Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Okay, I am just going to put an end to all discussion of this right here.

This is a Pokemon forum. It's a website and a fun community for hanging out. These threads are causing nothing but conflict. The people for gays won't win, and the people against homosexuality(like me) will not win. Let's just drop all discussion of religion and sexuality, and enjoy nice conversations about games, movies, and music. I tried my best to change people, but you won't listen. Lets just have fun. Okay?
Well you may have finished but other people might not. You don't have the power to end a discussion just like that -snaps fingers- huh? FireflyK provided you with some very good points and unless you reply to them then you can't defend your side can you?

:/
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:

This is a Pokemon forum. It's a website and a fun community for hanging out. These threads are causing nothing but conflict. The people for gays won't win, and the people against homosexuality(like me) will not win. Let's just drop all discussion of religion and sexuality, and enjoy nice conversations about games, movies, and music. I tried my best to change people, but you won't listen. Lets just have fun. Okay?
Why are you trying to change people? If you're homophobic, fine. But don't try to change someone else's beliefs.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:08 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:

Ha! You don't get to just end all discussion after a comment like that!

You can't change people. People are born the way they are, and it's up to them whether they want to lie to themselves or not. That's not up to you to decide, you don't have that right, and neither does anyone else.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha

1.) I'm not homophobic.

2.) Nothing good can come from this thread.

EDIT: >Mario: I just don't want people's life to be ruined because of homosexuality, or more their second life to be ruined.

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^

Last edited by Apocrypha; 07-12-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
1.) I'm not homophobic.

EDIT: >Mario: I just don't want people's life to be ruined because of homosexuality, or more their second life to be ruined.
This is the Other: Discussion board. It's not for talking about Pokemon and games and fun. This is for debating, and sometimes it gets a bit tough. Homosexuality and religion are just sensitive subjects, but we're still going to debate them. If it bothers you, then just stay out of this board. =/

As far as your last post goes, you can't try to change people. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, and just because it's not YOUR opinion doesn't mean it's wrong.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
1.) I'm not homophobic.

I think the only reason some homosexuals have their lives ruined, is because of all those who want to deny them their lives. And as many people said, eevn if gay marriage was banned, people would still be homosexual, and they would still go to hell. =/

And I enjoy these debates, and learn a lot from them, so why should I stop debating just because you don't enjoy it?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
1.) I'm not homophobic.

What do you think contributes to people who have their lives ruined "because" of their sexuality? The serious rate of suicide among gay teens has much more to do with unfair treatment in schools and by a large portion of society than them just being gay. Bullying causes serious mental health problems.

Hi

Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
What do you think contributes to people who have their lives ruined "because" of their sexuality? The serious rate of suicide among gay teens has much more to do with unfair treatment in schools and by a large portion of society than them just being gay. Bullying causes serious mental health problems.
so true, so true.

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:

Look, this is a DISCUSSION THREAD. Most forums have one. This is an interesting conversation on peoples views and opinions! No-one here is forcing their views on everyone else, you can't just END a discussion because you think you're God. Don't try to change people. If you're that much of a Christian, you'll respect everyone else's opinion, whether you like it or not. You're trying to change people, when God abides Free Will. Please butt out if you're not going to share your OPINION.

Quote:

1.) I'm not homophobic.

Ok, why is nothing good coming out of this thread? I think a lot of good is coming out, you're just scared because you think your beliefs are going to be overthrown.

And WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! People's lives aren't ruined by homosexuality. You make me sick you bastard. Yeah, bite me. Give us your views. Why do you think homosexuality ruins people's lives huh? Are you just a sheep following whatever God says, kissing his arse? Or do you actually have a valid argument?!

Please stay out of this board if you have nothing useful or insightful to contribute please. This is a heavy discussion, for MATURE people, who don't shove their beliefs down other people's throats.

Ok, all insults aside, FFK had some good points. Very good points. ... Too Good... :P

Nah, yeah, it's interesting what some people let slip isn't it? I wonder why they repeat names as well, the Pope right now is Benedict(e?) the 18th I think...? Wow. Really. Honestly... Eighteenth?!

What do other religions have to say against or with homosexuality? I think the Bible says something along the lines of; "Let one man who lies with another man be put to death." Something like that.

Islam? Buddhism? Taoism? Judaism? Anything from their corners?

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

I am proud to say I am for gay marriage.
My brother is gay and I see how kids at school treat him and how they assume he will act since he is gay. Everybody diserves love and to have a family. All because a person likes the same sex doesnt mean they should have any different rights than straight people.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

yea i am up for gay marriage. but ive seen gay couple that act normall and chill. its the gay ppl that say "this shirt is delicious" and "you look so bad in those jeans that your creating a felony" its those ppl from like those clothing chanels, that piss me off.

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 07-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

This may sound like a stupid question, but glados, if homosexuals lives are ruined, does that mean my life will be half-ruined because im bi?

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 07-13-2008, 04:28 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
1.) I'm not homophobic.

Yes. You are homophobic. Very much so. Not only are you against homosexuality which can be seen as being homophobic. But you ARE scared of it, or more specifically the idea of YOU being homosexual. It is not a choice. Sorry.

If we can take you away from the TRUE EVIL of discrimination, that would be good. Teaching homophobes some of the key reasons why they are wrong is good. Take this away form this post. THEY DON'T CHOOSE! Who would choose to be gay in a world where people like you exist?!

If homosexuality is a sin (which it isn't), it is no more of a sin than having an eye defect or using a condom.

You talk of trying to change people when you are not open to change yourself.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:12 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Hey, for the record, I'm completely for homosexual marriage. Heck, it's already legal in California IIRC. However, nobody is BORN gay, but at the same time it isn't completely choice, either. Yes, men can be born with certain genes that will, if they are left completely untouched, make them prefer men to women. However, there's a huge number of other genes involved that can counteract some of the homosexual genes, and what you experience in life matters as much as your genes. Even identical twins only turn out about 35% of the time to both be gay if one of them is.

So don't pull that argument if you're on either side, because it's neither choice nor birth, but a mix of the two.

In fact, why is the pro-gay side even pulling the "born with it" argument? That's like saying "oh, they can't help that they were born with this horrible thing, so let's have sympathy for them". That shouldn't even be an issue. Who cares if they were born with it, if they chose it, or if it's a mix of the two? It's not wrong.

EDIT: Homophobia is an extremely irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals, which does not equal being against them. Fear =/= dislike.

Last edited by Larvinator; 07-13-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Hey, for the record, I'm completely for homosexual marriage. Heck, it's already legal in California IIRC. However, nobody is BORN gay, but at the same time it isn't completely choice, either. Yes, men can be born with certain genes that will, if they are left completely untouched, make them prefer men to women. However, there's a huge number of other genes involved that can counteract some of the homosexual genes, and what you experience in life matters as much as your genes. Even identical twins only turn out about 35% of the time to both be gay if one of them is.

So don't pull that argument if you're on either side, because it's neither choice nor birth, but a mix of the two.

Sorry to tell you, but there is no choice with it. You are born with it whether you like it or not. It is something that is beyond identical twins. It is not effected by whether your father or mother is gay. I know that you are not anit-gay, but it is important to understand that.

In fact, why is the pro-gay side even pulling the "born with it" argument? That's like saying "oh, they can't help that they were born with this horrible thing, so let's have sympathy for them". That shouldn't even be an issue. Who cares if they were born with it, if they chose it, or if it's a mix of the two? It's not wrong.

Agree.

EDIT: Homophobia is an extremely irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals, which does not equal being against them. Fear =/= dislike.
The meaning of homophobia has changed to mean anti-gay over time, it can mean both.