Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Gold and Silver remake-lots of possible evidence!

I'm quite sure that the next pokemon game is going to be a Johto remake. Any one notice that the new pokemon movie that's coming in Japan features all Johto starters and a special Pichu? (called 'notched ear' pichu) Look at the Pichu's right ear(from the direction we're looking at it). See the three spikes on it? Hmmm. Those are new. See here:

Also, the hints in D/P/P are tremendous.

Quote:
First off, Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore. Slap me now. And the SecretPotion makes a second appearance!

Also, DPP have location data for Johto. Meaning, if someone hacks a pokemon and wants to make up somewhere it was from, they can choose from a list of places that the game has in its data. Johto is one of them!

If you look closely, you'll see that the Park Balls from the Pal Park are gold on top, silver on bottom, and have a blue center ring. And at the beginning of the game, it even has a TV report about a Red Gyarados!

In DPP, they have honey trees...An idea that was originally meant for GSC, but didn't happen.

With the DSi coming out soon, the Dual Slot function of DPP will be virtually useless. So, to fix that problem, they have put the legendary birds and the regis in Platinum. But that leaves out the legendary dogs! Another possibility for a remake...

Also there are rumors that Nintendo has trademarked the names DuskGold and DawnSilver. (Just a rumor! No proof)

Dusk and Dawn go with the two towers in Ercruteak City from Johto. One is where the pokemon were born(Dawn), and the other is where they died(Dusk). Two Johto pokemon, Misdrevous and Murkrow, can now be evolved by Dusk Stones as well.

There are unused sprites for Shellos and Gastrodon in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl; since their Pokédex data say that their colors and shapes differ from region to region, it's possible that their unused forms are meant to be obtained from Johto via Gold and Silver remakes.

Ho-Oh and Raikou are the only legendaries to not have a movie made about them(unless you count the 1 hour Raikou special); the release of Johto remakes could make it possible for a movie about Ho-Oh.

If you have the Diamond and Pearl Pokedex book guide, you'll notice that every gen has had full image updates(Ken Sugimori's art style) except for Johto. True, a select few Johto pokemon have had redone images, but I'm talking about the big picture. Over all, Johto's pokemon have old pics. New ones may come with a GS remake.

When presented with Oak's Letter, Professor Oak states that the white rock on Route 224 in Sinnoh has a counterpart in Kanto. There has been no appearance of a white rock in the Kanto region, though a smaller white rock is seen in Mossdeep City in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Kanto's white rock could be a Generation IV addition that would appear in a remake.
I tried to make most of this based off of cold hard fact, but there's still no proof about some things. A lot of this info is based from Bulbapedia's look on it, but only a couple of sentences are exactly from Bulbapedia. Also, Bulbapedia gives a lot more insight on it, including the anime hints. But since I don't really follow the anime, I don't think I'd be able to say much about it.

So, what do you guys think?

Pearl:
Name-Devin FC-2793 6056 6870

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

My trading thread! :D
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=76164

Last edited by Raquaza_rox; 03-16-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: Gold and Silver remake-lots of possible evidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquaza_rox View Post
I'm quite sure that the next pokemon game is going to be a Johto remake. Any one notice that the new pokemon movie that's coming in Japan features all Johto starters and a special Pichu? (called 'notched ear' pichu) Look at the Pichu's right ear(from the direction we're looking at it). See the three spikes on it? Hmmm. Those are new. See here:

Also, the hints in D/P/P are tremendous.

I tried to make most of this based off of cold hard fact, but there's still no proof about some things. A lot of this info is based from Bulbapedia's look on it, but only a couple of sentences are exactly from Bulbapedia. Also, Bulbapedia gives a lot more insight on it, including the anime hints. But since I don't really follow the anime, I don't think I'd be able to say much about it.

So, what do you guys think?
Well most of this already known, but yeah the remakes are coming. I'm thinking the official announcement could come at the end of the year and, imo, will be coming out in 2010. They're really are giving away the hints now, though.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Last edited by scubasteveE; 03-16-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

hmmm there are some pretty good arguements in there

But the way i look at it, you really only start seeing facts when people get deprate for something, no?

Right now, most are clamoring for a johto remake. Therefore, the majority evaluates the game harder to find hints like this. Now what about someone craving say another hoen remake? If they put there minds to it they would probably find just as many "hints" for a hoen remake.

I guess what im trying to say is when someone on the internet, or anywhere actually, wants something like a remake, they try really hard to
1. convince themselves that it is inevitable
2. convince everyone else the same

im not saying a johto remake is really far out of the question, it could darn well be the next game out, but this is just my opinion

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 03-16-2009, 04:41 AM
coolmewkim22 Offline

You forgot to mention how in Firered and Leafgreen when you are picking words from the list for mail or your profile, in the trainer catergory they have the words 'gold' and 'silver'.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Pretty awesome, never paid attention to that. Hope they do make remakes really soon (though I dount it'll be soon.)

Old 03-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Metaphysical Offline

I don't think any of this is really evidence for a remake except in Diamond and Pearl there is data in the game so if a Pokemon was caught in Johto it will say caught in Johto.

Although I don't feel like this is any evidence I really hope there is a remake because Crystal was my first Pokemon game and I can't play it anymore.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Wow, it's really good to see that you went through all those facts and such. But hey, I'm expecting them to make a remake of the Johto series. That was one of my fav games in Pokemon!

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 03-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
hmmm there are some pretty good arguements in there

But the way i look at it, you really only start seeing facts when people get deprate for something, no?

Right now, most are clamoring for a johto remake. Therefore, the majority evaluates the game harder to find hints like this. Now what about someone craving say another hoen remake? If they put there minds to it they would probably find just as many "hints" for a hoen remake.

I guess what im trying to say is when someone on the internet, or anywhere actually, wants something like a remake, they try really hard to
1. convince themselves that it is inevitable
2. convince everyone else the same

im not saying a johto remake is really far out of the question, it could darn well be the next game out, but this is just my opinion
I have to agree with you. There are just as many hints and references towards Hoenn as there are Johto in DPP, and I am one of those desperate people who want there to be a remake of GSC(Gold was my first ever video game, Crystal my second). I think that Hoenn really doesn't need a remake just yet; I might explode if Nintendo makes that and skips over Johto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
Well most of this already known, but yeah the remakes are coming. I'm thinking the official announcement could come at the end of the year and, imo, will be coming out in 2010. They're really are giving away the hints now, though.
I know; this is pretty much for a discussion about what is known, and for those who don't know ;]

Like I said before, there's tons more info on this subject on Bulbapedia, if you want to know more about it. I left out lots of things, like how in the background of Pkmn Ranger 2 game card, there is a gold and silver swirl. Stuff like that seems more like random, irrelevent tidbits that are probably just coincidental.

Also, (i just noticed it) in GSC, you're able to battle your rival two days of the week. This is also in DPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmewkim22 View Post
You forgot to mention how in Firered and Leafgreen when you are picking words from the list for mail or your profile, in the trainer catergory they have the words 'gold' and 'silver'.
Really? I didn't know that! xD *runs off to get FireRed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee16 View Post
Pretty awesome, never paid attention to that. Hope they do make remakes really soon (though I dount it'll be soon.)
I think we all do x]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post
I don't think any of this is really evidence for a remake except in Diamond and Pearl there is data in the game so if a Pokemon was caught in Johto it will say caught in Johto.

Although I don't feel like this is any evidence I really hope there is a remake because Crystal was my first Pokemon game and I can't play it anymore.
Ah, yes. A lot of things(like the park balls, for instance) might just be coincidental, and us freakishly desperate people have been noticing the tiniest specks of possible hints. I just hope that Nintendo will get their butts in gear and get a Johto remake out(but not too much rush, we don't want it to suck!). The number of people begging for one is outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
Wow, it's really good to see that you went through all those facts and such. But hey, I'm expecting them to make a remake of the Johto series. That was one of my fav games in Pokemon!
Thank you! (although I got most of it from bulbapedia...just kind of wrote some of the more relevant things(in my opinion) in here :p) so really, most of this credit goes to Bulbapedia, not me. But god knows, it took me a while to type it all xD
And Gen II is my fav gen as well :D

Pearl:

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

Last edited by Raquaza_rox; 03-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

All this is basically from Bulbapedia

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Silver_remakes

But yeah, we might see a Johto remake in the near future.

<3
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
All this is basically from Bulbapedia

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Silver_remakes

But yeah, we might see a Johto remake in the near future.
Yes, I know. But I've put down things that seem more relevant than others, and saying look here and posting a link probably won't get looked at as much. I just want people to say what they think based on the 'hints.'
And I've also said that this is basically from Bulbapedia.

I sure hope we see one soon!

Pearl:

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush

That would be prett awsome :o
I hoped for one for a while and it looks like they will make it and it will bring Pokemon back to life :D

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

You know, I actually just thought of something, inspired by the fact that there really hasn't been a movie featuring Ho-oh. You remember how Ho-oh appeared to Ash at the very beginning of the series? What if the series ends off with Ho-oh, too, and the GSC remakes round off the Pokemon series as we know it?

Okay, so that's a little farfetched, but it's a weird thing to think about.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
You know, I actually just thought of something, inspired by the fact that there really hasn't been a movie featuring Ho-oh. You remember how Ho-oh appeared to Ash at the very beginning of the series? What if the series ends off with Ho-oh, too, and the GSC remakes round off the Pokemon series as we know it?

I doubt it, they're making far too much money off of Pokémon, they'll stop when the fans stop caring - which wont happen for a LONG time, my guess, 5-7 years. Sure the Pokémon might be al ittle crappy then, far worse than Sinnoh I'd imagine, but they'll carry on.

Also, Johto Remakes :D

I love Johto so much...

It's a whole new world we live in...

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post

Whoa. That's a scary thought. Ending the WHOLE pokemon series with a movie about Ho-Oh? o.o

Pearl:

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post
I doubt it, they're making far too much money off of Pokémon, they'll stop when the fans stop caring - which wont happen for a LONG time, my guess, 5-7 years. Sure the Pokémon might be al ittle crappy then, far worse than Sinnoh I'd imagine, but they'll carry on.

Also, Johto Remakes :D

I love Johto so much...

It's a whole new world we live in...
...It's a whole new place to see!

lol xD

Pearl:

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D