Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:33 AM
AliasM Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AliasM Send a message via MSN to AliasM Send a message via Yahoo to AliasM
Cool Kickin' It Old School: Adventures in Kanto (RP)

Today was the day.

Today, everything changed.

Haruka checked her bag one last time, ensuring everything was in its place: notebooks, maps, pokemon species information, spare clothes, and of course music. Who could leave their house on an epic adventure without music?

"Odd, Odd."

"Yeah, same to you."

Haruka rolled her eyes at her grass pokemon's interjection, closing the flap on her bag before giving her reflection in the mirror a thorough look-over. Everything was in place, everything was packed, now all she needed...

Without warning, she lunged at the blue pokemon sitting at the end of her bed, pulling it into her embrace and laughing. She had never really been much into pokemon before her grandfather had died, but somehow her aunt just knew that her little niece would like this one. And she was right. The orange-haired teen ruffled the leaves on the female pokemon's head with her free hand, holding it firmly against her chest with the other.

"You ready to go?"

"Odd, dish!"

Haruka blinked a few times. "I'll, um, take that as a yes."

The teen grabbed her messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder with her free arm, grabbed a pair of black sunglasses from the table and hooked them onto the collar of her t-shirt, and walked out of her room. It would be the last time she saw it for quite a while.

She stepped lightly down the stairs, checking her watch as she did so. 7:45, bright and early. She intended to be the first one in front of the professor's door, ready for the blessings of the renowned Kanto pokemon authority so she could begin.

"So... You're leaving?"

Flinching, Haruka turned to face the voice. Her grandmother, whom she had already said goodbye to last night, stood in the doorway of her room. Haruka had hoped to leave before the old woman woke, so she wouldn't have to try and repeat the same painful goodbye process again. So much for that idea.

The girl nodded. "Yes. I have Oddish, and now I know what I want to do with myself." She bit her lip lightly. Haruka hated goodbyes.

The old woman looked her granddaughter up and down a few times solemnly, but slowly the stern, wrinkled features melted into a smile. "Your grandfather would have loved to see you like this, you know."

Haruka smiled back. "I know. This is for him. I'll make him proud."

Her grandmother nodded her approval, and Haruka walked slowly, surely, down the hallway of the house she grew up in, not knowing when she'd be back. All she knew was that when she did return, she would be a very different person from the one she was now. She turned the handle of the front door, pulled it open, and walked out into the sun.

It was bright for only being 7:45.

The teen pulled the sunglasses from her collar and perched them lightly atop her absurdly-colored hair, grinning madly to herself. She liked this already. She clutched the blue grass pokemon tightly against her, and started down the street. Professor Oak's Research Lab was at the end of this road, and by the looks of it she was indeed the first one up and out... until she got closer to the building.

Everyone was already there.

She gawked at the sizable crowd that had already gathered, before walking up to a man she recognized as one of her neighbors.

"Hey, what time is it?"

The man, Tomoe, looked at her, then down at his watch. "It's 7- no, 8:50, because of daylight savings. The professor should be finishing up giving his speech to the new trainers right about now!"

Daylight Savings. Awesome. "Thanks Tomoe!" Haruka began to book it through the crowd, pushing through the oohing and aweing adults, quite happy her family were never this kind of parent.

"I never liked long speeches anyway." She muttered to herself as she reached the long line of trainers, breathing a sigh that no one had left just yet.

"...And that is all you truely need to remember on your journey."

Gah, the old windbag! Remember... remember what? Had she missed some important tip to beating the gym leaders, or to catching pokemon?

"Now, I see that most of you already have your first pokemon. Would anyone that does not please step forward at this time to be given one?" Haruka watched as several of the trainers in line, mostly the younger ones, stepped forward to a pedestal with several red-and-white pokeballs sitting on it. Each one picked a ball in turn, then returned to the line.

"Does everyone have a pokemon now? Good." The professor walked down the line, past each trainer. "Now that everyone is here-" he put particular emphasis on the last word, glancing at Haruka pointedly, "-are there any last questions before you begin?"

Putting a label on yourself just makes it easier to sell yourself out.
I am always up for a good RP. If you want to do a one-on-one, just ask!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 AM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to tyshawn015 Send a message via Yahoo to tyshawn015
Default Re: Kickin' It Old School: Adventures in Kanto (RP)

"Dad, I have everything I need," Seb spoke into his cell phone. "Now can you leave me alone now?"

The teenager had spent all night on a ferry from Cinnabar Island to Pallet Town and he was more than a bit irritable.

"Where is Poliwag?" his father asked from the other side of the phone.

"Where do you think? He's in his Poke Ball. I'm not going to be one of those stupid trainers that lets their Pokemon just hang out of its Poke Ball. Alright Dad, I'll talk to you later."

Seb hung up the phone and looked up at Professor Oak. It appeared like he had just finished giving out his speech. Seb was too busy talking to his father to realize that the professor had finished, but he didn't really care. Whatever the old man was saying was probably something that he already knew. The only thing he really wanted to know was when he could leave.

"Hey!" he yelled out. "Professor Whatever, can we go now? Seriously, speed things up! I don't have all day!"

Some of the younger kids looked back at him in shock as the professor stared at him sternly. Seb glared at the elderly man as he waited for an answer.

"Well are you gonna answer me or not?!" he remarked. "I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to go, just the only one brave enough to say something! Come on, I've been up all night."

"Actually," Professor Oak began. "I asked was there anymore questions before we began. In a rush to go, you've only delayed yourself and everyone else."

"Whatever," Seb shot back as he flipped his sunglasses down. "I'm out of here..."

credit to Dynamik for the banner

Last edited by tyshawn015; 04-13-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

As Jake walked past the few houses in Pallet Town, he noticed that there was a huge gathering in front of Professor Oak's lab. He thought to himself

"Oh No!!! I totally forgot about that!!"

He ran towards the group and listened.

"And that's all you need to know for your journey" said Prof. Oak with a smile on his face.
"Any Questions?"

"Dang it!" Jake thought to himself..

Then Jake heard somebody...

"Hey!" he yelled out. "Professor Whatever, can we go now? Seriously, speed things up! I don't have all day!"

Jake snickered at what the guy had said.

Jake looked back at the Prof., he looked pretty angry, which made Jake laugh even more.

He felt bored while he waited. So his mind started wandering. Then, he forgot all about his charmander and released him from his pokeball. Charmander asked what was wrong. "Nothing, Don't Worry" Jake responded.. Charmander then looked at how many people were there. Prof. Oak started talking again and jake didn't bother to listen.

"Jeez, when can we start with the journey?!"

Turns out that Jake said that out loud and everybody turned to him. Jake blushed and smiled "Sorry!" Prof. Oak rolled his eyes and started talking again.

"Whoops...."

OOC: Sorry if its too short, i didn't really know what to put... if i need to make it longer then i shall.. just say

Yeah buddy!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 AM
AliasM Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AliasM Send a message via MSN to AliasM Send a message via Yahoo to AliasM

The professor sighed in exasperation. Clearly, these children were at the end of their attention spans. And they said ADD wasn't a real disease...

He cleared his throat loudly to try and reduce the din that had grown since his last words: impatient teens yelling sarcastic remarks over his words of wisdom, others running in and arriving at the last minute, not caring enough about their own journeys to show up to their own orientation on time!

"Well, if that is everything, you are free to begin your journey! The first gym you will encounter is in Veridian City, if memory serves me correctly." The old man chuckled a little. These teens had soured his usually jovial disposition, and so he conveniently forgot to mention that the Veridian gym had been closed for god-knows-how-long, and that as of late the first actual gym new trainers generally visited was in Pewter city, on the other side of Veridian Forest.

"If any of you have any questions, feel free to stay behind and ask me personally. Otherwise, I will speak to you all at a later date!"

"All right, finally," Haruka muttered to herself. She hadn't even listened to the old man the entire time, and she was already sick of hearing his voice. In fact, she was generally sick and tired of this town. Leaving would definitely do her some good.

The crowd dispersed, with trainers either returning to their parents in the crowd for a final tearful goodbye, or making a beeline for the edge of town and the road to Veridian city commonly known as Route 1. Haruka was one of the latter, having already endured as many goodbyes as she could stand for the time being.

As she walked, she noticed a male, about her age, whom she had never seen before just ahead. Unlike most of the trainers, who considered it fashionable to keep their pokemon out of their ball and walk around with them, this one was alone. As she upped her pace to catch up with him, she recognized him as one of the particularly antsy boys who had begun to shout rhetorical questions to the professor about when everyone could just get on with it already. Apparently, as soon as Oak had given the word, this boy had booked it to the edge of town, and she couldn't really say she blamed him.

Catching up with the boy, she slowed down just slightly to match his fast pace, walking a few feet away. She smiled a little to herself - he was wearing the same sunglasses she was, in the same way. She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it without a sound, smacking herself in the face inwardly for looking like some stupid fish or something, rather than just greeting him and introducing herself, but for some reason she couldn't bring herself to say any words. So, she just continued to walk a slight distance away, wondering how long it would take for the other trainer to notice her with her flamboyant hair and the Oddish still pulled against her chest.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

As the crowd started to spread around, Jake could hear some mothers crying cheerfully fot their children and fathers patting their backs. He smirked and started walking away towards the exit of Pallet Town. Jake pulled out his cellphone and called his parents

"Hey, Mom and Dad, i'm finally going now! I already have all my stuff with me and i also have Charmander. Love You Both!"

He turned it off. Jake had already put charmander back into his pokeball. He then spotted a girl about his age walking really fast to some guy. He laughed a little and started to walk after the two. Once the girl started walking at a normal pace with the guy, he introduced himself.

"Hey! My name is Jake! and this is Charmander..." He released Charmander and he bowed towards them. Jake then asked, "So, what are your names?"

While Jake was smiling like an idiot to them, he didn't notice another girl in front of him and he crashed into her. "Oh! I'm sorry! The little girl ran away crying" Jake just stood there frowning... Then he cheered up again and started walking along with the two. Jake noticed that the girl was trying to speak to the guy, He smirked again and stopped walking with them..

"Hmm, it seems she needs help talking to him..."

jake thought for a few seconds. "Should i?" He then shook his head which made his blonde hair shake as well. He started walking by himself with charmander and was silent.

Yeah buddy!

Last edited by Isaac8296; 04-13-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

As Seb continued walking he noticed that a girl with an Oddish was walking a small distance behind him and another guy with a Charmander not too far behind her.

"Should I speak?" he thought. "I mean I do need to know who the competition is."

He stopped for a second and stared hard at the other two trainers. The guy had blonde hair, but the girl had orange hair with dark shades that matched his. There was definitely something different about both of them. Seb pushed his long, black hair out of his eyes and opened his mouth to speak.

"Well," he began. "You can thank me for getting the old man to finally let us go. Too bad I had to be the first one to actually say something."

He paused for a second and looked around at the environment. The place was defintely different than Cinnabar Island. It had a serene feel to it which Seb found extremely boring.

"Anyway," he continued. "The name's Seb. I'm guessing you two have names, right?"

Old 04-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Khalid Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Khalid Send a message via MSN to Khalid

An average day for Khalid and his pokemon as he woke up in the woods of Cerulean City. The area in which they decided to take a pit stop seemed to be still in life. It was the perfect area for Khal to train his starter Pokemon Squirtle without the annoying interruptions. Khalid had recently turned 15 and after completing the Johto Region he decided it was time to challenge his birth place which was the Kanto Region. Not long ago he dropped off the pokemons he obtained in Johto with his family members to look after wanting to start fresh with Squirtle once more.

"..a new adventure once again..."

He stood up and stretched, trying to wake himself up fully. He packed up his sleeping bag and put them folded in his bag. He sat onto the grass and looked at the view over the river that was ever so near him. His thoughts drifted off into their own as he mindlessly stared into nowhere. He did that alot you know. Think about his future journeys around other regions. He had only left home at the age of 13 because he didnt feel he was ready to go about his own way. Though his older brother Jeremiah set off on his journey as soon as he turned 11. His brother now 19 was ana amazing pokemon trainer for a short time an even better Gym Leader but Jeremiah gave up all that glory to become a pokemon breeder and a fine one at that. He's studying with Professor Rowan in Sinnoh to better get an understanding of pokemons mentally or that's what he said in his last email to Khalid.

"I wonder what Jerry will do next..."
He thought to himself

Khalid came back to himself and looked around checking if anything had changed in his surroundings while he was in one of his usual dazes. He stood back up and thought it was time to train his pokemon a bit. He looked inside his pokemon and couldnt find the pokeball but remember he just recently bought a belt where he could place his pokeballs on. He gave a small smile as he reached for the ball. He threw into the air and yelled out.

"Come on out Squirtle, I choose you!"

A whitelight burst out revealing a blue pokemon. A happy and vibrant squirtle began dancing in excitement to see his trainer. Khalid grinned back at Squirtle. He walked towards a large open space to practice. He turned to Squirtle and nodded.

"You know what to do! Go and warm up!"
Khalid said to Squirtle. Squirtle obeyed the command and began dodging and running around the trees at a quick pace.

As Squirtle was training Khalid thought about going back to Pallet Town for a little bit to check out his hometown and see how his family were doing. He hadn't seen them for a good 6-7 months and it would be a great opportunity to catch up and see Professor Oak.

Last edited by Khalid; 04-13-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

OoC: Sorry I'm late. This isn't one of my best posts since I rushed, just to let you know.
Crystal Momoyia
Crystal checked over her belongings again. In one bag she had empty PokeBalls, potions, antidotes, and any other Pokemon medicine she thought she'd need. In the other she had her clothes, a sketch pad, her music, and some food. She tied her camo bandana around her neck, picked up both bag, clipping one around her waist and draping the other over her shoulder, and headed out of her room. Her older sister was in Hoenn while her younger sister was in Johto.

The blue-haired girl walked down the stairs to the living area. Her family lived on the outskirts of Pallet since they have a laboratory which doubled as their home. When she got on the bottom step, a small cat-like Pokemon ran up to her and jumped on her shoulder. She petted the Pokemon.

"I'm glad to see that you're excited, Meowth," she said.

"Meowth meow," the Pokemon replied.

Crystal shouted a good-bye to her parents before heading out, taking the PokeDex off of the table near the door as she ran out. She headed straight for Route 1, not needing to stop by Prof. Oak's. All the Pokemon she would catch would go back to her parent's lab instead. She was wondering what Pokemon she would catch and who all she would meet.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
The Frozen Prince Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince

Blane Walker
Viridian Forest

Blane sat under a large tree with his head burried between his hands which were pearched on his knees.

"What am I doing here." Blane said to himself, feeling homesick for the first time ever.

Blane wanted to leave Kanto and return to Sinnoh but he knew he couldn't. He knew that he would just be abused by everyone in Sinnoh. It was better for him here. He reached into his Pocket and pulled out a bright red apple. As he slowly ate the apple, he observed all the Pokemon as the walked past, ignoring Blane as he sat underneath the tree. He took out a large notepad and started to write down different notes about a group of Weedle up in a tree trying to gather food. He wrote down everything about their habits and about what they ate. Blane placed the apple core beside himself and reached down. He grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and threw it into the air. As the red beam hit the ground, a dark yellow mouse appeared. It had a small tail and it's stomache was a dark cream colour. Blane picked up the apple core and gave it to the Pokemon.

"I'm sorry Sandshrew but that's all I have."

Sandshrew looked down at the apple core but he did not complain. Instead, he happily ate it. Seconds later it was gone. Sandshrew walked up to Blane and sat down beside. As Blane was watching the Pokemon, he was unaware of what was going on above him. Blane put his hand behind him and pushed himself up but there seemed to be something on the floor. Blane looked down and saw a large spider web. Blane followed the spider web up the tree and saw one Ariados and three Spinarak. Blane stood there, frozen. From an early age, Blane was terrified of spider Pokemon but he was unable to move. Sandshrew jumped in front of Blane and tried to push him back but it was no good, Blane was petrified. To make matters worse, it seemed that the spiders found their next meal.

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
AliasM Offline
Amateur Trainer

"Names? Naw, In my culture, you do not receive a name until you have fought another of the tribe to the death and risen from the battle triumphant."

Sometimes, Haruka wondered why she didn't have friends.

She looked to her right to realize that there was another trainer on her other side, with blonde hair and a Charmander, who introduced himself as Jake, before bumping headlong into a little girl who ran off screaming.

Wuss.

The raven-haired boy on her left had introduced himself as Seb, and confirmed her suspicions as being the ass who pissed Professor Oak off during the ceremony.

She liked this guy already.

Ten minutes into the journey, and the first two trainers she had met were male. Haruka had always gotten along with boys more easily than girls for some reason, probably due more than anything to her sheer oddity. Being an uber tomboy with absolutely no interest in anything remotely girly probably helped a little, as well.

She kissed her Oddish on the top of its head just below the base of its leaves, thankful that it was tame and liked her enough to allow her to do so, before setting it on the ground and letting it walk on its own two feet just in front of her. She was tempted, crazy as she was, to link arms with the two boys on either side of her - a lá The Wizard of Oz. She felt like a pimp, all she was missing was the ridiculous wide-brimmed purple hat with a feather tucked into the band. But, she had her reserve, thankfully. There was no need to reveal just how completely weird she was to these guys she had never met before. Not just yet, anyway.

She looked from Seb to Jake stone-faced, trying hard not to laugh at her own introduction. It was definitely weird enough for the moment.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

The three teenagers that stood on the path, conversing with one another, failed to notice a small figure standing behind a nearby tree. She peered out at them, her dark purple eyes large with hardly-concealed curiosity, her face slightly shadowed by a curtain of sleek black hair.

“...”

"Names? Naw, In my culture, you do not receive a name until you have fought another of the tribe to the death and risen from the battle triumphant."

She blinked. Feeling slightly confused by this introduction, she pulled back and hid herself from view behind the rough trunk of the tree, her arms folded and hands gripping her elbows.

I don’t understand, she thought, her eyes staring blankly into space. Within a few moments, something answered. Inside her head.

Me neither, said the sleepy voice. Do you want me to investigate?

The girl gave a very slight nod, releasing her folded arms to hitch her lavender shirt that had been slipping off of her shoulder, up a few inches. She turned on the spot, her eyes going back into focus, and once again looked out at the three teenagers. However, now there was another addition.

A light brownish-beige Pokémon was ambling past them slowly, arms swinging, eyes shut. It had a snub nose and pointed ears, and a long tail that waved behind it gently. It seemed to pay no notice to anybody, but surely somebody would notice if an Abra suddenly walked past just outside of Pallet Town in broad daylight....
[OoC/; Crap/short, but hey. I'm eating chocolate, I have an excuse.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Seb grinned for a second. He didn't really care about the names, but he had to admit to himself, there was something different about this orange-haired girl. He focused his attention on the Oddish and then looked at the guy's Charmander.

Poliwag would have an advantage against the Charmander if they were to battle, but he would have a disadvantage against the Oddish.

"So," he continued coldly. "No name. That's cool, I don't need to know your name right now anyway. Look, you two can do whatever you want. I'm heading for Viridian City."

Pushing the hair out of his eyes once again, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned in the opposite direction.

Last edited by tyshawn015; 04-14-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

[OoC/; Sooooo... my post just got ignored? That's cool... xD

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Tombi Offline

[OoC/; That's fine, it was just a bit of a 'wtf ignored' moment there. xD

Old 04-14-2009, 03:07 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Crystal Momoyia (if this is getting annoying, just let me know. This has become a habbit of mine)
Crystal started on route to Route One, already knowing what Pokemon she wished to catch. She knew that there were Pidgey and Rattata on this route, and she wanted to catch both. Meowth rested on her shoulder, looking around.

"This is going to be so exciting!" she meowed.

"Meowth, you know I can't understand you yet, right?" the Trainer questioned her Pokemon.

The Scratch Pokemon nodded, but knew that one day her Trainer would be able to understand her. Crystal knew bits and pieces of her speech, but not enough yet. Meowth heard something ahead and jumped off of the girl's shoulder and ran ahead. Crystal sighed and ran after the Pokemon. They came upon three other Trainers, all looked like they were starting out as well. Meowth ran back and forth between the three, and then back to Crystal.

"Meowth, you have way too much energy," she sighed.

"I know, but you love me," Meowth meowed before returning to the Momoyia girl's shoulder.
OoC: Anyone (AliasM, Isaac8296, or tyshawn015) can react to seeing Meowth if you want. And sorry for the major shortness. Running low on fuel here.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-14-2009 at 03:10 AM.