Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Raquaza_rox Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Gold and Silver remake-lots of possible evidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
If I remember right, hackers also found data for all the Johto Pokeballs in D/P, including the sprites. This would enable to game to not freeze when using a Johto pokemon caught, in say, a Heavyball.

There's no doubt there will-eventually-be a G/S/C remake. The games were too popular back then, and seeing as how technology has improved and such, there is a major money-making opportunity there. Hell, even if they simply made the graphics and music better, it would still be a best seller!

Oh, and...*Huggles Chikorita* Mine!
Really? I didn't know that the Johto Pokeball info was in DP too! I'll have to edit the post later and add that in.

Pearl:
Name-Devin FC-2793 6056 6870

Platinum:
Coming later TODAYYY~ 8D

My trading thread! :D
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=76164
Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Like I said, I THINK it said that on Serebii...Dunno. I'm checking now, but Serebii is being a pain, and Bulbapedia hasn't been working for me. Haven't checked today. I'll see if I can find the article ;D

EDIT: Here. There are sprites for the Johto pokeballs, and we only learned what a few looked like in the anime. They look professional, too. Keep in mind-Serebii is having problems right now with their server, along with Bulbapedia. So, I can't locate more info right now...Sorry.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 03-28-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:54 PM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby

Even if there was a remake, what would be the point if you can already get (LITERALLY) almost ALL Johto Pokémon? There's some in DPP, Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green, and A LOT in Colosseum. There'd be no point to people like me who already have a lot of Johto Pokémon. Besides, all the things you made were just REFRENCES to Johto, not saying that they're gonna make a remake of it.

EDIT: Several Johto music was found in R/S/E, and no one said jack squat about that. Why? Because they never made a GBA remake.

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Amazing Ninja Kirby; 03-28-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kirby View Post
Even if there was a remake, what would be the point if you can already get (LITERALLY) almost ALL Johto Pokémon? There's some in DPP, Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green, and A LOT in Colosseum. There'd be no point to people like me who already have a lot of Johto Pokémon. Besides, all the things you made were just REFRENCES to Johto, not saying that they're gonna make a remake of it.

EDIT: Several Johto music was found in R/S/E, and no one said jack squat about that. Why? Because they never made a GBA remake.
I completly agree with Ninja Kirby. This Johto remake stuff is garbage. Like Ninja Kirby said, you can already get EVERY SINGLE JOHTO Pokémon. (The only one missing is Celebi, but there's no sign of an event coming soon at all) You can get the dogs in Leafgreen/Firered/Colloseum, you can get Johto starters in Emerald/Colloseum and the rest are scattered around in Emerald, Leafgreen/Firered, Colloseum, and a few in Ruby and Sapphire. (Skarmory for example) I can actually finish the Johto part of the NationalDex, but I never felt like transfering them. Anyways, all this stuff, well you really don't have much evidence, except for the starters in the movie, but we'll only know why they ended up there until it comes out in the U.S. So basicly you have not much proof like everyone else. And also, they didn't make the legendary digs catchable in Platinum, so they could keep them rare. Johto has basicly become the region of rare pokémon, as in not many people have them and it takes a ton of effort to get them. I'm pretty sure there is never going to be a Johto remake and I'm a bit happy that they know to keep some pokémon rare.

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Old 03-28-2009, 11:25 PM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Two things

1. Raquazza, although they have not yet made a movie focusing on the rare dogs, in the Celebi movie, they did include Suicuine.

2. Speaking as a hacker (no, I ain't proud a' it,) you are in fact able to hack balls that I have never heard of. Being a "younger" Pokemon fan, I don't know if they were in G/S/C.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I wish others wouldn't say "It's not going to happen, people!"

I mean, there's too much evidence it that it will happen. Some people have gone to the game and found the ONLY concrete evidence that a Gold/Silver is eminent;

Quote:
Bulbapedia
Source

The only concrete clue, however, is in hidden in-game data for the locations displayed on a Pokémon's status screen. In addition to all of Sinnoh's locations, as well as text of "Kanto" and "Hoenn" for Pokémon transferred through Pal Park, this data includes location data of "Johto".
Old 03-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Ya know, XD made Kanto pokemon available even after FireRed and LeafGreen came out, even though those two made it possible to complete the dex (Stated in the article above).

Not only that, but to get all the Johto pokemon (starters, dogs, Ho-Oh and Lugia...etc), you have to have ALL the games, and the cord to attached to the Gameboy Advance/Sp. That's a big hassle just to transfer over 8 or more pokemon, don't you think? Johto remakes would make it easier for this to occur. I'm also sick of Ho-Oh and Lugia being near-unobtainable, aside from a grueling challened in Colosseum, and the storyline in XD.

Like I said before-it's not a matter of IF they are going to remake Johto, it's a matter of WHEN. ;D
Old 03-29-2009, 12:39 AM
theajshow Offline

I don't know about all the evidence for a Johto remake. I mean, people can look at the same things are see them differently. I think it just depends on whether or not you really want a Johto remake. Me, personally, I hope they do come out with one. If I was a betting man, I'd say if they do come out with a new Johto game, it will be on the DSi is some type of downloadable DSi-ware game. But, hey, we'll see eventually one way or the other.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I wish others wouldn't say "It's not going to happen, people!"

I mean, there's too much evidence it that it will happen. Some people have gone to the game and found the ONLY concrete evidence that a Gold/Silver is eminent;

Quote:
Bulbapedia
Source

The only concrete clue, however, is in hidden in-game data for the locations displayed on a Pokémon's status screen. In addition to all of Sinnoh's locations, as well as text of "Kanto" and "Hoenn" for Pokémon transferred through Pal Park, this data includes location data of "Johto".
Wouldn't this and the fact that there's Johto music in Ruby/Sapphire point to Ruby/Sapphire actually being a Johto remake, not to a DS Johto remake? Another supposed theory down the drain...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Arcane Offline
Experienced Trainer

There better be a remake, that was the most fun I ever had playing pokemon.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kirby View Post
Wouldn't this and the fact that there's Johto music in Ruby/Sapphire point to Ruby/Sapphire actually being a Johto remake, not to a DS Johto remake? Another supposed theory down the drain...
R/S/E was NOT a Johto remake. It had its own region, and new pokemon. That would make no sense at all-plus the data has "Heonn" in it. Why have Heonn if it was Johto?

Plus, they reuse music all the time. I'm sure if you went through other games you would find similarities between music. Nintendo loves to remix things, apparently. So don't think there won't be a remake-I believe there is simply too much evidence for it to be merely "coincidental".
Old 03-30-2009, 05:18 PM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
R/S/E was NOT a Johto remake. It had its own region, and new pokemon. That would make no sense at all-plus the data has "Heonn" in it. Why have Heonn if it was Johto?

Plus, they reuse music all the time. I'm sure if you went through other games you would find similarities between music. Nintendo loves to remix things, apparently. So don't think there won't be a remake-I believe there is simply too much evidence for it to be merely "coincidental".
RSE did have hidden game music for rt38(moo moo route), GSC pokemon center, and Crystal Entei, raikou, suicune battle music
I claim Psyduck
Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Babii Pikachu Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Babii Pikachu Send a message via MSN to Babii Pikachu Send a message via Yahoo to Babii Pikachu

www.pokemonopal.com

Yup Pokemon Opal, a possible G/S/C remake maybe? Directs right to Nintendo website, they've reserved the name, suspicious.

I feel a remake on they way!~

neuroticnero x babiipikachu

Old 03-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsygirlGTA54 View Post
RSE did have hidden game music for rt38(moo moo route), GSC pokemon center, and Crystal Entei, raikou, suicune battle music
Well, that music WAS awesome XP Point is, they've been using a lot of Johto themed-well, themes. Teasing us, that's what. Driving us crazy, making us come to their doors with torches and pitchforks. Creating hype is a great way to sell a game, after all.

And, I'm afraid to say "Pokemon Opal" is old news. It was talked about in 2007, Serebii had a forum on it. It was before Pokemon Platinum was announced. Doesn't mean they won't use Opal as a name, but...It sounds more like a new game altogether. Nintendo is more likely to use "DawnSilver" and "DuskGold" (or whatever they are called) than anything else, if they continue the trend of "LeafGreen" and "FireRed".
Old 04-04-2009, 05:47 PM

Well I've actually gone to the Battle Frontier in Platinum and I noticed the large increase in the Johto Pokémon that the trainers have. I even already have all 3 Johto starters in Diamond which proves my point, there's no need for a Johto remake at the moment. References don't always mean that they're gonna remake a game.