Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Evil and Its Minion [Collab]

I heard the tall grass rustling, and whipped around to face it. I felt a slight chill down my back as Dusknoir floated close to me, its dark gray body hovering above the ground. The honey mustard colored stripes on its body grinned menacingly at the grass. Its single red eyes stared down at the waist length grass all around us. Suddenly, something burst out of the grass towards us, but all I could see was a white blur. Duskoir flung its ghostly body in front of me, but the white thing flew through it, narrowly missing me, and landing in the grass behind me.

Whatever it was, I couldn’t see it through the thick grass. I could hear the thing rustling around in the grass, obviously trying to get away. “Dusknoir!” I yelled. “Mean Look to keep it here!” Dusknoir turned, following the rustling grass in the field around us. It was fairly plain, with no trees, and long yellowing grass. Dusknoir angrily glared at the grass, until a small squeak was heard. I could hear it quivering in the grass, but some strange force restricted it from doing so. “Now! Use an Ominous Wind attack to clear the field!” I continued. The Gripper Pokemon slapped its hands together, and stood perfectly still.

Suddenly, a cold wind swept across the field. I could very faintly hear sounds of moaning and screaming, a sure sign that the Ominous Wind was working. The brittle grass around us in about a thirty foot radius began to be lifted up, leaving grass at about the height of a lawn. I could see a small Pokemon a few feet in front of us, staring curiously at my Pokemon and me.

It was rather puny. It hovered about a foot above the ground, but even still, it couldn’t have been much more than a foot tall. It looked like a white blob. It had big beady black eyes that stared at us, with even whiter rings around its eyes, making it seem like it had glasses. Below its glob of a head were what looked like two smaller blobs, which I really couldn’t think of a use for. “Caaaastfoooooooooorm!” it chirped, spinning around. Dark clouds began to speedily come towards us, and I could hear the crackle of lighting. They covered us, and rain began to pour down onto the battlefield. The rain soaked into my clothes, and I could feel my dark blue shirt beginning to stick to my body, and my curly black hair became heavy and fell into my dull brown eyes, but Castform didn’t seemed to care what happened to itself. In fact, it was changing.

The blob of a head was now encased in what appeared to be a giant transparent blue water droplet, which gave its skin a blue tint. The small blobs beneath its head had now transformed into what looked like a gray skirt, which twirled along with it. “Okay, Dusknoir, try a Shadow Punch!” I ordered. Dusknoir skated forward through the air, the rain sliding off of its bulky body. It threw its banded arm at the Weather Pokemon. Castform took the hit, and bounced back a couple feet.

“Form!” it squeaked, steadying itself in the air. A large glob of some unknown material slid off its head, which it flung up into the clouds. Dusknoir gazed up, trying to figure out where it would come back down. I saw the ball rushing down from the sky, collecting rainwater as it rushed down.

“Dusknoir, hit that ball with a Thunderpunch attack!” I yelled, hoping to hit the Weather Ball attack away. Dusknoir cocked its arm back, and I could hear electricity crackling across its palm. It thrust its palm at the sphere that rushed down at it, hitting it right in the center. Time seemed to slow down as the ball split open, pouring water all over my large Pokemon. Dusknoir was flung to the ground by the sheer force of the water, but it seemed to just keep flowing out of the ball. Castform giggled, pleased with its work. “Dusknoir, get back up!” I yelled hopefully. Dusknoir struggled for a second, then slid itself out of the way of the water.

“Okay, good job!” I announced. “Let’s show this thing that we mean business! Use Curse!” I roared. Dusknoir reached its arms down, into the ground. It began to pull up, and out came a long sword. It glowed with an evil purple aura, and it almost looked as if the rain didn’t touch it at all. Dusknoir raised the sword in front of itself, and Castform looked scared like if Dusknoir were about to attack it. But much to its surprise, Dusknoir thrust the sword into its own body. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and I instinctively put my hand near the pain on my soaking shirt, even though I knew that the Curse wouldn’t affect me.

Castform jumped back, its eyes screwing up in pain. Dusknoir seemed pleased, and drew the sword out of its body, then pushed it back down into the ground. Even though Dusknoir was definitely weakened by his own attack, Castform was obviously hurt more. It staggered forward, gazing up at the clouds. “Cast…Form!” it yelled. I hear the crackle of lightning up in the sky.

“Quickly, Dusknoir, Protect!” I ordered, hoping that Castform wasn’t doing what I thought it was doing. Dusknoir waved its hands wildly, and just in time. Out of the sky shot a white-hot lightning bolt, aimed straight for Dusknoir. It hit the invisible barrier around Dusknoir, and deflected back off into the sky. Castform coughed violently, and I could see that it was almost finished. “Dusknoir, finish it off with a Shadow Sneak attack!”

Dusknoir’s eyes closed, and the rain poured over its eyelids. Its shadow began stretching towards Castform, until it was about a foot away. Suddenly, Dusknoir thrust its arm into the shadow, and it came up by Castform, smacking it in the face. Castform wheezed feebly before collapsing on the ground. The rain clouds above our heads parted, and he sun shone through. “Good job,” I said to Dusknoir, and turned away.

A small noise brought my attention back to Castform. Its skin was now tinged a dark purple, with a lighter purple ring around its eyes. “Cast…” it moaned, before letting its head drop onto the ground, and closing its eyes. I looked away; it must’ve been sick before the battle, and the battle had taken its toll. I beckoned, my wet sleeved arm stretched out before me, and Dusknoir followed me through the wet grass out of the field.

~~

“Alright, I accept your challenge. We’ll use three Pokemon each, but since this is my gym, I have one rule to add,” I said with an evil smile. The trainer on the other side of the room had a look of terror on his face as I strode over towards the wall. “No lights.” I announced, flipping the white wall switch to the off position. My dull brown eyes couldn’t discern anything in the dark room.

The room instantly became pitch-black, and I could almost hear the trainer’s fear. “Alright then, Manny,” he began, trying to keep his fear under control. “I guess I’ll send my Garchomp!” he yelled through the darkness. I heard a clunk as the Pokeball hit the floor, and there was a flash of red light, revealing a large dragon. Dangerous blue wings shot off from its skinny arms as it got ready to face whatever Pokemon I sent. It sunk back into the darkness as the flash went away.

“Okay then, go Spiritomb!” I yelled, pressing a button on the Pokeball I held in my hand. After a flash of red light, I could see a small rock in the middle of the field. The flash dissipated, and the trainer at the other end became angry.

“That’s no Pokemon! That’s a rock!” he screamed. I smiled in the darkness. It would be easy if the kid didn’t know what he was up against.

“Toooooooooooomb…” a voice said. The kid squealed, and I looked at where my Spiritomb sat. Small green lights on its ghostly body pulsed steadily in the darkness. I could hear the malice in the Forbidden Pokemon’s voice.

“Okay, Spiritomb, get started with a Double Team attack!” I yelled. The small green spheres, the only thing that I could see in the darkness, floated up into the air, and split apart into six floating green spheres, positioned around the room. My heart skipped a beat. This shouldn’t have happened! Spiritomb was supposed to make copies of itself, not to split itself into pieces.

“What?!” the kid screeched. “We’ll just have to find which one is the real one! Garchomp, use Fire Fang on… That one!” he yelled, pointing at a green sphere. I heard the Pokemon rush forward, towards the sphere. It opened its mouth, revealing a fire inside that illuminated the area around it. I could see Spiritomb clearly, and what I saw didn’t please me. All it was was a small ball of purple gas with a green sphere in the middle. It had no eyes, or shape at all. Luckily, it didn’t have the keystone at the bottom, so all it wasn’t the real Spiritomb.

Garchomp closed its mouth on the little part of Spiritomb, extinguishing the small green light. “Okay, Spiritomb, try and hit it with a Confuse Ray attack!” I ordered. The green spheres shot towards each other, spun wildly around, and produced a thin green beam that was launched at Garchomp. A noise like nails scratching against a blackboard filled the air as Garchomps face was illuminated as the beam hit it. Its eyes spun around, as it became confused.

“Hmm, Garchomp, I’m tired of this darkness, how about you?” the trainer chirped. “Use Sunny Day!” he cheered. I could hear Garchomp tottering around on the cement floor.

“Spiritomb! Don’t let it do that!” I ordered. “Use Faint Attack!” The green spheres shot towards Garchomp, but stopped near it. Garchomp roared, and the room began to brighten, almost as if the walls were producing their own light. A ring of purple gas hung around Garchomp, with green spheres set in it.

I looked down at the floor, and saw my blue denim jeans as I shielded my eyes from the light, but as my eyes adjusted, I looked up. The gym was rather plain. The walls were made of red brick, and the floor was a dull gray cement. A small wooden door sat behind the trainer, who was wearing a thick dark blue winter coat. He looked to be around thirteen or fourteen-years-old.

Garchomp truly was a ferocious beast. It was easily six feet tall, with a red and white chest, but the rest of its body was navy blue. Its head was oddly shaped, with what looked like small torpedoes. It had a large tail, which was spiked at the end. A fin shot out of its back, making it look almost like a shark. Looking at my feet, I could see the keystone, which had not moved since I had released Spiritomb. The trainer also saw this, and grinned evilly.

“Garchomp! See that rock by his feet?” the trainer yelled, adjusting the blue baseball cap on his head. “Use a Dragon Claw attack on it!” he yelled, pointing at the stone near my feet. Garchomp began to run towards me, its claws seeming to catch on fire. It cocked an arm back, and continued to rush towards me. I leapt backwards, out of the way of the attack as Garchomp brought its claw down onto the keystone. It shattered, sending small shards of rock throughout the gym. The rest of Spiritomb rushed towards the fragments of rocks, disappearing.

I smacked my head with my hand. How had this happened? I normally had no problem dealing with Garchomp… I reached for Spiritomb’s Pokeball, muttering to myself. The rocks flew back together and into the Pokeball. Grabbing Dusknoir’s Pokeball, I threw it into the arena. Dusknoir appeared after a flash of red light, floating about the ground.

Its gray body stretched out, and although I could only see Dusknoir’s back, something on the trainer’s face seemed to say that Dusknoir frightened him. “Alright, Dusknoir, get started with an Ice Punch attack!” I yelled, and the ghostly Pokemon nodded. It floated forward, cocking a gray arm back. The yellow rings on each arm turned icy blue for a second, then went back to yellow. Its fist became engulfed in a block of ice as it swung it at Garchomp. I frowned, as this wasn’t supposed to happen. It smacked into Garchomp, but didn’t impact it nearly as much as it would if it had worked correctly. Garchomp seemed to shrug off the attack, pushing Dusknoir away.

“Garchomp, use Toxic!” he yelled. The dragon rushed forward, its mouth oozing purple liquid. It spat the liquid over Dusknoir, whose skin seemed to absorb the dangerous liquid. Dusknoir coughed, spitting out some of the liquid. This wasn’t good; Dusknoir was very bulky, but the poison would wear away at him quickly. I frowned, my mind racing for what to do next.

An idea came to me, and I dearly hoped that it would work and not mess up like the rest of my attacks had. “Dusknoir, use Will-o-Wisp!” I announced. Dusknoir slapped its hands together. The trainer’s eyes showed his emotions; he was very scared by this.

“Garchomp, dodge it, and use a Crunch attack!” he retorted. Garchomp burst forward, but at the same time, Dusknoir pulled its hands apart, revealing a small blue flame. He thrust it towards Garchomp, and it swam through the air. Garchomp waved its arms wildly in front of it, and the wings that shot off from its arms acted like fans, thrusting air towards the flame. The fire was snuffed out like a candle, leaving a bewildered Dusknoir. Garchomp slammed into it, closing its sharp teeth around Dusknoir’s yellow ringed arm.

Dusknoir shook its arm wildly, coughing up liquid while doing so. Garchomp didn’t seem to want to let go, so I figured I’d do something that would make it want to. “Dusknoir, use Curse!” I yelled, hoping it wouldn’t backfire. Although Dusknoir held on tight and attempted to shake Dusknoir, the Gripper Pokemon managed to reach down into the ground, and pulled up a sword. The sword glowed with a purple aura, and seemed to exude evil. “Now try and stab Garchomp with that!” I yelled.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” The trainer yelled. “Garchomp, let go, and don’t let him get you!” he squealed, as Garchomp followed orders and let go, running back towards his trainer. Dusknoir floated slowly forward, the liquid continuing to ooze steadily out of its mouth. Garchomp still evaded the attack, running whenever Garchomp got near, while Dusknoir continued to weaken.

Dusknoir looked to be on the brink of fainting. The liquid had formed a puddle on the ground that shined in the light that flowed from the walls. “Just throw it at it!” I yelled. With the last of its strength, Dusknoir cocked its arm backwards, then flung the sword through the air. Garchomp got out of the air and the sword stuck into the wall. Dusknoir collapsed on the floor, the liquid finally stopping to flow from its mouth, but there still was a puddle, a nasty purple in color. Sighing, I recalled Dusknoir to its Pokeball, and reached for one more, which I rarely used.

“Rotom, come on out!” I yelled, flinging another Pokeball, but this one landed in the slime. The creature that came out was rather strange. It looked like an orange washing machine, except for a few noticeable features. It had blue electric that seemed to be arms coming off of the large body, one of which held an orange hose that protruded from its backside. In the middle of its body was a large clear circle, which showed into its body cavity that was filled with unnatural looking blue water. Angry blue eyes stared at Garchomp. “Alright, Rotom, suck up that slime beneath you!” I ordered. The Plasma Pokemon obliged, sticking its hose into the slime beneath it.

“Garchomp, don’t stand for that! Use Earthquake!” he yelled. I laughed as Garchomp began to pound on the ground, making it shake beneath us. Rotom floated a couple inches off the ground, sucking up the last of the liquid.

“Okay, now use a Hydro Pump attack, but spray it with that stuff!” I ordered. Rotom made noises that sounded like water sloshing around as it shook its hose. Out of it shot purple liquid, aimed right at Garchomp. Garchomp tried to dodge out of the way, but Rotom just moved his hose, covering the Land Shark Pokemon in poison. It began to cough violently, but charged towards Rotom.

“Garchomp, try to use a Crunch, but get put some of that liquid in your attack!” he yelled, and Garchomp latched onto Rotom, sinking its teeth in, and long with it, the poison. Rotom whacked Garchomp with its hose, trying to make the beast let go.

“Rotom, use Hydro Pump!” I yelped. Rotom began to pump out water, which pushed on Garchomp. The beast let go, and was pushed back by the stream of water.

“Alright, Garchomp, let’s finish him off! Use Outrage!” he yelled, obviously seeing that all of the attacks were finally beginning to wear Garchomp down. Garchomp began to thrash against the water that held him to the wall, its eyes burning like fire. Suddenly, the flow of water began to sputter, and Garchomp took this chance to push against Rotom. What was going on? Rotom should’ve easily had enough power to keep pushing. It was almost like I was cursed…

Almost as if to spite my thoughts, the flow of water stopped completely, and Garchomp charged forward, slamming into Rotom. The Plasma Pokemon was flung against the wall, and slid down to the ground, unconscious. Garchomp also thumped to the ground, the poison taking its final toll. I stared blankly ahead as I comprehended what had happened. I had lost, for the first time in quite a long time…

Last edited by Stinky; 12-17-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Evil and Its Minion [Collab]

Muttering darkly I recalled my orange ghost, and unwillingly handed over a dusty Relic badge. I hadn’t had to give out the cold symbol and such a long time that I had almost forgotten what it had looked like. It was a composed of a triangle of purple circles, and another grey circle stuck in the center. The kid left quickly, jumping up and down, ecstatic with his victory.

I followed him out the door and around the large center battling hall. The entire place out here was made by my mother, Fantina, who decorated lavishly with deep purple walls on the outside of the four or so buildings that made up the gym. The largest building, which was west of my battling hall, was the largest and it was where my mother took her challengers. There were many dark rooms, linked together with odd rickety doors. Another smaller room was the hall where I held my gym battles now. I disliked the trickery that the other building had, so I leant it out to other Ghost trainers, who had their battles in there. There were two more buildings in the back of the gym that were painted the same dark purple. All throughout the massive courtyards, there stood almost one hundred statues of various Ghost Pokemon, and on particularly cold days, a cloak of mist draped the gym, giving it an extremely eerie feel.

On those days, only a single structure could be seen amidst the clouds. Nobody knew why the fog seemed to avoid the particular stone statue, which was set at the back of the gym. It just happened to be that way. The statue appeared to be a Pokemon, but it was one that had never been seen before by any of the gym leaders in living memory. In fact there were no records that this statue had ever been erected, but the statue was still there, in full view.

The Pokemon’s statue was completely grey just like the others. The unknown artist did not bother to paint them. It depicted a large, wormlike monster that seemed to be covered in plated armor. It was lined with huge thick spines growing out of its side, towards it thick tail. Closer to its head, stuck out wavy looking appendages, which were about half as long as the Pokemon itself. The most awkward feature about the Pokemon was the fact that it seemed to be wearing an oddly shaped mask. It sat upon a pedestal, just like every other statue, but this one had no name written upon it.

I made my way past that across the green lawn and into another small purple building; my home. It was easily the smallest building here. Only two rooms, a kitchen and a large bedroom. Both plain like my stadium, with the same red brick walls. Instead of a hard, grey concrete floor, however, I had a soft white carpet here. The appliances were white, plain, and small, since most of the walls were lined with large oak cabinets filled with everything from medicine to Pokefood.

In fact those two items were exactly what I was looking for while I rummaged through the cabinets, tossing things out on to the white tiled countertops. It didn’t take me long to find the can of food, and the box of small orange spray bottles. I took those two things into my large bedroom and tossed them onto the white bed in the middle of the room nearly-empty room. Then, after some rustling through by brown cloak, I found four Pokeballs. I tossed out three of the Pokeballs. They were the ones I had earlier. They fell into the large space in between the dresser and my bed, and erupted with a blinding flash.

Three odd shapes appeared before my eyes: a small rock, a dark grey cloth, and an orange washing machine. Any other person might have thought this was odd, but I knew that these were nothing more than my Pokemon. They had fainted in that battle, but after I had sprayed them with a few quick bursts of the orange Potions in my box they returned to normal, looking just as they had before. It was not an instant transformation, but a more gradual. They slowly grew up from their positions, so that when I came back into the room they were fine.

Dusknoir floated in the back, his arms crossed like a genie. His single red was fixated on the bed, and his yellow mouth, scowling. Spiritomb’s, menacing green ones, and Rotom’s robotic blue eyes stared at the same spot. I looked over to see another, different Pokemon floating above the bed, shoveling the Pokefood down his mouth. It was a small balloon like Pokemon,with two thin tails and a blue ‘x’ stuck upon his yellow body. A white tuft, that might have been a hat, sat upon his head. I smiled at Driftloon. The childish Pokemon was my newest recruit for the gym, and he was easily the most carefree and playful one of use here. The others obviously disapproved on how he had jumped out of his Pokeball, and hurried to eat. I didn’t see a problem, and just laughed,

Once they thought that it was fine that they could join in, Rotom and Spioritomb happily floated over and began to devour the odd shaped grey blobs. Dusknoir, however, stayed back, waiting for me to tell him he could go. I don’t know why he didn’t gorge himself. Maybe it was to prove that he was the best at following orders and most obedient. I smiled at him and offered him the food, and only then did he take some.

I on the other hand, was not hungry at all. Once they had finished, I recalled them to their Pokeballs, and I climbed into bed. I was still thinking about the earlier gym battle. Something didn’t feel right about it. For starters, Spiritomb’s Double Team was not nearly as strong as it should have been. Dusknoir’s Ice Punch was pretty odd too. Freezing energy was supposed to course through that wretched Dragon’s body after it was hit by that attack. Instead it got hit with a heavy block of ice. Rotom’s Hydro Pump attack should have probably kept Garchomp back, even if it was using Ourtage. After all, the Poison probably would have slowed him. I presumed we had just had an off-day, but, as I drifted off to sleep, I couldn’t help thinking that there was something more that was not quite right….
~~
I stood at the back of my gym. Dusknoir stared down his unfortunate opponent, with his large red eye. I glanced up at it too, to see the great blue dragon bellow and charge straight towards Dusknoir. The ghost clapped his hands once, sending forward a great blue flame. It never hit its mark. Instead it disappeared in an instant. Dusknoir floated puzzled as the landshark tore into his arm.

Suddenly, the replay of this evening’s battle abruptly stopped, and was replaced by a black curtain of darkness that blocked all light and strangled all noise. The world had become deathly still, and deathly silent. I stared around, becoming slightly nervous.

“Dusknoir!” I called out, hoping that my ghost would respond. Nothing came.

“Dusknoir!” I called out again. This time was met with an unnerving hiss that resonated throughout this new, dark world.

I glanced around, expecting something to come bursting out of the darkness. The hissing grew louder, coming from all around me. White clouds rolled in from nowhere transforming the black darkness into a new, cold, bright, damp world. I became more relaxed, because for some reason this seemed safer. Unfortunately the same menacing hiss accompanied me here.

Then, suddenly, leaping out of the haze, a golden mask appeared to my right. I jumped, and turned to face it. The thing was odd. It was immense, floating about a foot from the ground. The mask was in the shape of an upside down triangle, with other, spiked triangle protruding up from either side. It had a beaten and worn look to it, as if it was ancient. Two bright red eyes peered out from inside.

A deep voice resonated through the land. “You…” it said with malice.

“Yes, me,” I said, regretting my smartass comment at once.

The red eyes narrowed in dislike. “I am Giratina,” said the ancient mask. “You, are the scourge of my realm!”

This took me by surprise. After all what did I do? I was beginning to dislike this mask.

The mask called Giratina continued, “It is because of YOU my realm is in disarray, and it is because of YOU that it will crumble! Now, you-”

I interrupted Giratina’s monologue. “Wait, who are you? What ‘realm’ is yours? And what did I do?”

The mask growled. “I am Giratina,” it repeated, “The legendary ruler of the Torn World. Last refuge for distorted souls. You have maimed one such soul beyond repair. You had Cursed it so viciously that all good in its heart turns directly to evil. It was corrupted so much, that not even its death can quell the anger buried in it heart. This wretched Pokemon is-”

“Castform!” I gasped, suddenly remembering the battle I had had earlier.

Giratina grumbled. “Yes, that very same,” he replied. “He has taken his revenge upon the Torn World, with a cohort. I have other matters to attend to…”

“Why do I have to help?” I asked. The question sounded childish, the second I said it.

Giratina ‘s eyes narrowed to mere slits. “If you do not, I will never lift the Curse Castform has placed upon your Pokemon,” he growled menacingly. As response to my puzzled look, the legendary Pokemon added ominously, “You will never win another battle.”

Comprehension dawned on me. This is why many of my attacks had failed to work earlier. I had been cursed by a demon Castform. Of course I had to go, but for some reason I was still hesitant. My Ghost Pokemon would do excellent in the world of the dead, being already dead themselves. Giratina grew impatient.

“Let me show you something,” he said. The fog vanished, and a body, appeared out of nowhere, attached to the gold mask. The body was long and snakelike, with long red-tipped, black streamers falling off of his head, and thick yellow spikes stuck out of his back. The rest of his body was alternating stripes of grey and red.

Giratina lowered his neck, allowing me to climb up onto his neck, and sit in-between one of the golden grooves. He silently lifted his head up, and then shot up away from the fog, and above the clouds. We soared in the air for mere minutes before we descended back into the clouds. Fog obscured much of the area again. Only visible thing was a large opening in a rocky crag.

Giratina brought be close enough to peer inside. The entire place was black and empty looking. All that could be seen was a rocky platform that stretched out into the cave, but abruptly stopped. Smaller rows of rock shot out into the darkness.

“This is what you have wrought,” said Girantina quietly. “This place is supposed to be a great, luscious land that stretches out for miles, so that all souls of Pokemon can live in paradise. Treacherous cliffs are not at all what you would need in paradise.”

I got off the Pokemon’s back, and went to walk into the cave. Instead, I walked straight into an invisible force field. I staggered backwards rubbing my forehead. I could feel a lump being formed. ‘Why can’t I get in?’ I thought.

Giratina answered my unasked question. “I cannot let you enter, right now,” he said. “You will come back when you are better prepared.” There was a short pause. “So, you will be coming to undo your misdoings?”

“Yes,” I muttered.

“You have chosen wisely,“ the ancient Pokemon said.

“But this isn’t real,” I said, suddenly remembering something. “I’m just dreaming.”

The world around me began to fade. A deep laugh resonated from the legendary guardian of the Torn World.

“Oh, this is very real,” it boomed as world turned dark again.
~~
I awoke in my dark bedroom. The sun was barely starting to peer over the rooftops. I gazed around my plain room. There was a dark reddish-brown dresser, which held all of my clothes, a black desk, littered with papers, that completely blocked my laptop from view, and a huge television mounted upon the wall. One door lead off to the kitchen and another to a small bathroom. Other than that and my bed, the room was completely empty.

I sat upwards, not moving much. I was contemplating what I had dreamed about. Even though it was a dream, I could not help but thinking that it was real. Giratina had said it was, but I still wasn’t sure until I rubbed my forehead. The lump I had acquired during the dream was still there.

There was no other explanation, other than that it had been real. Giratina must have been a legendary Pokemon, so it would obviously have the power to move people long distances. I wondered what types it was. Psychic probably, or maybe it was even Ghost type. I had never heard of the name before, but it seemed somewhat familiar now that I thought about it.

I quickly dressed, bathed and packed a bag with supplies, like medicine, food, empty Pokeballs, etc. I had no idea when I was going to get there, or how long it would take me to sort out this Castform problem. That Castform made me doubt the entire thing again. How on Earth could a Castform trouble the master of the Torn World so much so that he had to call upon a mere mortal to help him? Then again, he had said that he was busy with other things. Not too busy, though, to not come and recruit me.

I walked out of the still doubting the legitimacy of all of this. Outside it was quite cold. The morning dew hung upon the green grass below me. No mist blocked my sight here. I could see perfectly. I walked through the number of statues in the gym.

Suddenly something caught my eye. It was a gleam of red that I hadn’t seen here before. I stopped, and turned back to see where it had come from. Amidst the grass was the mysterious statue that nobody had been able to identify before. I gasped, as I saw it. The statue was of Giratina.

The eyes glowed red, just as they had done in my dream. They were menacing, as if they were warning me of the Curse he would never lift, if I did not go on this journey. I heard the crack of a Pokeball and caught the flash out of the corner of my eye. Dusknoir, the gray reaper Pokemon, floated beside me, his arms crossed, staring fixated at the statue of Giratina.

I sighed. “We have a long journey ahead of us,” I told him. “Getting to the Torn Word is a even huge challenge for us.”

The Pokemon merely nodded. He turned towards the exit of the gym grounds and floated towards it. I followed. I thought I knew where I would be going.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Leman Offline

The entrance looked like nothing I had ever seen. I had no clue where it was. I did know that the professors in the Solaceon ruins new everything about mystical Pokemon. They specialized in Psychic, Ghost and Dark Pokemon. I thought since dead stuff goes to the Torn World, maybe they would know something about it

I had already locked up the gym. There was no reason to give a reason to my absence. I was gone, and any challenger would have to deal with it. I didn’t leave anyone there to look after it or guard it or anything. That was unnecessary; ludicrous almost. Wild Ghost Pokemon always wandered through that place. There was bound to be a particularly strong Bannete or something to keep out intruders. I had nothing worth stealing anyways.

We quickly got through the streets on this early morning. Nobody was here. The city seemed like a ghost town, but it wasn’t. In a few short hours these very streets would be jam packed with people, and I would be gone. In fact, very soon, Dusknoir and I arrived at the gates of the city. Nobody was there, as usual, and we stepped outside without a hitch.

The world outside was very different. A cold chill swept over the land, minutes after the city’s skyline disappeared behind us. Freezing mist raced in from the south, and the winding path we were on wound itself up a small hill. This was natural though. It was October, and fog was a common phenomenon in all of Sinnoh.

However, it would have been much appreciated if the mist had stayed away. Visibility was gone. We couldn’t see more than a few feet ahead of us as the path wound itself up slowly becoming steeper. Eerie howls erupted from the mist, as Dusknoir chuckled, amused with his surroundings. As long as nothing attacked, Dusknoir would love this.

We kept moving through the shrouded landscape. The blindness that we had was frustrating. “How would we know where the heck we are going, if we can’t see anything?” I asked myself angrily.

Dusknoir replied quickly, by slapping his huge hands together. Six, white flames rose from his eerie palms. They floated up to create a small ring of flames, forming a small sphere where there was no mist. I grinned.

“Brilliant, Dusknoir!” I said. The ghost looked pleased with itself, the mouth on its stomach grinning broadly.

We had arrived at a narrow forest path. We must have still been close to Hearthrome. The river that ran up here was nowhere to be found. Trees lined either side of us, and wet grass, covered with dew was sprawled out, covering most of the ground we could see. A snaky length of dirt was running perpendicular to the direction we were headed.

“Let’s take this path,” I said. Dusknoir merely grunted as he took the lead. He walked out, across the path, with the ring of white fire floating overhead. Then, suddenly, I caught a flash of navy blue out of the corner of my eye. Before I could turn to see it, the ring of fire and Dusknoir had vanished, and mist quickly rolled in to obscure everything from view.

Hours later, the two of us appeared in front of the river. A rickety bridge had been built at the site, so travelers could cross the rushing water below. I did not know how long it was, but it didn’t seem very stable. The poled at our end were small and skinny and the boards underneath were filled with holes and wet. They probably were rotting too. Dusknoir floated an inch from the ground, so he was fine. It was me who would be who would be swept down the raging river. I took a breath and began to inch across. Dusknoir floated through the ropes on the side, keeping the fire overhead, so I wouldn’t fall. With every step I took, the boards creaked with the strain, but there was no point in turning back.

The river was very wide at this point where we had decided to cross. It took almost twenty minutes for me to inch across far enough to see the other side. The boards on this side of the bridge were even thinner than the others, and seemed as if they would snap if I put my leg on them. Others were already broken, and three were gone all together.

I gingerly took another step forward. The board screeched in agony, but held fast. I sighed relief and took another step. As soon as I placed my foot on the board, it shattered. I recoiled drawing my leg back. Then a completely unrelated screech came from the misty trees above. A flash of blue and red shot past my face, missing it so narrowly, that the gust from the missile knocked me backwards. I yelled, but managed to stay on my feet as the thing collided into Dusknoir. Instantly the flames went out and the mist rolled in. I saw Dusknoir plummet backwards into the water. The rope that he was standing in snapped.

The bridge rolled sideways, and I had to latch onto the rope on the other side, or I would have toppled into the raging water. There was less than an inch of the side of the boards for me to stand on. I would have to use the rope to pull myself across. I had no time to worry about Dusknoir. He was tough. He would be fine. If I didn’t do anything, for myself, I’d be a ghost, like him.

So I began pulling myself over, side stepping on the little piece of the bridge that was leftover. The force of the water made it hard to stand. It took minutes for me to get there, but soon the poles on the other side was visible, and close enough for me to grasp. I had made it! Or so I though until the grey mass that I knew so well smashed into the pole I was going to grab. I expected him to fall right through it, and I would grab it after. But that did not happen. The poled snapped into two pieces with a horrible noise, and the rest of the bridge and I were sent into the raging cold water below.

The river was freezing. The cold shot into my skull like a thousand bullets. The rest of my body went numb in seconds. The raging water slammed into my body sending me backwards, yet I did not flow down the river. Water slammed into my face, and then passed me by. Why? I got the answer when I took a look at my feet.

My left foot was wedged in-between two boards in the collapsed bridge. The boards had saved my life! Now if I could get myself to the surface, I could get onto something else. However, in seconds that proved to be impossible. My arms were far too numb to battle the raging waters, and get me upwards. My lungs began to ache as I strained to get myself to the surface.

A thought came into my head suddenly. Maybe I could pull myself up using a rope on the bridge. Ye I had to do that. It was my only chance. I could see it right above me. I groped for the rope, each try wasting valuable oxygen and energy, but on the third try I snagged it, and began to pull myself to the surface. I didn’t get very far. Just seconds after I began pulling, I caught sight of a large shape speeding towards us. As far as I could see with my blurred vision, it was a large dark triangular thing.

That triangle slammed into the bridge, shattering the boards and snapping the rope. I began drifting downstream the second it hit the bridge, flailing for something to grab on to. Miraculously, it came. I clasped another rope, the one on the pole on the other side. But it seemed to be of no use. My lungs were on fire now. I didn’t have the energy to pull myself to the surface.

The world began to fade away. The cold and lack of oxygen hammered away at my brain as my lung screamed from inside of me. It took all my energy just to keep holding on to the rope. My grip loosened, the world flickered away, and came back. I felt a small tug on my arm as my grip died, and the world went black.
The world flickered back around me. Everything was blurry. My head was still pounding. I couldn’t register anything about the world around me, except that it was lit well. I didn’t have enough energy to get up, so I stayed on the ground, motionless, for almost an hour. Then a face appeared. It was mostly navy blue, with a big mane of white fur around its head. The eyes gleamed red, as it stared down upon me. It moved away without a word.

Groaning, I sat up and propped myself up on a tree, before looking around. The mist had cleared somewhat. It only lingered up in the top of the trees. Around I saw three things. First was the body of the thing that I had seen. It had a mostly white body, with a blue large crescent moon sticking out of its head. It stood on all fours and had three big blue claws on each hand.

A dark blue feathered mess covered with three red streaks on its chest fell in another spot. Next to it floated a very familiar Pokemon. Dusknoir’s gray body was streaked with dark purple lines as well as the yellow that he had normally. They seemed to be some sort of ghostly scars. Maybe whatever had attacked him earlier gave him those. Yes, that was probably right.

“How are you?” I asked him weakly. The big ghost smiled with the huge yellow mouth on his stomach, but said nothing.

I looked up at our guest. The Pokemon stared back at me.

A voice rang through my head. “I am Absol. Mesenger of Giratina,” it said. The Pokemon stared at me with its piercing eyes. It was deep and commanding, almost like the Pokemon that spoke with Ash on the television show I used to watch as a kid.

“I will lead you to the Torn World from here,” said Absol, as it began to stalk off into the forest. I slowly pulled myself to my feet. A stab of pain tore through my head and my legs ached, but I would manage. I turned to Dusknoir, and then snagged a red Pokeball out of my belt. With a quick flash, the battle scarred ghost disappeared. I called out into the forest, after Absol, and hurried after him.

The white Pokemon stopped and waited for me to catch up before it continued on through the forest. All day we traveled through the forest in complete silence. As we traveled, the trees thinned, the mist floated away, and eventually we burst into a large rocky plain. The brilliant pink and orange sunset illuminated the landscape, and brought our attention to a single massive old pillar standing at the far side of the plain.

Absol gazed at it. “There,” the voice in my head said, “At the top of that tower you will find it.” Without any details or more explanation the white creature bounded back into the trees.

I grumbled and continued forward. Many large ditches were scattered across the plain. It was vast. Miles out to my left I could see the small town of Solaceon and behind me was the treacherous forest I had crossed.

The journey to the tower was uneventful, boring almost. People and some Poekmon ran around in the distance, mostly to my left, but not many. Nobody came near me, or bothered me, as I made my way to the tower.

It was large grey building, with at least five floors. It looked to be ancient and as if it would be crumbling with the slightest gust of wind. A purplish haze hung around the upper towers, and it seemed to personify gloom in the cool night. A girl in a black kimono stood outside. She had rigid features, almost like a statue, but quickly sprang up to open the door when I neared it.

When I got in I saw rows upon rows of pedestals on ground. A white haze hung upon the ground, obscuring the floor from view, and the ceiling was shrouded by black darkness. I quickly hurried across the room up the first of many flights of stairs. Every floor looked exactly the same. Maybe a person or Pokemon was there, but that was the only difference between the floors. The same darkness, haze and pedestals were arranged here.

The last floor was different however. There was no mist on the floor here, so the dirty grey tiled floor was easily visible. A single large statue stood in the room. I thought it was eerily familiar, for some reason. The light wasn’t adequate enough for me to make out much more than a long snaking figure. I slowly walked toward it, a loud echo resounding through the hall with each footstep.

The statue was immense. As I neared it I could make out more details. Long spikes that came out of its side appeared, then streamers that stuck out of its head appeared. I could make out bands on its body and an odd looking face that could have almost been a mask…

“Giratina!” I gasped, when I was about three feet from it. The eyes of the ancient statue flashed red. A grinding noise echoed through the empty hall, like moving rock. Dust was flung up in the air, and I three up my hands to shield my face.

Both the dust and noise left as quickly as they came, leaving back a very peculiar scene. The statue was gone, and its place was a massive hole. There was a staircase leading down into the dark abyss. I assumed that this was the entrance that Absol had spoken about. It didn’t seem the least bit scary, so I quickly descended.

“So much for seeing those professors,” I muttered.

The dark stair case was short, spiraling around once, and then opening in a bright rocky place. It was a tiny blackish canyon that looked like the exact one that I had seen with Giratina. Sure enough to my right were the treacherous cliffs, and across from me was the opening that was obscured by a grayish purple haze, which seemed to ooze the mysterious qualities I had expected of it.

However, that was not all I saw. Two black and grey wolf dogs stood at the edge of the haze, growling and shaking their shaggy fur. They barked twice, sending a chill down my spine. A chill that something I had cold not resist.

A Pokeball on my belt exploded, flashing light everywhere. The purple haze however was unobscured, and the light never out shined it. A purple and black spinning ball of gas floated around a large rock. Deformed eyes and a mouth stayed unmoving in the swirling mass. The dogs barked again, and I felt Spiritomb being elated with the evil despair that it instilled in it.

The dogs charged at us. Maybe we weren’t moving back quickly enough, or something. I didn’t really know. I reacted with my instincts.

“Dark Pulse!” I roared. Spiritomb inhaled quickly, before releasing a massive ring black power. It shot toward both dogs, ripping through them. Spiritomb chuckled happily, as the dogs stopped in their tracks, but unharmed.

I took advantage of the pause. “Shadow Sneak!” I yelled.

The ghost disappeared, only to reappear directly behind our foes. With blinding speed it fired itself forward, hitting the back of the dogs. They yelped in pain as they were toppled aside. One was flung into the wall and the other toppled off the side of the ledge managing to barely hang on with his claws.

Spirtomb snickered again, before shooting itself back at the dog that still had its feet on the ground. It was ready this time. It jumped right over him, before sticking a black claw into the back of its ghostly body. Spirtomb wailed in pain, before the claw slipped out of him. He came to a halt, and the dog was on top of him, with his huge jag firmly implanted on the top of Spiritombs ghostly body, who shook with pain.

“Hidden Power!” I roared. Spiritomb responded instantly. A dozen dark brown balls of energy flew out of its body. Four blew themselves into the stomach of the attacking Pokemon. Seven shot into the walls before exploding sending small rocks and dust to the bottom of the cavern below. The last one plowed into the skull of the Mightyena, before pushing it off the cliff.

However, the Pokemon did not fall. It hung in the air for a few seconds, before exploding into grey and black mist. The other one, who had landed on the ground away from Spiritomb did the same thing. The mist flew together, forming one big cloud, before shooting into the opening and disappearing.

I stared at the spot where the first dog had vanished, pondering what had happened. I had never seen anything like that. I didn’t know how to explain it. It didn’t make much sense.

A clap of thunder from the rapidly darkening sky brought me back to my senses. I shook my head vigorously and headed into the opening through the curtain of purple fog.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

The world that I entered slowly came to around me, to show itself as a very strange place. Looking towards the horizon, I could see dark purple sky extending all around me. It was almost as if I was trapped inside of a purple ball, although by turning away from the sky that stretched to nowhere, the world was more interesting. Large slabs of rocks hung in the air, contradicting the gravity I knew so well in my own world. They floated up and down, stretching away from me in numerous ways, up, down, left and right. Some slabs of rock were even flipped on their sides, but showed no reason why.

I was standing on solid rusty colored rock, with numerous small cracks running along it. All the other slabs of rock in the area looked to be the same color as the one I stood on, although some had strange navy blue growths shooting out of them. It was almost like something out of a strange painting, indescribable by words. Behind me, the large Disaster Pokemon emerged from a white portal that swirled angrily around. It nodded at me. “Come along then,” I heard, and Absol leaped to another rock in front of the one I stood on. It continued to leap away, nimbly moving from rock to rock, until it was out of sight. Trying not to think about what would happen if I missed, I walked to the edge of the rock I stood on.

The next one was rather small, but not too far away. I hopped over, and surprisingly, the rock held steadily, not bouncing with my step. Becoming more confident, I jumped along until I reached a larger one. Looking around me, no platforms were close to me were within jumping distance, they were too far away, and I would surely fall down into nothingness. I frantically peered around for my guide. “Absol!” I yelled, hoping that the Pokemon would come and rescue me. The Pokemon didn’t come, but something else did.

“Greeeah graaa!” a voice screeched. I looked up to see a large snake looking Pokemon flying through the air. It was enormous, gray in color, save for a maroon and dark gray striped underside. It had large black wings, which flapped erratically as it plummeted towards me. A golden mask adorned its face, and I immediately identified it as Giratina. It saw me, and swerved away, in the direction of the other rocks that floated in midair.

“No!” I yelled, as Giratina slammed into the rock, shattering it into pieces. The rocks began to drift apart as Giratina shot down and away, but the weird gravity that occurred here seemed to take effect. The rocks formed a neat little line that I could hop along to the next cluster of large rocks that sat in my way. As I hopped along, I thought about Giratina. It had appeared as if something was torturing it, although I hadn’t seen anything. If there was something though, it would’ve seen me, and I’d have to be extra careful.

My feet thudded into the ground as I looked around. No platforms stretched out in front of me, or to my sides. The only platforms I could see were above me, and inaccessible by most means. The platform I stood on was fairly plan, with a couple broken rocks on it. The only noticeable thing was a small dent in the ground, perfectly rounded. I walked over and bent over near it. It seemed almost out of place, so I took a rock from the platform and placed it in the hole. The ground beneath me ground, and I felt it shudder, and began moving up, like an elevator.

The elevator stopped up by the other platforms, and I could see Absol waiting for me. “Thanks for the help!” I yelled sarcastically. Absol made an angry noise, then jumped away, taking his own path that lead up. I sighed, and looked forward. Even more platforms waited for me. I began to hop forward, but Giratina shot up through the rocks, sending them everywhere. On its back, I could see a figure

It was a rather ghastly figure, dark purple in color. Other than that, I couldn’t see much of it, except for that it had what appeared to be a spiky body. The rocks fell back into place with gravity, although none of them were near me. Only the strange sky stretched out in front of me, with rocks climbing upwards. I sat down on the platform, my head in my hands. How would I ever be able to get to save Giratina? My thoughts were cut through as Giratina cried.

I whipped my head to see the large dragon driving for me, tormented by the thing on its back. I saw nowhere to go on my platform, so I turned away and began to hop away, but to no avail. The dragon approached me, and smacked into my rear side. I was sent flying into the air, upwards. I was flung down onto a very large slab of rock, were I collapsed, every bone in my body aching. I weakly lifted myself off the ground to see Absol standing a few feet away from me. “Absol! It got me…” I muttered feebly. The Disaster Pokemon sighed.

“Come on, we need to keep moving,” Absol ordered, his voice ringing in my head. I groaned, standing up, and I could clearly inspect the platform around me. It was large, easily the size of a house. The same colored rock sat beneath my feet, but the most interesting thing about platform is that trees had appeared on the platform. These trees were nothing special, save for the fact that when I had looked up at this very platform earlier, they had not been there.

They had thick trunks that reached up into the sky with large leafy tops at the end. Other than that, they were fairly plain. No branches stuck out near the bottom where I stood, but there was something about them that irked me. Walking up to one, I attempted to place my hand on it, only to find that there really was no tree there. In fact, several of the large trees had disappeared. Looking ahead, I saw Absol chuckling. “That’s one of the smaller things that happens in this dimension,” it said, then began to make its way through the trees. Looking above the trees, I could clearly see what it was headed for- a large waterfall (that I could’ve sworn wasn’t there earlier) roared. The water though, seemed to be flowing up.

I walked forward into the strange forest. Behind me, I heard a whoosh. Whipping around, I could see that trees had reappeared behind me! Around me, the trees acted normally as trees do, although there were no birds twittering away. Walking towards where I heard the roaring of the waterfall, more trees disappeared in front of me, and then reappeared behind me with a whoosh. As another set of trees disappeared, I saw Absol in front of me, looking at the waterfall. Just as I had thought, the water flowed upwards. “Wow,” I muttered. It truly was a grand sight, and words could hardly describe it.

Absol turned to look at me, his triangular black face surrounded by white fur frowning. “I know I can swim up this, although you haven’t had much experience here, so you’d probably get pulled back down. Do you have any Pokemon that can help with this?” he trailed off. I grinned, reaching for a Pokeball on my belt.

“I have a way. Rotom, come on out!” A flash of red light lit the area around us, and my small ghost, currently inhabiting a washing machine, sat looking at me. Its orange body contrasted greatly with the ground behind it. “Okay, Rotom, can you use Hydro Pump to propel us on this waterfall?” I inquired. The Plasma Pokemon nodded, and stuck its long hose into the pool of water in the ground. Its surface shined, and the water was clear and shallow. I could here his body chugging as he took in water, and not soon after, Rotom turned to me, his center cavity filled with water.

Absol nodded, and jumped at the water, and began to run along the surface, straight upwards. I sighed, and walked over to the waterfall. Some bizarre force of gravity pulled my feet onto it, and into the water. It was certainly an odd feeling, having a sheet of water around my middle, but nothing around my feet. Rotom jumped behind me, and began to spray water beneath us. I grabbed onto his edge, and the massive spray of water that was emitted from his hose launched us skywards, and eventually, the current of the waterfall grabbed us.

It was an odd feeling- sort of like being on a rollercoaster, but I wasn’t strapped into anything. Above me, the spiked bottom of a platform drew close, but the waterfall led into a small hole in the platform. As it loomed closer, I didn’t know what to prepare myself for. As we were ushered through the platform, the waterfall suddenly stopped, and I found myself along with Rotom on the ground. Absol stood above us. “We’re here.” he stated simply.

We were in a large cave-like room, which I would’ve considered a cave were it not for the large opening in the top of the cave. It let an eerie light through, which did a rather bad job of illuminating the room, although I could see everything. In the middle was a pedestal, which attracted my interest. I walked up to it, and ran my finger along it. It was about chest high, and carved into it were strange drawings. At the top was what looked like claws that were meant to hold something, but whatever they were meant to hold was not there.

The rest of the room was fairly uninteresting. Small rocks littered the floor, and it looked as if there had been a struggle. Absol strode up next to me, and glanced at the pedestal. “So that’s how it’s happening…” he muttered quietly, but at a confused glance from me, he elaborated. “Some of your Pokemon were having trouble because whoever stole the Platinum Orb is hurting Giratina, and since he’s too preoccupied trying to get this thing off of him, he isn’t paying attention to whatever partner the thing that is torturing him has.” he stated matter-of-factly.

“Oh. But how will we get Giratina back here?” I inquired. Absol shook his head, obviously not knowing. I sighed, and looked up through the hole in the ceiling. It was rounded, and without rough edges. Suddenly, something flashed across it. “Absol, I think I see something,” I muttered. Absol perked up, and peered at the ceiling. Something flashed across the roof again, but this time, it leapt down into the room. It landed on the floor, and straightened up, glaring at us.

“Oh, it’s you,” it remarked coldly. It was a purple creature, about five feet tall. It had large red eyes set in the middle of its round body. Small legs spouted off near the bottom, and it had small arms. It had a wide mouth, which was frowning at us. In one of its hands it held a shiny rock, which shined even in the dim lighting. “I thought you were gone when Giratina smashed into that rock. Oh well. Castform!” it yelled. Beside it, a small purple blob appeared. It glared especially hard at me, and I recognized it as the one I had defeated earlier. “Take care of these two.” Gengar said idly, and turned around, getting ready to leave.

“Gengar!” Absol growled, leaping forward, and tackling Gengar to the ground. The shiny stone flew through the air, and cluttered onto the ground, away from the two struggling Pokemon. I ran to grab it, but suddenly, I felt something slam into my back. I whipped around to see Castform angrily glaring at me. Ignoring it, I grabbed the stone off the ground. It was warm to the touch, and throbbed slightly in my hand, like a living thing.

“That’s it!” Gengar yelled, and as I turned, I could see that he had Absol pinned to the ground. “Time to subdue you…” he said, his eyes seeming to gain depth and mystery. I looked away, recognizing a Hypnosis attack. “There,” Gengar said, obviously pleased. “Now, you and Castform take out him!” he yelled, pointing at me. Rotom rushed to my side, holding his hose in his electrical arm. Gengar jumped up through the hole in the ceiling, to get away from the brawl.

Absol charged forward, swinging his head blade furiously. “Absol, snap out of it!” I yelled. Rotom rushed forward, and waved its thin arms around furiously. A thin bubble encased the Plasma Pokemon and me, and Absol slammed into it. The Protect attack held up, and his attack was negated. “Good job, Rotom!” I yelled. Looking over at Castform, I could see that it was gathering a shadowy looking ball in front of it. “Okay, Rotom, use Trick on Castform!” I ordered, hopping that my attack would work. Rotom ran forward, and grabbed the shadowy ball from the Weather Pokemon, and held it in its own electrical arms. “Good job, now hit Absol with it!”

Rotom threw the ball at Absol, smacking it in the face. Absol merely flinched, unfazed by the attack. Absol charged forward, baring its fangs. It bit down on Rotom’s body, and Rotom shook violently, trying to get rid of its assailant. Castform giggled in the background. “Rotom, use a Discharge attack to get rid of it!”

Rotom’s body began to crackle with electricity, and I could see Absol’s mouth twitch. Suddenly, the electricity was expelled from its body, flying out from its body in a wave. Absol leapt back, its body shocked by the attack, and I could also see Castform being shocked, but another thing was hit: me. It was a feeling like someone zapped you with static electricity, although I couldn’t understand why I hadn’t been hit as hard as the other two. Looking at my hand, I could see the orb glowing yellow, and throbbing faster. In the distance, very faintly, I could’ve sworn that I heard a roar of pain.

A noise from Rotom turned my attention back to the battle. Castform was sucking in air. I racked my mind, trying to determine what the heck it was doing, so I could hopefully counter its attack. Absol dashed behind Castform, and I saw small flames flickering in Castform’s small mouth. “Rotom, get out of the way!” I yelped, but it was too late. Castform exhaled, and out of its mouth shot a five-pointed cross, a Fire Blast attack. It surged towards Rotom, but Rotom stood there, frozen in fear.

The attack hit Rotom, flinging it against the wall. It barely missed me, as I was pressed against the wall, but Rotom lay motionless on the floor. I ran up to it, putting my hands on its warm body. Its eyes flickered open, and I couldn’t help smiling- it was okay.

I felt something slam into my back, and all of a sudden, I was laying on my back, rocks pressing into my back. Absol held my arms down with its large paws, snarling at me. I squirmed, but I couldn’t break the strength of the Disaster Pokemon. It raised its head, ready to strike me with the sharp blade on top of its head, but a deafening roar stopped it in its tracks.

From the hole in the roof, Giratina zoomed in, its golden mask glinting dangerously. Its eyes were full of anger, and it rammed into the Pokemon standing on my back, flinging it away with ease. Giratina circled the room, yelling the whole time. “WHERE IS MY ORB!” it screeched. Pulling myself up, I held the orb up.

“Here!” I yelled, throwing it to the dragon. Giratina held it in it’s mouth, still speaking somehow.

“Okay. I’m going after that Gengar!” it roared back at me, zooming out of the hole in the ceiling. Castform was awestruck by the great dragon, but Absol got up, and began to run towards Rotom and me.

“Rotom, use Thunder Wave to hinder Absol!” I roared, knowing that Absol was very dangerous, and it could cause serious problems for my ghost-types. Rotom hummed for a second, then shot a small jolt of electricity at the nearing Pokemon. It contacted with the creature, but Absol seemed to not care. It swung its blade wildly as it approached my Pokemon, and I could see Rotom’s eyes freeze up in fear, but suddenly, Absol collapsed on the ground, shaking wildly.

“Awesome!” I exclaimed. Absol’s body had become paralyzed, although it was recovering now. “Okay, Rotom, before it recovers, use Hydro Pump to push it away!” Rotom’s middle spun for a second, then it began to expel a jet of water at Absol. The water washed over it relentlessly, flinging it away from us.

“Castform!” the Weather Pokemon yelled, and I hit myself mentally- I had been ignoring that creature, and had been paying more attention to the threat. In front of it, Castform held a large shadowy glob, a Shadow Ball. With a squeal, it launched the ball at my Rotom, and the Pokemon was too distracted with hitting Absol to deflect the attack. Rotom cried in pain, and collapsed on the floor.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Leman Offline

Frowning, I grabbed a Pokeball and recalled my Pokemon. It disappeared in a flash of red light, and by that light, I could see Absol rising in the back. Castform grinned evilly, obviously pleased by what it had done.

In seconds another blinding flash erupted out of the ground, and two new ghosts appeared in the rocky battlefield. Spiritomb and Dusknoir hovered, glaring at their weary opponents menacingly. The eerie aroma of the Torn World seemed to empower them and they looked to be twice their normal size. This power would be far too great for Absol and Castform. I grinned; I knew the battle was mine.

The other two did not flinch at the sight of these ghostly giant. Swiftly, Absol charged forward, leaping up, delivering two quick jabs at Dusknoir’s massive stomach. Both punctured his ghostly skin, but when he roared, it was more out of anger than pain.

“Brick Break,” I said, grinning.

He brought back his massive fists, swung them in the air violently, but Absol was far too quick for the lumbering Dusknoir. The Pokemon slipped in between Dusknoir’s wide strikes with ease. It launched a quick slash at Dusknoir’s huge forearm, and the ghost bellowed again, this time in pain, clutching the ghostly wound.

Meanwhile, Spiritomb had shot himself straight at the dark purple blob, leaving a trail of darkness behind him. Castform did nothing, as the swirling mass rammed into him. He toppled backwards but still kept himself aloft. The Pokemon shook his head, but just got back to his senses before the green-faced ghost plowed into him again, with another Shadow sneak again. Castform soared backward far from his attacker.

Spiritomb prepared to shoot himself at Castform again. Glaring, a ring of purple spheres radiated outwardly from Castform’s body, shooting in every direction. The purple blob was too far for Spiritomb to stop another attack, and several of them rammed into his green face. The ghost shrieked in agony.

Other balls shot across the vast dark expanse. Some found their way to Dusknoir. They blasted into his back. Groaning, ghost tumbled forward and into the ground with a thud. Absol pounced, with his furry claw encased in a shadowy glow, ready to tear up the Ghost Pokemon.

“Counter!” I shrieked.

With blinding speed Dusknoir threw up his massive hands, grabbing Absol’s skinny leg in mid-swing. Absol’s eyes widened in shock as Dusknoir knocked it into the ground. The levitating platform shook with the impact, and Dusknoir slowly rose to its feet. Its single yellow eye glared menacingly at the white beast.

The two contenders stared at each other for a few quick seconds. All of a sudden, Absol launched itself forward, the blade on its head glowing. At my command, Dusknoir moved to the side quickly, second before the blade hit him. Absol was sent into the rock ground, upturning reddish dust obscuring both from view.

Explosions rocked the air to the right of me. Spiritomb and Castform were both launching black and purple blobs of energy at each other. None hit their mark. Instead the crashed together in mid air, spewing tiny droplets of energy, but leaving the Pokemon completely unharmed.

Both Castform and I realized this was futile, at the same moment. Its purple body glowed yellow as I yelled, “Dark Pulse!”

Spiritomb howled angrily as a dark black ring of energy pulsated out of his ghostly body, sweeping the floor of the arena. The energy traveled in every direction, quickly slamming into Castform small body. It lost control of its flight and hit the ground with a thud. The yellow color that the purple weather Pokemon had been radiated turned to a sphere and shot itself upwards and disappeared from view.

Spiritomb grinned menacingly as it inched towards its fallen foe, waiting for me to give him the command to finish off Castform.

“Faint Attack,” I said, grinning. The battle had been won. Spitiomb and Dusknoir both could easily overpower Absol. Spiritomb inhaled, preparing for the attack, but it never came. Instead a blast of yellow electricity slammed down from the sky directly on top of him. It coursed through his undead body, frying him a crisp. I saw his gaseous for recede into the odd stone at his base. When it was gone, the rock sat on the ground, unmoving.

It took me a few seconds to comprehend what exactly had happened. The victory had been snatched from my outstretched arms. I realized that yellow energy Castfrom had released earlier had come down now. I growled in anger, and turned to the other battle that was going on.

The Dark Pulse had swept away the dust covering the combatants. Absol had been pushed back the dark energy, but still looked ready and able to fight. It bounded forward again, ready to strike with another slashing attack.

“Fire Punch!” I roared. Dusknoir’s hand was encased in a orange glow, and it was shoved into the gut of the Disaster Pokemon. He tumbled backwards, but landed on his feet, grimacing. A shiny black burn bark was visible on his stomach next to his shiny white fur.

“Focus Punch,” I commanded.

Dusknoir hovered forward and pulled back his massive fist, ready to finish off Absol. Suddenly, a thump was heard, and Dusknoir fell slightly forward, and his had dropped out of the position it was in, no longer ready to strike. Castfrom was at the other side of the platform, grinning menacingly, pleased with his Shadow Ball attack. Shaking its head it got back to its senses. Absol whipped the crescent on its head, shooting forward a black, moon-shaped, projectile, while sliced right through his ghostly body. Dusknoir stopped moving, his eye wide.

“Shadow Ball!” I screamed, hoping that it would be enough to down the deadly Pokemon in front of him. A purple ball glowed in front of his eye, but it never got bigger than the size of an orange. Another blob of energy tore into the back of his head and he fell forward, where he lay, unmoving. The attack dissipated into small bits.

I winced as I recalled both of my Pokemon. Now, I had one left. I didn’t normally use him for battles, but this was my only option. Gengar would have no mercy me or my Pokemon. He would kill us instantly and cause more havoc here. I had to try.

“Go! Driftloon!”

The Pokeball erupted shoring a brilliant display of blinding light. My familiar golden balloon Pokemon, with the bright blue ‘x’ on his chest appeared as the light faded.

Seconds after the light faded, two huge blasts of purple energy flew through the air. Driftloon looped itself out of the way as both attack soared through the air, disappearing behind me in the dark abyss. Both of our opponents were glaring at Driftblim, obviously angry that their tandem of attacks had failed to leave a mark.

Dodging; that was what Driftloon was best at. Hopefully he could keep it up until I thought of a plan. Right now, I had no idea what to do.

A quick stream of electricity shot from the balloon Pokemon’s x. Flying at a blinding speed, it smacked into Castform’s small face. Driftloon quickly moved over to his left, fearing the next attack. Just as the little ghost had expected, a ball of energy soared past, green this time. Castform looked unphazed by that last attack, and it reared up to try and strike again, as Driftloon seemed to glow with yellow energy.

“Charge Beam!” I said to myself. That was a brilliant idea! If he kept that up we’d win.

Driftloon was expertly dodging Castform’s energy attacks, and as Absol coiled up, ready to pounce, I yelled, “Another Charge Beam! Absol this time!”

Driftloon swooped backwards and turned to his left to see the white Pokemon leap from where it had sat, its fangs bared. Another stream of charged particles flew at the Pokemon. It was knocked out of the air, but landed on its paws, growling.

Glowing yellow, Driftloon turned to his right again, a fired off another shot at an oncoming blue ring of water. It exploded in midair on contact, and Driftloon swerved backwards as Absol came crashing down. The Pokemon hit the floor with astounding force. Cringing and furious the Pokemon got to its feet, panting heavily.

They yellow aura that Driftloon was emitting, slowly turned white, and got brighter. Absol and Castform backed away cautiously. Driftloon’s body morphed and stretched, until, after a minute, it stopped. A new Pokemon hovered in our presence.

It looked a lot Drifloon, yet its golden body was twice as big, and the blue x was twice as small. The two ‘tails’ that it had, were now gone. Instead, four blue appendages stuck out of the bottom of his body. The Pokemon waved around in the air. Drfitloon had evolved. I grinned, and Driftblim’s eyes narrowed.

Absol’s shock wore off at first, and it bounded forward, with less grace and speed than before. “Air Cutter,” I said.

Driftblim’s yellow body glowed slightly. The power he had gained through the Charge Beam attacks did not where off, and hundreds of tiny gusts of air shot towards Absol, when the ghost waved its arms.

The air collided with Absol as it was in mid-bound, throwing him backwards onto the floor. Tiny cuts appeared along his body, and he writhed and shrieked in pain.

Instantly the ghost turned to Castform. In a blinding flash, a huge bolt of lightning blasted out from the x on Driftblim’s chest, striking Castfrom’s small frame. Instantly, the Pokemon crumpled, and fell out of the air. Sparks of electricity radiated though his tiny body, sometimes flying out, and crackling above his head.

Some feet away, Absol stopped moving, and the treacherous gust passed. The fighting had finally gotten to them. We had finally won. Driftblim giggled happily. He floated down the ground, to rest.

Suddenly I heard a noise. A small scratching noise. I looked over to the fallen Pokemon. Absol’s left front foot twitched, and the same scratching sound was heard. I knew that I could not keep them here, in the Torn World. Soon they would awaken, and Gengar, or someone else would use them to torment this place again. There was only one way to take them out of here.

From my pocket, I took out two Pokeballs and threw them at each of the Pokemon.

Absol + Castform
72,835 Characters (60k-80k needed)

Absol would be mine; Castform is Michaels. :D

Last edited by Leman; 12-13-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

I should be studying. But I’m not. :9

Oh, and this is the first time I grade a collaboration, so sorry if it seems awkward or something.

Story/Plot: There’s just one word that came to mind at the end: fantastic. The whole thing hooked me from the get-go. The eeriness of the Torn World and Giritina, and the revenge Castform wanted to inflict fit so well together that I’m honestly jealous I didn’t come up with it. None of it seemed rushed or too slow, even the battles in the beginning were at a good pace. A real nice job on this.

Only thing I wonder about is why Gengar was teaming with Castform in the first place. Gengar just came out of nowhere in the end, and I’m left asking myself who the hell he was. Was he an ordinary Pokémon? A resident of the Torn World? Another cursed soul? Gengar honestly seemed like a Pokémon you threw at the end to control Absol. And on that note, why did a simple Hypnosis confuse Absol so much? Granted that hypnosis is associated with mind-control in movies and stuff, but Pokémon fans know Hypnosis as a sleeping move.

Introduction: This was also good. The surroundings were described, and so were the Pokémon. However, you didn’t describe your character; you didn’t even give him a name, to my knowledge. :/ I know that First Person POV can be tricky in introductions, but you MUST describe you character in some way, both of you are at fault (Michael for forgetting to write the description and Leman for not pointing it out).

Grammar/Spelling: Grammar was nice, but I have two things to point out to you, Michael:

Quote:
A small wooden door sat behind the trainer, who was wearing a thick dark blue winter coat. He looked to be around thirteen or fourteen-years-old.
You need hyphens.

And:

Quote:
I heard the tall grass rustling, and whipped around to face it. I felt a slight chill down my back as Dusknoir floated close to me, its dark gray body hovering above the ground. The honey mustard colored stripes on its body grinned menacingly at the grass. Its single red eyes stared down at the waist length grass all around us. Suddenly, something burst out of the grass towards us, but all I could see was a white blur. Duskoir flung its ghostly body in front of me, but the white thing flew through it, narrowly missing me, and landing in the grass behind me.
Did you know that you used the word “grass” five times in merely the first paragraph? You and poke123 have the same problem: redundancy in your sentences. I know it’s tricky to not use the same word sometimes, but you have to make the effort to vary the words in order for the flow of the sentence to be as smoothly as possible. Read this paragraph, and you’ll hear that it seems your repeating yourself. You could have used “tall stalks”, “greenery”, and “pasture” as replacements.

Second, to Leman:

It’s “Drifloon”, not “Driftloon”. Don’t worry, Chris pointed out the same thing to me in one of my stories. :p

Finally, to both of you:

Dear, Lord, I never thought I’d say this to you guys, but did you even proofread this?! =_= There were so many typos in your story that by the end, it just left me frustrated at you two. A simple read-over could have done wonders. Once again, both of you are at fault because you didn’t only have the chance to proofread your parts but you obviously read what the other wrote in order to write your own part. PROOFREAD YOUR WORK, seriously, please. :/ Sorry if I sound harsh, but it’s just both of you have so much experience with writing, and you shouldn't be told.

Length: No problems here.

Description/Detail: I’m glad to say that this was very good. Other than your main character, everything was described to some degree. The Pokémon, the surroundings, the actions, I could see everything really well. However, let me point out that when you used colors to describe, they were always the same “red”, “blue”, “yellow”, “purple”, and so on, and it got pretty redundant. Vary your color words. Use “ruby”, “lavender”, “topaz”, “cerulean”, and other words you can think of. This is your biggest flaw in both of your descriptions, so make sure you guys correct this.

Battle: Battle(s), really. Really nice, all of them. Attacks were nicely described, all Pokémon battled evenly, and the aftereffects weren’t forgotten (like Toxic’s effects). The last one was lengthy and exciting, just the thing to wrap up the story. In the future, just remember to use more of your surroundings. Do that, and this section will be absolutely flawless.

Outcome: I’m on the wall here. The typos nearly drove me to the edge, but the story was really good, one of the best I’ve read. After some thinking, I’ll say: Absol captured, but Castform not captured! Don’t fret, Stunky, it’s nothing serious. I just need you to add the character’s description (and name, please put a name) in your introduction, and you’re set. I’ll let you guys off the hook for the typos this time, ‘kay? But please proofread your future stories. So, Michael, PM me when you have the description ready, and Leman, get your Absol and scram before I hit you with an ugly stick. :p

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

And that's all I asked. :) Castform captured! Just make sure you describe your main character(s) and proofread your work. You two have fun with your Pokemon! :D

Damn, I want an Absol. D:

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce