Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Fenix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Fenix
Default Re: Park Rangers, and Ranger-related Information

I'm glad to see something that will bring Anime style battles back into the heart of URPG, and after reading through all of the posts and information, I have decided that I would be interested in becoming a Ranger.

As far as RP samples, I'm afraid I have none. However, I do have two URPG stories in lieu of said sample.

Smoke and Mirrors

Ignition

I would also like to note, without sounding pushy or anything of the sort, that I am more than willing to help out with any areas that I may be useful in. : ]
Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Yay, more shmoes. Go look up the definition by the way, its not meant to be anything bad. At least not the way I'm using it.

Splish, you kinda never got back to me when I asked for some stuff about your past writing history, but Tiana has showed me some of your posts and you're good. Just, would have been nice to have you show this to me, not somebody else.

Also, I'd prefer to not use PMs if I can avoid it, and use messengers. There's just some things I'd prefer to keep off-forum until the Park goes fully "live" and things are done for the first time, to set a standard for the future. It's a work in progress, especially since this is totally different from the ASB it's based on, so I'm actually going to be learning this system with you guys, too. A lot of patience is going to be needed in the coming times. Lots of things to iron out and fine tune with this.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Yay, more shmoes. Go look up the definition by the way, its not meant to be anything bad. At least not the way I'm using it.

Splish, you kinda never got back to me when I asked for some stuff about your past writing history, but Tiana has showed me some of your posts and you're good. Just, would have been nice to have you show this to me, not somebody else.

Also, I'd prefer to not use PMs if I can avoid it, and use messengers. There's just some things I'd prefer to keep off-forum until the Park goes fully "live" and things are done for the first time, to set a standard for the future. It's a work in progress, especially since this is totally different from the ASB it's based on, so I'm actually going to be learning this system with you guys, too. A lot of patience is going to be needed in the coming times. Lots of things to iron out and fine tune with this.
That's cool, I understand about the whole messenger thing.

And, er, sorry about the writing history thing - I was under the impression you had asked for it just for that role play group you had created, and I couldn't be bothered to produce/collect some writing samples for a goal that wasn't at the top of my priorities - heh, sorry, it was very rude of me not to reply with at least an explanation. No hard feelings? ^^

*Looks up shmoes on dictionary.com*

Quote:
A stupid or obnoxious person.
;_;

That hurts.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:08 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

It's cool I guess. At least you admit it was rude. I thought so.

And really, I don't mean shmoe like it sounds. It's just people, average people. Just people. I like the word. It's funny when I say it, and I like funny. "Just some shmoe." Would you prefer I used posse? Sounds too gangster. It's just for fun, really.

Oh yea, by the way, Fenix an I have been talking a lot and she has some great ideas which we're still kinda working out, just by talking about them. Just need to bounce ideas around. Fenix ftw.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
It's cool I guess. At least you admit it was rude. I thought so.

And really, I don't mean shmoe like it sounds. It's just people, average people. Just people. I like the word. It's funny when I say it, and I like funny. "Just some shmoe." Would you prefer I used posse? Sounds too gangster. It's just for fun, really.

Oh yea, by the way, Fenix an I have been talking a lot and she has some great ideas which we're still kinda working out, just by talking about them. Just need to bounce ideas around. Fenix ftw.
Heh, just be sure to share em with us.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

=D

I is are apply! And I haven't taken the ref test, but I know how to use the calc and stuff, so I'm sure I can be useful XD.

Oh, do the Rangers RP the wild Mon, or do the Trainers RP them? And can Trainers interact with each other, or do they always have to be on their own? I think it'd be neat to be able to meet up with another Trainer and maybe hunt for Pokemon and battle them together or something. I dunno lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
=D

I is are apply! And I haven't taken the ref test, but I know how to use the calc and stuff, so I'm sure I can be useful XD.

Oh, do the Rangers RP the wild Mon, or do the Trainers RP them? And can Trainers interact with each other, or do they always have to be on their own? I think it'd be neat to be able to meet up with another Trainer and maybe hunt for Pokemon and battle them together or something. I dunno lol.
I hope I can clear those doubts of yours.

Rangers RP most of the important turns.
-Determining the Wild Pokemon
-Reffing each turn, marking Trainer's each RP Post.
Clicky here for more info.

About the second one, I ain't sure about that. Ask Tiana or Bron about that.
Although I have to say Jess, that would be fun. I'd love to travel with you in the Park one day! ;33

Old 09-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Just making sure: being a ranger means that you're unable to use the Park as a normal trainer and capture a Pokemon? Or, is it perfectly acceptable? Sorry if it's already been cleared up, but it's kind of late here. xP
Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splishee View Post
Just making sure: being a ranger means that you're unable to use the Park as a normal trainer and capture a Pokemon? Or, is it perfectly acceptable? Sorry if it's already been cleared up, but it's kind of late here. xP

You can still make your own character in the Sign-Up thread.
You just have to get another Ranger to help RP with you. It's perfectly alright, I think :o

You do know who I am, right katie ;_;

Last edited by Trainer17; 09-01-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
You can still make your own character in the Sign-Up thread. You just have to get another Ranger to help RP with you. It's perfectly alright.

You do know who I am, right katie ;_;
:o

Yessir, Sam!

<3

Thanks for the awesome answer. :)
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splishee View Post
:o

Yessir, Sam!

<3

Thanks for the awesome answer. :)
Well, If you guys got any more questions rolling in your head, post them out here.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Can I be a Rangerr? This would reallyyy help me get back into URPG, roleplaying is me life. I'm always trying to improve my roleplaying so this could be of some help, my grammar will be better than that in this post. :P

If you need examples, I can dig up the ones I gave you last time, I also have new ones.. :0 & I do know how to use the ref calc., somewhat, I just don't feel up/ good enough to even try out to become a ref.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Last edited by Caecity; 09-01-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Harharhar, I'd like to be a Ranger. At the moment, I am a ref and a grader, although I haven't RP'ed in awhile, (last time I went away for a week, and I couldn't hop back in ^.^;;) but I was rather active in the RP section. Give me a copuple minutes, and I can pull up some of my latest URPG stories for examples of my writing...

EDIT:

Sibling Rivalry
Crossing Boundaries
Cry from the Mysterious

Last edited by Stinky; 09-01-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
bronislav84 Offline

You're all in.

And Sam, this is the thread for anything related to Rangers, not Discussion, or can't you tell?

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Ehh, I wanna be in! I guess I can RP good. :3 And I even found some examples.

Yepp. Check in RP sample.

Though will all these high-classed RPers, I'm a bit scared. D:

Last edited by RawrIsMyMiddleName; 09-01-2008 at 10:41 PM.