Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter FIVE posted!

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a Magneton anymore.

Read the chapters, srsly. D:

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

........*bites ear*

Radarr: *eye twitch*

Stork: *eye twitch*
Old 10-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Giratina Offline

*tosses across the room* What is wrong with you?

Says the guy who tried to blow up the universe ten years ago.

Shut up.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Radarr: *smacks forehead*

Stork: Yeek! *ducks beneath Metal*

WHEEEEEEE!*falls into well* DARN IT!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Giratina Offline

Further proof for my theory: idiots are indestructible. *films everything* O 3O

*sigh*

*sigh*

You didn't honestly expect me to do anything, did you?

(vpp da)
Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Giratina Offline

BEGIN Chapter Six;
Celestial Arcanine, Twelve O'clock!

As the two red-and-white metal spheres flew through the air, all three pairs of eyes focused on them. Time seemed to slow itself down. Nobody actually knew why – it wasn’t anything terribly important, Caro and Kris were just sending out a couple of Golbat – but it still did nonetheless.

Everyone was silent as the Pokéballs made an indent in the snowy ground with a soft thump. They then began to open and released a red, swirling, luminescent energy into the air, which soon took the form of two Pokemon.

One was a large blue thing, with a gaping mouth that opened almost as big as it’s body; Small, beady eyes glanced around. Purple bat-like wings with blue edging beat in the air, sending drafts of wind down to the snowy mass below. It let out a piercing screech, which everyone translated to mean, “Oww...my wing hurts...”

The other did not have a giant gaping mouth like the first, but was rather a purple, footless blob with two sets of streamlined wings. The upper set of wings had purple edging and blue membrane inside, instead of the other way around. The lower set was entirely purple. Its mouth was twisted into what seemed to be a deformed frown. “What?” It rumbled in a hiss-like whisper.

Caro blinked. “Wh... Why does she get a Crobat?” He glared over in Kris’ direction, who was now in conversation with her newfound friend. “Huh...” He muttered, and turned to his Golbat. “Oh, hey. What’s wrong with your wing? Did I hit it too hard or something?” He stepped up to the large bat Pokémon.

“But...humans can’t understand Pokémon...” The Golbat muttered, staring at the teenager with curiosity. “Yeah, well... I’ll let you in on something. I used to be a Raichu and I’m from a different universe, and- Yeow!” Caro looked down to see that Cyrus had slammed down on his foot. “What was that for?!?” He whined, glaring up at the taller male.

“I don’t know if it’s such a great idea to go off telling your life’s story to a Golbat, who could very well sneak off in the dead of night while you’re asleep and babble to the whole world, do you?” He asked blankly. “Uh... oh yeah... I knew that!” Unfortunately, Caro was not a very good liar.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cyrus kept his legs in a squatted position, to make flying easier for Honchkrow. All Caro and Kris needed to do was hold on, but a flat disk with wings has a much different method of flight than a large bird does. (Yeah, yeah. I know. A Honchkrow isn’t large, but how would a six-foot-tall man get around on a three-foot-tall bird? I tend to make things taller than they should be, but eh. Maybe it’s because I’m unnaturally tall too?)

“You okay up there?” Honchkrow called. “Yes.” Came his master’s blank response. At least they were at a high enough altitude nobody could see anything but a Honchkrow, a Crobat, and a Golbat having a pleasant flight...

Glancing back, Cyrus saw that Kris seemed to be holding on to the Crobat’s head, which the ridee didn’t seem to mind that much. Caro was having a bit of an easier time, though, as he had the Golbat’s feet to hold on to.

How did this...happen? No matter how many times Cyrus had tried to ignore – and eliminate - that thought over the past few days, it just wouldn’t die. He knew exactly how it happened, of course. After what happened at the Pillar, he had slunk off into a side cavern. The police force didn’t want anyone to know he was still out there, and he wasn’t showing any rebellion, so they kept their mouth shut and he did too.

Of course, he couldn’t hide from everyone. Or, rather, everything.

He remembered the scene vividly; it was hard not to. After all, it was only an ancient messenger for the higher powers in the universe sending him an invite to a divine trial up above the Spear Pillar, nothing big...

Mt. Coronet had so many useful little passages. It was quite an aid when you were being tailed by a couple of women in blue suits and a ‘detective’ who could not be bothered to do any detective work at all.

With every step, Cyrus progressed farther and farther away from his failed... experiment. He couldn’t call it a dream – a dream is the product of hope, the second weakest of all emotions. The first, of course, was love... but trivial things like that hardly mattered right now. What really mattered was that he get as far away from the idiots back at the Pillar as possible, and not be caught by any of them.

He wasn’t caught by the police.

He was caught by something much, much worse.

The Arcanine watched with glowing eyes – literally glowing, as they were emitting a brilliant white light – as he put one silent paw in front of the other, making sure not to make his presence known to the Human he was pursuing. That was one of the most important parts of the mission – to keep himself a secret until he felt the time was right to reveal himself.

He glanced down at the paper in his jaws. It was in Unown runes, so he wasn’t sure if his target would even understand what it said. But the runes these people used were unknown to the Pokemon, so hopefully Unown is one of their understood languages. This target was a smart one, anyway.

Finally, the target had stopped. This was his chance. Pawstep by pawstep, the glowing-eyed Arcanine quickened its pace. The target didn’t need to think he wasn’t there anymore; that wasn’t important anymore. What was important was that he got his invitation and accepted.

The large orange-and-cream dog Pokemon soon caught up. He didn’t go unnoticed – as soon as the target noticed something was behind him, he turned around and blasted the Arcanine with a blank but extremely creepy stare. The Pokemon shook this off, and then walked up to his target. Dropping the letter at his feet, the Arcanine walked back a few paces and sat down, waiting for an answer.

“Well,” The target said. “It seems your owner isn’t capable of using proper English. This is all in Unown runes...hmm. You Legends certainly do have fast postal service, don’t you?” He put the letter into his pocket, and stared the dog in the eye. “Fine.”

Happy that the objective had been completed, the Arcanine blinked.

When they opened, the bright white glow in its eyes had disappeared.

The startled caw of his Pokemon brought him back into the present.

“Swellow at twelve o’clock! I repeat! Swellow at twelve o’clock! And... It’s got a rider! Swellow with rider at twelve o’clock...!”

(vpp da)
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter SEVEN posted!

BEGIN Chapter Seven;
Swellows and Skuntanks

Cyrus racked his brain for any possible way he could get out of this without either A: being seen by the kid or B: getting he, Honchkrow, and quite possibly even Caro and Kris as well as their Pokemon killed. At this point in time, it was difficult to tell which one was worse.

“Swerve down.” He commanded, ducking in closer to the Honchkrow. Honchkrow nodded, and took a dive down into a cloud. Big mistake. When they soared back out, both were shivering and Honchkrow’s wings had a little bit of frost on them. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the Swellow kid had quite obviously seen him.

“Hey!” The kid said, eyes widened. “You’re that gu-“ “No, I’m not. Now, forget you ever met me and go on with your normal life. It is, to be honest, a life-or-death situation for some of us.” Cyrus cut in. Honchkrow stopped in front of the Swellow kid for a second, then resumed his previous speed. “No way...” The girl muttered. “Duskwing, turn around and use Peck on that Honchkrow!”

“What?!?” Honchkrow squawked. Cyrus clenched his teeth. If this kid was going to get offensive, he would be forced to do the same. Squawking angrily, the Swellow started making a beeline for Honchkrow, who took a nosedive. “Night Slash.” Cyrus commanded softly, doing his best not to open his mouth for too long.

Making a quick midair loop, Honchkrow spun around and concentrated all of the dark energy he could muster into his right wing. “Okay...” He muttered as the dark energy began to make the wing glow, “Swellow! Taste my Night Slash!” With that, he flew right past the Swellow, jutting out the wing practically dripping with dark energy to strike the Swellow on the stomach. The large bird shouted in surprise and pain, and wavered for a bit. Regaining control, the Swellow swung its wing in a broad arc. Air Slash!

Honchkrow flapped frantically to keep the thermals under its wings under control. “Whoa, now! Don’t get too cocky!” It threatened, beginning to get worried. Looping back around, it went in for a Dark Pulse, stopping completely after the appropriate amount of malevolent thoughts had been brought out of its equally malevolent head. The solid thoughts soared towards the Swellow, who tried to fight them off to no avail.

“That’s why you should never start a midair battle.” Cyrus instructed calmly. “If your Pokemon faints, then you go plummeting towards the ground...” He watched as the two figures dropped like stones, screaming all the while. “Like so.” Cyrus flung a Max Potion down after them in hopes of the girl catching and using it, and turned to go.

“Well, that was fun.” Caro said sarcastically. “We didn’t even get to do anything!” “Be glad she didn’t attack you. If you had lost, which you probably would have, you would be plummeting to the ground instead, forcing Kris or myself to rescue you.” Cyrus said over his shoulder. Rolling his eyes, Caro flew off in pursuit, Kris right behind. “Hmph!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Let’s land here.” Honchkrow suggested. “If we get into some clearing in that forest, then there’s a lesser chance of someone recognizing us than in a Pokemon Landing Area.” Without waiting for a response, the Honchkrow went into a level descent. Instructing the bat Pokemon to do the same, Cyrus hopped off when they were a few feet from the ground and Honchkrow landed smoothly. The other two had a bit more trouble, but did it.

“Honchkrow.” Cyrus turned to the bird Pokemon now preening itself. “You are aware that you have hust landed us near Jubilife City, one of the busiest cities in Sinnoh?” Honchkrow looked up for a second, analyzing what he had said, and groaned dramatically. “Aw, crud! Listen. I’m sorry about this, and I-“ Honchkrow earned itself a bone-chilling glare, and shut its beak immediately.

“Well.” Cyrus turned towards the south, the location of Jubilife City, and ultimately, Lake Verity. “As Honchkrow has lead us to such an... inconvenient destination, I suppose we will just need to keep moving on foot... unless you have any objections.” Cyrus turned back to Honchkrow, who shook his head hastily. “No. Nope! Not me! I’m perfectly fine with tha-“ Honchkrow caught himself and stopped abruptly. “No, sir. No objections.” He squeaked. Cyrus returned Honchkrow, and Caro and Kris did the same after some confusion.

“Right. So...where do we go now?” Caro mused out loud. “Before we concern ourselves with that, I suggest we concentrate on keeping ourselves alive until we pass Jubilife City.” Shrugging, Caro nodded. “Yeah. Okay.” He honestly had no idea what a ‘Jubilife’ was, but it seemed to be a community like Treasure Town.

“People know you again, right?” Kris turned to him. “I can only assume so. The city limits are where I leave you. Keep going straight down, until you reach the southernmost exit. Once you do, wait a few feet into the forest. Around dusk, I will find you.” With that, he began to disappear into the trees, Caro and Kris trying to keep up behind him.

It was a silent trek to the city of Jubilife.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sort of stinks how he has to lurk around back in the woods, just because of something that happened, like, ten years ago...” Caro turned around to glance back at the entrance to the city, where they had been standing just a few minutes ago. Kris turned around and followed his gaze. “I guess he asked for it. Nobody forced him to do all that.”

“I guess you’re right...” Caro muttered. “But we’d better get going. It’s nearly dusk right about now, and Helio might be expecting us.” Nodding, Kris turned to face the front too. “Mhm.” They continued on, observing the city sights and dodging clowns insisting they answer simple questions.

It was getting progressively darker, and Caro and Kris had nearly made it out of the place. Of course, there was one more thing in this city who wanted to smell- er, see them...

An excited, high-pitched squeak jarred Caro and Kris out of their thoughts. The clattering of sharp claws scrabbling around on stone could be heard. A few seconds later, a purple-and-white blur skidded around out of a side alley, and dashed towards the two tennagers.

“I don’t believe it!” The shape chirped. “I don’t, I don’t, I don’t! It’s too good! I got him! I got him! Eeheehee! Listen up, Magnezone! I got hi- oh.” Upon closer inspection, the shape was a large, four-legged thing with purple fur and a giant, poofy tail positioned in such a way that it stopped right above the creature’s head, which was also purple. It had a large muzzle, and small purple ears poked out from under the tail. Small, squinted eyes turned from happiness to disappointment to embarrassment, in the span of a few moments. “I...don’t get it...” He muttered. Shaking his head wildly, the Skuntank said, “I must have mixed up his scent. It’s been a while since I saw him...”

“Saw who?” Kris asked confusedly. The Skuntank jumped. “What...? Uhh... Tank! Skun-tank! Tanktanktank!” Both could feel an anime sweatdrop on their heads. It felt weird, like it was just floating next to them and dampening their hair. “Why are you saying your name?” Caro cocked an eyebrow.

“What’s attracted you this time, Skuntank?” A metallic whirr sounded from the alley that Skuntank had emerged from. A Magnezone hovered a few feet above the ground. It was a large, oval-shaped metal Pokémon, with two black magnets jutting out at the front, their tips red and blue. A single red eye stared unblinkingly at them, and some huge screws near the back rotated slightly.

“I thought I found him... but I got these two humans instead. But I think they can understand what we’re saying.” Skuntank shrugged back to his metallic counterpart. “What?” The Magnezone protested. “That’s impossible.” Caro and Kris shared a quick glance. Magnezone pointed one magnet at Caro. “You! What does Pikachu evolve into? And how?”

Caro blinked for a second, then responded. “P-pikachu evolves into Raichu, with a Thunderstone...” The steel Pokemon lowered its magnet slowly, staring at Caro.

“Who... are you...?” He muttered.

“And just why should we tell you?” Kris glared at the two Pokemon, hands folded over her chest.

“All right, fine, Miss Defensive.” The Magnezone huffed. “Why are you here, and where are you going?”

“You sure ask a lot of questions...” Caro pointed out.

“Shut up!” the Pokémon growled in response.

“Fine, fine. We’ll tell you a little bit.” Kris grumbled. She didn’t like this street Pokémon at all.

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 03-14-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Giratina Offline

Dear Arceus, not much comments lately...

BEGIN Chapter Eight;
All Too Familiar

“...Yeah. We’ve never been to this part of the world before, and our friend hasn’t been here for a really, really long time...” Kris finished with a shrug. Magnezone still wasn’t persuaded. “Where is this friend of yours?” He asked. “In the forest.” Caro replied. “He doesn’t really like to be around people. Don’t ask me why – he’s sort of weird.” Skuntank blinked. “You never told us this guy’s name!” He pointed out. “Oh, yeah. His name is Helio.” Kris shrugged again. Magnezone glared at her for another brief moment, then dipped the front part of his body forward in a nodding action.

“Fine.” He grumbled, clearly unhappy about not getting much information. “Go now.” He pointed a magnet towards the south exit of the City. Kris nodded and swiveled towards it. “Right. Bye.” She grabbed Caro’s arm and set a swift pace. Skuntank glanced up at Magnezone. “Well?” It asked. “Are you going to send a Magnemite after them?”

“Of course.” The screws on Magnezone’s back began to turn in different directions, eventually turning so that one point of the plus-shaped indents on the tops of each one were facing the antenna atop its head.

Almost immediately, a Magnemite came to a halt in front of him. “Go follow those humans, and see what they’re up to. Then, report back to me. Stealth mode, if possible.” The Magnemite did a full cartwheel to show its approval, and then set off at a pace to match the two humans.

++++++++++++++++++++++

The Magnemite was sending a steady flow of pictures and data back to its leader, who was skimming it, searching for something useful and/or interesting. But when the Magnemite sent a rather odd report, Magnezone began to pay more attention...

“New target identified. New target human male, adult. Targets interacting with New Target. Over.”

Then the next picture feed came in, and Skuntank’s mouth fell wide open at what was happening on Magnezone’s projection. “No... way.” He squeaked. “Do you think that guy was...?”

“Of course he was, dimwit. You just didn’t realize it.” Magnezone replied, still staring at the video feed, when a new message came in to interrupt their gawking.

“Target identified. Additional identification now available. Name: Cyrus (Surname Unavailable). Most recent identified sighting: Spear Pillar. Estimated: 10 years and three days previous to current date.”

That feed closed the matter. Skuntank scrabbled to his paws, racing off into the woods at incredible speed. Magnezone whirred along behind him, not wanting to be left out. Well, it’s about time. Where in Arceus’ name have you been...?

+++++++++++++++++++

“Do you hear something?” Caro asked. “It sounds like buzzing of some kind...” He turned to Kris. She stopped and listened, trying to concentrate with all of her might. “No. I don’t hear anything... you must be hallucinating, Caro. Heh heh.” Kris snickered. “Hey!” Caro shouted back.

“Anyway, we’re nearly to the edge of the city... and there he is, up there.” Kris nodded to a dark cluster of foliage, where a single figure was only just discernible against the dark shadows.

Caro ran ahead into the darkness, while Kris paused for a little while. She looked around, wary of the dark shadows of the dusk-enveloped city. Anyone could be in those shadows... or anything, for that matter. And she didn’t know how dangerous that anything was. And that was dangerous.

Caro took a few more paces forward, until he was sure that the person lurking in the trees was, indeed, Cyrus. Caro smiled at him, and got a nod in response. Turning back around, Caro pointed to Kris. She was still lurking around silently back there for whatever reason. He walked back out of the shadowed area to retrieve her.

“Hey. Wake up, Sleeping Beautifly.” Caro clapped his hands together in front of Kris’ face, which effectively earned him a punch to the gut. “Watch it, Mr. Brilliant.” She spat back. Caro rubbed his stomach. “Fine, fine. Geez, let’s just get out of here.” He turned back to the forest, about to enter.

He hadn’t even put his foot down before a large purple thing bowled him over and scampered into the forest. “Yeep!” Caro shouted, struggling to regain his balance. He failed and tumbled to the gtound in a heap. “Heh.” Kris snoerted, and walked over next to the still-winded Caro. “Can’t even keep your ba-“ Her sentence was cut off by a large black thing smacking into her arm, and sending her flying into the ground beside Caro.

Kris looked up, just in time to see a Skuntank and a Magnezone moving into the forest, in Cyrus’ direction. Wait a minute... Cyrus’ dirction? If they ran into him, well...

Kris scampered to her feet, and pulled Caro up. He nodded thanks before they both dashed off in pursuit of the Pokémon who had ever so graciously slammed them into the ground, and then headed off in a direction dangerously close to their friend who nobody should be seeing in this point in time.

The sound of crunching leaves brought Cyrus back to his senses. From the sound of it, whoever was making them wasn’t a two-legged creature, so...

Wait a second. That was a buzzing. A very familiar buzzing. That was the buzzing of a frantic Magnezone, no mistaking it.

Turning to the location of the buzzing, Cyrus stared off into the darkness. It seemed to shift and turn, and little specks of light appeared to glint off of something... he barely had time to register this before a huge purple ball of fuzz rammed him down.

“What the-“ The Magnezone dashed into the small clearing, staring at the Skuntank now sitting contentedly on Cyrus’ chest and purring like a cat. “Skuntank, get off of there, you gre- Oh.” Magnezone stopped short as he thumped the mass of fur and claw off of Cyrus. “Hello again.” He said sternly.

Cyrus opened his mouth to reply, but stopped himself. He left it open for a few seconds before closing it again and letting the situation run in his head. “This isn’t happening.” He muttered. “It isn’t. You’re just some regular Magnezone and some hyperactive Skuntank who... who...”

Skuntank looked back at him over the large mass of fur that was his tail and seemed to cock an eyebrow. “Quit denying it.” He said. Cyrus stared back at Magnezone, who was staring at Skuntank, who was still staring at Cyrus. “Hi.” He chirped.

“First off, what are you and Skuntank doing here?” Cyrus asked, getting up. Magnezone sighed. “Long story... very, very, very long. Are you traveling with a couple of pipsqueaks? And what the heck for?”

“Magnezone, shut up.” Skuntank rolled over to glare at Magnezone. “Can’t you see he’s had a long day?”

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 10-26-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

XD Cute. I get the feeling the Skuntank was like a pet to Cyrus XD He certainly acts that way. Lol.

Good few chapters!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Giratina Offline

Not exactly a pet, but you were close. :3 Thanks for the compliments. x3

(vpp da)
Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Ch. 8, babeh~ {Happy Halloween!}

So Cyrus knows the two Pokemon they met in town. Intriguing coincedence.
He seems a little....surprised? So far in this story, I didn't think that was possible, but that's what it was.
The next chapter should be interesting.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Ch. 8, babeh~ {Happy Halloween!}

Yes. Yes it should.

BEGIN Chapter Nine;
Bizarre and Mostly Unknown References

“What’s going on...?” Caro asked as he and Kris finally found their way into the clearing where the little rendezvous was in full swing. “You...” Magnezone turned back to Kris. “You... LIED! Lying liar! I understand why, yeah, but you LIED!” He pointed one magnet to Kris in an accusing fashion.

“Me?” Kris snorted, and pointed to herself. “Why, I never.” She shrugged. “I told you the truth. I gave you his name.” Magnezone glared at Cyrus. “Did you…?” He asked. Magnezone was big on truthfulness, it seemed. “Yes. I did.” He got up, and walked over to Caro and Kris.

“I lied to you, but only because I wasn’t sure who you were.” Caro and Kris stared at him, blinking as if they didn’t believe what they were hearing. “My name isn’t Helio. It’s Cyrus.” He honestly didn’t want to know what Caro and Kris would say when they found out he had been lying to them from the get-go, but it was unavoidable thanks to the… new additions.

“I understand.” Kris smiled at him. “I get it completely. You were really suspicious and wanted to see if anyone else went through what you did, so you gave us a fake name. How did you think it up, though?” She asked. “I’m not sure, honestly. It just flicked into my mind. But perhaps you should just keep on calling me Helio, just to have another small defense.” Cyrus replied.

Caro cut in to the conversation, as he seemed to be quite fond of doing lately. “Okay. So who are they?” He pointed to Magnezone and Skuntank somewhat accusingly. “Right. Those two.” Cyrus nodded at Magnezone. “First up is Magnezone. Last time I saw him, he was a Magneton. The reason he recognized me was… he was my Pokémon when I was younger, actually. I gave his Pokéball to somebody I trusted when the whole thing started, and he must have evolved in the meantime. I’m not sure why he returned to Mt. Coronet, however.”

Caro and Kris stared at Magnezone for a few seconds. “And Skuntank,” he continued, “was Jupiter’s. You recall me telling you about her, correct?” The two nodded. A few seconds passed, and…

“That’s why you wanted to find him really bad!” Caro gasped, as if he had just realized this. He turned to Skuntank, a look of absolute confusion twisted on his face. Kris glared at him, and he shrugged back. “What? Just because I’m not as good as you two at figuring things out…” Kris rolled her eyes. “Well, where do we go from here?” She asked.

Magnezone spoke. “She’s looking for you, you know.” He told Cyrus. “She’s still got her hopes up. I don’t know how she did it, but she still does.” Cyrus nodded, as if he understood the whole thing. “And the Murkrows?” He asked. “Um. Yeah. About them…” “Please don’t tell me she has the Murkrows.” Magnezone didn’t reply.

“I figured. Who else?” “Uhh… let’s see. Last time I checked, she had Arbok, Moltres, Aerodactyl, and Raikou. Along with the Murkrows and that Luxray you did a while back, but he’s somewhere else. She lost the controller, and…” “Of course she did.” Cyrus got up. “Anyway, we would best be going now.” Caro and Skuntank stared up at him, horrified.

“Like… without Skuntank?” Caro whined. He had started up a conversation with Skuntank, as Cyrus and Magnezone's conversation was far too boring.“Jupiter released me, officially. It’s legal.” Skuntank explained. “All right, fine. Magnezone, do you have the Pokéball?” Magnezone dipped his front parts forward in a nodding motion. “You wanted it?” “Of course I wanted it.” Magnezone tossed him the scratched-up Ultra Ball. “Thank you. Now, we get going.”

Caro nodded. He had already caught Skuntank, and was now safely in a Pokéball. “Well, this was fun. How come I don’t get a new Pokémon?” “I don’t think Toxicroak or Purugly are anywhere around here. So, no. You don’t get a new Pokémon.” Kris grumbled angrily, but gave no further comment.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Later that night, Kris woke up in her sleep. After realizing the other two were still asleep, she slunk off to check out the scenery. As she walked, the gentle cooing and hooting of the night Pokémon echoed all around her. Breathing deeply, Kris felt much better. She didn’t know why she went to this place, but it was quite a sight to see.

“You came here too, huh?” A Bibarel slunk out from behind a clump of trees. “It’s real pretty this time of night… it calms me.” Kris jumped, but soon relaxed when she saw it was only a Bibarel. “You’re right.” She said, looking at the scenery. The Bibarel was a little surprised when she responded in a way that made sense, but shrugged it off.

“I heard about you.” He said, smiling at her. “You’re that girl who talks to Pokémon, aren’t you? They said you used to be a Raichu.” Kris shook her head. “Persian,” she corrected. “A friend of mine was the Raichu.” The Bibarel’s aloof grin turned to a slight grimace as he remembered something.

“Have you heard? Some friends of mine said that madman was back.” “Which one?” Kris asked, beginning to get worried. “That’s right, there are a lot of nutcases here. But the one I’m talking about… the one who tried to control Giratina.” The Bibarel shuddered. “I thought he got what he deserved, but not so for those of us looking on from above.” The Bibarel glanced up towards the stars.

Kris was beginning to feel sick. “My friends and I haven’t been here in a while, so I don’t know any of the history…” Bibarel nodded. “I see. What happened was, this weirdo just had a bunch of slave clones stomping around trying to steal Pokémon. Makes me sick. And then he went about trying to steal Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf… then you know what? He tried to blow up the universe, that’s what he tried to do. It’s disgusting. Sometimes I wonder if people like him have any emotion at all.”

“But he hasn’t been doing anything ridiculous. In fact, a friend of mine saw him just the other day. He’s a Trainer’s Pokémon, see. So am I. Met the guy up in the sky. He was flying on that Honchkrow of his, and… that thing is strong.”

“Oh, hey. My Trainer must have realized I’m gone. Nice talking to you.” The Bibarel got up and chirped happily as a girl ran on to the scene. “Bibarel! There you a-“ As soon as she saw Kris, her face hardened. “You weren’t talking to her, were you? I hope not. People like her shouldn’t get away from their scummy friends.” Kris snorted angrily. “Excuse me?” She asked, standing up. “What do you have against my friends?” She, in reality, knew exactly what the girl had against her friends, but she wasn’t thinking.

“Yeah, you heard me.” The girl growled. “That scumbag buddy of yours, on the Honchkrow. Don’t you know what he did?” She turned around. “Come on, Bibarel.” She said. “You don’t need to socialize with brats like this.” Bibarel shot Kris a shocked glance before following his Trainer. He felt terrible.

He had just recently pieced together what his Trainer and her Swellow had said. “Yikes.” He grumbled. “I didn’t mean to hurt you like that, whoever you were… you seemed like a nice person. Much better than this girl…” Bibarel gave a glance back at Kris, before his Trainer’s harsh voice reached his ears. “Don’t look back, Bibarel. Keep walking and you’ll get out of her pollution zone.”

That was the last straw. “You know what?” Bibarel spat, even though he knew his Trainer didn’t know what he was saying. “I’ll pass.” He shot a Water Gun at her back and plodded away, Pokéball in hand, right back to Kris. “Here.” He said. Handing the Pokéball to Kris, he smiled warmly. “You’re much better than she is, even if I need to travel with that… guy. And, I’m sorry about what I said earlier…” He looked away.

“It’s all right,” Kris smiled back at him, “you didn’t know. Do you have a name you like to call yourself?” “No, I just stick with Bibarel.” She took the Ball from his paw and examined it. It was dirty and slightly rusty – she had a bad feeling about this girl. “Bibarel,” she said, “welcome to the team.”

ALSO:

I placed three clues to Helio's actual identity in the first chapter. Can you spot them all? ;D

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Halloween + free time = NEW CHAPTER! (Nine.)

That was a pretty good chapter. Talk about a good way to get a new Pokemon, from a trainer who's not nice.
Although, I don't think it would really be quite so easy. ^^'
Good job describing the mood when Kris went off by herself. (that feels weird...Kris...) A quiet, peaceful place is always nice to find sometimes. Hey, good things happen! ^^
Old 11-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Giratina Offline

That Trainer is probably going to be coming back sometime soon, and might take the role of Kris' rival. (I swear, the name was a coincidence! xD)

If you can find the three hints in the first chapter, you get a cookie. ;D

The next chapter will have a large and epic fight scene. :3 But you didn't hear it from me. You heard it from... the Magikarp salesman. Yeah. That guy.

Also, in response to your previous comment, everyone has emotions. Spear Pillar Incident, anyone? ;D

I wasn't paying much attention at that time.

Riiiiight. xD

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-02-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Giratina Offline

BEGIN Chapter Ten;
Rin

When Kris re-entered the clearing where the three had camped for the night, she found Cyrus performing a rather unusual practice on Magnezone.

“Wh-what are you doing?” She squeaked. Cyrus looked up. He appeared to be… repairing Magnezone. “You don’t know how a Magnezone works! You could hurt him!” She ran over, but Cyrus put out a hand. “One, I’m good with machines. Two, I’ve been living as a Magneton for the past ten years. If that isn’t knowing what you’re doing, I can’t think of what is.”

Kris grumbled angrily and got back into her sleeping bag, Bibarel curled up next to her.

+++++++++++++++

“We should be nearing Sandgem Town right about now.” It was the next morning, and Caro, Kris, and Cyrus were on their own once again. “Shrubbery?” Caro asked in a bored tone, turning to Cyrus for a second. “Shrubbery.” Came the equally blank reply.

+++++++++++++

“Hey, Caro. I’m going to poke around over there. Don’t get yourself killed, okay?” Kris pointed to one end of Sandgem Town. “Whatever.” Caro mumbled. He turned the other way to wander aimlessly. He did so, for a few minutes… until a rather dramatic entrance interrupted him.

“Hey! You!”

Abruptly, a woman burst out of a house on the northern side of town. She was a thin person, wearing a black shirt and blue pants underneath a white lab coat. She had jet-black hair that went down to her shoulder blades in he back with long stringy bangs covering her face. Her eyes were a bit larger than normal, and her face a bit longer, too. She looked to be what humans called a ‘professor’.

Caro nearly jumped out of his skin as the woman blasted out the door facing him, panting slightly. “Have you seen a tall guy, spiky blue hair, sorta pale fa-“ Apparently, this lady was describing Cyrus. Caro opened his mouth to respond, but at that moment, an Ursaring slipped outside and covered one broad paw over the woman’s mouth. “Urrrrrrrrsa-ring!” It scolded.

“What in the- Professor, are you ambushing travelers again?” A third figure stomped out of the house. This one was a female, about twelve years old. Most of her thick, brown hair was tied back in a lengthy ponytail, though her bangs and some locks on the side of her face were left untied. She was wearing a white shirt under a tattered charcoal-colored jacket, as well as blue jeans patched in various places. A look of combined embarrassment and anger was twisted onto her face. “Ursaring, you can let go now.” She commanded.

The girl turned to Caro, who recognized her immediately and backed up a few steps. “Wait a second…” the girl began. “You’re with the scumbag, aren’t you?” Her eyes narrowed. “Where’s the other tagalong? Licking her wounds in the forest? Shame… I wanted to ask how the useless Bibarel she got was coming along.”

“Actually, I’m right here.” Kris said bitingly, exiting the Pokémart and moving over to stand next to Caro. “You called?” She growled. “Well, isn’t this just fine and good. Hey, you know what I just noticed? The scumbag isn’t here. Now, where could he be…?” The girl looked around in mock confusion; hand on her chin, she wanted to see Caro and Kris’ reaction.

+++++++++++

Cyrus really detested Sandgem Town.

Not only was it dangerously close to Mesprit, it was also where the brat – Dawn, was it? – Was currently in residence. No doubt about it; if the woman – as she probably was now - saw him, Cyrus was dead meat. He made his way as quickly and quietly as he could through the vegetation, but stopped short when he heard Kris’ voice echoing form the town. Was she… shouting?

“This will not end well.” He began to peer out from the shadows of a large building – probably Dawn’s lab, but he didn’t honestly care – and watched as the scene unfolded before him.

Kris and another girl seemed to be shouting, in an argument of some sort. The girl… she was the same idiot who had attacked him in midair a few days ago. His prediction, he felt, was entirely correct; this would not end well at all.

“What’s your name, anyway?” Caro huffed. “We can’t possibly unleash our poison-tongued wrath upon you without your name.” Kris glared at him, but the girl fell for it. “You,” she said, “may call me Rin. I came from Kanto, and have traveled all over the world, y’see – but I don’t see how dingbats like you knew what Kanto was.” Kris snarled. If there was one thing she hated, it was people acting all high-and-mighty and treating everyone else like dirt.

“Now listen here, you.” Kris growled at Rin. “I’d be more than happy to kick you and your Pokémon’s sorry tails.” Rin smiled nastily. “Aww, but I really do hate seeing insolent little children get hurt… well, okay. Double battle. Me against you and your boyfriend.” Caro wasn’t paying much attention up until this point, but at the mention of him being Kris’ girlfriend he stiffened up. “You’re on.” He spat at her. “Ooh, goody goody.”

“Charizard, Tyranitar. You’re up.” Rin flung two Pokéballs into the air, to reveal two menacing Pokémon. One was a large red-orange dragon, with a long tail tipped with fire that lashed every which way. It had a strong jaw, and bared its sharp teeth. Leathery dragon wings spread out as it roared, making the Charizard look even scarier than it already was.

The other was a large green lizard-like Pokémon, with thick armor. Its eyes glinted malevolently, as it let out a huge roar. It had a blue diamond-shaped indentation in its stomach area, as well as an armored, multi-layered tail. Tyranitar shook its large head violently, and put out one claw, talon pointed at the two teenagers with a very “Hey! You!” expression on its face. (Yes, this was a reference to the incredibly amusing D/P sprite.)

Rin sighed. “Tyranitar, Tyranitar. Must you be so showy?” Tyranitar rumbled, but made no further comment. Kris rolled her eyes. “Can’t you see your Pokémon hate you? You’re a bad Trainer, and you don’t cut them any slack. At all.” She took out a Pokéball, and glanced at Caro. “Right. Sneasel, go!” He flung the ball into the air, and Sneasel leapt back down, ready to pummel whatever stood in its way.

At least it was, until it saw what its opponents were. “A Charizard. Really.” Sneasel glared back at Caro. Kris shook her head, and took out a Pokéball. “Medicham, get ready!” Medicham leaped out from its Ball in a graceful motion, striking a taunting pose before getting into battle position. Caro stared at her as if she was stupid, but Kris just grinned back. “It’s okay,” she whispered. “I have it covered.” Caro shook his head and turned back to the battle.

Rin either wasn’t thinking, or didn’t remember Medicham’s move set, as she decided to attack Sneasel. “Tyranitar, Stone Edge on Sneasel!” Tyranitar began to slam the ground with its tail and fists, sending large chunks of rock into the air. A bright white glow emitted from its eyes as the boulders were sent hurdling towards Sneasel.

But, just for good measure, Charizard began charging a Fire Fang. Once the necessary amount of combustion was arranged in its mouth (it must be heat-proof), Charizard lunged for Medicham. She giggled like a young girl, and watched with a grin as the Charizard aimed for her. At the last second, she leaped in the air and landed behind Charizard with a spin and a Thunderpunch.

Sneasel yelped in pain as the Super Effective Rock-type move came in contact. He was knocked back, but endured and was still ready to fight. Tyranitar rolled its eyes and lined up a Rock Slide. “Metal Claw, Sneasel!” “Now you’re thinking.” Sneasel’s claw took on a metallic sheen, and he sprinted towards the Tyranitar, who was busy making a giant rock appropriate for sliding. The Super Effective attack hit him in the unguarded blue area of his chest. “GACK!” Tyranitar shouted. “That was cheap, man. Real cheap.” He began to haul the huge boulder up, until he could fling it at Sneasel.

Medicham, noticing that Sneasel was in trouble, turned her attention away from Charizard. “Hi Jump Kick!” Medicham proclaimed as she bounded into the air once again; she wasn’t trying to be fancy or graceful this time – she just needed to be accurate. Charizard took the chance, and began another Fire Fang.

The following situation was quite interesting: Tyranitar was on the receiving end of one of Medicham’s Hi Jump Kicks while she was being bitten around the waist by Charizard. A simultaneous scream of pain from Medicham and Tyranitar ensued. Both fell to the ground, defeated.

Charizard blew the last bit of smoke from his mouth, and looked around. This little skirmish of theirs had attracted the attention of the entire town. Even Ursaring had dragged Professor Dawn Driftwood out from her lab to watch.

“Well, well.” Charizard let out a loud laugh that made Sneasel whimper in fear. “It would seem your comrade-in-arms has fainted. You have no decent attacks against me, and almost any move in my arsenal could destroy you in a heartbeat. I think I’ll savor the moment, and watch you cower at the same time! This is just too much fun.” Charizard shot a toothy grin down at Sneasel, who was looking up into the large dragon’s eyes.

This is it, man. Sneasel thought. It’s been a nice life.

CLIFFHANGER!

About time, too.

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-07-2008 at 08:20 PM.