Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Game Over Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Game Over
Default Re: why is paul so mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
Yeah, youve got a good point here, it might be also made Paul so more mean to Ash because Ash did able to win the battle frontier that his brother failed to get the 7th symbol..

hmm, its getting intresting...
I believe that Paul has mean been to Ash long before Ash ever met Reggie, and how would Paul know that Ash has all the frontier symbols, but thats just what I think.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 AM
inyi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
I believe that Paul has mean been to Ash long before Ash ever met Reggie, and how would Paul know that Ash has all the frontier symbols, but thats just what I think.
Maybe from the start paul met Ash, he made a research, remember they can track trainers info using a computer just liked what misty did to rechie before ash to battle this boy.

Maybe after knowing ash's wins.. it makes him more mean to ash...
Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 AM
fefe31619 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Ultimatum View Post
Is it because of something in his past?
Becuase Gary turned nice.

Nah. He may just not like being with people who aren't important.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Judging by Paul's personality, I don't think the reason why he's so mean to Ash is because Ash won the Brave symbol while his brother Reggie didn't. More like the way Ash and Paul treat Pokemon clash.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Sheepat Offline

OR:

Reggie was groomed by his dad, probably Cyrus, while Paul was shunned. AND ABUSED!

Paul is just taking out his anger on his Pokemon, since he thinks they are like funiture that can fight.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Judging by Paul's personality, I don't think the reason why he's so mean to Ash is because Ash won the Brave symbol while his brother Reggie didn't. More like the way Ash and Paul treat Pokemon clash.
I'm a bit lost...when Ash took on Reggie, was that Paul's brother?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:14 AM
complexmanifold Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to complexmanifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
I love that he's mean. I was getting sick and tired of EVERYONE in the world (not counting organizations) being really really nice to their Pokemon. Paul being so cruel adds realism to the show.

=^^= Nya
I don't watch the anime much, but this sums up my thoughts on Paul pretty well.

He is mean because the writers wanted a mean antagonist I suppose. I'm guessing by the end of his appearances, he will suddenly realize the error of his ways and start treating his Pokemon better, in a classic, cheesy way that only Pokemon could do. Thus giving an illusion to the audience that the writers can actually create a round, dynamic character in the repetitive, declining plot line of the Pokemon series.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
I'm a bit lost...when Ash took on Reggie, was that Paul's brother?
Uh... he has always been? :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexmanifold View Post

He is mean because the writers wanted a mean antagonist I suppose. I'm guessing by the end of his appearances, he will suddenly realize the error of his ways and start treating his Pokemon better, in a classic, cheesy way that only Pokemon could do. Thus giving an illusion to the audience that the writers can actually create a round, dynamic character in the repetitive, declining plot line of the Pokemon series.
Point taken.

Then again... never mind. >_>
Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexmanifold View Post

You know, if they follow the game formats and Paul gets pawned by Jupiter's Pokemon, that's be interesting if Paul sees the error of his ways. I can almost picture his Torterra actually standing in front of Paul and taking the hit and there's Paul on the ground actually consoling his Pokemon and Jupiter laughing at him until Ash comes along. Be interesting if they pair Mars and Jupiter up vs. Ash and Dawn. Or then again with the constant appearance of 'Barry', maybe Barry is going to be the partner for Ash, though I think using Dawn would add more appeal.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
You know, if they follow the game formats and Paul gets pawned by Jupiter's Pokemon, that's be interesting if Paul sees the error of his ways. I can almost picture his Torterra actually standing in front of Paul and taking the hit and there's Paul on the ground actually consoling his Pokemon and Jupiter laughing at him until Ash comes along. Be interesting if they pair Mars and Jupiter up vs. Ash and Dawn. Or then again with the constant appearance of 'Barry', maybe Barry is going to be the partner for Ash, though I think using Dawn would add more appeal.
Hmm... I thought it'd take much more than that to change Paul's attitude? :O

If there's a double battle, despite their differences, Ash and Paul still make a good team.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:50 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Something tells me that Paul is going to be the Vegeta of Pokemon. Which would mean that he will change somewhat, but never actually be totally 'nice'. That's of course assuming the writers don't replace him with anothe rrival in the next League (as they unfortunately have a habit of doing).

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
Something tells me that Paul is going to be the Vegeta of Pokemon. Which would mean that he will change somewhat, but never actually be totally 'nice'. That's of course assuming the writers don't replace him with anothe rrival in the next League (as they unfortunately have a habit of doing).
So we go with the flow. :3

And we talk as if they've confirmed that they'll do that and nothing's going to stop them...