Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default The new Ipods and Zunes

There is no section for this so I am postinig it here...

Has anyone seen the new Ipod Touch and Nano? They are so cool, I had an Ipod touch, it broke, sent it back, they gave me a free one and Itunes broke it again. I never had this problem with my Nano, and they seem much cooler. I plan on getting the 16 GB Nano!

New Ipod Touch Features -
Volume Buttons on side
Built in Speakers
App Store and Genius
Thinner, sleeker, design
Cheaper [ 16 GB is 300, old Ipod Touch 8 GB were that price]
Avaliable in 8,16, and 32 gig models
Pic

New Ipod Nano Features
-Oval, nice, shape. Thinnest Ipod Ever. Curved all around, even the glass.
-Comes in 9 colors [I like the blue :3]
[Pic 1] [Pic 2]
-New Accelorometer [When you turn it side ways music becomes cover flow like on the Ipod Touch] [ Shake your Nano and it will pick a random song and play it, this can be turned off, and your Ipod can usually tell when you are jogging/its in your pocket.]
-Genius
-Voice Recorder [Need special Ear Phones that have a mic in them, these earphones have volume controls in them and you can skip and go to songs, from your headphones!]
- 8 gb - $150 16 gb $199

Also Microsoft is coming out with a ZunePhone. I don't know much about it, but it will be a touch screen and have most of the capabilities an Iphone has. Also, it won't be limited to a specific network! [Stupid Iphone only being available with AT&T]

Discuss
Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: The new Ipods and Zunes

I just bought the new iPod Touch like 2 days ago. I can say that this device is very useful. Sometimes you're away from home, like in school, and you just want to check something really quick online. Well instead of taking my laptop out, turning it on, and then turning it off, and store it away... I could just pull out my Touch easily and using the WiFi feature I can check something online really quick.

Of all the new features, the speaker feature is the most important. I never had the old Touch, but I can't imagine the device without that feature, it's very useful.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
I just bought the new iPod Touch like 2 days ago. I can say that this device is very useful. Sometimes you're away from home, like in school, and you just want to check something really quick online. Well instead of taking my laptop out, turning it on, and then turning it off, and store it away... I could just pull out my Touch easily and using the WiFi feature I can check something online really quick.

Of all the new features, the speaker feature is the most important. I never had the old Touch, but I can't imagine the device without that feature, it's very useful.
Ryan? Interesting...

I hate Zunes. They always are just plain worse than iPods. They have more bugs, fewer features, and look ugly, albeit a lighter price tag. *sigh* Will Microsoft ever stop copying Apple?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Yes Ryan posted in MY thread.

I don't know, I heard the speakers weren't for like loud music, but for casual. Wi-Fi is my favorite feature on it, it's just so useful xD

I had a Zune...it broke...I don't plan on getting the ZunePhone until I've read lots of good things about it D=

Last edited by Soda; 09-19-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:54 AM
SaMaster14 Offline

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14

I have the new Ipod Touch. I had the old one, but it wasn't working that well, so I bought the new one and I"m pleased, the extra few hundred dollars to buy the new one was worth it, and I restored my old one, so I can give it to someone else who wants it. I love the speakers, and with the 2.1 update, the new Ipod Touch is much faster(both syncing and downloading stuff from itunes/app store).

Personally, I would buy the Iphone 3G, but I don't have AT&T and my parents aren't willing to switch. I was offered the new Iphone, but it would be a second phone(in addition to my Voyager on Verizon), and it would be really stuck up if I had two phones with two plans.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I have the new Ipod Touch. I had the old one, but it wasn't working that well, so I bought the new one and I"m pleased, the extra few hundred dollars to buy the new one was worth it, and I restored my old one, so I can give it to someone else who wants it. I love the speakers, and with the 2.1 update, the new Ipod Touch is much faster(both syncing and downloading stuff from itunes/app store).

Personally, I would buy the Iphone 3G, but I don't have AT&T and my parents aren't willing to switch. I was offered the new Iphone, but it would be a second phone(in addition to my Voyager on Verizon), and it would be really stuck up if I had two phones with two plans.
Meh, with all the trouble Apple has put me through, they should give me the new one. I mean I got the update, and it broke my Ipod, so I spent 10 dollars to break my Ipod! I sent it back and they gave me a new free one. I had to pay another 10 dollars, and it broke again.

So I am sending it back and telling them 'Don't send it back unless it has the updates pre-downloaded on it, I will be mad'

My Itunes is messed up to. D= But it can be fixed, my Ipod can't, it is stuck in recovery mode just like last time. They couldn't fix it so they sent me a new one I guess that's what they're gonna do again. I hope this problem is resolved, cause at least if they send a new one back I can sell it.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Quote:

Are you trying to rub it in our faces, that you're supposedly richer than us?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 AM
SaMaster14 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra-Nator View Post
Are you trying to rub it in our faces, that you're supposedly richer than us?
no... I"m just saying I bought the new Ipod....

The Ipod Nano headphone thing sounds really cool too!

Oh, and the Zune phone sounds interesting. I hope it works for Verizon. I know you said its not only for one provider, but verizon is kinda weird with their phones. Most phone providers use the same basic system or something, and they use Sim cards(AT&T, spring, T-Mobile etc), but verizon uses something totatlly different, so usually they only get their own phones, its weird. I hear they are coming out with a cool new Blackberry too, and something good for verizon, that is like the Iphone(not a cheap remake like the Voyager or Dare).
Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Question Re: The new Ipods and Zunes

Can I have your old one?

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
SaMaster14 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
Can I have your old one?
lol, I was planning on either giving it to my mom or a friend of mine in real life.. lol

Plus, I don't know if it works. last time I checked it was broken. since apple restored it, said it would work but it didn't. than they restored it again, but put the new software on it. so it should work but I don't know, plus it is a year old.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
lol, I was planning on either giving it to my mom or a friend of mine in real life.. lol

Plus, I don't know if it works. last time I checked it was broken. since apple restored it, said it would work but it didn't. than they restored it again, but put the new software on it. so it should work but I don't know, plus it is a year old.
WHOA!! It's a YEAR old? No wonder you're giving it away!

Seriously, what does the fact that is is kinda old have to do with it? I have had my PSP for three, maybe four years, and I still use it a lot, and have'nt gotten any new game systems (since my DS and the Wii, (my DS I got for my B-Day, because my old one from '04 broke. And we got the Wii as a family Christmas present in '06.)) And I just got a new phone two months ago for the first time in four years. You are kinda bragging...

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 09-19-2008, 05:52 AM
SaMaster14 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipboi View Post
WHOA!! It's a YEAR old? No wonder you're giving it away!

Seriously, what does the fact that is is kinda old have to do with it? I have had my PSP for three, maybe four years, and I still use it a lot, and have'nt gotten any new game systems (since my DS and the Wii, (my DS I got for my B-Day, because my old one from '04 broke. And we got the Wii as a family Christmas present in '06.)) And I just got a new phone two months ago for the first time in four years. You are kinda bragging...
it was broken. That was the main reason I was considering giving it away. I bought the new one and only after I bought it did I find out apple could fix it. And my mom said she wanted an iPod and she allowed me to get the new one.

Plus technology today changes a lot new updated phones are usually released every couple of months. I get a new phone every year, but I have friends who get new phones like every month.

Oh and I still have my PSP and DS, and i use them a lot. But those are portable gaming systems. There haven't really been any updates on them. With phones and stuff, it's a different story.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Ketamine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ketamine

My friend already has one, one of its features is if you shake it, it automatically shuffles all the songs.

~TE
Old 09-19-2008, 02:54 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

I'm probably one of the only people left that still uses the classic CD player. :[

All of these new music revolutions seem to be more trouble than they're worth. Apparently the iphone does everything well except actually make calls. :P The music is more important to me than how pretty it's package is!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM
-Zodeon Offline

iPod all the way. You're paying for the name, and thats because the name is quality. With an alright part time job i Have i have enough money to run my car and own a 3G iPhone and i love it to bits. Once you jailbreak the iPhone the possibilities really are endless.

0989 7772 7033