Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:07 PM
chazzymoto Offline

Post Poison Pokemon

Hey i am trying to start a thread about Poison Pokemon. It seems like they are always left out and I think they deserve some respect. So tell me anything you want about them, like your favorite one or if you have a poison team and who is on it anything you want I want to hear what other people think about this.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Post Re: Poison Pokemon

Nidoking is my 4th favorite pokemon.

^ ^
Click
Old 02-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Snake Bite Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Poison Pokemon

Poison Is not the best when you talk about baseing a team about them, but a toxic aspikes or a Toxic move pokemon is good on most teams.

I actually have a acid rain team.
It has water and poison types and mixtures of the two. Some of the water and popison types have swecond types such as dragon, rock andf ground. The team wins 2/3 of its battles, and is good in single and double.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzymoto View Post
Hey i am trying to start a thread about Poison Pokemon.
Congratulations, you just did.

Quote:
It seems like they are always left out and I think they deserve some respect.
I agree, but the reason they tend to be left out is because Poison is unfortunately a poor type both offensively and defensively. Offensively speaking, they are resisted/immune by Rock, Steel, and Ghost, which are shared with the Normal-type, plus Ground and opposing Poison-types. Also, anything up to this point that Poison hits for super-effective, Flying also hits them for super-effective.

There are still some good ones like Weezing with only one weakness that's relatively rarely used and Gengar with a second typing and ability to help him out.

Quote:
So tell me anything you want about them, like your favorite one or if you have a poison team and who is on it anything you want I want to hear what other people think about this.
I love Beedrill, Vileplume, Victreebel, Seviper, and Drapion. I love Poison-types and Poison-type attacks, but unfortunately, they just aren't that helpful compared to other types.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
espeonera Offline
Master Trainer

It's also very true that Poison types are one of those neglected types. I don't have a favorite Poison, but I'd love to see a Poison/Dragon in the future.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 AM
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer

Poor Poison types...

My favourites were always Venusaur and Nidoking. Both are amazing, and sadly underrated. I have also started to develop an affinity toward Toxicroak... I think I'll place one in my Platinum team and give it a whirl.

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART

Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Gib teh poizon sum wub.
I love Posion types, ever since the good ol' days of R/B. Venusaur is, and always will be one of my favorites. -^.^-

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
DXD Offline

| - [DXD's Favorite Posion Pokemon List] - |

-Muk

-Crobat

-Weezing

-Nidoking

-aaand.....Arbok!

| - [My Leaf Green Party] - |
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Snake Bite Offline
Elite Trainer

Poison types I use in meta game...
Muk, crobat, gengar, toxicroak, quilfish, Nidoking, tentacrul.
And you guys seem to forget that Gengar pwns as a poison type!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Favorite Poison-type Pokemon

Crobat

Gengar

Drapion

Nidoking

Venasaur
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Hey i am trying to start a thread about Poison Pokemon. It seems like they are always left out and I think they deserve some respect. So tell me anything you want about them, like your favorite one or if you have a poison team and who is on it anything you want I want to hear what other people think about this.
Huh. I thought Bug-Type Pokemon were left out even more... :O

But yeah, Poison-Type Pokemon are left out quite a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Attack View Post
Congratulations, you just did.
I'm so going to sig that when I have space. XD

Quote:
I agree, but the reason they tend to be left out is because Poison is unfortunately a poor type both offensively and defensively.
All the Poison type is weak to are Ground and Psychic. And many Poison-Type Pokemon are either Grass-Type as well, which resists Ground, or are Flying-Type or have Levitate, which basically makes the Pokemon immune to Ground (disregarding Roost and Gravity). And of the remainder, there're also plenty of Bug-Poison Pokemon, and since the Bug type resists Psychic, they aren't weak against it. What are you talking about? :O

Quote:
Also, anything up to this point that Poison hits for super-effective, Flying also hits them for super-effective.
Only Grass, iirc, and most Grass-Types are Grass-Poison, which negates the weakness.

Quote:
There are still some good ones like Weezing with only one weakness that's relatively rarely used and Gengar with a second typing and ability to help him out.
Does Gravity ring a bell? XP

And Gengar actually has more weaknesses (at least 3; Psychic, Ghost, Dark) than a pure Poison-Type Pokemon (2). But that's for attacking only. Ghost-Type moves are effective against Psychic and Ghost-Type Pokemon as well. So it doesn't really help that much. But it does help. :P

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Apollo the Incinermyn Offline
Amateur Trainer

Poison types could have better type match-ups I think. Make Normal types vulnerable to poison and not just Grass types. Also, there should be some kind of bacteria or amoebic poison type introduce in the next gen. But as far as faves go, Skuntank's mine, followed closely by Toxicroak and Weezing.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Poltergeist Offline

I love Poison pokemon, in particular Haunter, Grimer, Weezing, Gloom, Venasuar, Crobat and Nidoking are some of my favorites, but unfortunately, because they aren't good against too many pokemon I tend to not get too many of them on my team unless they are a dual type.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yeah, they are cool looking but not that good. Nidoking and Crobat rock Skunktank is actually relatively good, due to it's Dark subtype negating the Psychic weakness (unless they use Miracle Eye, but by then the Psychic may be dead XD), leaving it only weak to Ground.

Heh, they're weird too. I mean, you can breed a Nidoran(F), but not Nidorina or Nidoqueen?

Perhaps most perplexing, how can you breed a Nidoran(M) to have Egg moves, when males pass on the moves? 0o Mysteries.

Also, there needs to be a Poison legendary >.>
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
I'm so going to sig that when I have space. XD
Nice! Just be sure to put it around the original line that I was quoting, otherwise it won't make any sense.

Quote:
All the Poison type is weak to are Ground and Psychic. And many Poison-Type Pokemon are either Grass-Type as well, which resists Ground, or are Flying-Type or have Levitate, which basically makes the Pokemon immune to Ground (disregarding Roost and Gravity). And of the remainder, there're also plenty of Bug-Poison Pokemon, and since the Bug type resists Psychic, they aren't weak against it. What are you talking about? :O
Okay, maybe "poor" isn't the correct word to describe how the poison-type is defensively, but merely average, and with not enough justification to make the type as a whole balance with the other types.

And, you are wrong about Bug resisting Psychic. Bug type attacks are super effective against psychic types, however, bug types do not resist psychic, and therefore, the Poison/Bug types are weak to psychic.

Quote:
Only Grass, iirc, and most Grass-Types are Grass-Poison, which negates the weakness.
Which proves my point. Flying hits them for super effective, poison doesn't. There is nothing that poison hits for super effective that flying doesn't.

Quote:
Does Gravity ring a bell? XP
Who uses Gravity?

Quote:
And Gengar actually has more weaknesses (at least 3; Psychic, Ghost, Dark) than a pure Poison-Type Pokemon (2). But that's for attacking only. Ghost-Type moves are effective against Psychic and Ghost-Type Pokemon as well. So it doesn't really help that much. But it does help. :P
Competitive battlers favor the Earthquake immunity. The poison typing does work mostly to his disadvantage, but the point is, despite that, he's still a good poison type.