Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Kid_Eternity Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Question about Substitute?

What are the kind of attacks that can break a Substitute?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Question about Substitute?

Any attack that deals over 25% damage to a Pokemon will break their Substitute. If you mean what attacks will break a Substitute and continue to hit the Pokemon behind it, multi-hit moves do the job. Although they might not be the best attacks out there, they do help take out Baton Passers, but whether or not they warrant a move slot is another story. Rock Blast will completely destroy Ninjask.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Question about Substitute?

As said above, a sub has a quarter of your pokes HP stat, while carrying over it's defence and SpDef stats. The best move for dealing with subs is seismic toss/night shade, as they bypass defence stats and will automatically KO any sub from a poke with base 99HP or less (Base 100 pokes have a max HP of 404, meaning they can make 101HP subs while ST and NS do a maximum of 100 damage). In turn no poke can set up a sub that will take more than two hits from ST. As a general rule, subs can be taken down by the same stuff that would take down the poke, since they carry over stats and typing. Just attack it as you would the pokemon hiding behind it.