Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Ash's Pikachu Event Discussion

OK, so I just got Ash's Pikachu and the Shiny Suicune this weekend from Gamestop and Toys R Us respectively. While Suicune's shiny status is enough to have made the trip worthwhile, it was the Pikachu that had to earn my respect. Afterall, this is Ash's Pikachu we were talking about, so it had to be special, right?

Wrong. Yes, it did have a Cherish Ball and a Classic Ribbon like most Event Pokemon, but overall I was disappointed. The moveset SEEMED pretty good, and it was, but the stats were just terrible. It's no lie when I tell you that I took this Pikachu to the Battle Tower in DP and it was knocked out in ONE MOVE twice, with one of those battles being waged with a Sharpedo, which I though would be easy to beat for the Electric Mouse. Just so I'm totally clear about this, I use all LVL 50 Pokemon for my Battle Tower matches, and since both the Machoke and Dragonite that was paired with it and the Pikachu were of this level, there was no excuse.

Overall, I get the feeling of disappointment from this. I was expecting the God Mouse that fought legendaries from the show, but Nintendo just gave use an OK at best Pikachu which I could have imitated with any Pikachu in the wild. It's still a pokemon I'll keep for novelty purpose, but it is not going to see a lot of battle usage. Anyone else had this experience with the Ash's Pikachu download?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Ash's Pikachu Event Discussion

I didn't experience this since I haven't used Ash's Pikachu but I understand what you are saying. This moveset could be replicated by any breeder who had found a wild pikachu with a Light Ball. The Pikachu isn't special outside of it's OT Name being Ash. I had a hard time explaining to my friends what made this pikachu so special.

I personally think that the reason for this event was to A) tie in with Movie 13 since they couldn't distribute Zoroark and B) to get the younger Pokemon fans who watch the anime excited.

Movie 12 was the Arcues movie and they gave out Arcues which was pretty cool but for Movie 13 the featured Pokemon hasn't been debut it the game and by the time the movie came out people were able to capture the Legendary Dog Trio if they really wanted to.

Also kids seem to love the idea of being able to own Ash's Pikachu. The day before we went to pick up the event pokemon (Suicune and Ash's Pikachu), I asked my 9 year old little brother which one he was excited to get and he told me he wanted Ash's Pikachu. When I think about it I guess I should have expected the answer. The little guy is all over the anime and cute as heck. haha If I was a kid then I guess I too would be all for having Ash's Pikachu as well.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 PM
NES2 Offline

There already was a tie-in for the movie though, the three Shiny Beasts mentioned earlier. Furthermore, if this IS Ash's Pikachu, I would have given it a stat boost so it would be around the same power level as a minor legendary.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Tsujin Offline

You can't just give an Event a stat boost though. It has to be within the realm of the game. Honestly Pikachu is an already fragile pokemon to begin with. Even with 31 Iv's in every stat and with the right nature. Yeah you could recreate the Pikachu in-game but I doubt any one has. If you made a Pikachu you would give it a better nature and moveset. These are the moves Ash's Pikachu uses very frequently and they gave it a nature according to it's moveset. It's meant more for show than for use. You're better off using someone else than actually using a Pikachu that has only half the base stats of a legendary.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

I too was disapointed.
They SHOULD have put 31 IVs in every state, and probably set up some EVs into the mix. Ash's Pikachu beat a damn Onyx for Christ's (or whatever you believe in) sake. Heck, it's beaten so many other pokemon it's rediculous.

And, so it wouldn't be ridiculous, they could have made Pikachu genderless, and thus unbreedable (because, in the anime, it's kinda hard to tell what gender Ash's Pikachu really is).

Pokemon Yellow's pikachu is the closest to a real Ash's pikachu that you'll ever get.... that Pikachu was awesome and even refused to evolve!

"You can't just give an Event a stat boost though. It has to be within the realm of the game."
Yes you can! It's an EVENT pokemon, they're suppose to be more than special!

Look at the Crown Dog Trio, they ARE special. They have a purpose, and they are shiny. And the easiest way to encode a significance in stats to a pokemon, as most of us should know, is through IVs and EVs, and then of course the nature.
I personally would have been happier with a surfing or flying pikachu....

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi

Last edited by Kamoosekazi; 02-10-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Team Razor Offline

It isn't so weird that it failed, did you EV train it after you got it?

I'm back for real this time(I think).

Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

^ I was just about to ask the same.. but Im going to assume it(Pika)wasn't.
you'll yield the same results with any pokemon with out proper EV training - but just for the sake of argument or convo- any PKMN with 0 EV's all the way will perform badly...tho yes different pkmn have different stats and some will naturally take 1 or two punches while dealing minimal~neutral damage.

Im not surprised but If you do want to for even In game purposes use your Pika EV train it some.

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post
It isn't so weird that it failed, did you EV train it after you got it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
^ I was just about to ask the same.. but Im going to assume it(Pika)wasn't.
you'll yield the same results with any pokemon with out proper EV training - but just for the sake of argument or convo- any PKMN with 0 EV's all the way will perform badly...tho yes different pkmn have different stats and some will naturally take 1 or two punches while dealing minimal~neutral damage.

Im not surprised but If you do want to for even In game purposes use your Pika EV train it some.
I don't think this was the point of the OP's post.
I think what s/he meant was, Ash's Pikachu should have been hardwired with an EV build that would fit it and given the 31 IVs for each stat. thus making him (pika) a "bigger catch" and worthy of an event-type pokemon.

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Closed Thread