Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Metal Coat; ...is COMPLETE!

*spites by DarkEevee*

Metal Coat;
and you thought being the good guy was hard.

Fan-Fiction Name: Metal Coat
Sites Posted On: Deviantart (Rentoraa-The-Luxray), Pokemon Elite 200 Forums (username: Giratina), Fanfiction.net (username: Giratina), Pokecommunity Forums (username: Giratinasaur).

Just in case someone decided to go snooping through old threads to get a fic.

Chapter List:
ZERO; In this post
ONE; TWO; THREE;
FOUR; FIVE; SIX;
SEVEN; EIGHT; NINE;
TEN; ELEVEN; TWELVE;
THIRTEEN; FOURTEEN; FIFTEEN;
SIXTEEN; SEVENTEEN EIGHTEEN;

So everything's not perfect -
doesn't matter! Cuz you'll rework it.
Nothing's holding you...
Never stopping, never stopping,
never stopping NOW!

Previously known as The Galaxy Key - For now this will be rated PG.

Hello and welcome to my latest (well, okay. First) fanfiction, Metal Coat. Unlike some of my previous attempts at writing something of this nature, I have planned out an interesting plotline in which...well, how about you read the Chapters as they come out instead; it's more fun that way. This fanfic will update every Friday or Saturday, but if I am on vacation or can't make it on, I will do my best to tell you in advance. Now, without further ado, I present to you the prologue of Metal Coat in all of it's glory...

BEGIN Chapter Zero;
Personality Quiz
“A Ditto.” Came the words vibrating from a pink blob of shapeless mass.

It was with an Arcanine, in a white box-shaped room. There was no windows, no doors, and no lighting except for a fire in a pit created by the Arcanine so that his interrogate could see anything. Usually, not being able to see unnerves humans. It was fairly annoying.

“Well, you can’t take the form of a human anymore, can you? So, in order to give you some sort of form without a true Pokemon, you are now a Ditto. If you hated it, it won’t last for long.”

A large dog Pokemon stood in front of the Ditto. It was mostly covered by a large, fluffy mass of cream fur, but orange fur striped with black was visible in some places. Broad paws supported this large mass of fluff and bone, and orange dog ears perked up from its snouted face. Said face had a snout covered by more cream fur, and a large tuft of cream-colored hair above its eyes. Its tail was composed of – surprise, surprise – cream-colored fur. The Arcanine was not amused.

“Point taken.” The Ditto said emotionlessly.

“Right, then. My assistant briefed you on the process we will be going through, correct?” The Arcanine lowered his head slightly.

“If your ‘assistant’ was the Growlithe that was standing in your position before you were, then no. He acted completely mute.” Came another blank reply from the Ditto.

“Really. Then I suppose I shall explain to you myself.” The Arcanine sighed and recited something he was clearly quite used to saying. “I am going to give you a personality quiz – yes, yes. A personality quiz. Even if you have barely any personality at all.” The Arcanine frowned disapprovingly at this point. “Even though the questions may seem outlandish and very random, they will play a part in choosing which Pokemon you will be serving your… visit… as. Do you understand?”

“I do.”

“Good. There will be eleven questions on this test… think especially hard about the last one.”

“And why am I required to do that?” The Arcanine’s reply to this was a wry smile.

“Forget it. First question…” The Arcanine coughed, and spoke again. “There is an alien invasion. What do you do?”

TEN QUESTIONS LATER

“Last question.” The Arcanine smiled wryly again at this point.

The Ditto he was interrogating was clearly not amused. “What ridiculous question are you going to make me answer now?” He asked. “A simple one.” The Arcanine paused for dramatic effect, then…

“Which Basic Pokemon do you want to serve your punishment as?”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was not a dark and stormy night. That much was certain. In fact, it was a rather nice day, around one in the afternoon. Wingulls were flying around in the thermals above the seashore, making a racket like you’d never believe (but was normal for the Wingulls around here). The Wingulls seemed to be having a ball – so much of a ball, in fact, that they failed to notice the unconscious Magnemite lying on the sand below them. Shame on you, Wingulls.

Slowly, the metallic Pokemon came to. The robotic eye in the center of his body began to flick about as the programs began to run. Slowly the Magnemite brought himself into the air with that levitating ability that Magnemites are so lucky to have (but was probably brought about by the magnet presumably in the center of their body and the other magnet in the middle of the Earth), and waggled his left magnet.

As he stayed there examining himself, a couple of creatures padded on to the beach. One of them was a yellow rat-like specimen on all four short, stubby legs, and the (to most people) unmistakable lightning bolt tail bobbing behind it. It had large black eyes and red circles on each of its cheeks, as well as brown-tipped, long ears stuck on near the top of its head. It was, unmistakably, a Pikachu.

The other resembled more of a cream-furred cat. There was a shiny gold-colored coin in the middle of its forehead, wedged between two triangle-shaped brown ears. It had large green eyes on a round face, with pointed teeth and whiskers on either side. Its cream body was more ovular, with three sharp claws (sheathable, how convenient) on the end of its arms and longer brown paws for its feet. A brown tail curled into a spiral stuck out behind.

“What the…“ The Meowth looked up from her deep conversation with her Pikachu friend. “Caro, there’s a Magnemite on the beach.” She whispered softly to him, as the Pikachu’s brown-tipped ears twitched to catch her message.

“Looks like it, Kris.” he nodded back, speaking as if he were a Solid Snake rip-off on a Super Secret Invasion Scoping Mission Command. Kris, the Meowth, rolled her eyes and padded up to the metal Pokemon.

“’Scuse me, sir,” she said, to which the Magnemite turned around silently, “are you okay? I’ve never seen you around here before.” Caro plodded beside her, and bowed slightly. “No,” the Magnemite replied emotionlessly, “I don’t suppose you have. I’ve come from… a long way away.”

“I see,” Kris nodded, “so you’re a foreigner. I’m Kris, and this is my friend Caro.” She indicated the Pikachu with her tail. “I am pleased to meet you both.” He twitched a magnet in acknowledgment. Kris nodded, which was soon replaced by a puzzled expression. “We’ve given you our names – so what’s yours?”

No reply except a soft buzzing.

“Mister? Are you okay?” Caro frowned at him, holding up a paw and waving it in front of the Magnemite. He whirred loudly, as if just realizing he had zoned out in the middle of a conversation. “I apologize,” he said in the same blank tone, “I seemed to have blacked out for a while. You may call me Helio.”

“He really is a foreigner.” Caro muttered under his breath, followed by a hiss and a frown from Kris. After that, she ignored it as if he had never made a comment, and asked Helio another question: “Do you have a place to stay?”

“Alas, I don’t.” Helio said, as further low whirring came from his body. Caro frowned, and Helio explained it to him. “Machine. Periodical whirring noises. Natural thing.”

She nodded. “Well, then, you can just stay with us!” Caro turned from frowning to staring slack-jawed at the cheery Meowth. “Thank you for the offer,” he said, “but I don’t wish to be much of a burden to you.” Kris shook her head. “You won’t be any burden. We’ll find some place in the Team for you.” She turned around and signaled with her tail for him and Caro to follow her off the scene.

Team…? Helio thought as he followed after the other two.

This all seems fairly uninteresting, doesn’t it? It looks like another PMD chronicle. If you have any of that perception, please, discard it now. For, you see, this is not an ordinary PMD chronicle. Helio is not prone to zoning out – there was a different reason why he presented his name that way. And neither Caro nor Kris has any idea what mess they’ve got themselves into – and what a mess it will be.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 05-10-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter ONE posted!

Wow...Pokemon mystery dungeon in reverse O_o
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Giratina Offline

BEGIN Chapter One;
Your Universe and You

A low buzzing sound filled the labyrinthine passageways and echoed off of the brown rock walls. This slight annoyance seemed innocent enough, being that one of the travelers in such a cave happens to be a Magneton, but a Raichu traveling with him sees things quite a bit differently…

“Gah! Helio, shut off that buzzing! It’s getting on my nerves!” the orange Pokemon whined to the pseudo-machine next to him.

“I can’t help it. I am a Magneton, in case you hadn’t noticed. It is something that I just do.” Came the reply from the mechanical Pokemon floating near him.

“Well, turn it off!”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

No reply, save for a low whirring.

“Ha! No comment. I beat you!”

“But, still,” Helio replied. “You’re usually the one making a ridiculous amount of noise, in case you hadn’t noticed. I have every right to be allowed to make noises that mechanical Pokemon tend to make, that they can’t shut off.”

Caro crossed his arms. “Well… at least I-“

“Both of you, stop arguing! You’ll wake up every Pokemon in this entire place.” A female voice flung a wet towel over the argument.

Kris scolded her two friends, vertical eyes glowering at the duo of squabbling Electric-types. Padding along on her four powerful, muscular paws, the streamlined cat Pokemon had an air of imposingness – usually cut short by Helio’s even more imposing aura, but that doesn’t matter. A red gem glinted in the middle of her forehead, where two dark eyes examined everything, missing nothing. Her rounded ears twitched and rotated with every sound, and whiskers twitched in much the same matter.

Caro, the Raichu, wasn’t all too thrilled about the concept of his friend – friend, not girlfriend, as he would be more than happy to point out - ordering him around.

“Hey! Who are you to order us around? You’re hardly older than we are!” Caro argued.

Helio, the Magneton Caro had mentioned earlier, stopped whirring. Caro was about to cry out in relief, but when the Magneton didn’t move he paused. The magnetic Pokemon stayed stationary for a few seconds, but then began to move again.

Much to the Raichu’s chagrin, this meant more whirring.

“Anyway…” The Persian said loudly, too late to notice that the argument had already died off. To be honest, Caro was the only one who actually raised his voice; it was probably one of the side effects of being a robotic Pokemon, but Helio never seemed to raise his voice.

Kris was doing her best to forget about how much her two friends squabbled. She really was. And yet, sometimes these two just had to argue over the smallest things. The Persian sighed and tried to change the subject to something a bit more interesting. “We need to keep going, you two. The Treasure is probably just ahe-“

“What is this treasure?” Caro cut in, a bit annoyed. “You’ve been talking about it the whole time we’ve been in this stupid mountain, but we have absolutely no idea what ‘it’ is! You’re always like this, Kris... Dragging us into things without telling us the whole story. So please, for the sake of sanity, tell us what the heck you are talking about.”

The Persian rolled her eyes and snorted loudly. Typical Caro dialogue. “Well if you want to know about it, fine. We’re searching for Jirachi’s Key, a-“

“An ancient artifact said to be able to grant any wish its wielder commands. However, if said wielder does something incredibly foolish with it, there is no way to reverse the Key’s effects. It is very rare, and there are only rumors as to its location. One of the rumors says it is in this cave. Correct?” Helio said calmly, stopping and turning to the cream-colored cat Pokemon who was standing in between himself and Caro. The Persian and Raichu stood there for a second, dumbstruck, until someone broke the silence.

“Well, yeah, but I wanted to say it!” Kris glowered at her friend, ticked that he could steal her thunder so easily.

“What, were you trying to impress me or something?” Caro snorted.

“No! I just… wanted to.” Kris argued back, raising her snout higher into the air, determined to ignore Caro. She opened her mouth slightly to scent the air, and her eyes widened.

“Ooh, stop arguing! You’ll wake up every Pokemon in this entire place!” Caro taunted, complete with Kris’ Persian ears imitation. The taller cat Pokemon stood briefly on her hind legs and whacked him on the side of the head with a clenched paw. She then sprang forward to catch up with Helio, who had moved ahead apparently not daunted by their constant fighting.

Quickly running past him, Kris squealed with delight.

“H-hey…there it is! Jirachi’s Key!”

“You mean it really is… real?” Caro gasped, quickly filling the gap Kris had made between them. A few seconds later, he screeched to a halt beside the Persian and whipped his head around, looking for it.

Kris pointed to the center of the room, where a shiny black rock was sitting on a small, Grecian pillar. This pillar was completely intact, and was about as tall as a couple of Pikachus standing on one another’s head. Sunlight came down from cracks in the cave’s roof, but any light that got near the Key was promptly… sucked in.

Well, that was strange.

“I’m gonna get it first!” Kris taunted at Caro, and then lunged for the Key.

“No, I am!” Caro fought back. Helio watched them argue from the entrance to the smaller cavern, having no desire to touch the Key for himself; however, when Kris pushed Caro to the side, he got a good look at it and began to get worried.

“No!” He shouted. “Don’t touch that! That’s not the Treasure, it’s Jirachi’s-“

Helio didn’t have time to finish his sentence. As he moved forward, a bright light flowed out from where Kris and Caro had touched it, at the same time.

“Oh Arceus…” Helio muttered as the light became brighter, eventually forcing the three adventurers to close their eyes.

High above, a bright light blasted out of the huge mountain next to Treasure Town, shooting up straight into the heavens and probably outer space, too.

Meanwhile, down in the village, an old Alakazam exited his house to watch the light flare up into the sky. He smiled knowingly.

“It’s been ten years already? Oh, my…”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bright light.

It seemed like the three Pokemon were being sucked into a vacuum – they were black silhouettes on a bright white backdrop. Because of the brightness of this backdrop, the trio was forced to close their eyes.

Maybe if they had kept them open they would have noticed their bodies changing shape?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

“-Key.” Helio finished, that sinking feeling in his stomach getting worse by the second.

“Ugh…I feel sick…” Caro moaned. He hadn’t opened his eyes yet. “What happened? We touched Jirachi’s Key and then…”

“That wasn’t Jirachi’s Key.” Helio said. “It was Jirachi’s Key, a different ancient artifact with the power to teleport the wielder to whichever world he or she thinks about.”

“But I wasn’t thinking about…here!” Caro and Kris objected at the same time. They glared intensely at each other for a moment, but then Caro looked away.

“Ha ha!” Kris taunted and smirked at Caro. “I got you! Score one for me! Now all you need is one point, He-“ Kris stopped midsentence as she looked at her friend. She was about to open her mouth, when-

“BWAAAH!” Caro screamed. He looked down at himself – or, at least what he thought was himself. Instead of the sleek, streamlined, powerful body he had a couple of minutes ago, there was a body that very vaguely resembled a Lucario’s and Machop’s in terms of anatomy. The tan-pink flesh on it was not hidden by any pelt, except for some pieces of a soft material on his torso and down to his legs, which also had no pelt covering the bare skin. He tried as hard as he could to lash his tail, but couldn’t. Turning around, he saw that the reason he couldn’t do such a thing is because he had no tail to lash. Apparently, finding Jirachi’s Key is more trouble than it’s worth.

“H-h-human…? I’m a… human…” he whimpered. Looking over at Kris, he saw the same thing with some slight differences, but he didn’t much care about those.

She was wearing a different pelt than he was. He had on an orange pelt on his chest, with a design that looked a bit like his Raichu torso – a small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless. His bottom pelt was a bunch of blues mashed together into little fragments. The only fur he had was some brownish fur on the top of his head, which cascaded down his back and stopped with what he thought was called a ‘Ponyta-tail’ collecting it all. She, on the other hand, had a cream pelt over her torso, and white pelts covering her legs.

“Uh…” Kris muttered, trying out her new human paws, “I hate to sound annoying, Helio, but... you're kind of... you know... taller than us. Why is that?” She turned her head to one side, and yellowish hair flowed down her back, stopping near the bottom of her shoulder blades. She seemed to have quickly mastered the quizzical raised eyebrow.

“So… uh. Helio. Can I ask you something?” Caro asked, having in essentials the same question as Kris did. He had briefly paused examining his new body to look up at the person next to him.

“Yes,” He replied, keeping the monotone in his voice despite what had just happened.

“Why do we look like this…and you look like that?”

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 04-29-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

it's fine. Length is good.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Giratina Offline

True. But for any lurkers, the chapter up there was five MS Word pages long. *points* Most of my other chapters will probably be four or so, maybe another fiver later when exciting stuff starts happening. O 3O

(vpp da)
Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Length is fine. If you want to print it, that may be another story
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Giratina Offline

I already did. xD

(vpp da)
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007
Talking Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter ONE posted!

Wait, only one chapie? I thought there was more... Well hurry up and post more chapies!

Mesa likey and can't wait!

Hiya Ninja!

Mesa random right now...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Giratina Offline

A new one is coming either tomorrow or Saturday, so you won't need to wait for long.

(vpp da)
Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ralts View Post
A new one is coming either tomorrow or Saturday, so you won't need to wait for long.
You told me they were written! So post them!!! Please?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Giratina Offline

Whoa now, little puppy. Shh.

I promise, it'll be up tomorrow or Saturday. Now leave your little puppy mind to wonder in awe at what the brilliant Ninja has whipped up next (I promise it's going to be slightly obvious, seeing as-

Ah ah ah. No spoiling the plot.

*grumbles angrily*

(vpp da)
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
Whoa now, little puppy. Shh.

I promise, it'll be up tomorrow or Saturday. Now leave your little puppy mind to wonder in awe at what the brilliant Ninja has whipped up next (I promise it's going to be slightly obvious, seeing as-

Ah ah ah. No spoiling the plot.

*grumbles angrily*
*whimpers*

Adam: *trying to resist urge to eat the puppy that is Guard* That is odd...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Interesting! You have inspired me in evil ways...*Human Sonic, yo!*

0.o'

Good chapter! Get another one up soon!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Giratina Offline

D'aww. Here that, you guys? You've inspired a human Sonic in evil ways!

*facepaw*
*facepaw*
*facemagnet*

(vpp da)
Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
D'aww. Here that, you guys? You've inspired a human Sonic in evil ways!

*facepaw*
*facepaw*
*facemagnet*
*facehand* LOL, I konw I copied...But how Grassy? And WHEN NEXT CHAPIE?!?

Adam: Calm down Guard. *still trying to resist urges*