Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: The URPG National Park is opening it's doors!

Well they're rare. How many do you get per game? That's right, one (Not counting cloning :D), so if everybody had one it would be silly. It's meant to be rare, and having events is the only way I see of anybody being able to get one.

Go work on your characters everybody, while I work on the story. And feel free to buy stuff even before you make a character. Everybody with approval power in the Pokemart has the same power in the Park Mart, no need to be a Ranger. Only thing I ask is, keep a running record of how much the Park Mart makes in income. This is different from the Pokemart, I know.

EDIT: JT if you're the JT I'm thinking of, you might have had a hand in helping. I seriously don't remember, so it's up to Harry to decide if you get one or not.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:38 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Some people who helped have since quit the forum, but if they ever come back, they are entitled to Prizes. I know who they are, and when they come back, they are entitled to 1 (One) free Park Masterball. These will also be given out as event prizes, too. In case you're wondering, these don't work on Final Forms, or Legendaries so they're not completely universal like real ones.
I believe I helped, my good sir.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I think ultimately what Bron is trying to say is that only people who helped plan the Park will get a Master Ball. Not the entire URPG staff.

For instance, I did not help plan the Park so I do not receive a Master Ball.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Jr has a good point. Members are the ones important around the URPG.

Who will you approve or such if there's no one buying anything or taking part in any events in the URPG? Yourself?
@ Harry : Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 09-01-2008 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Way to be negative, Jr.

I'm going to go check it out, and thnaks for all your hard work, Broni.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
I believe I helped, my good sir.
Confirmed, yes, you did help Mr. Brown and Corroded Metal.

If you have any doubts if you helped, feel free to ask, but don't go asking for no apparent reason or it's just pointless spam.

EDIT: Trainer come on, seriously, are you gonna continue this? I really think they should get it, but if you're gonna insist on it, I'm just going to pass this to Harry, and you'll have to abide by what he says, ok?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-01-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:48 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Okay guys, here is how it works.

As leader of the URPG, I am saying that ONLY those who directly helped with creating the Park will receive a ball. Everyone else, regardless of being a ref, moderator, official, grader, etc, does not get one.

Bron and I discussed this beforehand. It's a simple miscommunication.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:50 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Johto Trainer.

And yes, Libra, I shall always be negative. :[ And Kim, I see now, makes more sense to me that only the people that helped form the whole park get one.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Harry cleared out some major doubts, so I'm fine now.
Just make your statements clear Bron

I'm sorry from my part, and nah, I won't continue^^

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Confirmed, yes, you did help Mr. Brown and Corroded Metal.

If you have any doubts if you helped, feel free to ask, but don't go asking for no apparent reason or it's just pointless spam.

EDIT: Trainer come on, seriously, are you gonna continue this? I really think they should get it, but if you're gonna insist on it, I'm just going to pass this to Harry, and you'll have to abide by what he says, ok?
*Eagerly takes Master Ball and hides it away in burrow*
Old 09-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Hi.

I know it's really, really early to be considering something like this, and if all this works out it might not even be an issue, but I and a lot of other members are already having concerns about the relative rarity of certain Pokemon going down as a result of this project.

I figure a way to alleviate certain concerns with the rarity of some mons going down (if the potential problems here end up becoming a reality) is to implement a system that's somewhat closer to the original Safari Zone concept that was in the games in the first place.

I'm also introducing an idea Fenix had because she'd rather not post. :P

My idea was that there would be a prearranged group of "Park" Pokemon in each of the areas Bron has setup now, with maybe 6-7 of the common Pokemon, 3-4 of the rank above that, and 1-2 of the rarest rank (the numbers can be adjusted for however many ranks there are, my memory isn't that accurate). This way, there'd still be a good number of Pokemon you can get through the park, without there being a huge influx of Milotic or Porygon-Z.

Adding onto this, there could also be certain "seasonal" Pokemon that would become available for a short period of time every few months. These could change yearly, and we could even try working in a poll for a certain Pokemon to be introduced to the park.

Fenix had a similar idea that certain habitats could change their availability at certain times in the year, IE: the mountains have experience a series of avalanches and are unsafe at this time, please come back in [x days/week/centuries].

Hi

Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Don't worry Fire, there isn't going to be an overpopulation, so there's no need to do any of that, or limit what appears where.

That may change however, but so far the way to deal with keeping "hard" Pokemon hard is to make people pay for maps to them, then go through an incredibly challenging fight for them, which most people would probably not be able to do. It requires serious writing skill, and I do mean serious.

This is all a work in progress with bugs to squish, but it will all work out eventually, don't worry.

The point here is to make it so every Poke is in this, but also keep them rare in such a way that we don't see what you're worried about.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

I didn't help :] If I did, I'd probably lottery the ball off. :P

Oh, and Bron, Jr is not the old JT.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 09-01-2008, 05:36 AM
bronislav84 Offline

He's not? Poo. I was so close to asking when he came back.

Lol at lottery the ball off. I really don't care what those who get one do with it, it's theirs now. Probably should make the ball bind to the owner though. What do you guys think? Ala WoW, make it Bind on Pickup.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
He's not? Poo. I was so close to asking when he came back.

Lol at lottery the ball off. I really don't care what those who get one do with it, it's theirs now. Probably should make the ball bind to the owner though. What do you guys think? Ala WoW, make it Bind on Pickup.
Ooh ooh... I helped.. ball plx.

Anyway, binding really isn't necessary.
Only times a non-mod can do something with it is when a give-away is organized, and the next one is when Fall starts.

So yea, binding really isn't necessary.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Closed Thread