Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:17 AM
MissSunday1975 Offline

Default Re: Poison Pokemon

I like Poison teams. They just sometimes don't take much of a beating due to many of them being small Pokemon. But Gengar is one of my all time favorites. Tentacruel is good too.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Poison Pokemon are only appealing in the form of appearance. Poison types are a lot like antiques, they look real nice, but they do little to nothing for you, other than stand around, ready to get broken by an unwary four year old, and in Pokemon's case, an unwary four year old with a DS.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo the Incinermyn View Post
Poison types could have better type match-ups I think. Make Normal types vulnerable to poison and not just Grass types. Also, there should be some kind of bacteria or amoebic poison type introduce in the next gen. But as far as faves go, Skuntank's mine, followed closely by Toxicroak and Weezing.
True... but the body of such a Pokemon would be unrealistic even if it's as small as Diglett. If you take biology, you'll know. But considering who we're talking about... O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
I love Poison pokemon, in particular Haunter, Grimer, Weezing, Gloom, Venasuar, Crobat and Nidoking are some of my favorites, but unfortunately, because they aren't good against too many pokemon I tend to not get too many of them on my team unless they are a dual type.
Yeah. Poison Pokemon aren't too great, but when they are dual-type Pokemon, they're very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yeah, they are cool looking but not that good. Nidoking and Crobat rock Skunktank is actually relatively good, due to it's Dark subtype negating the Psychic weakness (unless they use Miracle Eye, but by then the Psychic may be dead XD), leaving it only weak to Ground.

Heh, they're weird too. I mean, you can breed a Nidoran(F), but not Nidorina or Nidoqueen?

Perhaps most perplexing, how can you breed a Nidoran(M) to have Egg moves, when males pass on the moves? 0o Mysteries.

Also, there needs to be a Poison legendary >.>
Yeah, strange that they don't allow Nidorina or Nidoqueen to breed.

I think they should consider the 2 Nidorans as the same species, allow Nidorina and Nidoqueen to breed, and make the descendants both Nidorans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Attack View Post
Nice! Just be sure to put it around the original line that I was quoting, otherwise it won't make any sense. Then everything will clear up.
When this month ends. :)

Quote:
Okay, maybe "poor" isn't the correct word to describe how the poison-type is defensively, but merely average, and with not enough justification to make the type as a whole balance with the other types.

And, you are wrong about Bug resisting Psychic. Bug type attacks are super effective against psychic types, however, bug types do not resist psychic, and therefore, the Poison/Bug types are weak to psychic.
Whoops. That was Ground.

Anyway, you get my point.

And defensively, the Poison type is actually good.

Quote:
Which proves my point. Flying hits them for super effective, poison doesn't. There is nothing that poison hits for super effective that flying doesn't.
Yes, but that doesn't mean Poison should be totally dissed and all that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
Poison Pokemon are only appealing in the form of appearance. Poison types are a lot like antiques, they look real nice, but they do little to nothing for you, other than stand around, ready to get broken by an unwary four year old, and in Pokemon's case, an unwary four year old with a DS.
Depends on the Pokemon.

At this rate, I think that a Generation V pseudo-legendary Pokemon will have Poison as a type...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

This should be locked. I mean, if we have threads about every type, it would spam the whole forum.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Beedrill for sure. Then Drapion, they're pretty awesome, and oh, Haunter. Man he's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 04-10-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:10 PM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Hmmm, there aren't many Poison Pokemon unfortunantally, they are an interesting type. Although they don't have many great Pokemon, like Nindoking & Nindoqueen, they have some pretty good ones. But I, personally, think that their moves are better than their Pokemon. Toxic, Toxic Spikes... Ah...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Cherry Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Cherry

Poison types are awesome. Skuntank is one of my favorites. When I first saw it I knew I had to get it in Diamond, and sure enough I did. :3
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Yea, Poison Pokemon need more attention. I was really happy with the DP generation, because we got some different poison type combos rather than another poison/bug. heh. A poison/dragon would be nice to see next!

Muk, Qwilfish, Haunter, and Roselia are some of my favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-12-2009, 06:25 AM
rangermoore Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, my favorite poison Pokemon are Gastly, Haunter and Gengar, because my favorite type is ghost type. Oh, and Skorpis and Drapions are cool to.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
That's just Bulbagarden's opinion. I still think they're rather mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Yes, but that doesn't mean Poison should be totally dissed and all that stuff...
I agree, I never dissed them, I just gave some thoughts as to why others might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
Nindoking & Nindoqueen
I don't really know what to say, other than that it was too good not to be quoted somehow.