Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter ONE posted!

Fear not, little puppies! The second chapter dawns upon you!

BEGIN Chapter Two;
Ignore the Man in the Strangely Familiar Jacket

Caro’s confusion was not at all uncalled for. For, you see, Helio didn’t look much like his companions at all...

He was taller than the two teenagers looking at him, about six feet, give or take; a full foot taller than his traveling companions. He was also paler than they were, and obviously at least ten years older, if not more.

In fact, just about every visible part of him was different than those of Caro and Kris; his hair was not nearly as long as theirs, but was shorter, spikier, and a somewhat unnatural shade of blue; steel blue or something along those lines was what seemed to come to mind. His eyes were also slightly narrower than theirs were, but Caro wasn’t totally sure if he was doing this on purpose or if it was just a natural thing. His eyes were a rather odd gray color that seemed to look right through you sometimes, and other times were just there, not looking like they did anything.

The pelt on his torso was all white, though it was a bit hard to tell because there was a much more interesting gray one above it, with a medium-sized strip down the middle. This was all fine and good, but the thing that really made it set out was the unusual design. Two thick yellow lines seemed to be going around the gray pelt near where it ended, and a rather odd-shaped charcoal patch lay under the lines, in a pattern that is rather difficult to describe with words alone, and was by no means possible on paper to Caro and Kris’ knowledge. The parts of the pelt that went down his arms were also black, as was the longer pelt going down his legs.

However, the most important thing of all was also the smallest and arguably the least noticeable; a yellow image that seemed to resemble the Unown rune G was in plain sight on the upper right side of his gray pelt, over near the sleeve.

By now, you have probably figured out from the description who Helio was in his human form, if not even earlier.

“Yeah...funny story.” Cyrus muttered.

“Story? I want to hear it.” Kris quickly got up from her sitting position. She was a bit wobbly at first and lost her balance a few times, but soon got used to it due to the practice she had in her former Persian form. “R-right, me too.” Caro, on the other hand, was having a bit more difficulty stabilizing himself, but with Cyrus and Kris’ aid he got it down, sooner or later.

Cyrus turned and looked down at the two children who used to be his only allies – he wouldn’t call them friends, but allies seemed suitable - in the dimension where he had been imprisoned in for the last... ten years or so, was it? His human body didn’t seem to age during the period he was a Magneton, so it wasn’t so easy to tell.

“Well...I don’t exactly know all the details just yet.” Cyrus looked up at the sky for a moment, and then brought his gaze down again. “Maybe I did, and Uxie wiped my memory. I’m not sure.” He paused for a second, before continuing on. “I...have dome some things I can’t say have been very helpful in my life.” He folded his arms and leaned against a lamppost, looking up into the now darkening sky, Skorupius and Draconair shining brightly. “Most people have. They had stolen something, or told a lie, or something along those lines. I did...something much more complicated.” Caro and Kris listened, attention unwavering, as they learned the previous – and incredibly unexpected - human life of their best friend. They were fine with referring to him as a friend, even though they had only known him for six or seven months. (You see, time flows differently in Caro and Kris’ home universe. What was two years there could have been 25 here.)

After he had finished, Kris was silent, but Caro had a question, as usual. “So...how did you know about the Galaxy and Dimensional Keys?” Cyrus hesitated for a moment, and then replied in the standard monotone. “While doing research work on the Red Chain, the Galaxy and Dimensional Keys were both listed as required items in quite a few of my...resources. I couldn’t find them anywhere. So I think you can imagine my reaction when one of the two things that had doomed my plan to fail was sitting in front of me on a little stone pillar in some mountain in an alternate universe, with moonlight being sucked into it.”

Cyrus was silent after that. He quite clearly wasn’t planning on saying anything more. “So...what do we do now?” Caro asked, looking around, then cocked his head to one side. Kris seemed to have gotten over the fact that her best friend had once tried to destroy and recreate the human universe, but was still shaking a little bit. “I honestly don’t know.” Cyrus looked around, gaze sweeping over the marshy landscape, not noticing anything in particular except the expanse of mud.

“Y-you said you came from Sunyshore City, didn’t you? So let’s go there. You must be pretty eager to see your hometown after seeing nothing but talking Pokemon for what, nine, ten years?” Kris pointed out, still a bit shakily. She didn’t completely understand the different places’ timeflow yet. After all, they had only been here for one human-time day.

Nobody seemed to have had a better idea, so Cyrus removed a Pokeball from his pocket. He tossed it into the air, and it opened, spreading the red light into shape of a Honchkrow, much to Caro and Kris’ surprise and slight horror. Not a very happy Honchkrow, but a Honchkrow still. It squawked angrily at its owner, and then snatched the Pokeball from his hand and violently and angrily crushed it in two. Having broken the seal binding it to the person who hadn’t done anything Pokemon care-related to it in nine or ten years, the Honchkrow flew off into the night, heading in the general direction of what Cyrus could only assume to be Eterna Forest.

“Well, so much for air transportation.” Cyrus said blankly. “If we’re planning to go anywhere, it looks like we’ll be doing it on foot.”

“Well, then, let’s go!” Kris chirped, and immediately set off in a random direction. Caro sighed and put his hand on his forehead, and then glanced at his hand; he wasn’t quite used to this ‘Human’ concept yet. “Do you even know how to get to Sunyshore City?” He asked with a told-you-so tone, purposefully trying to provoke Kris. “Well, do you?” Kris turned around and huffed back, and turned to Cyrus – but he was already walking in the direction opposite of where Honchkrow had flew off in a very Honchkrowlike rage, probably to find itself some minions. Minions, it felt, were long overdue.

“Woah – hey, wait up!” Caro and Kris dashed after their friend, who had longer legs and thus was going much faster than they were, even though he was moving at a slower pace and had to dodge around the expanse of marshy mud. Caro was used to this speed difference, since he used to have stubby Raichu legs and could only get around anywhere near quickly on all four paws, but Kris wasn’t – her muscular Persian body could have outraced him in Magneton form in an instant.

As Caro chased along behind his friend, he took a better look up at Cyrus, who didn’t seem to be using much effort but was still going faster than they were. Was this Human really the same slightly creepy but lovable Magneton he had known just a few days ago? It didn’t make any sense at all.

“Hey, where are you going?” Kris asked, panting slightly. “Sunyshore City?” Cyrus shook his head, but didn’t turn around. “No.” he said. “I am heading in that general direction, but I have a few stops to make first. We will be circling around Sinnoh, and when we get back to our starting point, here, that is when we will set off for Sunyshore City.” And with that, he kept walking, checking back every once in a while to make sure Caro and Kris were still alive.

Wow, shocker. Well? What did you expect? Of course I was going to put him in here one way or another.

Well, puppies, enjoy.

So, does this mean I'm allowed to talk now?

Maybe.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 03-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter TWO posted!

Wow...Was NOT expecting that 0.o

Interesting twist, I must say.

^.^ *Speechless*
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Giratina Offline

*Magneton form goes poof in a beam of light, and human form falls headfirst from the ceiling*

*gets up* Did you really need to do that, Stunspore?

Oh yeah! The reason he calls me Stunspore is because that's my RP username on Neopets, where I tend to roleplay him and someone else who will, indeed, make an appearance in this fic...*cackles evilly*

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007
Talking Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter TWO posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Wow...Was NOT expecting that 0.o

Interesting twist, I must say.

^.^ *Speechless*
Mesa likey how confused by it mesa is. *_*

Adam: Guard sure has lost it today...
Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Giratina Offline

Oh yes. If you thought this has some good plot twists so far, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Heh heh.

(vpp da)
Old 09-14-2008, 01:20 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I'm with Grassy. Did not see that coming! O_O

Does that mean there aren't two Helio's now?

As if I'd care. B'
Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Giratina Offline

Yes, well.

Maybe if you knew me a bit better, then it would be quite obvious he would get in somewhere in this galaxy-traveling mess.

And there is only one soul in two mortal bodies; Helio, as a Pokemon, and Cyrus, as a human. However, Caro and Kris are supposed to keep calling him Helio because no doubt he's gone down somewhere int he history books under the definition of 'insane'. xD If you meant on Charrie Chat, we're all still gonna call him Helio because those two *points to Caro and Persian* don't know his real name yet, and-

You're going to keep referring to me as Helio so you don't spoil the plot.

Yep! ^^

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 09-14-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

*takes out war hammer and starts beating up cyrus* HOW DARE YOU MESS WITH PALKIA! WHAT'D HE DO TO YOU!? I KILL YOU! *beating cyrus*
Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Giratina Offline

*not feeling anything* ...

(vpp da)
Old 09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Giratina Offline

Hark, puppies! Chapter Three rises above thee, descending from the heavens!

Chapter THREE;
No, We Have Never Met a Pokemon that Only Said Its Name...

About two seconds after this awkward interaction took place, the three felt a slight chill.

A couple seconds after that, they realized with a jolt where they were.

And then, reality set in with a generous helping of sheer cold.

Though they hadn’t realized it, they had not been near Pastoria City as Cyrus had originally thought. Far from it. As it turns out, they were actually in the forest near Snowpoint City, Sinnoh’s northern-most community, shivering violently from the cold, snow-covered mountain below their feet. The Pastorian landscape had just been an illusion caused by a particularly troublesome Medicham lurking nearby, snickering its little heart out.

As Cyrus shot a quick glance at the human-like Psychic and Fighting-type, he remembered something Caro and Kris would definitely need to get done. “Now. I don’t mean to sound like Professor What’s-his-tree, but you two are in a far more dangerous place than you were previously, without any self-protection at all. Both of you are going to need to find yourself some Pokemon, and register as Trainers.”

“Wh-what?!?” Caro and Kris shouted together, and then gazed up at him, eyes wide with horror. “So...you mean...we have to catch Pokemon in those...things?” Caro whimpered, remembering Medicham’s vision of the Honchkrow violently crushing its Pokeball and flying off into the twilight.

“That’s the general idea, yes.” Cyrus paused, and continued in the still-typical monotone. “Of course, you two need to decide. Would you rather wander around with no self-defense, or have an unbelievably powerful defense mechanism and ally at your disposal?” He looked down at them, waiting for an answer with another, as usual blank, face. “I, for one...well...I’m going to do it.” Caro raised his hand, still shivering. “It would help me look at Pokemon in a whole new way. And besides, if we ever get back to Treasure Town, we would have some new recruits...” He nodded his head. “So yeah.”

“Ah, what the heck. It’ll be nice to have a pastime in this ridiculously insane alternate uni- oh, sorry. No offense, Helio.” Kris stopped her sentence short, totally forgetting that the ridiculously insane alternate universe she was insulting and currently residing in was his home world.

“None taken.” Cyrus blinked once, and then turned. “You two, come with me. I can go with you as far as the city limits, but past that I can’t risk being recognized. That would be...more trouble than it’s worth.” Caro grimaced slightly as he spoke. Casually walking into a new place without their only guide would be a slight issue. “It’s not a problem.” Cyrus continued. “Find the white building with the red roof, go in, and ask the human behind the counter if you could sign up as Trainers.” They nodded at the same time, and set off, seeing as the three were now lurking in the shadows of the snow-covered trees near the city. “Go.”

They quickened their pace as Cyrus slunk farther into the snow-coated shadows, using his years of (childhood) experience of generally being invisible to hide from passerby.

“Whoaaaa.” Caro muttered under his breath as they looked around at the snowy town, and the huge temple near the back in particular. “Place with the red roof, that’s what Helio said.” Kris pointed out, snapping him out of the trance. “Over there. Let’s go.” She tugged on his arm, and set off at a brisk – or, at least as close to brisk as you could get in knee-high frozen water droplets - pace, trudging through the deep snow.

Finally, they arrived at the huge white building, and cautiously stepped in. Kris raised an eyebrow – this place was amazing. And big. There was a clear, unblocked pathway down the aisle to the human at a desk near the other end, but there were long, cushiony couches stretched along the sides of the aisle. There were also smaller couches nearer the wall, as well as a café in the corner. While she was gazing at the Pokemon Center in all of it’s splendor and pink-and-yellow glory, Caro was already chatting with the pink-haired woman behind he counter near the back. She quickly dashed over to him in case he tried to do or say anything too stupid.

“Yes, both of us want to be Trainers. No, we’re not on some far-fetched quest from Professor Lucas. Yes, we are over ten years old. Yes, we’re not from here. No, we don’t have any Pokemon at this time.” Caro was answering questions as the appalled receptionist woman shot them out. The Joy was surprised – she usually used her rapidfire questions as a way of filtering out the Trainers destined to fail. Only one other person had done them this quickly and accurately, back when she was working in the far east part of the region...

The woman shrugged and pressed some keys on the computer, and then nodded. She directed them over to near a Pokeball camera, which took their pictures, much to their amazement; “What, it’s like you’ve never seen a camera before! Ah, you were foreigners, I forgot...” And with that, she handed them both a card and some money. “Okay, you two. Good luck on your adventure!” Her beaming smile turned to a frown as some boy rushed in the door, cradling a Monferno in his arms. So that was why the pathway up here wasn’t blocked. Not paying much attention to Caro, the boy nearly plowed him over in his rush to get to the Nurse. “Hey! Watch where you’re swinging that Monferno next time!” Caro hissed. “Should we get back to Helio now? It must have been at least an hour by now...” he mused, brushing himself off. “Yeah, I think so.” With that, Kris and Caro left the warm, compelling Pokemon Center back into Nature’s unforgiving cold spell of a town.

Seeing Kris and Caro approaching, Cyrus put the two Ultra Balls back into his pocket and nodded when they approached. “You were taking a while, so I decided to catch you some starters. It would make things a lot easier later on.” He removed the Balls from his pocket again, and tossed them to the two Pokemon-turned-teenagers. Staggered, they sent the new Pokemon out.

On the left, in front of Kris, stood a vaguely human Pokemon, about a foot shorter than she was. There was a magneta-colored circle on the Pokemon’s head, sporting three smaller oval-shaped appendages out of it; one on each side, and one out the back. Its arms were long and slender, and its legs were covered by a large mass of magenta-pinkish skin, for isolation or decoration Kris didn’t know. Its lips seemed to be slightly larger than normal.

“Yo! Nice to meetcha!” It chirped, and then bowed to its new mistress. “Yeah, nice to meet you too, Medicham.” Kris nodded back a bit absentmindedly, turning the Ultra Ball over in her hand.

Caro chuckled as his Pokemon was sent out, on the right. There was a slightly rodent-like Pokemon smirking there on its hind legs, long, bright white claws shining in the moonlight. It was mostly black, save its eyes, a few golden rectangular shapes on its forehead and torso, and a large red featherlike thing growing out of...its ear? No, that feather thing was its ear, just shaped different than the other, which was more catlike. As a cold wind blew, Caro noticed there were three more red feathered thingies making up its tail.

“Hmph. So you’re the guy I’m serving for the rest of my life...sweet.” The Pokemon cackled as it flexed its claws at its new owner, red eyes shining brightly, eager to size this kid up.

“Hey, wait a minute! Can’t humans not understand Pokemon?” Kris objected, confused. “Usually, you would be correct. But in our case, where we have all lived a percentage of our lives as Pokemon, we must have retained the ability to communicate with Pokemon from our previous...forms.” Cyrus replied. Kris nodded. “O-kaay...”

“Well, now that you all have introduced yourselves, let’s keep moving.” Cyrus turned and moved towards Lake Acuity. The other four turned and ran beside him, eager to warm up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Uxie smiled, eyes completely closed.

The three travelers were coming, along with some Pokemon natives. Oh, what a joyous reunion this would be... waving farewell to his sisters, the Legendary Sprite Fairy Levitating Blob Thing of Knowledge teleported down to Earth with a flashy light show to be positioned in a dark corner of his cave in the middle of Lake Acuity, laughing to itself all the way down.

Uxie couldn’t wait to sense his old friend’s feelings when he came into his domain. That would be fun.

(vpp da)
Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter THREE posted!

.....Suspense...

I would have to say she is adequately surprised.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Giratina Offline

if you mean the fact that I've been turned into a human, introduced to the human life of my best friend, nearly froze to death, and suddenly become a Trainer in the span of three chapters, yeah, I guess you could say I'm 'adequately' surprised.

(vpp da)
Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

So they can talk to Pokemon! I thought so.
It seemed like they were kinda rushed into that. But then, I guess that's Cyrus...er..Helio... Dang it I still don't wanna get used to that. Oh well.
That's gotta be weird for Pokemon turned humans to have to train Pokemon. Talk about awkward.
I'm interested in what Uxie was talking about at the end...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Giratina Offline

That was sort of the point. xD They were getting rushed into it and be like "whaaaat?" and have everythi-
SSSSSH...Member. Don't spoil the plot, Member. ^^

(vpp da)
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
SaixPuppy Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter ONE posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ralts View Post
D'aww. Here that, you guys? You've inspired a human Sonic in evil ways!

*facepaw*
*facepaw*
*facemagnet*
sweeeeetttt story