Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: What do you hate the most about Brawl?
Items- Too cheap 1 2.17%
Lucario- Replaced Mewtwo 4 8.70%
Lucario/Mewtwo Fanboys- They need to STFU 6 13.04%
Speed- "Too slooooow!"-Sonic 1 2.17%
Sonic- Like, the cheapest character evar 2 4.35%
Final Smashes- Aren't awesome enough/they are cheap 2 4.35%
Roster- Too many/too little 3 6.52%
Fox/Falco/Wolf- Furry clones are unoriginal 1 2.17%
Megaman wasn't in Brawl 0 0%
Shadow wasn't in Brawl 2 4.35%
Mudkipz wasn't in Brawl 4 8.70%
The stages are horrible 0 0%
Gets boring after a while 1 2.17%
Brawl Fanboys 4 8.70%
The music is annoying 0 0%
Those darn stickers 3 6.52%
Sudden death matches 0 0%
Only on Wii 1 2.17%
I dn't have Brawl ;_; 5 10.87%
Other 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha
Default What do you hate most about Brawl?

For me it's both items AND Final Smashes. They are for losers who can't win anyway else but by geting a cheap kill.

EDIT: Oops, no poll. How do I fix that?

EDIT: HAHAHA, DISREGARD THAT, I MADE A POLL.

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^

Last edited by Apocrypha; 08-09-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Default Re: What do you hate most about Brawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
For me it's both items AND Final Smashes. They are for losers who can't win anyway else but by geting a cheap kill.

EDIT: Oops, no poll. How do I fix that?
I know they are for people who can't win nor fight but they are fun to use. I hate that Nintendo didn't add Mewtwo to the character roster, it would have been awesome if they did.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holumanto View Post
I know they are for people who can't win nor fight but they are fun to use. I hate that Nintendo didn't add Mewtwo to the character roster, it would have been awesome if they did.
I hate the idiots who have to bash Lucario and his fanbase because mewtwo didn't get a spot. I'm not necessarily talking about you, but there are rabid mewtwo fanboys out there who draw all kinds of disrespectful pictures. There's even anti-Lucario hentai out there. The people who drew these pictures are worthless human beings.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
I hate the idiots who have to bash Lucario and his fanbase because mewtwo didn't get a spot. I'm not necessarily talking about you, but there are rabid mewtwo fanboys out there who draw all kinds of disrespectful pictures. There's even anti-Lucario hentai out there. The people who drew these pictures are worthless human beings.
Wunschkind feels strongly about these matters.

Anyways, the thing I hate most of all about brawl is the fact that loads of people make threads on various forums I frequent and I can't post in them because I don't have Brawl.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Hihi Offline
Elite Trainer

Well.....

1) I Wish They Kept Mewtwo. ( I Like Lucario, too.)
2) I Liked Mario's Moves In Melee Better. D:
3) I Lost My Brawl. DDD:
Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

SPEED! Why the devil did they make the game feel so slow? That's the part that kills me, because Brawl is a game that really should be fast and furious. If there was something in-between normal and lightning mode, I'd be perfectly happy there, but unfortunately that's not the case.

As for Final Smashes, some characters have good ones, others have horrible ones. Truthfully, I think the game was way better off without them, but ah, at least you can turn them off.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
SPEED! Why the devil did they make the game feel so slow? That's the part that kills me, because Brawl is a game that really should be fast and furious. If there was something in-between normal and lightning mode, I'd be perfectly happy there, but unfortunately that's not the case.

As for Final Smashes, some characters have good ones, others have horrible ones. Truthfully, I think the game was way better off without them, but ah, at least you can turn them off.
The Final Smash is a good idea that was poorly executed. I'd like it if they were used like fatalities in Mortal Kombat (less violent, of course) or something. "Final Smash" sounds like a finishing move, not a move that randomly turns the tide of a match.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 PM
pokeman Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to pokeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

I think the final smashes and items are the best part about brawl, they are really awesome, epic and incredibelly fun. It's not about winning, and not about having fun either, it's about just smashing and beating the crap out of your foe.

Quote:
The Final Smash is a good idea that was poorly executed. I'd like it if they were used like fatalities in Mortal Kombat (less violent, of course) or something. "Final Smash" sounds like a finishing move, not a move that randomly turns the tide of a match.
most final smashes ARE finishing moves, instant KO's

(Credit for sprites goes to DRCD)
Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Quote:
I actually like Lucario but you got to admit. Having both Lucario and Mewtwo on there would be awesome. But yeah there are some people like that. (My sister is like that.)
Old 08-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I hate everything about Brawl.

It is way overrated, and melee was much better. The only good thing about Brawl is Wi-fi, and a couple new characters. (Most sucked though...)
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

I don't hate the removal of many advanced techniques, as the game still has some depth to it, but it upset me a bit. The game got a lot slower, and the characters got a lot floatier, which made it a bit more boring, as well.

Completely unrelated:

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all Super Smash Bros. characters are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Kanto the sons of former Mewtwo players and the sons of former Lucario players will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the forum of PE2K, a board sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that Mewtwo and Lucario will one day be in a game where they will not be judged by their appearance and rabid fanboys but the depth of their moveset.

I have a dream today.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring View Post
I have a dream that Mewtwo and Lucario will one day be in a game where they will not be judged by their appearance and rabid fanboys but the depth of their moveset.
Lucario still wins. ;)

I'm not a rabid ranboy. I'm simply making a point. I could link you to some of those pics (I'd have to turn images off on my browser to retrieve them), but I'd probably be banhammered for doing so.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Hippopotasjunkie Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hippopotasjunkie Send a message via Yahoo to Hippopotasjunkie

1.) It only lasted me like a month and a half it just wasnt addicitve enough
2.) i thought the online play would be so much more complex its too basic and unfun
Old 08-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Tyler Birch Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
Wunschkind feels strongly about these matters.

Anyways, the thing I hate most of all about brawl is the fact that loads of people make threads on various forums I frequent and I can't post in them because I don't have Brawl.
lol I could see how that might frustrate you Oni xD

Old 08-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

I dislike how many people just go like "It sucks. Get. Rock. Band. Nao!11". I mean, don't judge a video game by it's demo, right? :P
I also dislike how they brought back the bad Metroid stage instead of Brinstar Depths.