Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Cheesy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Obesity

Well I know I'm a new member and all and I probably shouldn't be starting such a heated topic but whatever...

Well what are your thoughts on it? Child Obesity, Adult Obesity, Morbid Obesity, and the most fun topic, super obese!

Well I myself used to have weight problems, no, I wasn't obese, but I was a bit more than chubby xD!

I admit it was embarassing, but I didn't stop eating. I wasn't teased, but who knows what people say behind closed doors. =\

I also lost all my weight, I admit it wasn't and isn't the most healthiest way to, but it was effective. I stopped eating for the most part. When I did eat I got in the ocean and just swam it off. I wasn't manorexic or behemic xD I didn't throw up or get Super skinny! x3
I have a good body now, though!

My thoughts on it in general is that it's too common! Also, the 'I have a slow metabolism' is a tired excuse, It doesn't take much to a get a fast one xD! Most people use that excuse as a scapegoat to eat more when all they're doing is Killing themselves In the most fun way possible!

I don't believe in a lot of the excuses people use =\

Adults have it harder than kids physically, because it's harder to lose the weight, and kids have it harder than adults emotionally because of the pressure and teasing.

I'd like to see other people's opinion before I finish ;)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: Obesity

It's not a good thing, people shouldn't tease others about it really... But fat people running is just... Ok, I'll shut up now.

I am overweight, by a good few kilos or so. I know I need to lose some of it, I'm just a lazy arse.

Apparently, Australia is the heaviest country and I say BULL**** to that! Sure, we have a lot of overweight people, but America... No offense, can boast, the fattest, man, woman AND teenager on earth. >_> Yeah, you guys have a lot more fast food than we do, even if cookies are a sometimes food! :P *Bricked*

Yeah, something does need to be done about it, it's become an epidemic. It's sad, because, people don't realise that they're overweight until they're over 100kgs and addicted to the food they've been eating, just making it harder to diet.

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Cheesy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well the fattest man wasn't born here though xD!

Oh, I think America is the fattest =\
But it's a slow race if everyone is fat!

Btw Mississippi is the fattest state in America, for all you wondering people!

Also I hope the word fat doesn't offend any one ;)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
Well the fattest man wasn't born here though xD!

Oh, I think America is the fattest =\
But it's a slow race if everyone is fat!

Btw Mississippi is the fattest state in America, for all you wondering people!

Also I hope the word fat doesn't offend any one ;)
Meh, I heard it was Texas, oh well!

Yeah, obesity is a problem. I do have weight issues, I'm not like 100 pounds overweight or anything, but I do have weight to lose.

And no worries, I've been teased made fun of and laughed at so many times, it doesn't bother me much anymore.

I think the education system has a role to play in the weight of the youth. I mean in gym/heath we exercise but it's not a "for life" type thing. I doubt that running a mile non-stop will teach us about leaning how to build endurance. It's just "run, and don't stop". They don't teach us about how much water we need to drink while exercising, knowing how long is enough, etc. For two thirds of my grade, gym/heath is a turn off. Yes, some of it is lazyness, but some make a good point. Like how some of us suck at sports and no one tries to help us improve any. Like how the teachers let some cheat. In the end, I think that the heath/gym program does turn off some from exerise ( can't seem to get the splling right)

But it's not all to blame on gym class. After all a good teacher can make marvels with students.

Life itself makes it hars to eat heathy, sometimes. After a long, hard day, it's easier to pop a pizza pop in the micro wave then to make a salad and chicken.

However, there is no excuse. At one point we must all come to terms with the fact that heathy living is in our own hands. I'm doing something about my health, nothin else can. We must take responisbility and quit the excuses. After all, if we chose to blame, point and complain, were only hurting ourselves, at the end of the day.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Cheesy Offline
Amateur Trainer

I know, my school stopped having gym after sixth grade! This year, they gave us a health class, it was just them telling us the food groups and telling us what carbs and calories and fat was which we all already knew. My school is supposed to be a top school, lolnicetryschool

I also know food is very tempting, I try to elimanate the bad things like coke and chips. I've completely wiped coke out of my fridge, but I have a huge weakness for Hot Cheetos ;;
Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Hahaha, I eat quite healthily, no fast food, etc. But I just don't excersise... I'll get onto it, I walk a couple of blocks after school, takes me about 20mins, so yeah... >_> I just eat too many carbs...

Let's see... At school, we have a subject called Health, which our P.E teacher teaches, tells us about what foods are good and... Now we're doing Sex Ed. Joy. Err, yeah, we have a double period of sport, I have it on Friday... And right now, we're doing a Gymnastics - Aquatics thingy, which goes until the end of this term, which is another 9 weeks. So, yeah, we get a good run.

I'm pretty sure we have to do Physical Education for all 12 years of High School, not all that sure though. We did PE from years Prep (which is right after Kindergarten, but before Grade 1 for those who don't know) to Grade 6, at least once a week.

Always compulsory.

I feel sorry for COOKIE MONSTER. Because now... His awesome cookies are only a 'sometimes' food. >_> They shoulda just scrapped the idea and called him Veggie Monster like the rumours said.

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I am like a little chubby, but I put most of it off since December. =O

I eat a good ammount of healthy food, but I eat no veggies because every veggie I tried tastes bad. Dx (And I'm 14 xD)

I find it somewhat disgusting how some people can stand themselves when they are as round as they are tall...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Roy G Biv Offline
Master Trainer

I'm not obese, and I don't by any means hate obese people but I agree whole-heartedly with KFC. I don't understand how people can live their lives as happily as they do when they weigh that much. You have to at least TRY to change, right?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

I'm fat, but my friends call me Kung-Fu Panda. :3333333333 Believe me when I say I could flying kick you in the face.

I'm running on about 170 pounds. I mostly eat a lot and slouch in front of the com a lot, but I'm more agile than quite a number of people. XDXDXD Taekwondo Black Belt + Gymnastics training FTW.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

I do have a slow metabolism.
But,
My body fat percentage is in the late teens; I checked it relatively recently, but I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, I do remember however that anything > 25% (for girls, at least) is considered overweight. So I'm in the healthy zone.

I do weigh ~140 lbs., but my one friend said I carry a lot upstairs ._.;

Scratching that last part, the slow metabolism is no reasonable scapegoat.

Anywaaay, I have heard Texas being the fattest state, as well. The most fit state? I'd have to throw it up with New York and Alaska. I may look it up here in a bit.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

I think slow metabolism is a wonderful scapegoat. ^^; I have it. I'm not fat, but I'm a bit cuddly.

Yes, obesity is unhealthy. But hey, if somebody wants to overindulge or just be fat then it's their business. Let them enjoy life.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
I know, my school stopped having gym after sixth grade!
Oh my God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
Yes, obesity is unhealthy. But hey, if somebody wants to overindulge or just be fat then it's their business. Let them enjoy life.
QFT. It's their fault if they want to be obese. My mom told me how long ago, for both McDonald's and Burger King, one of the things they sold best were fries. Families used to go in for just the fries! They were that good. Then they changed the formula, after figuring out it was too fattening. And they'll never go back. And I wanted to try them, because the kind they have now stink.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

I'm really underweight so I don't have to worry about obesity. :D

And my thoughts on the matter are that if you eat a lot of food you will get fat. So, if you're a fatty, you should make yourself throw up a lot, or else just stop eating all together. There are starving people in Canada who could be eating the food that fat people take up, yet the fat ones take the liberty of eating it all for themselves. For shame!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Well, I was about 20 pounds overweight for about 3 years. Up until this past Febuary, I weighed about 160 pounds. And I was 12 at the time, and about 4'11''. In Febuary, I stopped eating Wheat Gluten, and Dairy Products, and within 3 weeks, I lost 20 pounds. Then, grew 4 inches, so I'm tall, and, a buff figure.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Cheesy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
Oh my God.

QFT. It's their fault if they want to be obese. My mom told me how long ago, for both McDonald's and Burger King, one of the things they sold best were fries. Families used to go in for just the fries! They were that good. Then they changed the formula, after figuring out it was too fattening. And they'll never go back. And I wanted to try them, because the kind they have now stink.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Well we have physical alternatives to Gym, you know, but I liked gym, dodgeball ftw! Though the running... xD

I like their fries, but they're still the most fattening thing on there menu! Wendy's has mildly healthier Fries xD! Not by much though!

Azumoa
Yea that's true, some people just don't care, and I guess if they know what they're doing and are willing to take the risks in gaining 500 lbs, let them do it! xD!

adreniline
I know I feel so sorry for the canadiens ;;

Last edited by Cheesy; 07-19-2008 at 01:45 AM.