Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: The Misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt252007 View Post
I'm considering taking out the Bastiodon for the Drifblim. Sound like a good move to anybody?
Yeah, I guess so.

As for movesets though, I have no other what niches Drifblim has, so you're on your own.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Necromancer Offline

so, your trading an pokemon with giga defense and pathetic hp, and change it into an pokemon with pathetic defense and giga hp? not much an switch, but because you need it because of the type, do it.

It would be awesome if someone could get me a signature made.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black fury View Post
so, your trading an pokemon with giga defense and pathetic hp, and change it into an pokemon with pathetic defense and giga hp? not much an switch, but because you need it because of the type, do it.

Well, the fact is, that I already have two tankish pokemon in my Suicune and my Meganium. Therefore, I don't really see the problem with putting something in the place of Bastiodon that has the potential to maybe Baton Pass a bulky substitute, or pass on it's speed it gets after it's ability "Unburden" takes effect.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Necromancer Offline

sorry to say, but unburden don't works with B-pass. i tried it with an strategy to give my aggron an immense speed boost, this is what i did: drifblim ability: unburden(duh). moves: ominous wind, batton pass, minimize and subsitute. item: salac berry. strategy: switch in to an status-inducing pokemon(or fightin or normal, but those mostly carry shadow ball). sub, he does stat move, don't works. sub stays. minimize, enemy attacks. sub breaks, but hopefully stays or enemy misses. if stays, minimize again, if enemy misses, again until i done an fair amout. if not, i fight until i taked an fair amount of damage, salac will boost speed and unburden double my speed. then pass. butt, my aggron wasn't quick enough, so it seems that unburden don't works.

It would be awesome if someone could get me a signature made.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
sorry to say, but unburden don't works with B-pass. i tried it with an strategy to give my aggron an immense speed boost, this is what i did: drifblim ability: unburden(duh). moves: ominous wind, batton pass, minimize and subsitute. item: salac berry. strategy: switch in to an status-inducing pokemon(or fightin or normal, but those mostly carry shadow ball). sub, he does stat move, don't works. sub stays. minimize, enemy attacks. sub breaks, but hopefully stays or enemy misses. if stays, minimize again, if enemy misses, again until i done an fair amout. if not, i fight until i taked an fair amount of damage, salac will boost speed and unburden double my speed. then pass. butt, my aggron wasn't quick enough, so it seems that unburden don't works.
Without Speed EVs + with a neutral nature, Aggron has a mere 136 speed stat, so even with +2 Speed he still won't be as fast as a lot of Pokemon. :x
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Honestly man, quit posting in RMT's. You obviously don't battle competitively, and judging by this post, you really don't know that much about what people use. You really aren't helping at all. I'm sorry to be so rude, but I keep seeing this pointless posts in rate my team threads, and it bugs the hell out of me.
And Matt, I would say Dusknoir would be a good ghost type to switch out for Bastiodon, but, he isn't underused. So, if you want Drifblim, I suppose he would work. Dusknoir, despite his bad HP, is still overall bulkier than the balloon.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 PM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Honestly man, quit posting in RMT's. You obviously don't battle competitively, and judging by this post, you really don't know that much about what people use. You really aren't helping at all. I'm sorry to be so rude, but I keep seeing this pointless posts in rate my team threads, and it bugs the hell out of me.
And Matt, I would say Dusknoir would be a good ghost type to switch out for Bastiodon, but, he isn't underused. So, if you want Drifblim, I suppose he would work. Dusknoir, despite his bad HP, is still overall bulkier than the balloon.

Well, I suppose I could use Dusknoir. I whole heartedly agree that he's a much bulkier ghost type than Drifblim. Maybe if I could make a rarely seen or brand new moveset for him. I was thinking something like this...

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Careful or Impish?/Pressure
252 HP/128 Defense/128 Special Defense
Shadow Punch
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Confuse Ray

There is my idea for a kind of annoying tankish Dusknoir. Give me some feedback, good or bad.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Well, I suppose I could use Dusknoir. I whole heartedly agree that he's a much bulkier ghost type than Drifblim. Maybe if I could make a rarely seen or brand new moveset for him. I was thinking something like this...

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Careful or Impish?/Pressure
252 HP/128 Defense/128 Special Defense
Shadow Punch
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Confuse Ray

There is my idea for a kind of annoying tankish Dusknoir. Give me some feedback, good or bad.
I'd use Impish, since Dusknoir is designed to take physical hits, and replace Shadow Punch with Shadow Sneak. It's always better to have priority. Also, you may want to replace Confuse Ray with Brick Break, to have perfect coverage, but whatever, Confuse Ray works.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 PM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
I'd use Impish, since Dusknoir is designed to take physical hits, and replace Shadow Punch with Shadow Sneak. It's always better to have priority. Also, you may want to replace Confuse Ray with Brick Break, to have perfect coverage, but whatever, Confuse Ray works.
I see your point about the brick break. I think I will take off Confuse Ray for it. I think that settles it. As long as there are no further objections to my team...I'm satisfied. One more question though, is my EV spread looking good for Dusknoir?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
I see your point about the brick break. I think I will take off Confuse Ray for it. I think that settles it. As long as there are no further objections to my team...I'm satisfied. One more question though, is my EV spread looking good for Dusknoir?
Just kind of giving this a little bump. I have changed my starting lineup from Lickilicky and Xatu to...

Articuno@Leftovers
Hasty/Pressure (Hasty was the best nature I could get)
252 HP/252 speed/4 Sp. Defense
Tailwind
Ice Beam
Reflect
Roost

And

Usaring@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Guts
252 Attack/252 Speed
Facade
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Protect

First turn Articuno uses tailwind while Ursaring protects. Then guts is activated by the orb, Ursaring's speed hits around 360 or so after the doubling of the Tailwin, and he proceeds to sweep. Articunon set up a reflect and roosts as needed. Then uses tailwind again when the time comes. Anyways, I think it's an improvement on the old combo, tell me what you think.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Archer Offline
New Trainer

Keep in mind that in Doubles, everything needs to be bulkier, as the opponent can just target one pokemon to take it down. For this reason, Ursaring isn't going to last long at all; Especially with Toxic eating away at it.

If you still want to retain a similar idea with some more bulk, Venomoth can Skill Swap Tinted Lens over to Slaking, which means it not only loses Truant, but gains Tinted Lens' effect of doubling the power of resisted moves. Due to this, you've got something bulkier and hitting with a 102 Power STAB moves that is effectively unresisted.

Another option is to Skill Swap Unburden from Drifblim and equip Slaking with either a Salac or Liechi berry. You can Sub down and get either +2 Spd or +1 Atk/+1 Spd, respectively.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Keep in mind that in Doubles, everything needs to be bulkier, as the opponent can just target one pokemon to take it down. For this reason, Ursaring isn't going to last long at all; Especially with Toxic eating away at it.

If you still want to retain a similar idea with some more bulk, Venomoth can Skill Swap Tinted Lens over to Slaking, which means it not only loses Truant, but gains Tinted Lens' effect of doubling the power of resisted moves. Due to this, you've got something bulkier and hitting with a 102 Power STAB moves that is effectively unresisted.

Another option is to Skill Swap Unburden from Drifblim and equip Slaking with either a Salac or Liechi berry. You can Sub down and get either +2 Spd or +1 Atk/+1 Spd, respectively.
What if I simply let Ursaring be slightly slower and dump a big chunk of EVs into HP?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
What if I simply let Ursaring be slightly slower and dump a big chunk of EVs into HP?
That'd be even worse. Toxic eats away at a scaled rate. 1/16 in the first round, 2/16, then 3/16, etc. Not to mention that it hits for less. You might as well do without it.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
That'd be even worse. Toxic eats away at a scaled rate. 1/16 in the first round, 2/16, then 3/16, etc. Not to mention that it hits for less. You might as well do without it.
I honestly don't know why I typed in "Toxic Orb" I meant "Flame orb". Does that make a difference at all in your analysis? I really like this opening team. It's different both in pokemon used, and in how they are used (Articuno). If it were the Flame orb, THEN would dumping EV's in HP work?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 PM
FrozenVirus Offline
Experienced Trainer

You should consider dumping loads of EVs into HP if you want to use Flame Orb. Ursaring wants maximum attack power and an Adamant nature to be doing as much damage as possible with Facades / Returns / whatevers. Seriously though, if I were you, I wouldn't bother investing any EVs into speed because Ursaring's base 55 speed won't get higher no matter how hard you try or wish.

If you want to use the Quick Feet variant of Ursaring, again with a Flame Orb, that's a different story. In this case, Ursaring WOULD want maximum speed and a Jolly nature to hit 343 speed, which is pretty darn fast if you consider its 55 base speed.