Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Electrivire Offline

Thumbs down The anime is getting ridiculous

Well it all started when i was in my house birds were chirping dogs were playing poker everything was marvelous when i turn on my tv and pokemon is on. Now its been a while since i've seen an episode so besides brock still not having eyes i had couldn't believe nothing changed

1) I don't how many seasons there have been but pikachu has been in everyone. With that said he should be around lv 100 by now with all that experience he's had. so why does he still get powned every other episode.

2) Another thing almost every episode with Team Rocket they blast off atleast 1000+ft. Where they land and how they survive is beyond me. I mean either they start winning or stop stalking ash.

3) Ash Ash ash. Man it's been years why do you still look like you're nine years old

thats just me what do you think
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: The anime is getting ridiculous

The anime is hanging on its last thread, i think yes they should change it up, at least introduce a new main character (besides ash i mean)

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrivire View Post
Well it all started when i was in my house birds were chirping dogs were playing poker everything was marvelous when i turn on my tv and pokemon is on. Now its been a while since i've seen an episode so besides brock still not having eyes i had couldn't believe nothing changed Nothing?! Heck, it's already season goodness-knows-when!!

1) I don't how many seasons there have been but pikachu has been in everyone. With that said he should be around lv 100 by now with all that experience he's had. so why does he still get powned every other episode. We know; apparently the games don't work like the anime, so many people say.

2) Another thing almost every episode with Team Rocket they blast off atleast 1000+ft. Where they land and how they survive is beyond me. I mean either they start winning or stop stalking ash. Do kids really care? After all, the reason why this forum is even this polite and stuff is because this is a kids' forum. Why? The anime's target audience is kids. Again, I say: Do they really care? No. Just knowing that good always triumphs over evil in the end is good enough.

3) Ash Ash ash. Man it's been years why do you still look like you're nine years old Beats me. But apparently some think it's changing soon. Oh, and he looks like he's ten years old and not nine.

thats just me what do you think
Comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite luxray View Post
The anime is hanging on its last thread, i think yes they should change it up, at least introduce a new main character (besides ash i mean)
I'd like to bring you to this post by someone else. As long as Japanese kids still love them, I reckon they'll stick to it.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:11 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

The problem is TOO MANY FILLERS and unnamed people that have NOTHING to do with the Pokemon games. Like today's Pokemon, who the heck was Angie? What was this Pokemon school? How about this town that had the contest that the game never had? It's all unheard of gibberish that makes me feel lost. The only thing they have stuck with is the gym battles and who fought with whom on the Pokemon.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:00 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite luxray View Post
Didn't they do that with Pokemon Chronicles? I actually liked it but I guess not enough people did or something.

It would be kind of cool if they would make a more mature series for the older fans........

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 AM
KarD Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
The problem is TOO MANY FILLERS and unnamed people that have NOTHING to do with the Pokemon games. Like today's Pokemon, who the heck was Angie? What was this Pokemon school? How about this town that had the contest that the game never had? It's all unheard of gibberish that makes me feel lost. The only thing they have stuck with is the gym battles and who fought with whom on the Pokemon.
That. That's the reason it has failed so hard. It's all these little pit stops in never heard of places that makes me not care. I've grown numb to it. I don't know how often they'd do it in Kanto but no one really cares anymore. I know they're milking it for as long as they can but that's just ridiculous. Is pokemon the longest on going anime or am I wrong here?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Well, how else could they stretch the seasons to be in sync with the release time of the games? Besides, not that many people complain about it, and that's what matters.

True. That could be a good idea to increase its list of target audiences. But will they do it...? It could also be a flop and they'd have wasted money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarD View Post
That. That's the reason it has failed so hard. It's all these little pit stops in never heard of places that makes me not care. I've grown numb to it. I don't know how often they'd do it in Kanto but no one really cares anymore. I know they're milking it for as long as they can but that's just ridiculous. Is pokemon the longest on going anime or am I wrong here?
Credit to Wikipedia. Pokemon's not even 600, let alone 2000.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Pokemon has hit the mileston 500, and I believe it's up to 549 I think in Japan.

Course Monday Night Raw has the BIGGER number though in pro wrestling!
Smackdown also hit 500 just recently.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Hatchet Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Hatchet

Pokémon Chronicles, I believe, was a foreign object to the children accustomed to the episodes that always involved Ash, his Pikachu, Brock, and the girl they're traveling with.
I was once a hardcore follower of the Pokémon anime. I've long passed that stage.
The scenario for every episode is almost always the same. Only new things added to the mix are probably Pokémon and the gym leaders.

Also, if you believe Pokémon has too many fillers, take a look at Bleach.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

So what? Little 2 year olds still like it.

^ ^
Click
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 PM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda55 View Post
So what? Little 2 year olds still like it.
They like Onegai My Melody too, and that's got a more interesting storyline than the current episodes of Pokemon. Except Paul, he's awesome. Because he's a jerk and his name is Paul. That makes him even more awesome. I wonder if the Pokemon Character Naming Committee (PCNC) had a field day coming up with that name?

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

All I can say is: More Violence, Better Storylines. The same stupid crap goes on each episode and Team Rocket shows up and every single one of them. If they want to make it better they should start a whole new series with a new character, better plots, and villians that don't show up on every f'in episode!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
All I can say is: More Violence, Better Storylines.
How one-sided of you.

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Dawn_PiplupFan1 Offline
Master Trainer

Tell me about it. It is so annoying that team Rocket always lose to them and there isn't a long battle between them. Ash is getting so annoying, geeze he looks the same since the very first episode he showed, same with Pikachu, but i only liked pikachu when he showed in the first episodes because he looked more fat. By the way, whenever i see the pokemon show there are lots of places they go to that aren't even in the game system.

MY TRADING THREAD!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=96043
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Pokemon has hit the mileston 500, and I believe it's up to 549 I think in Japan.

Course Monday Night Raw has the BIGGER number though in pro wrestling!
Smackdown also hit 500 just recently.
583 or 584 actually. At least, when you posted. And when I posted this. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
They like Onegai My Melody too, and that's got a more interesting storyline than the current episodes of Pokemon. Except Paul, he's awesome. Because he's a jerk and his name is Paul. That makes him even more awesome. I wonder if the Pokemon Character Naming Committee (PCNC) had a field day coming up with that name?
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
All I can say is: More Violence, Better Storylines. The same stupid crap goes on each episode and Team Rocket shows up and every single one of them. If they want to make it better they should start a whole new series with a new character, better plots, and villians that don't show up on every f'in episode!
Double lol.

They have Paul and Team Galactic. but about the better plot... we can make better ones than them. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_PiplupFan1 View Post
Tell me about it. It is so annoying that team Rocket always lose to them and there isn't a long battle between them. Ash is getting so annoying, geeze he looks the same since the very first episode he showed, same with Pikachu, but i only liked pikachu when he showed in the first episodes because he looked more fat. By the way, whenever i see the pokemon show there are lots of places they go to that aren't even in the game system.
Pikachu got a lot of exercise and got much fitter! XD

Ash...? I'm not sure. XP

About the anime being in a lot of places which the games don't have. They're called fillers, and (almost) every anime has them. :P