Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Park Discussion Lounge (URPG Related Questions, Park Style)

Look at RPing in this way: it's basically an interactive story, one that not only you, but everyone taking part, help develop. You don't come up with the whole plot on your own, but going by what others contribute to the story. Just read a few recent RPs, then read some stories or fics, and you'll see what I mean.

Just as anyone can learn to write, anyone can learn to RP, because they're both essentially the same thing. This isn't about catering to one group of people. If that were true, the same thing could be said about Stories: that they cater only to people who can write well. We all know that's not true.

As for the stats issue, why not just use our current URPG stats for them? We already have what, five posts we're allowed to have here for our stats? Why not use one for Park Stats, or increase the number we're allowed to have to seven or so? I personally don't have a limit, since I use Probaords, but it could work well for people who have their stats here.

For Honey, have it be something you can buy from the Ranger for X amount of money. This keeps people from having to have a Combee to get Honey.

Bron, get on AIM, and I can talk with you more about stuff ^^. I wantz to contributez!

EDIT: So can we meet up with others who are currently in the Park and RP with them? From the way you say it, it sounds like we can, and that'd be pwn.

Also, say X Ranger wants to go into the Park, but is currently guiding another Trainer through. Could we both go through it and lead another at the same time? Or would we have to wait till we finished one or the other?

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-03-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Mmmm, as I see it, this can be compared to a Live Action Roleplaying Game or a tabletop that involves more than just 5 people.

There is one overarching storyline that encompasses various groups and individuals. The Ranger (some would call him Game Master) is part of the group that helps coordinate the efforts and decisions of all the trainers in the park with each other. One action might have an effect elsewhere. It is up to the rangers to keep track of what's going on and make sure that their trainer experiences everything that happens.

The quote system will be very useful in this case. Rangers and trainers should probably use it often to keep track of who's doing what.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Look at RPing in this way: it's basically an interactive story, one that not only you, but everyone taking part, help develop. You don't come up with the whole plot on your own, but going by what others contribute to the story. Just read a few recent RPs, then read some stories or fics, and you'll see what I mean.

Just as anyone can learn to write, anyone can learn to RP, because they're both essentially the same thing. This isn't about catering to one group of people. If that were true, the same thing could be said about Stories: that they cater only to people who can write well. We all know that's not true.

As for the stats issue, why not just use our current URPG stats for them? We already have what, five posts we're allowed to have here for our stats? Why not use one for Park Stats, or increase the number we're allowed to have to seven or so? I personally don't have a limit, since I use Probaords, but it could work well for people who have their stats here.

For Honey, have it be something you can buy from the Ranger for X amount of money. This keeps people from having to have a Combee to get Honey.

Bron, get on AIM, and I can talk with you more about stuff ^^. I wantz to contributez!

EDIT: So can we meet up with others who are currently in the Park and RP with them? From the way you say it, it sounds like we can, and that'd be pwn.

Also, say X Ranger wants to go into the Park, but is currently guiding another Trainer through. Could we both go through it and lead another at the same time? Or would we have to wait till we finished one or the other?
What the lady says is right. Listen to her guys.

TT what is this about stats issue? I don't remember there being an issue. Five posts? Where are you getting this? I'm sorry, I have no clue where it's coming from.

I will add Honey to the Mart right now before I go.

Yes, people can meet up and stuff. It's fun.

And Rangers can have two characters, one for their Ranger duties and one for their Trainer, so they can do both at once.

I'm sorry TT but this will be my last post before school, so I cannot get on AIM. Maybe tonight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Mmmm, as I see it, this can be compared to a Live Action Roleplaying Game or a tabletop that involves more than just 5 people.

There is one overarching storyline that encompasses various groups and individuals. The Ranger (some would call him Game Master) is part of the group that helps coordinate the efforts and decisions of all the trainers in the park with each other. One action might have an effect elsewhere. It is up to the rangers to keep track of what's going on and make sure that their trainer experiences everything that happens.

The quote system will be very useful in this case. Rangers and trainers should probably use it often to keep track of who's doing what.
Harry you have the right idea.

Y'all can meet me at about 9PM eastern time. I finish school at 5PM but mom wants to go to Macys after. TT I'd love to hear your ideas.

Harry we need to talk about all the stuff I PMed you. I know you've read it.

And last but certainly not least, I have made BIIIIIG updates to the Rules, the Signups, and the RP thread, so head over there now to take a look! Also a small change to the Mart, cookie to the person who finds it! More to come soon so stay tuned!
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post

TT what is this about stats issue? I don't remember there being an issue. Five posts? Where are you getting this? I'm sorry, I have no clue where it's coming from.
My bad, I thought people were having a hissy fit over what to do with stats, when it was mostly about what to do with "seperate" RPs. But the issue was brought up a few times, I believe.

And yeah, when the rules were updated (this was when the Items like Hyper Potion were removed from the general Mart, and other interesting stuff happened), it was agreed that people could have a few more posts for their stats. I was figuring that if it became a big issue on what to do about peoples' Park Stats (since it'll be easier for people to keep track of their own things, instead of Rangers having to do all of it), they could just use a post in their stats for the Park stuff. Or Harry could let the post count go up by one or two to be devoted entirely to Park stuff. It would keep any of the boards from being cluttered, since these things would be added to pre-existing posts.

Heh, I've got a few ideas to use for my RP char, I just can't decide who to use ;_;...

Oh, what's this "test" Fenix was working on? I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but I've gotta go to bed soon and don't feel like reading through the thread >>...

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post

Oh, what's this "test" Fenix was working on? I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but I've gotta go to bed soon and don't feel like reading through the thread >>...
It's something like the Grader's Quiz, Ref Test, just to see if you qualify to become a Ranger.

Heh, I can still quote over what Bron said to me at AIM, which convinced me that this RP is catering to one group of people. But no, I don't wish to ruin anything or even complain/spam or whatever you call it. Bron worked hard for this. So I won't intrude much.

I'll just sit here and do my part around the URPG, nothing more. Bron, do me a favor and remove me from the Ranger List. I know I still have to go through the test, but as I told you, I ain't even a good RP player, or will I even become one. If you have any other work around the National Park, I'll be glad to help. Other than that, pretty much nothing from me. Thanks.

-Sam

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 09-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Trainer you can also add to that quote the part where I offered to teach you and critique you when you said you suck. Please don't withhold info man. Just because the good writers are what this is aimed at doesn't mean people with sub par skills (Like you claim to have) can't participate.

I'm writing this with a clearer head now, and yes, people with sub par skills can still practice and learn and participate just fine.

There's been at least three or four posts from others saying "You can learn to write, just give it a chance" but all I'm seeing from you is that you think you're bad. Come on man, are you really giving up without trying? At least try to climb the steep hill first before saying you can't do it. Who knows man, maybe you'll manage?

I'm probably babbling though. It's just not what I'd expect from somebody who told me they wanted to see the park succeed and help get it there.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
And rusty I really think more than 2 Co-Owners is too much, but I've already said I trust you on stuff so sure, what did you have in mind? There isn't much to do right now (Not till the RP starts), honestly.
Dare I ask what the position title yields? Call me Park Gamesmaster and call it a day, any title has the same power in which is needed at the moment; approving Sign-Ups and starting up the RP, since you need someone to do a lot of work on this in your stead, since we only have a finite amount of time for preparation...
Old 09-04-2008, 02:08 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Dude Rangers are already Game Masters. I still need to write up the exact powers of Rangers, but let's just say that Rangers are on par with a D&D Game Master already. Quite litterally with what I'm planning.

I can't decide on a name for this rank man, or it's limits. I need to finish the rules on the powers of the staff before this though, and add the starting off story to the Plot. I'd do it now, but I'm afraid I still haven't slept.

School was a drag, it's a hot day, and tomorrow I have school early. When I have more time tomorrow after school, I will add more details to what's missing, probably finish it. Y'all don't mind waiting another day, I hope? I don't have school Fridays, so I can start as soon as I get home tomorrow with mom from Macys (We didn't go today cause it was so hot), and I will.

Oh and Harry, I'm sorry but I have try to go to sleep early tonight. I did some work on the stuff that's missing, I hope that's enough to count for something, that I'm making progress toward opening this very soon. I haven't slept and I've been under a lot of pressure.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Trainer you can also add to that quote the part where I offered to teach you and critique you when you said you suck. Please don't withhold info man. Just because the good writers are what this is aimed at doesn't mean people with sub par skills (Like you claim to have) can't participate.

I'm writing this with a clearer head now, and yes, people with sub par skills can still practice and learn and participate just fine.

There's been at least three or four posts from others saying "You can learn to write, just give it a chance" but all I'm seeing from you is that you think you're bad. Come on man, are you really giving up without trying? At least try to climb the steep hill first before saying you can't do it. Who knows man, maybe you'll manage?

I'm probably babbling though. It's just not what I'd expect from somebody who told me they wanted to see the park succeed and help get it there.
Heh, Alright. I'll see what I can do. Even If I fail the test, I'll do some contribution to this Park. Peace.

-Sam

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Dude Rangers are already Game Masters. I still need to write up the exact powers of Rangers, but let's just say that Rangers are on par with a D&D Game Master already. Quite litterally with what I'm planning.
No, its one word Gamesmaster, meaning master of the game within the park. There's a difference. :P

Either way, mind if I start accepting Sign-Ups and taking Mart Orders?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:37 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
No, its one word Gamesmaster, meaning master of the game within the park. There's a difference. :P

Either way, mind if I start accepting Sign-Ups and taking Mart Orders?

Anyone accepting Sign-Ups and taking Mart Orders needs to be approved by Bron and the council. The mart orders are already being carried out by people approved for the URPG mart. As for Sign-Ups, the plot has yet to be posted.

We're taking things step by step.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Actually Harry, people on the Ranger list have been doing the Park Mart orders up till now. It's just math man, do you really care if they didn't pass Tracy's test yet? Would be kinda silly to have to redo all the orders, no?

I'm ok with putting up rusty to Supervisor, but he's being pretty demanding about it.......
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
I'm ok with putting up rusty to Supervisor, but he's being pretty demanding about it.......
I'm not being demanding, I just want to get stuff done, if that's okay. :P
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I edited the information about Honey. The Pokemon are listed from easy to rare. Feel free to edit as necessary.
Quote:
Honey - $2,000
Increases your chance to attract specific Pokemon that like honey. Burmy, Cherubi, Aipom, Combee, Heracross, and Munchlax.
To use, spread Honey on a tree or bush. 1 time use.
Also added the Honey Gather ability, which allows Combee to pick up Honey only after a battle. If there are any new DP abilities or Outside Moves that can be added, please let us know so we can add them too.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Thank you Jack, wasn't sure how to describe that correctly so I was holding off on it.

But I'm pretty sure that in the DP games, Honey has the same effect as Sweet Scent doesn't it? Although it could have both if we make it be any tree or bush, but just using it on the ground has a Sweet Scent effect like in the games. What do you think?

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-05-2008 at 12:49 AM.