Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Loveydovey Offline

Send a message via MSN to Loveydovey
Default Re: Obesity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
That, and they probably jump around a lot more than you do. :S
I'm not overweight. :) I used to be and I was still much more active than most people who were underweight. It's not about how much you jump around.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Two words, ladies and gentlemen. Two words.

Corn Syrup.

That crap is in virtually everything there is to eat and drink, and for pointless reasons as well. And yeah, hate to say it, but food companies stuff it in there all the time to make things taste sweeter and delicious. That way, everyone gets fat, wants to eat more, and therefore they buy more food and companies get richer.

Unfortunately, most Americans are too busy with jobs and responsibilities to take notice of these things. We don't have the time to cook our own meals anymore, so people run off and get something quick at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, Burger King for lunch, and so on. And time for exercising doesn't exist anymore either.

As for myself, I avoid fattening foods like a PLAGUE. I'm 6'4" and at 165 pounds, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Right now, I am enjoying life, but once I pay for my own roof over my head, I will be taking over my life. Diet, exercise, the works. Some people say diets don't work. My dad's lost thirty pounds by dieting in a couple months. >D

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Making of fun of someone for obesity is wrong of course but you should really not feel bad for some of them. Most of them put it upon themselves with poor diet lack of excersize exct.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Also Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrocks126 View Post
Making of fun of someone for obesity is wrong of course but you should really not feel bad for some of them. Most of them put it upon themselves with poor diet lack of excersize exct.
Exactly, I used to be overweight but I decided to try to get fit. No I'm well sort of in between. I'm losing weight and hopefully it'll continue that way.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

Alot of the American obesity problem stems from the fact that the entirety of the American society is degrading and decaying at a disturbingly rapid pace.

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

There are several factors in obesity.....

-Exercise. Not just Americans, but all major countries (China, Austrailia, Mexico, etc.) probably need to exercise more. With more and more useful technology coming out, Earth will soon make it possible to live without exercising your muscles (if we're not careful).

-Diet. The modern diet consists mostly of sweets, and not enough proteins and vegetables and such. Even with a tight schedule, if you have an hour on your hands you can spend your time at a refined restaraunt, rather than a McDonald's.

-Stuff I can't think of at the moment. XP

Btw, I'm 11 and weigh about 80 pounds. I'm also about 4'11". I used to be underweight just a year ago, weighing in at about 60 pounds, so I don't believe I'm overweight.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Also Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post

-Exercise. Not just Americans, but all major countries (China, Austrailia, Mexico, etc.) probably need to exercise more. With more and more useful technology coming out, Earth will soon make it possible to live without exercising your muscles (if we're not careful).

-Diet. The modern diet consists mostly of sweets, and not enough proteins and vegetables and such. Even with a tight schedule, if you have an hour on your hands you can spend your time at a refined restaraunt, rather than a McDonald's.

Btw, I'm 11 and weigh about 80 pounds. I'm also about 4'11". I used to be underweight just a year ago, weighing in at about 60 pounds, so I don't believe I'm overweight.
No your not but you are right about what you said. Most of the food available consists of fat and such. That's why I don't eat chips, ice cream, cake or any junk food. Only fruits and sometimes vegatables is my diet. The way I look now, many think I don't need to go on a diet but I can't ever be too careful considering I was overweight once.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Some more problems are:

~High-Fryctose Corn Syrup
~Way too large servings

I myself eat a alot of food, but stay healthy since most of it is healthy stuff. (Although high in calories...)
Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Hippopotasjunkie Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hippopotasjunkie Send a message via Yahoo to Hippopotasjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Some more problems are:

~High-Fryctose Corn Syrup
~Way too large servings

I myself eat a alot of food, but stay healthy since most of it is healthy stuff. (Although high in calories...)
IM sorry but there's people named KFC and cheesy on the obesity bardsXD
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaygc View Post
Alot of the American obesity problem stems from the fact that the entirety of the American society is degrading and decaying at a disturbingly rapid pace.
I think it's more like a lack of exercise and eating foods with too much sugars...
Old 07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post

Don't forget psychological disorders. Being an emotional eater sucks. D:

I'm not obese, but I'm not at a healthy weight either. :P But then again, I don't know what the "healthy" weight of a 5' 5" woman should be. XD

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

some of those kids just gotta exercise its not that hard. i mean i understand that you are insecure about your self but try. some one will be happy that they are trying to loose weight.

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant527 View Post
some of those kids just gotta exercise its not that hard. i mean i understand that you are insecure about your self but try. some one will be happy that they are trying to loose weight.
Depending on where you live, that can be hard though. If you live in a crowded city, its a lot harder to enjoy going for a run, and nearly impossible to actually have a good pace. And gym at school for the most part is nowhere near intense enough to help much.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:59 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Contrary to this whole thread, I HAVE to eat like a pig right around now to inusure I'm not gonna puke or run out of gas out on the football field, or when I'm lifting. Then I come back and have to eat a big meal to replenish my body so I don't feel sick.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Pichu Lord Offline

i'll check the weight of your average person depended on height and age,

i'll edit my post when i find someones average weight thingy

for Wandering mew, your average weight should be between 113-138lbs

oh and i'm 80 lbs and 4'9", maybe 4'10"

Pichu has a 50ft sword that will make you sushi if you don't give him his cookie

Last edited by Pichu Lord; 08-17-2008 at 03:33 AM.