make the other one look bad. (Sure, Wunshkind was not exactly mature and polite either, but you're not gaining anything by acting like him)
There's really nothing to do in this thread. The only person arguing against is Wunschkind and all he does now is bring old points again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind(what kind of a name is that?)
I love the tough girl routine, I really do. Do you climb trees too? How about change your own oil in your car? Can you crush a beer can on your forehead? You've got my vote for "Mr. Man of the Year" (message board-style). Please tell the Board about your sexual exploits--that would put you over the top!!!

Hide the women and children, Internet Tough Guy Alert!!!
Please don't try to act funny and insult me. Cause you fail at it. Epicly.

[QUOTE=windbladeicepuppy]Anyway... anyone else has any reasons why gay marriage should or shouldn't be forbidden?[/QUOTE}

Yes. It shouldn't be forgiven because it can't be. I mean marriage is only a legal sign of a relationship. If you think banning gay marriage will stop gays, tough luck.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post
Believe me, we try, but the stupidity keeps pulling us back to rip apart horrible arguments. You seem like you have a fitting name, you'll see what we meen soon enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windbladeicepuppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post
Yes. It shouldn't be forgiven because it can't be. I mean marriage is only a legal sign of a relationship. If you think banning gay marriage will stop gays, tough luck.
Exactly what I was thinking! All you need is two people, not any government decree.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Arrow Re: Gay Marriage

This thread has degraded into a hostile chit-chat about the participants rather than the topic.

Personal attacks have no place in debate, or the forum in general.
It's coming from all sides, no one is to blame.
If anyone queers another gay thread with fighting they're gonna get infracted, at least.

If there remains any serious debate possible on this topic it will fit nicely in the "Homosexuality..." thread.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Closed Thread