Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: Do you even like Pokemon?

Yeah, I actually do. Kind of weird though. I've grown out of almost every kid show I used to watch except for Pokemon. It's just awesome I guess.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Jesus Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus

Well, I've played Pokémon since the original's came out and thought they were absolutely brilliant. However, I've got tired of the latest editions. Platinum isn't a challenge, so for anyone that's hoping it's going to restore their faith, it won't. There's only minor tweaks like the Gyms have been reconstructed and there's different pokémon but apart from that it's the same old story with the same old idea. I just wish there was some way of setting it so that you had a challenge. I was thinking last night whilst playing Platinum, 'Why is this not a challenge?'. I managed to get past all 7 gyms with one pokémon, which was with my starter Chimchar, despite one of them being an ice/water type gym. There should be a point where I get to a gym, fail, have to go grind a bit, come back and win. But there's none of that anymore.

I miss the originality more then anything though.

As for the animes, well I never got into it mainly because I didn't have the time (I was too busy playing on my bike or something..). But from what I watched I thought they lacked originality and depth. There was no real story line except the whole 'get the gym badges' thing..

Rant over. :3
Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Definitely not as much as when I joined. It's kinda just something to kill time for me.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

I stopped playing it a while back. But I still like it, in a way, but definitely lesser than I used to years ago.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:22 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign

I think we all HATE Pokemon, seeing as we're all on a Pokemon forum.

But yeah, I like Pokemon.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg
Old 04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Yes, I still like Pokemon

It's just the fact that it's going downhill that disappoints me, though I still have the memories that are the 1st and 2nd Gen

Teirusu

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Hmmm, personally, I don't really know. As several people have already said, the games can get very repetitive, although the spin-offs were interesting. I believe that at the moment, Nintendo is biding their time until they get a great idea for a new Pokemon game. Three words that sum up what the Pokemon games need: A story line.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Well the T.V. show is just childish, but the games on the other hand I do enjoy. It entertains me and I really only play pokemon still because of the battling over wi-fi feature and to entertain my subscribers on youtube. Of course I like pokemon and all the characters, but some parts of it get really annoying after awhile. Anyways, pokemon is what dragged me here ;]
Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

I like it, but I like the fan stuff, like fansites, spriting, etc. more than the actual games. I'm starting to play Leafgreen again, though.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Yes, I do. Even ten years later, at age twenty-five (twenty-six next month) I do, anime and all. I have never even been into getting 'good' natures/ EV training or any of the numbers side that most players my age are 'suppose' to love :3. No, to me pokemon has always just been about playing the games and watching the anime (I saw the first episode ever to air in the US before I ever played the games after all), but taking more from it than the storyline itself ever gives me. It might just be the storyteller in me but I love taking an otherwise one sided world and giving it, and my pokemon, more depth in my head. Even in the beginning it never was about just a ten year old trainer to me and my own idea of the game world has just grown and grown. Does that make me crazy? Maybe :). But you won't find a happier crazy pokemon fan ;).

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 04-06-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Lurking Shadow Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Well, I've played Pokémon since the original's came out and thought they were absolutely brilliant. However, I've got tired of the latest editions. Platinum isn't a challenge, so for anyone that's hoping it's going to restore their faith, it won't. There's only minor tweaks like the Gyms have been reconstructed and there's different pokémon but apart from that it's the same old story with the same old idea. I just wish there was some way of setting it so that you had a challenge. I was thinking last night whilst playing Platinum, 'Why is this not a challenge?'. I managed to get past all 7 gyms with one pokémon, which was with my starter Chimchar, despite one of them being an ice/water type gym. There should be a point where I get to a gym, fail, have to go grind a bit, come back and win. But there's none of that anymore.
To the person who said the above... Isn't there this one place called the "Battle Frontier?" O.o Unless you find that easy, as well, in which case tips are appreciated. XD
~~~
Anyway... Yes, I like Pokemon. I liked it in my elementary years-ish, then I think gradually lost interest, then last year, I got back into it with a vengeance. I didn't have the games when I was younger, so I, well, got them and am now a rabid fan of Pokemon. :) ... You can never be too old for Pokemon!

... Right?

Click picture for personality survey, from "The Cave of Dragonflies."
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Yea...I guess.

Once I get Platinum I think I will like it a lot more. I don't think I've played my Diamond for like a year...Also I hear that they make the elite four harder and stuff after each time you challenge them. :o That sounds nice.

I mean like I personally LOVED PMD2...It really made me like Pokemon more then usual...

And then I waisted money on Ranger. Seriously I have not gotten through the intro on that game it is so BORING. I'm glad it was only twenty bucks. lol
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Jesus Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurking Shadow View Post
To the person who said the above... Isn't there this one place called the "Battle Frontier?" O.o Unless you find that easy, as well, in which case tips are appreciated. XD
I managed to progress through the 7 normal gyms in the 'storyline' that you have to battle in order to obtain the badges and the ability to use HMs. It's very easy with a Chimchar (Seeing as it is Fire/Fighting). Obviously by the time I got to like the 5th gym or so my Chimchar was an Infernape and the moveset I had was good enough to take down any pokémon. (Fire wheel, Fire blast, Close Combat and then one other one (I chose Rock Smash because I needed to use the HM)). I was always, and still am, about 10 levels or so over the pokémon that the trainers send out. Basically just use your first pokémon all the time, despite what the person sends out. Luck plays a major role but the amount of experiance you gain for that one pokémon is phenomenal.

[!] Follow My Nuzlocke Adventure [!]

URPG Stats | VPP Stats

"iReign" (16:37:19): I have to have it up for at least two hours

Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
elliot1395 Offline

I do like it, but Diamond bores me immensely. My playing time is 251.00 and more than half of that was after game completion. A good G/S remake would rekindle my love as it was my favourite game, along with R/B/Y. Or a decent game for Wii that is like the handheld games. Anyway, if I did give up on PKMN then I'd still have good memories.