Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Pokémon, Land & Sea

I will add at least 1 new chapter every week, unless I'm on vacation or something Enjoy, and please post your thoughts on the story so far

Pokémon, Land & Sea
by Poké-Flem

CHAPTER 01: Oak's Death
In the region of Kanto, Pallet Town, it was a beautiful morning. Professor Oak sat in his garden with a cup of tea, finding inner peace in watching the Pidgeys in the sky. It was beautiful weather, nice temperature… No worry in the head of old Oak. But with the sudden noise of a computer voice yelling ‘Red Alarm’ from his lab, Oak threw his tea away and ran inside with a surprising speed for a man at his age.

Inside of his lab, Oak turned on the lights, making the dark room lit up. He pressed the red, glowing button on the instrument board, and on the big screen, the face of the serious mayor was revealed. “Oak, I got bad news… VERY bad news”.

In the meantime, Jimmy, a 16 years old kid, walked the streets of Pallet Town. He was no ordinary kid, through. Pokémon trainers would usually get their license at the age of 10, but due to a past story of criminality, his license was pushed to the age of 17, meaning he had to wait one more week until he could get his first Pokémon from Professor Oak.

“One week left… And the journey of the coming champ will begin!” Jimmy thought to himself. Some nights, he had cried to himself about how all of his friends were Pokémon trainers, and he was stuck as an ordinary kid with nothing to do. Already at an age of 10, he had been involved in brutal street fights, which resulted in the police pushing his license to the age of 11. But the fighting didn’t stop, and it was pushed to 13. And when he turned 13, he had broken into houses, stolen from shops and fought some more, pushing it to 17 years! He always wished for drama, and that resulted in the nightmare of boringness that he now was stuck in. But he had been good friends with the law for quite some time now, and there was only one week left until he would get his license!

“Maybe, I could order a specific starter Pokémon if I visit Oak now? So that I won’t lose the opportunity to get a powerful one” Jimmy thought to himself, as his walking route led to Oak’s lab anyways. He knocked on Oak’s door, waited, and got no answer. Being the impatient person he was, Jimmy tried opening the door, and found out that it was open. He entered, and saw Oak lying on the floor!

“Professor!” Jimmy yelled, and ran towards Oak’s silent body. He saw Oak’s face, tried to hear his heart, and the conclusion was clear: Professor Oak was dead. “What the…!? Damn… What to do, what to do!?” Jimmy thought to himself, being all frustrated about the situation. Oak’s death would not only mean the loss of a great man, but a further push in Jimmy’s Pokémon license, due to his guide being dead!

But just when Jimmy thought of calling the cops, he noticed a recorder in Oak’s lifeless right hand… Maybe Oak’s last message to the world!

Last edited by Poké-Flem; 10-14-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Pokémon, Land & Sea

CHAPTER 02: The Mission
Oak's hand felt cold as Jimmy took the recorder out of it. He pressed 'play', and Oak's last words were played...

"Inside of my V.I.P. Pokébox, take Pokémon number 8... It's an Eevee, an extremely rare Pokémon... Nearly extinct... ARGH! And... Deliver it to Mayor Pavison... My heart...! Make sure the Eevee never evolves! I MEAN IT! My heart just won't beat... Argh...!". Those words marked the end of Professor Oak, who died from a sudden heart attack... Age had finally caught up to him...

Jimmy was in shock. Just what was all of this about? And should he report everything to the cops? No. He wanted a part of this drama for himself! He was the one who got involved in this first, anyways... "I will report Oak's death. And keep the recorder for myself..." Jimmy thought.

In the V.I.P Pokébox in the dead professor’s lab, an Eevee should be in Pokeball number 8. And Jimmy went to find it. And there it was! In a locker with the text ‘V.I.P.’ (Very Important Pokémon), there was some Pokeballs, all with numbers on them. Jimmy grabbed number 8.

He opened it, and with a flash of light, an Eevee stood in front of him, looking at him with confused eyes. It looked weak and fragile. “Yep. It’s definitely an Eevee. Now, time to get out of here and report it!” Jimmy said, as he called Eevee back into its Pokeball. Jimmy took his cell phone and called the police.

“Yo, I got a problem here! Professor Oak is dead! Yeah, that Oak! Pallet Town, Greenway 12!”. After having called the police, Jimmy putted the record in one of his pockets, and the Pokeball in the other. Then, he ran out of the lab as fast as he could.

“Professor, I might not be the one you had in mind to deliver that Eevee… But I swear. You can look down on me, and see a man get the job done!” Jimmy said to himself as he in confusion ran homewards. Oak was a good man, and Jimmy felt sad about his death. But more so, he felt excited about the journey he would have to go on! He would have to travel to Saffron City, the main capital of Kanto, and personally deliver Eevee to Mayor Pavison himself!

Jimmy reached his house, entered the half rotten door and quickly took of his shoes. “Mom, I’m home!” he yelled. “Yeah, okay…” his mom said. He entered the incredibly boring living room, where his fat mom laid on the sofa, watching Dr. Grill, a program about some doctor helping confused families and relationships.

“Mom, this is so sick! Professor Oak is dead!” Jimmy said. “Meh, he was old…” Jimmy’s fat mom said. She was the ‘whatever’ kind of person who didn’t really care about other than herself. It all started when Jimmy’s dad died, and his mom started eating her depression away. Maybe, it’s his lazy mom who caused Jimmy’s immature opposition of the law?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 03: Jimmy & Eevee
Jimmy never told his mom about Eevee, or the record. And she really wouldn’t care, anyway. Before Jimmy went out on his journey, he would need to wait a week, as possession of a Pokémon was illegal until he turned 17. And he wouldn’t want his license to be pushed even further! Thus, he had some time to get to know Eevee. But Eevee would have to stay in his room.

Jimmy sat on his bed, took forth the Pokeball and released Eevee, who starred at him in confusion. “Cute… But you really don’t look very powerful. And we are going to change that!” Jimmy said. Eevee didn’t like the sound of that. Jimmy went to get a weight, and used some tape to stick it to the wall.

“Tackle the weight so we can calculate your power” Jimmy said. Eevee looked silly, like it had no confidence. “What’s wrong with you? Just do it!” Jimmy said, curious about Eevee’s level of power. Eevee closed its eyes, and quickly bashed its little body towards the weight, shoulder first. The hit wasn’t very powerful, and the weight only showed 28 kilo…

“So, I can tell already that you won’t do well in battle against other Pokémon… I wonder why you’re so important? Anyways, wait here” Jimmy said, and left the Eevee in his room, closing the door behind him. 2 minutes later, he returned to the confused Eevee with 7 small bottles, all with the text ‘PROTEIN’ on them. “Each of these bottles contains a special kind of protein. Drink a whole bottle, wait half an hour, and it will have heightened your power with 5 percent. If a Pokémon takes more than 10 of those bottles in a lifetime, they will risk dying, and for Oak’s sake, I won’t run that risk. So we will only give you 7” Jimmy said to the confused Eevee, who really didn’t seem to understand a thing.

Eevee drank the first bottle, waited half an hour, drank the next, waited half an hour, and drank the third, waited half an hour… And it continued like that, until Eevee was done drinking all of the 7 bottles. In the breaks between each bottle, Eevee played with a tennis ball it found on Jimmy’s floor, and Jimmy was playing computer.

“Now, it’s time for test number 2!” Jimmy said. Eevee was more motivated this time, and tackled the weight again. This time, the result was 38 kilo! “Wow…! This stuff really IS effective! You went from 28 to 38 in less than a day!” Jimmy said in a surprised tone. Eevee looked very satisfied with itself. “Good job” Jimmy smiled, as he patted the smiling Eevee on its head. “Look, I’ll go find you a reward! Just wait right here!” Jimmy said, and left the room. Eevee noticed the prize of the bottles on the floor, which was 9800 PokeDollars each!

Jimmy returned with nothing, and an apologizing face expression. “Eh… I’m sorry, but we got no more beef. But I swear that I will go buy you that, AND more tomorrow!” Jimmy said. Eevee just smiled, and then looked at the bottles. “You wonder where I got them?” Jimmy asked. Eevee nodded. “I don’t know. Maybe, my mom thought it could make her lose some weight or something? They have been in our basement for years, together with a lot of other weird stuff” Jimmy said.

Last edited by Poké-Flem; 10-14-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 04: Rush to Viridian!
3 days had passed… Professor Oak’s death was big and tragic news all over Kanto, due to his great wisdom and good personality. His funeral was held in Lavender Town, where he was buried at the graveyard, where people with historic influence were buried. His laboratory was passed on to his closest friend of science, Professor Travis, as Oak had written his testament some time before he died. Maybe, he knew he didn’t have much time left?

Jimmy had not only given Eevee two more protein drinks, but also trained it hard by constantly making it jump. Its muscles had certainly hardened a lot! It could now tackle with a power of 45 kilo! But something was wrong with Eevee… It felt constant pain in its stomach, and the hard training made its muscles hurt.

On the fourth morning, Eevee could only open its eyes and whine. It was curled together, and wouldn’t stretch out. It was paralyzed by the pain. “Oh no! And there are no Pokémon Center in Pallet!” Jimmy yelled in panic, Eevee fearing for its life. “I could let it die, and my license wouldn’t get pushed, but…” was the thoughts inside of Jimmy’s head, until he saw the suffering Eevee’s eyes, and remembered the responsibility that Oak had left behind. “Damn!” Jimmy said, made Eevee return to its Pokeball, and then he rushed out of his house with the Pokeball, not even speaking to his fat mom.

He punched a passing cyclist in the face, stole his bike and then cycled towards Viridian City, with the screaming cyclist running after him. He cycled as fast as he could, and luckily, Viridian City was very close to Pallet Town. He would be there in less than 10 minutes!

When he arrived, he jumped of the bike, leaving it behind, and ran towards the Pokémon Center. He entered the door, ran towards the disk, and quickly asked for help. “Can I help you?” Joy asked. “Yeah! My Eevee is very sick! Please help it quickly!” Jimmy shouted. “Eevee? That’s a rare Pokémon. We promise to do our best!” Joy said, as she took Eevee’s 8-marked Pokeball with her into another room, with a new Joy taking her place. “You can wait in that room over there” the new Joy said, and feeling empty, Jimmy went towards the room, went inside and sat down on a bench.

He felt empty. But why?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996

awesome story you have here! i want more!!!

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectrikeLover1996 View Post
awesome story you have here! i want more!!!
Thank you And more you get right away!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 05: A New Light
Jimmy’s father died when he was very young, and his mom had been, well… A bich ever since. The death of his father, and his irresponsible mom made Jimmy a guy who had to do everything for himself AND his mom. When needing money or wanting candy, he would steal… When getting angry, he would fight… He felt like he deserved it, like a payment for his hard work. But it became worse than just self-righteous wrongdoings… It turned into plain and simple egoism. And Jimmy into a cold person who was never surprised or cared about his surroundings. Oak’s death was not even touching him very much.

His aggressive nature, unstable personality and egoistic way of doing things resulted in him having only few friends, and the ones he had were all trainers now, and had travelled around for years, enjoying life. While he felt more and more self-pity by being held down by the law… His Pokémon license would give him the possibility to be a trainer, to get away from everything. And it was pushed!

And Jimmy now realized why he felt empty… He had stolen, been violent and illegally possessed a Pokémon without having a license! If he violated the law again, he would possibly have to wait until he turned 20 to become a trainer! And that’s what he had done… But why? Why would he risk 3 more years without Pokémon training and adventure?

Because of Eevee. The only friend he had left. And to fulfill Oak’s last wish. He felt that he had to fulfill it, as he had basically stolen the responsibility to do so. Who knows how important Eevee’s deliverance could be? No. The importance didn’t matter. He did this for Eevee. He did this for Oak. And what he had stolen, what he had started… He planned to finish!

Jimmy felt different. He felt better. It felt like a burden had been lifted from his shoulders. In the two hours Jimmy had sited down and thought things through, he realized what he had become, and released himself from it. Or rather, he had already done so. But it was first now that he realized it. And planned on keeping things like this.

Suddenly, Joy came to him with the 8-marked Pokeball. “Your Eevee is good to go. We found withered protein in its blood. While it still made your Eevee more powerful, it was too old, and thus dangerous to its body” Joy said. So it was Jimmy’s fault that Eevee suffered? He released it from the Pokeball, and gave it a hug. “I’m glad your okay, homie! I’m sorry about those proteins!” he nearly cried in joy, and Eevee’s uncomfortable expression turned into a smile.

“Now, let’s go get that beef I never gave you!” Jimmy said. Eevee howled in joy. Jimmy was about to call it into its Pokeball, but it didn’t want to. “You don’t want to? But if I’m seen with you, I’ll… Fock it! My license will get pushed anyways!” Jimmy laughed, as the smiling Eevee jumped up on his shoulder. “License… pushed?” Joy asked. “Eh, what am I talking about, haha…!” a shocked Jimmy replied. He was bitten by his own stupidity. “Thanks for the help! See ya!” Jimmy said, as he ran away from the confused Joy and out of the center… Time for some beef!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 PM

lol good chap, no wait, Great chap, no wait, Awesome chap!!

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thanks, ElectrikeLover. However, some reasons for you liking it would be great :)

BTW, I want no criticism from anyone about my way of writing. However, criticism of the story itself is fully accepted!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 06: That fockin’ week!
After having eaten some beef at McRonalds’, a restaurant in Viridian City, Jimmy and Eevee (on his shoulder) went back towards the bicycle that Jimmy dropped before, but it was gone! “Damn! If I can’t return it, there’s a chance that I’ll get reported!” Jimmy said. “There he is!” Joy yelled behind him, and three cops walked towards Jimmy. “Oh sh1t!” Jimmy thought, knowing what was coming.

“Excuse me, but Mrs. Joy suspects you to not be in possession of a Pokémon license. Yet, you go around with that Eevee of yours. What’s your name?” a cop asked. Jimmy was really nervous now. “Jimmy Armstrong” he answered. “Flem, check the computer” the cop said. And then, one of the two other cops took forth a little computer, and wrote down Jimmy’s name.

“Greg, this kid got his license last week” Flem said. “WHAT!?” Jimmy thought, but on the outside, his face was stiff. He had no expression. He got his license last week? “Sorry for wasting your time, Mr. Armstrong. It’s none of my business, but you got a bad record right now. Stay out of trouble, or we will permanently take away your rights to train Pokémon. Okay?” Flem said. “Y-yeah, I will!” Jimmy said. The cops left, and Joy apologized. Now, Jimmy had one thing he had to do: head for Pallet Town!

It was a few hours since he knocked that cyclist of his bike, and maybe, he still had time to apologize and avoid being reported; avoid losing his license forever! Also, he would relax at home, start his adventure tomorrow and ask his mom if she even looked at the calendar when she told him about his license date.

Luckily, Jimmy and Eevee weren’t attacked by any wild Pokémon during their short travel through Route 1. They reached Pallet Town, and even through Jimmy was tired in his legs after the walk through Route 1, he had to quickly find the cyclist that he had knocked down! “Eevee, I still got some of his blood on my hand. Take a sniff, and then track him down!” Jimmy said. Eevee did so, and started running, expecting Jimmy to follow it, which Jimmy did. After having searched for 5 minutes, they found the man sitting on a bench. “There you are!” the cyclist yelled, and ran towards Jimmy with his fist in the air. “W-wait…! Calm down!” Jimmy yelled, as the man placed his big fist in Jimmy’s face. The punch sent Jimmy one meter backwards with a bleeding nose. “Now, we are even for the punch. Let’s talk about the bike now” the man said.

“I’m… I’m sorry. I had to steal your bike so that I could get to the Viridian Center and heal my Eevee. It was very sick, and I had to hurry up. I’m truly sorry, man, but someone stole your bike from ME! Please, don’t report this!” Jimmy nearly cried on the ground, before he stood up. “Hmmm… I do believe you. And reporting you wouldn’t get my bike back. But cross me again, and I’ll finish you for good” the man said, as he turned his back on Jimmy. Jimmy had two thoughts in his head. 1: Beat the living daylights out of this guy. 2: Let things stay like they are, and live on. Jimmy chose the ladder, thinking “I got what I deserved”. Jimmy and Eevee now had no worries in the world! But a lot to prepare themselves for…
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM

awesome chap, and a cliffhanger there awesome! i love the Mc'Ronalds! lol!

Quote:
~Buddha~
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM

wheres chap you said was 'ere?

Quote:
~Buddha~
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

CHAPTER 07: Eevee vs. Nidoran (M)
Jimmy was back home, and he and Eevee decided to relax after a hard day. Jimmy had his license, the police wasn’t on him, and he had a nearly extinct Pokémon to begin his journey with! The only hag was fulfilling Oak’s last wish: deliver Eevee to Mayor Pavison in Saffron City as fast as possible, and make sure it doesn’t evolve. “Oak, if you can hear me… I swear, man. I WILL fulfill your wish!” Jimmy thought to himself, before going to sleep, with Eevee sleeping on a cushion on the floor.

The next day, Jimmy quickly got out of bed and woke Eevee up. “Today it happens, Eevee! Our journey begins!” Jimmy said, and Eevee growled in joy. Jimmy was on his way down the stairs, when he heard his mom yell: “COME HERE!” from her bedroom. Nervously, Jimmy entered with Eevee on his shoulder. His fat mom had clothes on, but just laid on her bed, starring at the ceiling. “I heard you speak with someone… Was that the thing on ya’ shoulder?” she asked. Jimmy forgot that his mom didn’t knew about Eevee!

“Yes… And I will go out on my Pokémon journey today. As you said yesterday, it was just you who was wrong about the date” Jimmy said. Then, his mom, in a more serious tone, said: “I wasn’t wrong with the date. I lied to keep you away from that journey… To keep you away from your father’s fate”. Just what was she talking about? Confused, Jimmy asked: “What? You lied? And what’s that about daddy’s fate?”. “Your dad was a Pokémon trainer. All the weird stuff in the basement used to belong to him. I don’t know if he is dead, but… No one sees or hears from him anymore, and I bet it’s because he chose to be a trainer! I know I can’t keep you away from your journey, but… Do you swear to survive? To keep contacting me?” Jimmy’s mom said. This was getting creepy. “Yes, mom…I will survive” Jimmy said. “Then go. And don’t look back. Take what you need in the basement” she said. With a nod, Jimmy left the bedroom. “Take care, my son…” Jimmy’s mom cried to herself.

Jimmy took a backpack, went into the basement, turned the lights on, and started looking in the many boxes. He found 20 Pokeballs, 2 potions, a bag of candy (why not?) and some weird, white rock, glowing in the dark. Jimmy didn’t know what the rock was, but he took it along with him in the backpack, as it looked special and was small, anyways.

Jimmy ate some breakfast, and then, he went off to Route 1! After having walked on the grassy route in 4 minutes, he heard some whistling in a bush next to him. “Eh?” he thought, and took some distance. Suddenly, a male Nidoran jumped out of the bush, horn first, aiming for Jimmy’s head. “WOW!” Jimmy yelled, and with a quick move, he managed to dodge the attack. The Nidoran landed behind him, but before it could tackle him with its horn, Eevee was already attacking! Eevee tackled Nidoran in the ribs, and even through it pushed Nidoran, it only dealt minor damage. With a angry look, Nidoran tackled back even harder, sending Eevee flying a meter away! Luckily, it wasn’t hit by the horn… “Eevee, watch out!” Jimmy said, as Nidoran now charged towards the damaged Eevee with its horn. Where Eevee could tackle with a force of circa 40 kilo, Nidoran’s power was easily in the 60 kilo area…! The horn hit Eevee, and the force of the attack sent Eevee flying again! Eevee released a scream of pain. “DAMN! Eevee!” Jimmy yelled, as he ran towards his damaged Pokémon. But now, Nidoran was looking at Jimmy…

Last edited by Poké-Flem; 10-18-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Poké-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

I spend hours planning this story (it will be circa 60 chapters long), but my story got only one fan :( Come on, there must be more readers? Otherwise, it ain't fun writing.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 PM

loved this chap, there is something suspicious about that nidoran (M)

NEEED MORE CHAPS! ED

Quote:
~Buddha~