Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default [TEAM RP] The Cullen

The Cullen

"Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light.”
--from “The Call” by Regina Spektor

Mission Statement

Welcome
We are The Cullen.
We believe that all people have the right to live in peace and freedom. To that end, we strive to bring Justice to the wicked that walk this world. We will do whatever is necessary in order to achieve that goal. Sometimes, this may require that laws be broken and lives be lost, but that is the cost of true freedom. Despite how this may sound, we are not entirely lawless. We follow our Creed, a simple code of honor.

Some would say we ought to adhere to good for good’s sake, but evil men will go to any lengths to reach their misguided goals. Why shouldn’t we do everything in our power to achieve our goals of peace and freedom? This unconventional approach often leads others to misunderstand us, but that will not stop us from bringing freedom, peace, and justice to the world.
For We are The Cullen.

The Creed
Stay true to one another,
Let justice be your guide,
Live and fight with honor.

Cullen Theme Song

See Who I Am - Within Temptation

Why the Wolf Mascot?

Throughout ancient history the wolf was admired and respected as a symbol of strength, intelligence and courage. Neolithic artists duplicated its image on cave walls. Shamans sought its power. But, over time the wolf has become a symbol of evil. Most commonly the wolf is viewed as a fiend that uses a mixture of cunning and brute strength to satisfy his dark desires. The perception of wolves as dangerous creatures’ stems less from truths than it does from cultural myths and in reality it is only half true. Wolves do use wit and muscle to survive, but whether or not their desires are “dark” can only be left open to debate. Like the wolf, we are often mislabeled as “evil” when in truth we simply strive to accomplish our goals of Peace, Freedom, and Justice using our wits and when necessary, our brute strength.

Wolves also have a hierarchy system of their own that is much older than humans and according to some folk lore it is the wolves who taught humans how to cooperate. They travel in what we know as a pack, which in truth is simply a family group. This unity of family makes every wolf within a pack very loyal to one another, making any wolf an unwise target to attack. Like the wolf pack, this team is a family loyal to the end.

Team RP Origin and Purpose

The Cullen has been a part of the Johto region for centuries, predating even the infamous Team Rocket. However, they weren’t out in the public view nearly as much as most other organizations like them.

The Cullen were formed not long after the nation of Johto was formed, by a group of soldiers who felt that the military they were once a part of weren’t doing everything they could to protect the innocent and enact justice to its full capacity. So they formed an organization in secrecy, modeling their lifestyle like that of wild Mightyena or Arcanine, and also developing a similar hierarchy.

At first, The Cullen tried to stay completely on their own and out of political influence or affairs, but over the course of two decades this endeavor became impossible as dwindling food supplies and searches for their members made by law officials trying to capture vigilantes made things incredibly hard for the group to continue functioning. So several highly skilled agents were sent to make direct contact with the President. Needless to say, there was a massive crisis over what the Secret Service thought was an attack on the President, but the fires eventually burnt out when the President gave a message to his Secret Service that there was a misunderstanding, and that these people were there under his invitation (obviously a lie, but not one that The Cullen forced him to do).

Once things had settled down, The President met with the Alpha of The Cullen, and the negotiations began, ending only a short time later. The Cullen would be funded by The Government on a rather low-key budget, but it was enough to keep their growing ranks fed and armed for their purposes. And in return for hunting down dangerous individuals, The Cullen was granted amnesty from officials seeking them as vigilantes. Furthermore, technological advancements in living conditions and weaponry were made known to The Cullen first before the national military, since The Cullen might have need of it sooner.

The Cullen were also granted what was known as a Right of Recruitment. Before, they sought out gifted individuals, offered them the opportunity to join a greater cause for life, and if refused, the members would leave from public view; after all, who would believe anyone spouting such nonsense about a secret organization offering them a position at random, and then just leaving upon denial? But with the Right of Recruitment, in times of national crises, The Cullen had the right to forcefully recruit a small number of individuals to their cause, and of course, it was irrevocable; everyone sacrifices their life for the cause of The Cullen. Those who try to retract being recruited in these times, or run, or fight back are immediately killed, because it is seen as a traitorous act, and these actions would take place in the secret areas of The Cullen, which were not to be known to any outsider. It was harsh, but in times of crisis, necessary. The Right of Recruitment was only used twice in Johto’s history.

The Cullen continued on for centuries, slowly gaining in numbers and power, developing the underground bases they held deeper and deeper, until the Synth gas crisis occurred. Realizing that this was a different kind of crisis than they’d ever experienced, the Alpha ordered the underground opened and dug deeper for habitation as the entire region of Johto was guided underground on orders from the dissolving government once the second Synth plant exploded.

Over the course of the next decade, Hybrids and Chimaeras came into being, under some scrutiny of the people remaining humans, but The Cullen quickly quelled any hatred between species, ending a Civil Rights disaster before it ever began. The humans learned to live with Hybrids and Chimaeras, and soon, they became so at ease with one another that interactions were hardly different between people than before; some discrimination, some jokes, but all-around acceptance. This allowed a lot of work to get accomplished, both underground and topside. Use of gasmasks was not yet needed in the Johto Region, but enough were prepared for any man, woman, and child wishing to stay on the surface in the event of a Synth Gas atmospheric development in the Johto region, whether as a result of their Synth plant melting down or otherwise.

Johto became a nation completely at peace with itself in such an incredibly short amount of time because of The Cullen, and so they were looked to as leaders for the country. Thus, the Alpha decided being an underground group hiding behind the scenes was a useless endeavor any longer, and, casting out the Right of Recruitment, The Cullen took over as the governing power in Johto, a fair rule for those who maintained rules and peace, and merciless destruction for those who dare harm innocence. For if there is one thing that The Cullen looks down upon, it’s the harming of innocent lives. Those who attempt or succeed at such an evil thing are sought after as ruthlessly as traitors and spies. Thus, the Cullen is merciless and powerful, but not cruel.

Last Notes

Please, I've said this countless times. THIS TEAM HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TWILIGHT BOOK/MOVIE SERIES WHATSOEVER. Seriously, this has to do with wolves, not disco-ball vampires or werewolves. Please pay attention to this, because garlic attacks will not work on us, and we won't swoon over Edward the disco-ball vampy.

If you wanna associate any Edward with us, try Edward Elric. He kicks ass and is a good guy, even if the law is after him. Cause we're badass like him .

Last edited by Shen; 12-27-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default Re: [TEAM RP VI]The Cullen

Members

Alpha
Shen

Betas
Tiana_M
bronislav84
DS (Deathspector)
Crazy-Ass Hellsing Fanatic (Dog of Hellsing)

Gammas

Gem (Lunar Latias)
Kris (k_pop)
Dragon/Dragoness (Dragoness)

Epsilons
Naomi (EonMythos)
Geoffrey (Professor Geoffrey)
Hoshika
DE/Ryuki/That girl who loves Edward Elric way too much (Draconic_Espeon)

Omegas
Es Leo too. (Just Leo)
Emp/Emp-o/Empamillion (Shucklulz)
Scy (Scytherwolf)
Alana/Lannie/'Lana (Alana Marie)
Bryce/Any variant of the word 'sex' and 'duck' (Bryce)
WWotS/Vanessa/Wolfeh/ect. (White Wolf of the Snow)
Poke (poke123)
BackwardCap (Blazermax)
Katie/Kat/Awesome Chick (Splishee)
Mewcario

Name: (Your PE2K screenname. Yes, everyone can see it when you post. It's for form reasons, nothing more.)
Preferred Nickname: (What you would like people to call you when talking to you. Nothing outlandish, please)
Reason(s) for joining: (What drew you to The Cullen?)

BANNED
If you are on this list, you cannot post in this thread, sign up for this Team, or participate in any Cullen-only events.
(Do NOT make me add you to this list, one is too many)

Last edited by Shen; 12-23-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Announcements

1) Yeah, that's right, our only "rule" is our creed. But otherwise, follow all PE2K rules, or you're outta here.

2) We have enough banners for this Team, we believe. Any donations would be appreciated, but we don't wanna flood everyone in these too much, after all.

3) We got Second place in WAR VIII! Congrats, Cullen members!

4) Team RP VII SU is here! Activity should really pick up now, head over to the SU thread and post up your characters!

5) Due to inbalances, Sign Ups to The Cullen are temporarily suspended until further notice.

Team Banners

Thanks to TT for these two banners

Thanks to White Wolf of the Snow for this banner

Thanks to Larvinator for these two banners

Props to Kayla Ann for this banner

Thanks to Just Leo for these two banners

Thanks to k_pop for these three banners

Thanks to Lunar Latias for these three most awesome banners <3

Thanks to Ahlat for this banner

Thanks to A Requiem of Verities for these two banners

Thanks to Brainiac for this banner

Thanks to Draconic_Espeon for this banner

Thanks to Khajmer for this banner

Thanks to Kitty-chan for this banner

Last edited by Shen; 12-28-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

WAR Effort Results

WAR VIII: Second Place (Congrats on our high finish for our first WAR, Cullen members!)

Last edited by Shen; 10-01-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Hoshika Offline

So do we re-sign up here or what?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

New thread yay.

And didn't you say you still weren't sure what team you wanted to join Hosh?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
New thread yay.

And didn't you say you still weren't sure what team you wanted to join Hosh?
I signed up for the Cullen at the last moment.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:

Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Hmm, no idea then. Probably weren't added to the list that Shen copied and pasted? Let's wait and see what he says.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy
Default Re: [TEAM RP VI] The Cullen

Well, I came up with my final decision, and it turns out that I made my own new team. Still though, thanks for the opportunity and I wish you all the best of luck in the Team RP.

Shen, go ahead and take me off the list, and again, thanks man. Soups, over and out.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Well, this is one way to make things less confusing.

You guys can keep your team as it is, Mikey and I have both decided on going to different teams.

Sorry to put you through the trouble Shen, Tia. But honestly, I only really wanted to because I thought that'd give us 5-6 people, and now that you guys have 5 on your own it seems like overkill.

We'll have to RP together next time, I guess. And sorry again for the trouble ^^;.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Well, we had a really long talk last night, most of it pretty personal and we ended up with Shen being the head.

As for trouble, eh, at least theres no need to make up another name. Although CB quit too so its four now. Miss you Scotts. Have fun with whatever, and see you in the RP eh?

Last edited by bronislav84; 01-09-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

Sorry guys, but i'm going to leave too. After thinking it over, i've realised i don't want to fight against my friends in the Pack. Sorry.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Hoshika Offline

Well, this sucks. Have fun, Kittengirl.

... CALL TOMBI AS BACKUP ROLEPLAYER.

Quote:

Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 AM
bronislav84 Offline

For god's sakes, thats why the merge was suggested in the first place. Well this sucks....

And I thought Mikey and Scotts dissolved the Pack and went to Graffiti. Not like it's an evil team, so who's fighting?

Last edited by bronislav84; 01-09-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Yeah, the PACK's dead, one of the two reasons we left was because we didn't want two wolven-related groups.

And hey, don't blame me, I'm in a team with three people and happy to be in it. Though, if everyone starts joining the one I'm in I'll probably start to cry or something.

Oh, and Graffiti is evil :P.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."