Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Best way to counter a BPing Scizor?

I got my Scizor with an Adamant nature, high attack IVs, max attack and defense EVs, and got him choice band.

I beat down 36 trainers in a row in battle tower using only bullet punch before he died. However, the pokemon that beat it got a critical hit. What pokemon are set up to kill scizor (and are ofter used) and what are some moves to give scizor in order to counter them?

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Best way to counter a BPing Scizor?

BP Scizor doesn't get seen too much nowadays since he's a demon of a sweeper in platinum. The best way of stopping a BP scizor would probably be an azelf running taunt and fire blast, or a jirachi with specs, trick and fire punch. Both outspeed, cripple any attempts at a set-up while hitting for quad damage. Jirachi has the advantage of resisting steel STAB moves and being neutral bug ones. Choice scarf jirachi needs 132 Speed EVs and jolly to outrun an adamant scizor after one agility, which will laugh in their faces if they go for a second stat-up. Alternatively hippowdon's bulk means he can switch in on scizor, shrug off an attack and roar away all of its boosts.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
BP Scizor doesn't get seen too much nowadays since he's a demon of a sweeper in platinum. The best way of stopping a BP scizor would probably be an azelf running taunt and fire blast, or a jirachi with specs, trick and fire punch. Both outspeed, cripple any attempts at a set-up while hitting for quad damage. Jirachi has the advantage of resisting steel STAB moves and being neutral bug ones. Choice scarf jirachi needs 132 Speed EVs and jolly to outrun an adamant scizor after one agility, which will laugh in their faces if they go for a second stat-up. Alternatively hippowdon's bulk means he can switch in on scizor, shrug off an attack and roar away all of its boosts.
BP = Bullet Punch, not Baton Pass.

Heatran counters it pretty well. Brick Break on Scizor to counter Heatran, but it will hard when up against ScarfTran.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Ohhh, I was assuming the correct termingology was being used ;)

In that case the role of best "BP" scizor counter falls straight into the hands of Rotom H. He resists or ignores everything on the standard swords dance set, cripples with W-O-W or OHKOs with overheat.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Ohhh, I was assuming the correct termingology was being used ;)
Well you would have known he meant Bullet Punch if you'd have read his first post properly.

Another great Bullet Punch Scizor counter is Zapdos. It resists Bug, Steel + Fighting, the most likely attack types on Scizor. Zapdos can OHKO it back with Heatwave. Stealth Rock can hamper its ability to come in and take a beating, but I guess that's what Roost is there for.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
BP = Bullet Punch, not Baton Pass.

Heatran counters it pretty well. Brick Break on Scizor to counter Heatran, but it will hard when up against ScarfTran.
Super Power > Brick Break.
Anyways there are plenty of ways to take down BP scizor and they pretty much listed the best ones already ;-;
Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Ohhh, I was assuming the correct termingology was being used ;).
My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, if you want to stop it right where it stands, Magnezone does a brilliant job of it, as he has a 4x resistance to Steel and a monstrous Special Attack that he can flaunt 'till kingdom come behind the Substitute he can throw up if Scizor is choiced (which he usually is, due to the affirmative action people have taken in an effort to counter Scizor's Swords Dance set). It's either that, or you can run a Choice Scarf revenge killer and take Bullet Punch if you're absolutely sure he'll use it, or if you let something get killed by Bullet Punch beforehand. Magnezone leaves him with no refuge and can destroy him with Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire.

Of course, only do that if you have nothing but contempt for him and getting him out of the way as soon as possible evokes nothing but glee in your team members. If you just want to scare the pants off him, go with Gofre's suggestion of Rotom-A, as Magnezone needs a lot of protection on a team; otherwise, he'll just falter in the wake of a faster sweeper.

My Battle Log