Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: What do you hate the most about Brawl?
Items- Too cheap 1 2.17%
Lucario- Replaced Mewtwo 4 8.70%
Lucario/Mewtwo Fanboys- They need to STFU 6 13.04%
Speed- "Too slooooow!"-Sonic 1 2.17%
Sonic- Like, the cheapest character evar 2 4.35%
Final Smashes- Aren't awesome enough/they are cheap 2 4.35%
Roster- Too many/too little 3 6.52%
Fox/Falco/Wolf- Furry clones are unoriginal 1 2.17%
Megaman wasn't in Brawl 0 0%
Shadow wasn't in Brawl 2 4.35%
Mudkipz wasn't in Brawl 4 8.70%
The stages are horrible 0 0%
Gets boring after a while 1 2.17%
Brawl Fanboys 4 8.70%
The music is annoying 0 0%
Those darn stickers 3 6.52%
Sudden death matches 0 0%
Only on Wii 1 2.17%
I dn't have Brawl ;_; 5 10.87%
Other 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: What do you hate most about Brawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
EDIT: Oops, no poll. How do I fix that?

Go to Thread Tools. There will be an option in there to add a poll.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

They totally nerfed Mario, and the roster wasn't the best, but some of the new characters owned.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Neon_Espeon Offline
Elite Trainer

The Wi-Fi was pretty crappy, some of the characters felt clone-ish to me(Lucas, Wolf, ect.... They WERE pretty cool additions though), and Sonic felt like last minute Fan Service(to me anyhow. =p)

That's pretty much It. I don't really care about how "ZHOMG CHEEPZ" some/all of the Items and stages(BSIDZ FINUL DESTAHNAYSHUN!!1 >:o)were. =p Aren't Items like, one of the main POINTS of Smash Brothers, anyways? >_>
Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Toon Link was a waste of roster that should have been left to somebody worthwhile. Seriously. At least Zero Suit Samus wasn't a goddamned clone and had an interesting mechanic to her, meaning the Final Smash character-switch.

Oh, and Mewtwo. Mewtwo should so totally have been in there.

That, the fact there that are THREE goddamned Landmasters. THREE. What the hell?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I hate the Cracker Launcher, the lack of variety in the Starfox Final Smashes, the slower feel, and how they nerfed Samus. (Regular, not Zero Suit)
Old 08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

in my opinion

1) REMOVE JIGGLYPUFF AND REPLACE WITH MEWTWO
2) INCREASE SPEED
3)give Sonic a better moveset, he's not that great
4) give gannondorf his own moves, not just clone him from cap.falcon
5)give wario a good final smash (say, a gargantuan fart that destroys the screen?)
6) the game was good enough withought final smashes, but they are fun to watch when people try to scatter from giga bowser or super sonic
7) too slow, i agree with all who have said it previously. only people who are fast enough for me are Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Wario (motorcycle ftw)
8) should've replaced yoshi with ridley as a playable character.......or rayquaza :P

i say Lucario and Mewtwo would have been good to have together in Brawl. i also say that Ridley and Rayquaza should be playable. mebey unlock by doing allstar with a certain number of people
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
Oh, and Mewtwo. Mewtwo should so totally have been in there.
I'd rather open up gamers to the new generations of Pokemon, rather than load the game with 1st generation has-beens.

Keep Lucario, keep Pikachu (I don't want to, but it's the so-called "mascot"), ditch the Trainer and Jigglypuff, add Blaziken and a 2nd generation Pokemon (preferably Scizor or Celebi).
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
I'd rather open up gamers to the new generations of Pokemon, rather than load the game with 1st generation has-beens.

Keep Lucario, keep Pikachu (I don't want to, but it's the so-called "mascot"), ditch the Trainer and Jigglypuff, add Blaziken and a 2nd generation Pokemon (preferably Scizor or Celebi).
There are some things we call the classics. Maybe you fail to understand that. How about we ditch G&W and Ness while we're at it as well? Oh, what the heck, how about we drop Solid Snake? He only featured in one really old game after all. Four had Old Snake. The same guy, but totally different abilities.

I agree with Jigglypuff being lame and Scizor being a better choice though.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:06 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

The damnedable hype of it.

The fanboyism around it is just ridiculous. It's a good game that you can have fun with, but for so many people to call it the "best game ever" and "ultimate game for the Wii" is just god-frick-crap ridiculous.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
The damnedable hype of it.

The fanboyism around it is just ridiculous. It's a good game that you can have fun with, but for so many people to call it the "best game ever" and "ultimate game for the Wii" is just god-frick-crap ridiculous.
you win the prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy
There are some things we call the classics. Maybe you fail to understand that. How about we ditch G&W and Ness while we're at it as well? Oh, what the heck, how about we drop Solid Snake? He only featured in one really old game after all. Four had Old Snake. The same guy, but totally different abilities.

I agree with Jigglypuff being lame and Scizor being a better choice though.
I disagree. I consider mewtwo more of a marketing ploy than a "classic". It only got popular because of the whole "omg str0ng35t pokeman ever!!1!" thing. Also, mewtwo's design isn't fit for a fighting game. Lucario on the other hand, is a martial arts master. To me, it's pretty obvious who was the better choice. I mean, I like Xatu, but he would be a terrible character in Brawl. A lot of Pokemon just don't have designs that are fit for a fighting game.

Ness is huge in Japan I guess. The Japanese fanbase matters too. Lucario was huge in Japan and his movie was a smash hit there, and that's probably why he got in (I'm not gonna argue with their decision though )
Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Quote:
I disagree. I consider mewtwo more of a marketing ploy than a "classic". It only got popular because of the whole "omg str0ng35t pokeman ever!!1!" thing. Also, mewtwo's design isn't fit for a fighting game. Lucario on the other hand, is a martial arts master. To me, it's pretty obvious who was the better choice. I mean, I like Xatu, but he would be a terrible character in Brawl. A lot of Pokemon just don't have designs that are fit for a fighting game.

Ness is huge in Japan I guess. The Japanese fanbase matters too. Lucario was huge in Japan and his movie was a smash hit there, and that's probably why he got in (I'm not gonna argue with their decision though )
How about the fact that it was the only remotely dark story in Pokemon, both in the game and anime? The manga had plenty of that kind of stuff, so Mewtwo was hardly emphasised as much. Oh, do I have to mention I love the Mewtwo in the manga as well, even though it got really little hype until the Fire Red and Leaf Green arc?

The two Mewtwo movies were the best thing that happened to the Pokemon anime, and I'm sure many would agree.

And if you think Mewtwo is a poor design for a fighting game, you need to read the manga. You also need to play more Marvel VS Capcom. Servbot? Megaman? Sentinel? Shuma-Gorath? Blackheart? How are those anything like characters for a fighter?
Guess what? They worked.

It's all a matter of application. Hell, no normal person would put Samus in a fighting game. Guess what?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
How about the fact that it was the only remotely dark story in Pokemon, both in the game and anime? The manga had plenty of that kind of stuff, so Mewtwo was hardly emphasised as much. Oh, do I have to mention I love the Mewtwo in the manga as well, even though it got really little hype until the Fire Red and Leaf Green arc?

The two Mewtwo movies were the best thing that happened to the Pokemon anime, and I'm sure many would agree.

And if you think Mewtwo is a poor design for a fighting game, you need to read the manga. You also need to play more Marvel VS Capcom. Servbot? Megaman? Sentinel? Shuma-Gorath? Blackheart? How are those anything like characters for a fighter?
Guess what? They worked.

It's all a matter of application. Hell, no normal person would put Samus in a fighting game. Guess what?
mewtwo has short, stubby legs and child-bearing hips. If you had the choice between that thing or a martial arts master who has the ability to manipulate Aura, which would you choose? Also, characters such as Megaman, Motaro in Mortal Kombat ect. don't have the "ideal design", but they were designed to be fighters. mewtwo can use it's little psychic powers, but it can't fight hand-to-hand.

Metroid has no better representatives. Pokemon does.

Did I mention that I HATE mewtwo? Give me Dunsparce or Feebas over that thing any day.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Quote:
mewtwo has short, stubby legs and child-bearing hips. If you had the choice between that thing or a martial arts master who has the ability to manipulate Aura, which would you choose? Also, characters such as Megaman, Motaro in Mortal Kombat ect. don't have the "ideal design", but they were designed to be fighters. mewtwo can use it's little psychic powers, but it can't fight hand-to-hand.

Metroid has no better representatives. Pokemon does.

Did I mention that I HATE mewtwo? Give me Dunsparce or Feebas over that thing any day.
How about I tell you to read the manga?
Guess what, Mewtwo's moveset is excellent there.

And nobody cares about your irrational Mewtwo hate.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Changing topic before our Mewtwo/Lucario fanboys start a Brawl... (pun, anyone?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Espeon View Post
The Wi-Fi was pretty crappy, some of the characters felt clone-ish to me(Lucas, Wolf, ect.... They WERE pretty cool additions though), and Sonic felt like last minute Fan Service(to me anyhow. =p)

That's pretty much It. I don't really care about how "ZHOMG CHEEPZ" some/all of the Items and stages(BSIDZ FINUL DESTAHNAYSHUN!!1 >:o)were. =p Aren't Items like, one of the main POINTS of Smash Brothers, anyways? >_>
Lucas and Wolf are really far from being clones. Aside from their special attacks (which in most cases work very differently from their counterparts'), Wolf's moveset is completely different from Fox/Falco's, and he's much heavier, while Lucas shares just one other move with Ness (his Almighty Stick).

As for what I hate about Brawl, I would have to mention Wi-Fi and the Stage Creator. Not that I really hate either, but I think there was a lot more that could have been done to make them better, such as more themes for stages.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/

Last edited by Elrond; 08-01-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
How about I tell you to read the manga?
Guess what, Mewtwo's moveset is excellent there.
... and how many people read the magna? Compare that number to the number of people that play the games. Lucario can fight. mewtwo can't.

Lucario is also a martial arts master. mewtwo isn't. Lucario is obviously the better representative.

Quote:
And nobody cares about your irrational Mewtwo hate.
I have my reasons. The kicking and screaming, the violent hate-art, the blorf pics... it's added up.