Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Promised Fate: Chains of Destiny

Promised Fate: Chains of Destiny

Destiny calls… for its heroes.
Light requires… mighty champions.
Darkness sends… demonic warlords.
The world… falls.

The beginning of time… an empty space. What is to become of it? It shall be filled. The Oracles begin, a shape appears, the Lands are formed, and the creators disappear.
Shiyara is what they are named. Later someday, someday to be famed. Yet it is an unpleasant place. Who can be blamed?
Its creators? The first forms of life? Was it the struggle between dark and light that shattered the Lands? The Lands’ destruction, at wars’ hands?
It will be fine, it will end. Because in due time, the Oracles will send… guardians.
Protectors they were meant to be, yet enslaved to the Oracles, never to be free. Corrupted, enraged, lost minds and twisted. More warriors to come, more to join the fray. And then, at the end of the day… all was back to its original state. Was it over? Was it done? Was it just the beginning, had nobody won?

“It was fate.”

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Last edited by Focal; 10-21-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Re: Promised Fate: Chains of Destiny

***Intro***

“You don’t know what I’ve been though, Ara,” a man named Tulaan said. “You can’t ask me to go back and do it again. I refuse.”

The man named Ara shook his head. “I understand that you wish to keep the past just that, but I beg of you to return there. We really need your knowledge of the area and your experience from being there,” he said quietly.

Tulaan slammed his fist against the wall behind him. “I SAID NO! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF HELL IT IS THERE! I DO! WHICH IS WHY I’M NOT GOING BACK!” he yelled. Ara cowered in fear of the large and furious man in front of him, as he continued to yell. “ONCE, AND NEVER AGAIN I SAID TO YOU BACK THEN! I MEANT IT!”

Panting, Tulaan fell back into his chair. He looked at Ara with flaming eyes, and fiercely said, “Leave. Next time you bring this up, I shall slay you on the damned spot. This is your first and only warning, Ara.”

Ara turned on his heel and left as quick as he could without saying a word. Tulaan then laid his face in his hands as tears began to roll down his cheeks and fall to the floor.

“The False Nexus… who does he think he is?” he whispered to himself.

*BOOM*

Tulaan got to his feet at the sound of the explosion, and quickly grabbing his axe he rushed outside. What he saw made him stop in his tracks in fear of what it was, and shock of it being there.

“Never again…” Tulaan said to himself. “Obviously…” Whatever it was that was frightening him grew closer. “It is…” It drew back its enormous claw, and Tulaan readied his axe. “My destiny…” He leaped forward, weapon high above his head, as the deadly claws of the creature in front of him struck. The two collided, and all grew silent…

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Focal Offline

***Chapter 1: The Last One***

“You don’t know what I’ve been through, Gavvar,” a man named Aldar said. “You can’t ask me to train you in a time like this.”

The young man named Gavvar sighed. “But you’re my teacher! Without you, where am I going to learn the knowledge?”

“You’ll get someone else. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t want my pupils to go without finishing their training. I’ve already appointed someone to take my place. She may not be as qualified as me, but she has been my apprentice since she was three,” Aldar replied. He smiled. “She showed great potential back then, but lately she’s been slacking off. I want you to be good to her and help her see how important it is to take druidism seriously.”

Gavvar groaned. “But master, why? Why this? Please, consider asking the elders for a healing! At least until this group of students is done with the training!” Tears sprung to his eyes. “But… you’re not going to, of course. Alright then.”

“It’s okay, Gavvar. You know if I got a healing to keep me alive until you were all done, I’d be around for another five or so years! You yourself have at least another three to complete, and you’ve been busy for the past six,” he said, and wheezed a little. “Just listen to what Carinn has to teach you, and I’ll see you when it’s your time. Now go, today’s lesson continues.”

Gavvar smiled and wiped his eyes. He turned and walked towards the door, but stopped when he reached the opening. He turned back to face Aldar, and said, “I’ll make you proud.”

Aldar nodded. “I know you will.”

“The knowledge of the ancient druids will be mine as well. In honor of you, I will unravel the gift of beasts, and the world will know my name, and the name of who taught me,” Gavvar said proudly, and left.

Aldar coughed and turned to the window beside the bed. “Good luck, young druid. Your path is unclear. Blurred. It is uncertain what destiny holds for you…”

:::::

“You must be Gavvar,” the young man heard from somewhere in front of him. He looked up and saw a young woman, who couldn’t have been much older than himself. She had dark red hair, which was sleek to her shoulders, where it curled up at the ends. Her deep, blue eyes looked serious but her face was kind and sweet, and Gavvar knew he would have no troubles with this girl.

“Yeah, that’s me. Sorry for being late, I was with Aldar,” he replied, looking down, for she was a couple inches shorter than him.

She smiled. “It’s alright, I understand. You were close to him I heard, so it must be hard for you.”

Gavvar sighed. “I’m losing a friend, mentor and the closest thing I have to a parent. But I’ll be fine. I just have to stick to my goal, and never forget him.”

The girl smiled even wider, exposing shining teeth. “Well, we should get started. As I already told the rest, we’ll be studying a special spell that should only be used with great caution, and only when truly necessary. The spell is so dangerous, that it never should be necessary,” she said. She gazed at Gavvar as he laughed.

“You’re talking about the Spell of Reverse? The one that allows you to reverse your bloodstream’s flow and that of the one whom you’re in contact with? The one that can take away your own life if you don’t abort it on time? Yeah, I think I’ll skip this lesson, and I advise you not to teach it,” he said. His look became very serious as he said that. “That spell is extremely dangerous, and belongs to the top five most lethal spells in the world, and is number two in druidism.”

“Number three,” the girl said. “You’re forgetting the gift of the beasts.”

Gavvar laughed and shook his head. “That’s not a spell, and is hardly considered lethal. That’s more for support, and it’s a transformation. Spells require you to use your energies to be able to cast them, while the gift requires great discipline, concentration and of course, the understanding of the beast into which you wish to change.”

Everyone clapped, and the girl went red in the face. “I guess you’re right. I’m sorry, I just figured it would be good as a first lesson.”

Gavvar smiled. “Well, depends who you’re teaching. The whole class besides me has been studying for only a year, so the reverse spell is way too soon for them, and it has no use to teach me.”

“Oh? You know how to cast it then?” the girl asked, and Gavvar couldn’t tell if she was amazed or laughing at him on the inside.

“Yes. Master Aldar had taught me three years ago, that was one year before I lost my parents. When combat struck the village, I lost focus and cast it without realizing how dangerous it actually was,” he said, as tears began to roll down his face again. “The pain alone was almost fatal, and when I couldn’t stop it I grew frightened. My attacker froze in his tracks, for he had me pinned to the ground. I watched his eyes go wild, and he quickly died on top of me, and there was no way for me to stop…”

Everyone held their breath as they waited for him to gather the strength to finish his story.

“And then Aldar came to my rescue. When he touched me, I could see him writhe in pain, but he interrupted the spell, and brought me to safety as I watched the village burn, and…” he gasped for air. “And I watched my parents fall to the blade of Dimo’Ran, the warlord of the orcish tribe called Grimgrip. He came after the master and me, and that’s when I learned how to really control the spell. Master thought it would be the perfect teaching moment. Since then, the Grimgrip tribe has been hunting him down, along with a boy who was with him during the orc’s final hour.”

“That’s quite the tale. How old were you then?” the girl asked.

“I lost my parents when I was eighteen. I learned the spell when I was seventeen. But I heard you’ve been showing signs of druidism since you were three, so what I’ve learned is nothing compared to you,” Gavvar said quietly.

The girl blushed and looked down at her feet. “Who can say? Anyways, class dismissed. I’ll think up another lesson, and contact you all for the next date.”

She turned to Gavvar, who already knew she wished to speak to him.

“Aldar always spoke of you, you know. You were his favorite by far,” she said as they walked down the path to the giant lake that lay at the foot of the village. The trees were as green and alive as they always were, but why shouldn’t they be, when they have several druids taking care of them?

Gavvar looked up to the sky, thoughtfully. “Well, I have been around longer than anyone else. I was born and raised here, while the other druids come in from other places for training by the great druid Aldar. Heh…”

The girl stopped, and Gavvar followed suit. They looked at each other, and the girl stuck out her hand to shake. Gavvar took it, and she smiled.

“I’m Carinn, by the way. Thanks for asking,” she said with a small laugh.

“Aldar already told me, so it was nothing new to me,” Gavvar replied.

They let go of each other’s hands, and Carinn flew into Gavvar’s arms in an embrace and began to cry.

“I don’t want to lose him, Gavvar! He’s been so kind to me, and he’s always looked after me! What am I supposed to do without his guidance?” she cried loudly on his shoulder.

Surprised by this sudden turn of emotions, he returned the embrace and patted her on the back. He too, was sad, so he knew exactly how she felt.

“It’ll be fine. He’ll always be around, probably as a spirit of nature. He’ll keep an eye on us, don’t worry,” he said and looked at Carinn. Her eyes were bloodshot and her nose was red. He wiped the tears away from her face, and took a step back.

“You know the students won’t stay without Aldar. He’s the reason why they came. The next person they’d really listen to is me, but even then they know I was still nothing but a pupil myself,” Gavvar said sternly. “Make the right choice. Don’t set up a next lesson, and put an end to his legacy. His time has been great, and we shouldn’t take it into something less great.”

Carinn nodded. “His story ends here.”

Gavvar looked towards the lake and saluted the horizon. “Here’s to you Aldar, may you rest in peace, and forever protect the nature you fought for your whole life.”

Carinn also turned to the lake and dove in, making the water splash over the side at Gavvar’s feet. “Come on, follow me, there’s something I want to show you!”

Gavvar didn’t think twice, and dove right in after her, and followed her to the other side of the lake, where an enormous tree stood: the one that carried the great spirit of nature herself.

“You know what this place is, right?” she asked Gavvar as they pulled themselves onto the bank, after several minutes of swimming.

Gavvar nodded. “Of course I do. I am a druid after all. The Spirit Tree is nothing new.”

Carinn giggled. “The Spirit Tree… the name used by the ones in this village and the rest of the world, but not the proper name. Master never told you?”

“Its true name? He did,” Gavvar said as a dark look swept his face. “The Devil’s Horn… a tree planted by the master demon himself, in order to help dark spirits cross over from his realm to ours.”

Carinn looked amazed. “He really taught you a lot. I’m amazed he didn’t choose you as his follower.”

“He had his reasons, I guess. He probably didn’t like the way I dressed or how I combed my hair,” Gavvar said, and Carinn laughed.

“I just met you, but it feels like we’ve been friends forever,” she said.

“Probably because of our bond with Aldar. Such bonds can bond others as well. All it takes is a connection,” Gavvar replied. He turned to his new friend to smile, but noticed she had come really close. His heart began to beat furiously, and his face went numb. He could feel himself blushing, and wanted to pull away, but was scared to do so.

Carinn smiled and leaned in closer, and without another thought, it was Gavvar who closed the gap between them and kissed her, which didn’t last long.

A scream echoed from across the lake, and Gavvar quickly pulled back and could see smoke rising in the late afternoon sky. He jumped up to his feet and quickly dove back into the water and began to swim towards the village.

He heard Carinn behind him, and she was a much faster swimmer than him, for she had quickly caught up. “What do you think happened?” she asked in a frightened tone.

“I don’t know,” Gavvar wheezed back. “But when we get back, I want you to gather the woman and children that haven’t gone to safety and bring them to the temple. That’s the safest place of the village. The rest of us will do what we can to protect everyone.”

“The rest of you?” she asked curiously.

“The men,” he said shortly.

Carinn said no more, and hurried on ahead, and Gavvar tried to keep up, but failed. Finally, he reached the shore and saw half the village was burning. He quickly hurried forward and saw an enormous beast, with razor sharp claws and foot long fangs. It had a dark red fur with a white underbelly, and its blackened eyes were following something in front of him. When Gavvar got closer he saw it was Tulaan, a mighty warrior who had seen the battlefields all across the Lands, and even participated in several in his younger days.

Gavvar grabbed a sword from the ground and rushed forward to help the warrior, but was pushed to the ground by someone. Gavvar looked up and saw another dark and sinister creature lurking above him, ready to thrust its blade through the druids gut.

As the skeleton drove the blade down, it was blasted back by a great ball of energy produced by one of the mages. Gavvar nodded to him and turned back to Tulaan and the beast.

“TULAAN! YOU HAVE TO RUN, THAT BEAST ISN’T WHAT IT SHOULD BE!” Gavvar yelled.

“I KNOW! BUT I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT!” he shouted as he dodged the whirlwind of claw. “IT’S ONE FROM THE FALSE NEXUS! RUN, GAVVAR! GET EVERYONE… AARGGHHHH!”

Gavvar gasped as Tulaan was thrown aside against the side of the mountain that lay beside the village. The beast had slashed him, and drew back one of its immense paws again, ready to finish the job, but Tulaan easily rolled away, and staggered over to Gavvar.

“Don’t worry, I’ll try to heal you!” Gavvar yelled.

He began to focus upon the wound, and sought for the right energy current, but it couldn’t be found.

“The beasts and creatures from the False Nexus block several energy currents… my life ends here, Gavvar…” he coughed and spat blood on the ground as he fell. “Please, get everyone away from here. These beasts cannot be slain without…”

But what was needed to slay the dark creatures, Gavvar didn’t learn, for the beast swept Tulaan into his claw and swallowed him whole, and Gavvar watched the warriors’ axe fall to the ground.

“No… Tulaan…” Gavvar whispered, and quickly ran to grab the weapon, and as he tried to flee again, he was pinned to the ground by the beasts’ paw. It put its face up to Gavvar’s, and licked its lips, dripping blood onto the druids’ face.

Gavvar could hear people scream, and the scurrying of feet towards the temple. He could hear Carinn shout out his name, and Gavvar could hear himself cry for help. Any kind of help…

As the beast opened its jaws wide, ready to take a bite, Gavvar lost all focus, and became more frightened that he had ever been before. The images of his parents popped into his mind, being slain by the orcish warlord. The image of Aldar falling ill, and saying he was dying crept across his eyes. Carinn’s face swam into view, and a pain that pierced Gavvar’s very soul erupted inside him. He thought that the beast had struck, but he opened his eyes and saw it had frozen, and was twitching in what appeared to be pain.

Slowly, he could feel his life slipping away from him, and the druid realized he had activated the Spell of Reverse without even knowing it. He pulled his mind into focus, knowing Aldar wasn’t around to save him this time. He watched as the beasts’ giant head began to swell, and its eyes started to bulge. Gavvar heard more shouts, but could barely hear them. His own eyelids began to droop, and knew he had to break the spell soon.

“Gavvar, break it now,” he heard.

Gavvar’s mind became clear, and he saw everything perfectly. Within a mere second, he let out a shout of pain, threw off the beast and broke off the spell, returning his blood flow back to normal.

“GAVVAR!”

He got up slowly, clutching his heart, and watched as the beast twitched. The others who were fighting made sure none of the other vile creatures would reach the druid. He felt someone wrap themselves around him, and knew it had to be Carinn. He turned around to her, and pushed her back.

“Not now. Go back to the temple, wait until it’s safe!” he said.

She gave a little cough in protest, but she obeyed. Gavvar quickly turned back to see the beasts’ head had turned to look at him. It was a scary sight, but quickly its eyelids closed and the beast died.

“GAH!” Gavvar shouted out as something hard hit him on the back of the head. He fell to the ground, and drifted off…

:::::

<What should we do with him?>

<He’s here. We should use him.>

<But is he worth it?>

<He defeated a Nexus beast.>

<A False Nexus beast, the two can’t be compared.>

<He’s just a boy!>

<He is powerful. And so young, it is amazing.>

“Nngh…”

<He is waking.>

Gavvar opened his eyes and looked up. What he saw made him jump to his feet, and feel frightened yet again. What he saw was a rare sight, and it marked his doom for sure.

Four enormous dragons were towering above him, in a pitch-black area. Gavvar could see nothing but his own body and the magical creatures above.

“Who… are you?” he asked uncertainly.

<Don’t be frightened,> said the red dragon.

<We’re here to help you,> the blue one replied.

The green one nodded and the black one said or did nothing.

“Help… me?” Gavvar was confused. Was he dead? Dreaming? Or was he in some other world?

<Yes,> said the black dragon. <And in return, you will help us.>

<We will grant you knowledge. We can give you the knowledge to find and use the gift of the beasts, and you shall receive our very own blessings,> the green one added.

The red one dragon spoke next. <We are in need of a defender. The Lands have been plunged into darkness, and dark creatures are appearing from everywhere and out of nowhere.>

<It has come to our attention that your village was recently attacked by Nexus creatures,> the blue one said.

<False Nexus,> corrected the black one.

<False Nexus creatures. You slew the mightiest of the group, the Grim Kargrân, by using the most lethal druid spell, and successfully too,> said the blue dragon in a proud voice.

The green dragon took a step forward. <You may not realize it, but you possess great power. We wish to send you on a certain path, but that is if you take the right fork in the road.>

<We have forged your destiny. But you hold the power to change it. Somewhere along the road, you will come across a decision that will send you down either the path to the Lands’ salvation, or down the path that leads towards its destruction,> said the black dragon clearly.

Gavvar’s head was spinning. He was talking with dragons who wanted him to save the Lands.

<Don’t worry, druid. You will not remember any of this until you make your decision. After the choice is made, the path cannot be strayed from,> said the red one.

<We hope you make the right decision, when the time comes. Until then, accept the blessing of your old mentor, Aldar. He will help you in your quest,> finished the blue dragon, and Gavvar felt himself rising upwards.

The dragons faded from view, and another voice echoed inside his hear: “You are the last one with the power to protect the Lands. Its fate lies in your hands.”

Gavvar had no idea what was going on, but he did know he wouldn’t remember any of this, so he decided to ponder upon it no more…

Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Focal Offline

***Chapter 2: Force of Nature***

“Nngh…”

Gavvar opened his eyes and looked around. His vision was blurred, but slowly it fell into focus. From his right he could hear talking.

“Gavvar, you’re awake!” a familiar voice sounded.

Gavvar turned his head and saw Aldar standing beside his bed, looking a lot better that he had before.

“Al… dar?” Gavvar moaned. “What… happened?”

Aldar smiled. “You had an encounter with a creature from the False Nexus, a place that holds countless dangers and mysteries. Or at least, to most people. Tulaan was one of those unfortunate enough to have been there and discovered the true horrors it held,” he said. “But that’s over of course.” He looked over to the giant axe that was propped up against the wall and sighed, as Gavvar was entranced by the bloodstained blade.

“False… Nexus… a Kargrân… Grim…” Gavvar wheezed.

Aldar’s eyes widened and he leaned in closer as another man followed suit. Gavvar recognized this man as Ara, the one who was in charge of the village’s protection together with Tulaan.

“Yes, yes, that was a Grim Kargrân, druid,” Ara said quietly. “But how would you know of its species? What are you teaching these children, Aldar?” Ara said while rounding on Gavvar’s master.

“I never taught him anything about the False Nexus nor any beast within its depths. As a matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve ever taught him anything outside the ranges of druidism or nature, or outside the history of this village.” He grimaced and turned to Gavvar. “How do you know of this creature, Gavvar? Was it Tulaan who told you?”

Gavvar closed his eyes and tried to remember. But as hard as he might try, he came up with nothing. He never really spoke to Tulaan, only when he felt like some mêlée training. Gavvar shook his head.

Ara got up and sighed. “Aldar, get this student of yours to tell you the whole story. You don’t have much longer, you know that. You’re lucky to have been granted redemption after what you did,” he said fiercely and left the room.

“Where am I?” Gavvar whispered.

“You are in the medical house. You have been in a coma for the past two weeks. Your actions saved the village, and I must say, I’ve never been prouder of you, Gavvar. You showed true courage, power and focus against that beast. Where Tulaan failed, you succeeded,” Aldar said, and a tear rolled down his face.

Gavvar took another look around and indeed he was under medical care. He could see the healer standing in the corner, working on somebody else. Gavvar himself was wrapped in a white robe and was lying underneath a light blue blanket, on the same bed Aldar was laying in not too long ago. The window was open, and the rays of sun poured in along with the sound of the splashes that came from the villager’s swimming in the lake.

“You’re alive, Aldar,” Gavvar said. He couldn’t help but grin.

“I couldn’t leave this place without knowing you would be okay. The minute I saw you being dragged in here, I quickly contacted the elders, who reluctantly granted me a prolonged life. I’m glad you woke when you did, as I only have two more days left to live now,” he said quietly. “Don’t listen to Ara. We know the whole story. He just doesn’t understand how you managed to kill the Kargrân when Tulaan failed.”

“Why did he say you were lucky to have been granted redemption? And you said the elders reluctantly healed you. What did you do?” Gavvar asked curiously, and he saw Aldar sigh.

“I… am ashamed of having done such a thing, but I cannot right this wrong. Those creatures from the False Nexus… they were here because… because…” Aldar went silent.

Gavvar patiently waited for him to finish, and watched in silence as the tears rolled down Aldar’s face.

“They were attacking our village because that old fool summoned them,” Aldar said in a dark voice. He raised his head and Gavvar saw a shadow behind the man’s eyes. He was not himself.

“Leave him alone!” Gavvar shouted.

Aldar, or at least, what should’ve been Aldar, began to laugh maliciously. “Oh, but I can’t! He called to me in his darkest hours, and so I granted him his wish! Thanks to this old man I was able to open a direct portal to the False Nexus, right here in this village!” He cackled some more and the healer in the corner ran over and began casting a spell.

The room was lit up, and a bright aura surrounded the healer as Gavvar watched, astonished.

“I knew it! Eventually you had to show yourself, demon! I shall banish you from this world!” the healer shouted, and Ara came rushing back in, panting.

“He’s possessed! I knew it!” he shouted in triumph.

Aldar’s possessed body began to writhe and shriek, but still managing to laugh as dark as it could muster.

“We’re coming for you, Gavvar! The Oracles can’t help you, no matter how hard they try to…” he said, and with a blinding light all was blurred, and Gavvar could hear Aldar fall to the ground, panting and crying.

When everything came back into focus, Gavvar could see the healer lying in a corner across the room as Ara stood by his side, trying to wake him up. He has left Aldar lying on the ground to meet his fate, although it was obvious he had been forced to do what he had done.

“Ara… the demon is banished, how could you leave Aldar lying there like that?” Gavvar shouted.

Ara turned around and stood up, while unsheathing his sword he had hidden under his robe. “Demon or no demon, he was used. He weakened up and let a being in that summoned the False Nexus to us! Because of him so many are dead, including Tulaan!” He took a step forward, pointing the blade at Gavvar. “And they want you. I knew I should’ve slain you in your sleep. No matter, you shall perish now.”

He leaped forward and Gavvar rolled out of bed to the floor, flat on his face. He spat a mouthful of blood on the ground and quickly rolled away as Ara brought down the blade once again. Gavvar rushed to the door and raised his hands, ready to perform one of the most commonly used druid spells.

“Give up, Gavvar. You know the danger you’re putting us in while remaining here, or anywhere else in the Lands! Unless you go to the False Nexus or beyond, you must die!” Ara shouted, and jumped forward again, sword raised high above his head.

“NO!” Gavvar shouted, and concentrated on the energy around him, focusing it all into his hands, eventually forming a small energy source to be unleashed at his command. He thrust them forwards and released a wave of power, blasting Ara backwards against the wall, and there Gavvar was planning to keep him pinned until he made him think otherwise.

Ara shouted in pain from the attack, and Gavvar moved in closer. “DROP THE SWORD!” Ara did as he was told. “Now… give me a reason why I shouldn’t kill you for falsely accusing us, and attempting to murder me and leaving Aldar to die,” Gavvar said angrily.

Ara shouted again, and quickly turned to Gavvar. “He was a threat! As were you!”

Gavvar roared and put more energy into the wave. “HE WAS ILL! I WAS IN A COMA! YOU’RE THE ONLY THREAT HERE!”

From the corner of his eye, Gavvar noticed several people rushing into the medical ward to see what all the fuss was about, and all gasped at the sight they saw.

“Gavvar!”

The young druid turned his head, thinking he would see Carinn telling him to stop, but it was… Tulaan? No… an image of him.

“Gavvar, stop it immediately. Put him down, and run. Your friend Carinn has fled to her home in Altarta. Follow her!” the image told him. “Aldar will die, there’s nothing left for you here. Now go…”

Tulaan faded from between the crowd, and it seemed as though nobody could see him but Gavvar himself. He broke the energy wave, and made a run for the window.

“GAAAH!” Gavvar yelled, and yanked a knife from his shoulder. He turned to see Ara had reacted the moment he was released from the wave. He grabbed his blade and rushed forward, ready to strike and end Gavvar’s life.

Gavvar had no place to run in time. He prepared himself for the attack, but lost sight of Ara as another figure rose in front of him, and he could hear the piercing of flesh and a moan of pain. He could see the blade poking through Aldar’s backside, dripping with his blood. Gavvar gasped.

“Run… Gavvar…” Aldar whispered, and his head dropped onto his chest as Ara slid the druid off of his weapon.

But Gavvar didn’t feel like running. He felt like killing. He reached out for Ara’s throat, wrapped his hands around him while kicking his blade away, all within a split second.

“You die now, fool,” Gavvar whispered, and closed his hands around Ara’s neck, and kept putting pressure behind it, until he heard a loud snap, crackle and pop, and he knew he had crushed the man’s throat. He dropped him to the ground, turned, and fled the room into the open fields behind the building.

Wheezing and crying, Gavvar made for the village exit, running as fast as he could towards the next town over.

To be continued...