Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Re: The Shadow Alliance: Hey there Pe2k ;)

After I post this you can do what ever. I'll be posting up a narration of a you tube video describing in full detail the situation at hand. For right now though, here is a little something Teo and I had found, which I think you all should take into consideration instead of "bashing" me to no end.

So what lengths should a player go to in order to win? A player should use any tournament legal move available to him that maximizes his chances of winning the game. Whether certain moves or tactics should be legal in a tournament is a totally separate issue that we’ll get to later. For now, the issue at hand is that if it’s legal in a tournament, it’s part of the game, period. Players often fault other players for “cheating” or playing “dishonestly” when they use tactics that should not be allowed in a tournament, often because they are exploits of bugs. The player is never at fault. The player is merely trying to win with all tools available to him and should not be expected to pull his punches. Complaints should be taken up with the governing body of the tournament (or the community of players) as to what should be allowed in a tournament. This is a dead simple issue that confuses too many players.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:31 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
After I post this you can do what ever. I'll be posting up a narration of a you tube video describing in full detail the situation at hand. For right now though, here is a little something Teo and I had found, which I think you all should take into consideration instead of "bashing" me to no end.

So what lengths should a player go to in order to win? A player should use any tournament legal move available to him that maximizes his chances of winning the game. Whether certain moves or tactics should be legal in a tournament is a totally separate issue that we’ll get to later. For now, the issue at hand is that if it’s legal in a tournament, it’s part of the game, period. Players often fault other players for “cheating” or playing “dishonestly” when they use tactics that should not be allowed in a tournament, often because they are exploits of bugs. The player is never at fault. The player is merely trying to win with all tools available to him and should not be expected to pull his punches. Complaints should be taken up with the governing body of the tournament (or the community of players) as to what should be allowed in a tournament. This is a dead simple issue that confuses too many players.
So to you, good battlers are just "tools"?

Wow.

Anthony do you Shoddy?
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

Quote:

You brought this upon yourself Ken, now go away. Thanks. If you hate pe2k so much, and think we all suck. Go to smogon and enjoy yourself. You're just taking the fun away from all the other kids on here. Grow up man, just grow up.

And yes I do, I need to construct a team tomorrow. I've been sick and I can't really think all that well. And I've been distracted a lot haha.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:

The Smogon battlers part did not bother me as much as what my whole point in posting was ken. My point of my first post was that you had at least 7+ Battlers you never put in the war and you didn't give them a chance. They all looked up to you as a great battler and thought you would give them a chance to fight for there clan, and when you said you had bring smogon battlers what not necessary, you don't have to, YOU WANT TO BRING THEM SO YOU WON'T LOSE, hey Ken guess what IT'S A GAME. I was never trying to offend you at first but then you started calling me gay, all I was doing was bringing up a point.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Anthony, I have a friend here on pe2k that is not very good at competitive battling because no one has tutored him. He is a great guy. His username is Origin-Forme-Giratina, but people jut call him Mario. Do you think we could tutor him in this clan?
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 AM
fullmetal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
Anthony, I have a friend here on pe2k that is not very good at competitive battling because no one has tutored him. He is a great guy. His username is Origin-Forme-Giratina, but people jut call him Mario. Do you think we could tutor him in this clan?
Well if he's friends with you, he must be a good guy. Tutor him a little bit, then I'll just test him out on shoddy to see how he has progressed.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Well if he's friends with you, he must be a good guy. Tutor him a little bit, then I'll just test him out on shoddy to see how he has progressed.
I believe he is only a Wifi battler but he has some really great pokes. I'll tutor him for a bit then Sean could battle him and see where his skill level it.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

I'm getting another video up tonight (not a bashing thing, just a normal wifi battle).
Guess what the music is: MC HAMMER! U cant' touch this. :P

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 AM
fullmetal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
I believe he is only a Wifi battler but he has some really great pokes. I'll tutor him for a bit then Sean could battle him and see where his skill level it.
Sounds good man, hopefully he'll be good enough for the clan.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Got a new video up. :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTsjarZa6Zo
Hamma Time!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Got a new video up. :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTsjarZa6Zo
Hamma Time!
LOL!
Can't touch this!
And I need to make my doubles team soon :P
Old 12-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Sorry for spamming again but I just wanted to apologize to anyone who I offended with what I said I don't know the whole situation so I shouldn't have said what I said but like I said I might still possibly join but I don't know yet I still can't believe what all happened today.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Sorry for spamming again but I just wanted to apologize to anyone who I offended with what I said I don't know the whole situation so I shouldn't have said what I said but like I said I might still possibly join but I don't know yet I still can't believe what all happened today.
No! You're banished! :P
I forgive you. You were just being a panicking sheep. :P
I'm gonna head off to bed, it's like 11:00 or something.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 AM
KageryuEX Offline

Send a message via AIM to KageryuEX

Geez, of course I miss all the fun again -___-
Oh well, good luck everyone :D
Looking forward to working with you all ;D[/late]
Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

In Game Name:Zane
Code of Friendship (FC):You have to look harder! (v)
Your Motive to Join TSA: Free Pizza
Shoddy/Wifi/Both:Both
Instant Messenger:AIM, ZxYShadowYxZ
What have you done for Pe2k?:I gave people hope.

Yeah...
Closed Thread