Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Interesting secret on Paul!

I think I have a clue as to why he's such a pompaus twit:

He kind of opened up when he said that his brother lost Battle Frontier, the brother had every badge until that final battle and he lost. Then he didn't choose to have a rematch so Paul seems to be taking that loss seriously and feels he needs to avenge some honor. Perhaps Paul gets easily frustrated when he has setbacks and lets Pokemon potentials go. What do you think? This was on today's episode of Pokemon.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

Default Re: Interesting secret on Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post

He kind of opened up when he said that his brother lost Battle Frontier, the brother had every badge until that final battle and he lost. Then he didn't choose to have a rematch so Paul seems to be taking that loss seriously and feels he needs to avenge some honor. Perhaps Paul gets easily frustrated when he has setbacks and lets Pokemon potentials go. What do you think? This was on today's episode of Pokemon.
That's exactly what's wrong with him. He thinks that if he gets distracted or mess up, he's going to end up like his brother.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

Wow... I never knew that. Could be!

^ ^
Click
Old 04-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
That's exactly what's wrong with him. He thinks that if he gets distracted or mess up, he's going to end up like his brother.
Ohh... That makes sense.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:11 AM
pikachugirl2 Offline
Elite Trainer

Yeah, although it made me wanna rip out his soul when he said that Ash trains just like he does(he has no right to even THINK about comparing himself to awesomeness leik dat)

A bunch of reasons Ash and Paul are nothing alike:

1. Ash is patient, Paul rushes everything.
2. Paul is much more laid back than Ash, who is always energetic.
3. Paul is somewhat of a pacifist, unlike Ash, who always looks for a battle.
4. Ash's hair is black, Paul's is purple(I couldn't resist throwing that in there)
5. Ash is easily offended by Paul, Paul doesn't give a crap what Ash says
6. Paul's favorite word is pathetic, Ash's is a tie between battle, yeah, food, and Pokemon.

The scary thing is the anime characters they remind me of who act the same way:

1. Naruto And Sasuke(Naruto)
2. Ichigo And Uryu(Bleach)
3. Light And L(Death Note)(Well, not in energy but more in opinions and rivalries)

yeah i think i wrote enough :)

An Ash Fangirl For LIFE!!! (Also the world's untimate Pikashipper)
Old 04-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

o_O You have a point. No, this point does. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachugirl2 View Post
Yeah, although it made me wanna rip out his soul when he said that Ash trains just like he does(he has no right to even THINK about comparing himself to awesomeness leik dat)

A bunch of reasons Ash and Paul are nothing alike:

1. Ash is patient, Paul rushes everything.
2. Paul is much more laid back than Ash, who is always energetic.
3. Paul is somewhat of a pacifist, unlike Ash, who always looks for a battle.
4. Ash's hair is black, Paul's is purple(I couldn't resist throwing that in there)
5. Ash is easily offended by Paul, Paul doesn't give a crap what Ash says
6. Paul's favorite word is pathetic, Ash's is a tie between battle, yeah, food, and Pokemon.
Can I throw in... Ash wears a hat, but Paul doesn't? XD

Anyway. I also disagree with Ash training like Paul does. Ash trains knowing the Pokemon's feelings and limits. Paul... doesn't.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:19 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

That's nothing:

Dawn admires Ash and well, never know about Paul if he's jealous aobut that. I know, sounds lame, but it's ironic Ash has Dawn and Brock and Paul travels the lonely road.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Never thought of any of this. It all seems pretty logical, especially what Ajarr said.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
That's nothing:

Dawn admires Ash and well, never know about Paul if he's jealous aobut that. I know, sounds lame, but it's ironic Ash has Dawn and Brock and Paul travels the lonely road.
Dawn admires Ash...? :O Prove it. :9

I doubt Paul has any feelings for her... >_>

And doesn't Brock go with friends? :O
Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 PM
pikachugirl2 Offline
Elite Trainer

okay well there was proof dawn looks up to ash in a few episodes.

I don't know the name of the episode:
Dawn was watching Ash train and she was thinking to herself that Ash had gotten much stronger and that he understood his Pokemons' feelings and he really cared about them and he was a really good trainer. Then she switched the thought sequence over to her contests and training.

Episode: When Pokemon Worlds Collide
When Ash was trying to save Pikachu from Team Rocket, Dawn said something about him really caring about his Pokemon. And her pupils were shaking (which ive figured out by now that in anime when that happens it means the person was either amazed, had figured something crucial out or was just about to get emotional.I think with Dawn it was the first one.)

Episode: Tanks For The Memories
There was a scene where Dawn got overly emotional about her contests and started to cry. Ash came over to see what was wrong and asked her why she was crying. He also asked her if she just had something in her eye. She said yes and Ash got all optimistic again. Then Dawn kept watching him train.

Not only that but she was there in the first place watching Ash train and made a comment that he was really good at battling by now and was a great trainer.

Episode: Doc Brock
When Pachirisu first got sick she listened to every last thing to come out of Ash's mouth and followed it, proving she trusted him and what he said. That somehow says something about her looking up to him that I can't put in words because its too early in the morning.

If you know anymore please let me know. I'm running out of music to listen to while I type.

An Ash Fangirl For LIFE!!! (Also the world's untimate Pikashipper)
Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachugirl2 View Post
okay well there was proof dawn looks up to ash in a few episodes.

I don't know the name of the episode:
Dawn was watching Ash train and she was thinking to herself that Ash had gotten much stronger and that he understood his Pokemons' feelings and he really cared about them and he was a really good trainer. Then she switched the thought sequence over to her contests and training.

Episode: When Pokemon Worlds Collide
When Ash was trying to save Pikachu from Team Rocket, Dawn said something about him really caring about his Pokemon. And her pupils were shaking (which ive figured out by now that in anime when that happens it means the person was either amazed, had figured something crucial out or was just about to get emotional.I think with Dawn it was the first one.)

Episode: Tanks For The Memories
There was a scene where Dawn got overly emotional about her contests and started to cry. Ash came over to see what was wrong and asked her why she was crying. He also asked her if she just had something in her eye. She said yes and Ash got all optimistic again. Then Dawn kept watching him train.

Not only that but she was there in the first place watching Ash train and made a comment that he was really good at battling by now and was a great trainer.

Episode: Doc Brock
When Pachirisu first got sick she listened to every last thing to come out of Ash's mouth and followed it, proving she trusted him and what he said. That somehow says something about her looking up to him that I can't put in words because its too early in the morning.

If you know anymore please let me know. I'm running out of music to listen to while I type.
Oh... I get it now. Thanks. :D

But she doesn't do the same for Paul. >:3
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Actually, in seeing today's episode (Saturday), Dawn did seem to have an angry reaction to Paul's attitude, and then she flared at him in the first meeting with him as Paul didn't know her name or something. I feel Dawn doesn't like Paul at all.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
CrazyTrainer Offline

You are right I just seen the episode.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Perhaps.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Actually, in seeing today's episode (Saturday), Dawn did seem to have an angry reaction to Paul's attitude, and then she flared at him in the first meeting with him as Paul didn't know her name or something. I feel Dawn doesn't like Paul at all.
Yeah, me too. It's just common sense...

Anyway. Back to that... twit's secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Perhaps.
4-word rule. >:9