Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Team 9 Lives to the Rescue!

"Hmm? What do we have here?" questioned a Pidgeotto. Her ruffled brown and tan feathers and pink frill swayed in the gentle breeze, as her talons clung to the branch of the oak she'd perched on. She'd been enjoying the peace when a loud irritating ding hit her tiny ears. She then winced as her attention was brought to a little kitten that was running at top speed down a long dirt path. Scoffing, she took to the sky and flew off for a quieter location to rest. "Dumb cats. I can't stand any of them!" she chirped as she flew into the distance. She couldn't help but give a mall smile though. She knew that particular kitten and knew why it was running.

The Rescue Force had started taking in new recruits about a week ago, and that little kitten was on her way to sign herself up. She was aiming to become a member of the famed Rescue Force of Vista Town.

Ba dump bump!

POKEMON ELITE 2000 AND ROCKETMEOWTH INDUSTRIES PROUDLY PRESENTS, THE REMAKE OF AN EPIC FANFICTION AND THE FIRST OF ITS KIND AT PE2K THAT ROCKETMEOWTH WAS TOO LAZY TO COMPLETE EARLIER ON!

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: TEAM 9 LIVES TO THE RESCUE! - THE REMAKE!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

OMG I am totally re making it NOW! I can't take it anymore! All I've actually been able to do is nothing but my first successful story!! xD

I'm sorry to those wanting Rejects, but I haven't been able to get 9 Lives out of my head! It's been torturing me in my sleep!! BAD 9 LIVES BAD!!

Anyways, everything is going to stay the same member wise and plot wise. However, I will be adding in new members based around new friendships I've made since the halting of PMD:T9LttR.

If anyone has any good ideas as to how to keep this baby going, please inform me! I honestly don't want this to die! I've had so much planned for this story that I can't stand it! xD

=^^= Nya
Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: Team 9 Lives to the Rescue!

I know what you mean about not being able to get a story out of your head; I keep thinking about my Mystery Dungeon story I haven't written in so long xD

Anyway, this sounds like a good idea and I'll definitely read it! I didn't have a chance to read the old one but I saw some of your drawings for it and it seemed like an exciting story. As for how to keep it going, one thing I do is I try to write every day, even if I don't have much inspiration and/or time and only write a few paragraphs (even if they don't sound too good, I can always change it later). If I have inspiration for certain parts of the story that are ahead of where I'm at, I write parts of it in a different file on word. It's a good idea for me because I can use it later in the story if I want to and it sometimes gets me in the mood for writing the current chapter I'm working on. It sounds like you have a lot of inspiration now though, so good luck with the story!

Also, I just thought of something. I know you have a lot planned (which is good!), but how much of it do you have planned? I think a good idea is to think of the plot and a lot of specific ideas, but also leave room for any sudden new ideas you might get on the way. I've written my story and suddenly got a new idea for the next chapter and adding it actually made it better plus made me want to write it more xD

Also, if you ever don't have much inspiration to write, I find that reading other stories and books or listening to music that reminds me of the story or characters really helps.

If there's anything else you need help on, I will try to help ^-^

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I'd already clicked something on my browser when I suddenly saw 'team nine lives' so I clicked the back button insanely and came here.

8D

Yay!

Enough said. xD

I can't wait for the first chapter. O: I shall read it religiously.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:12 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

lol.

Thanks Scy! And yeah, I have a good chunk planned out. I'm keeping a lot of stuff from the previous version, but I'm trying to make it shorter. So far here are changes I've made, and no this doesn't give anything away:

- less teams
- less unneeded members
- focus is primarily on Team 9 Lives
- less villains, but with that come stronger villains (ex. Mercury is more powerful than he previously was)
- more back info on Chaos and the Original 17
- the legends serve a slightly larger part while at the same time, keeping a respectable limit to how often they turn up

That's basically what I've changed. Oh and for future refferance, Arceus doesn't exist in my story. It would clash with the Original 17. That or I could make it so the Original 17 created Arceus to overlook the below planet and its inhabitants so they could continue on with their goals. I'll figure it out but for now, I don't think Arceus will exist.

For those new to my story, I wrote it before the first PMd game was even translated and released in America. As such I wrote it before Sinnoh. The Original 17 are the gods and creators of Pokemon kind. I've already been told to get rid of them by others who came to my story after Sinnoh came out so I feel I need to make it clear. xD

And yeah, I have tons of inspirational music I can use to help me stay with my PMD story. And Scy, you better keep with yours! I haven't read a single word of it, but I hear it's excellent from those who have! So KEEP WRITING!!! xD

And don't worry, there is plenty of room for stuff to be added in. I've mainly figured out the basic plot-line, middle beginning, middle end, and what happens t the very end. xD

AND YAY! Tombi will read!!

=^^= Nya
Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

You've FINALLY decided to go ahead with the remake, huh? Good job, sis! ^^

I've been waiting forever for you to do this. xD It's kinda true I never entirely read your first one, but what I did read was good.

I still think it's your best fic to date. *ignores Rejects* x3

So yeah, pretty much what Scy said. Make sure you write when you can, and if you have any good ideas you better write them down straight away so you don't forget. xD

I find listening to music, imagining scenes and even watching similar movies help me with inspiration, so find what suits your story and stick with it. You'll do a good job on this for sure!

Also....*cough* Do I get a character? x3

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
Also....*cough* Do I get a character? x3
If she gets one, I want one. >=O

xD

Naw, I'm kidding. But if you ever get the urge to add a Vulpix, y'know who to base it off of.... ;D

According to my friends I'm a Vulpix. . _. Cute until you annoy it. I will melt your face.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Can't wait to read-me likey PMD fics! If you need help making an insane character, or making someone evil...Well, you know who you're gonna call!

...No, not Ghostbusters.

......No, not the pizza place.

....For Pete's sake, ME! >.>

Anywho, make sure you have a good plot and have it planned out. SonicX: Dark Storm was easy for me to do because I planned it for 1-2 years XD Never wrote anything related to it down besides its logo (and I never even saw the last episode of the show!).

I find it's harder to do a story following a set storyline then one you create. I'm having so much trouble with SonicX: New Moon because it follows Unleashed's story, plus extra characters. I also...Didn't really plan it out. Whoops. And I have Sonic Shift on the brain >.<

But, yeah. Listen to Scy. She knows what she's talking about.

Don't listen to Grassy! She tortures characters for fun! She-*Muffled*

Did you hear something? XD
Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Giratina Offline

I agree completely with your problem about not being able to get a completed story out of your head. I keep trying to work on another one, but Mesprit and Kris and Cyrus and everybody just keep poofing into my head. > .>

But, to be honest, I'd be overjoyed if you made a rewrite of Team 9 Lives. (Also, Grassy, I believe I can help in the 'insane/evil' department? ;D) I'd totally read it. @ 3@

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

OMG, its really coming back! Yes!

I really missed this story. The older one was great, but like you said, it was tricky to follow, and there were many characters that were good and had great amounts of depth to them, but it made it tricky to really stay focused on any particular team.

I love PMD fics. PMD I & II are in my opinion, the best Pokemon games out there, and reading the fan-made work is extra bliss.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Haha! I leave my thread for a day and it EXPLODES in fun responses!

Sis, Tombi, you can both be characters if you want! I think that's what originally made my story so popular was because it had PE2K members in it. xD

And thanks for all the help info you guys! You're really making me want to get this out and out now! Haha! I'm writing the prologue right now.

=^^= Nya
Old 03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Yay! A character! ^^ Thanks, sis!

I'll get back to you...when you do member sign up things I guess. Or something like that. xD

So I hope the prologue turns out okay for you. ^^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

A remake!? O_O Scuse me for a sec... *walks from computer and jumps up and down* Okay, I'm good. ^^

I've been waiting forever since the last chapter of the first, but I have to say, a refined remake sounds awesome! I was a faithful reader before, so you know I'm gonna be sticking to this one.
I'm kinda glad that NineLives kept shoving its way into your brain. So, I'll have to do as Gem does. *ignores Rejects*
I SO can't wait for this awesome cuz! \m/ >.< \m/
Old 03-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
lol.

Thanks Scy! And yeah, I have a good chunk planned out. I'm keeping a lot of stuff from the previous version, but I'm trying to make it shorter. So far here are changes I've made, and no this doesn't give anything away:

- less teams
- less unneeded members
- focus is primarily on Team 9 Lives
- less villains, but with that come stronger villains (ex. Mercury is more powerful than he previously was)
- more back info on Chaos and the Original 17
- the legends serve a slightly larger part while at the same time, keeping a respectable limit to how often they turn up

That's basically what I've changed. Oh and for future refferance, Arceus doesn't exist in my story. It would clash with the Original 17. That or I could make it so the Original 17 created Arceus to overlook the below planet and its inhabitants so they could continue on with their goals. I'll figure it out but for now, I don't think Arceus will exist.

For those new to my story, I wrote it before the first PMd game was even translated and released in America. As such I wrote it before Sinnoh. The Original 17 are the gods and creators of Pokemon kind. I've already been told to get rid of them by others who came to my story after Sinnoh came out so I feel I need to make it clear. xD

And yeah, I have tons of inspirational music I can use to help me stay with my PMD story. And Scy, you better keep with yours! I haven't read a single word of it, but I hear it's excellent from those who have! So KEEP WRITING!!! xD

And don't worry, there is plenty of room for stuff to be added in. I've mainly figured out the basic plot-line, middle beginning, middle end, and what happens t the very end. xD

AND YAY! Tombi will read!!

=^^= Nya
Oh, I see. Well that's good, I hope you get a lot of good ideas! So are you adding other people's characters in it like Xanthe is in her story? And don't worry, of course I'll keep writing!

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 03-15-2009, 02:17 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

@Scy: Yeah. I had PE2K members in my story from when I first started it. Haha. I figured I might as well keep it up and add new characters.

@Cuz: No sign up form. Just tell me the name and Pokemon you want to be. I'll do the rest.

I don't want a form because I only want people I know in the story. I don't want to add just anyone to it. lol
Well, it's time for me to head to work. I can't wait to get the prologue up! All I have left to do with it is revise and make small edits. THEN IT'S UP! WHOO!!

=^^= Nya
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Sheepat Offline

I just think i'll read this.

Cause I wanna see that tiki pikachu, if he's in here.