Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Actually, I am normally very calm in an argument. However, I am tired of having to post on how to argue. I am use to this sort of thing (High School is Da Pits).

Slamming people? First time I have really ever done anything like it. I am a rather laid back person. (No not docile, just calm and laid back)
I hear ya there high school does that to me too :P Just lighten up let people argue and have their fun... when it gets outta hand then you should step in...
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Heck yes! Another person with sense! I have met 209 people with sense on the internet!

Anyway, the original 4 person group always did it for me. Ash, Misty, Pikachu, Brock.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Heck yes! Another person with sense! I have met 209 people with sense on the internet!

Anyway, the original 4 person group always did it for me. Ash, Misty, Pikachu, Brock.
Misty and Ash bored me after 200 episodes in. Brock and a little bit of Pikachu still kept the series going for me.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-28-2009, 06:19 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Misty and Ash bored me after 200 episodes in. Brock and a little bit of Pikachu still kept the series going for me.
agreed i love brocks girl chasing antics too. makes me laugh everytime
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

You say you are tired of Misty!? How dare you! ;)

Honestly, Misty did get old. However, we have had almost a 7 year break! What the hell. Misty was an important part of the show. Why else was she in since episode 1? You are tired of Misty, let us see how long it will take for you to get tired of Dawn...
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
You say you are tired of Misty!? How dare you! ;)

Honestly, Misty did get old. However, we have had almost a 7 year break! What the hell. Misty was an important part of the show. Why else was she in since episode 1? You are tired of Misty, let us see how long it will take for you to get tired of Dawn...
lol well they brought may into sinnoh but the introduction into hoenn is the last you see of misty
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
lol well they brought may into sinnoh but the introduction into hoenn is the last you see of misty
Actually there are several episodes in the Hoenn series and Battle Frontier series where Misty reappears. See, fans can't get over that Misty has left the show. Now let me get back to jamming to Gnarls Barkley and Love Takes Over...
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
You say you are tired of Misty!? How dare you! ;)

Honestly, Misty did get old. However, we have had almost a 7 year break! What the hell. Misty was an important part of the show. Why else was she in since episode 1? You are tired of Misty, let us see how long it will take for you to get tired of Dawn...
I already am bored with Dawn. I do my best to avoid episodes where Dawn goes to a contest and the like. I really consider watching what the pokemon do more entertaining than what the humans do as pokemon can breathe fire, generate electricity, freeze things with a beam of ice, etc. What can the humans do? Bark out orders and stand there watching that happen. Is that really entertaining? No! Sure there are points where something funny is said and the true attention is drawn away from the pokemon and onto the characters but more often the pokemon are the real entertainment are they not? The show is called "Pokemon".
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
I already am bored with Dawn. I do my best to avoid episodes where Dawn goes to a contest and the like. I really consider watching what the pokemon do more entertaining than what the humans do as pokemon can breathe fire, generate electricity, freeze things with a beam of ice, etc. What can the humans do? Bark out orders and stand there watching that happen. Is that really entertaining? No! Sure there are points where something funny is said and the true attention is drawn away from the pokemon and onto the characters but more often the pokemon are the real entertainment are they not? The show is called "Pokemon".
You could say the same thing about any show really. What is so fun about watching people live their lives, solve crimes, shoot each other, and more? Exactly, because it is fun to watch people do it. Humans need to remember the facts of Pokemon and use the skill and strategy they have learned. Are you not a Pokemon trainer yourself?
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
You could say the same thing about any show really. What is so fun about watching people live their lives, solve crimes, shoot each other, and more? Exactly, because it is fun to watch people do it. Humans need to remember the facts of Pokemon and use the skill and strategy they have learned. Are you not a Pokemon trainer yourself?
No I am not. Remember that Pokemon is not an educational show on how the Pokemon trainer is as pokemon doesn't exist in reality. It also isn't a documentary about the pokemon world and the many species of pokemon there are. Pokemon is merely created to be entertainment like most other animes. True the humans in the anime need to understand how pokemon work and learn what they dont know about certain pokemon, but they do not need to actually work like a pokemon works. They aren't the ones breathing fire and all the cool stuff, they instruct the pokemon to do so and figure out how to construct a strategy so they can achieve whatever goal they need to achieve. In the example that you have provided, is it the solver of the mystery, the shooter, or the person/people living their lives that are the basis of the entertainment? Not very likely. It is most likely the actual shooting, the actual solving of the mystery, the actual living of the life that draws the attention. Pokemon doesn't completely focus on Ash, Male character 2, and Female character and how they run their lives battling, traveling, and competing in gyms. That's only 2/3 to 1/2 of it. There is still the part devoted to the actual pokemon in the series on how they live, how they act, how they interact with other pokemon and their environment, and how they act toward their trainer.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
No I am not. Remember that Pokemon is not an educational show on how the Pokemon trainer is as pokemon doesn't exist in reality. It also isn't a documentary about the pokemon world and the many species of pokemon there are. Pokemon is merely created to be entertainment like most other animes. True the humans in the anime need to understand how pokemon work and learn what they dont know about certain pokemon, but they do not need to actually work like a pokemon works. They aren't the ones breathing fire and all the cool stuff, they instruct the pokemon to do so and figure out how to construct a strategy so they can achieve whatever goal they need to achieve. In the example that you have provided, is it the solver of the mystery, the shooter, or the person/people living their lives that are the basis of the entertainment? Not very likely. It is most likely the actual shooting, the actual solving of the mystery, the actual living of the life that draws the attention. Pokemon doesn't completely focus on Ash, Male character 2, and Female character and how they run their lives battling, traveling, and competing in gyms. That's only 2/3 to 1/2 of it. There is still the part devoted to the actual pokemon in the series on how they live, how they act, how they interact with other pokemon and their environment, and how they act toward their trainer.


You kind of just contradicted yourself but I digress. Pokemon, I know isn't real, is a form of entertainment that is suitable for all ages, which if you think about it is rare now days. Pokemon isn't all about how Pokemon live. It is about HUMANS and POKEMON together. HUMANS and POKEMON work together and against each other. It depends on whether the HUMAN is evil. However, I see that I am not going to get through to you. That is common in people who are too literal to see anything.

P.S: It can educate you. The early episodes taught you childhood virtues.

P.P.S: I take it you don't have any GBA, GAMECUBE, N64, GBC, or DS/DSi games since you aren't a trainer.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-31-2009, 09:44 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

jeez a bit harsh arent you? again I will stress to you... just relax man arcemegus is allowed to think what he wishes... You yourself said this. So you dont have to say hes horrible. in ways your both right and your both wrong so just chill.
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

I wasn't planning on to answer back again. I have forgotten about this and I will not speak of this argument again. However, arcemegus always challenges my way of thinking so I don't really mind.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

lol arcemegus tends to challenge everyone and everything, to express his point of view... thats what makes him valued in pe2k. I sorta see him as Gary, whereas you are like Ash, getting riled up. Dont get frustrated at him, Just chill. you can speak on anything you want just dont get upset at arcemegus, he just wants to show everyone how he sees things. (dont take offence at this please arcemegus)
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Character From The Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
P.P.S: I take it you don't have any GBA, GAMECUBE, N64, GBC, or DS/DSi games since you aren't a trainer.
I have Platinum, Ruby and Sapphire. I'm just not a literal trainer who boasts about having all 493 pokemon everywhere I go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
I wasn't planning on to answer back again. I have forgotten about this and I will not speak of this argument again. However, arcemegus always challenges my way of thinking so I don't really mind.
I don't always challenge your views. I'm not a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
lol arcemegus tends to challenge everyone and everything, to express his point of view... thats what makes him valued in pe2k. I sorta see him as Gary, whereas you are like Ash, getting riled up. Dont get frustrated at him, Just chill. you can speak on anything you want just dont get upset at arcemegus, he just wants to show everyone how he sees things. (dont take offence at this please arcemegus)
Offense not taken, but I don't challenge everyone.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com